[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

6 hours ago, Tucubanito07 said:

It was worth a try. It said it was already decrypted and the photos now are 0kb. Well i guess all of those photos are lost. I did do a backup on this before i tried again and when i see the backup photos it keeps saying "it looks like we dont support this format" I even tried repair jpg and nothing. Do you have any suggestions on trying to fix the backup images? I do see they have data on them. Just cant open on any stock photo app.

I just did a fresh install and i get this error "OCP\Files\NotPermittedException: Could not create folder". @Kewjoe

Edited by Tucubanito07
5 minutes ago, Tucubanito07 said:

I just did a fresh install and i get this error "OCP\Files\NotPermittedException: Could not create folder". @Kewjoe

This is the other error i am getting as well.

[cron] Error: Exception: Not installed at <<closure>>

0. /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php line 651
   OC::checkInstalled()
1. /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php line 1089
   OC::init()
2. /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php line 42
   require_once("/config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php")

at 2020-03-17T22:05:00+00:00

5 minutes ago, Tucubanito07 said:

This is the other error i am getting as well.

[cron] Error: Exception: Not installed at <<closure>>

0. /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php line 651
   OC::checkInstalled()
1. /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php line 1089
   OC::init()
2. /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php line 42
   require_once("/config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php")

at 2020-03-17T22:05:00+00:00

I run this command "chown -R www-data:www-data html" and i get "chown: invalid user: ‘www-data:www-data’"

6 minutes ago, Tucubanito07 said:

I run this command "chown -R www-data:www-data html" and i get "chown: invalid user: ‘www-data:www-data’"

These are the permission i have for the following folders.

root@Eleanor:~# ls -l /mnt/user/NextCloud/
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   20 Mar 17 18:07 Tucubanito07/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   10 Mar 17 18:05 Tucubanito0720/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  100 Mar 17 18:10 appdata_oc9hp1kxyb5g/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   26 Mar 17 18:10 files_external/
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users    0 Mar 17 18:05 index.html
-rw-r----- 1 nobody users 8272 Mar 17 18:08 nextcloud.log
root@Eleanor:~# ls -l /mnt/user/appdata/
.DS_Store         Zoneminder/       binhex-plexpass/  bitwarden/        nextcloud/        
DarkStat/         ark-se/           binhex-radarr/    letsencrypt/      steamcmd/         
NoIp/             binhex-delugevpn/ binhex-sonarr/    mariadb/          tautulli/         
root@Eleanor:~# ls -l /mnt/user/appdata/
.DS_Store         Zoneminder/       binhex-plexpass/  bitwarden/        nextcloud/        
DarkStat/         ark-se/           binhex-radarr/    letsencrypt/      steamcmd/         
NoIp/             binhex-delugevpn/ binhex-sonarr/    mariadb/          tautulli/         
root@Eleanor:~# ls -l /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/
.cache/ .rnd    keys/   log/    nginx/  php/    www/    
root@Eleanor:~# ls -l /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 32 Mar 17 17:33 keys/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 16 Mar 17 17:33 log/
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 40 Mar 17 17:33 nginx/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 44 Mar 17 17:33 php/
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 38 Mar 17 17:33 www/
root@Eleanor:~# ls -l /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/
total 4
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nobody users 988 Mar 17 17:33 index.html
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 396 Mar 17 18:08 nextcloud/

I think Nextcloud Talk is fantastic, if you are on your own LAN.  I am wondering if anyone has a good step by step direction on how to get nextcloud talk going with a coturn server setup?  I know that there would be a lot of interest in order to make it so Talk works like it was intended.  Of course, I may be just having wishful thinking....

It's my first post here so hello everyone;)

I need some help setting up remote access to nextcloud set up on my home server running 6.8.3 version of unraid. Specifically configuring access from an iPhone.

It appears locally everything is set up ok. I have access to webui, I can upload and download files.

I have followed to an extent spaceinvader guide on setting up remote access. I did not however use reverse proxy and only set up ddns service on duckdns.org. Not that I need it as I have static IP, but domain name just looks nicer than ip address;). Ports 180 and 1443 are forwarded properly on the router.

Locally, everything works just fine. Even if I access my network from outside I can easily connect to the service. It's the access from outside, without vpn that I am interested in. I'm not even sure if I am following the right route when configuring the app on the iphone. I click Log in, then I enter the address htpps://XXXXX.duckdns.org and I hit enter. I tried this with port number and without, but no joy either.

So your help on this is much appreciated. Thanks

System log is here. Letsencrypt log is here, and screenshot from letsencypt config is here.

53 minutes ago, scubieman said:

Can you point me to where/how to setup nextcloud backup? I have the appdata done via the ca appdatabackup for both mariadb and nextcloud dockers.

However anything special with nextcloud? or do I just backup the nextcloud share I made which would include it all?

I recently had a crash, and I restored from Appdata backup.  Everything, including usernames and p/w's, restored gracefully.  

Just now, scubieman said:

What about the files them self?

I have a parity so I don't worry too much about the actual share since that is backed up automatically.  I am not a tech guru, but I believe the config that is backed up by appdata backup, points to the share that has all of your users files.  When I restored, all the files in the share were availble for the users.

I am also having this silly error message that seems to be plaguing many people as well:

ONLYOFFICE cannot be reached.  Please contact admin.

I am using 18.02 and I followed spaceinvaderones video where he was under the impression that there was no 'fix' and that nextcloud needed to release a correction.  Im no expert either way so I am not prepared or even wanting to assign blame anywhere but it seems his explanation may not be completely accurate if there are people that have this working.   I just need to know how to once and for all correct this error so that I can get this done.

I have both onlyoffice and document server installed/enabled within this container.

I am using the linuxserver/nextcloud container and it is updated to todays date 03/18/2020.

I have the  Document Editing Service address set as: 

https://my.https.domain/apps/documentserver_community/

I also have the config.php file setup properly as well afiak:

'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.1.50:444',
    1 => 'my.https.domain',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '18.0.2.2',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://my.https.domain/',
  'overwritehost' => 'my.https.domain',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'trusted_proxies' => 
  array (
    0 => 'letsencrypt',
    1 => '192.168.1.50',
  ),
  'forwarded_for_headers' => array('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'),
  'filesystem_check_changes' => 1,

What on earth do I need to do to get this working?  I have been trying for a long time to get this right.  Thank you VERY MUCH for any help at all and totally sorry if this has been covered somewhere else or numerous times.  I didnt see it.  😕

Edited by danktankk

@danktankk afaik this is still not supported by any alpine based nextcloud docker (also not the official alpine nextcloud one)

this is only working in the apache nextcloud version ... due a pretty bad code from nextcloud.

so (afaik) currently, either use the official apache nextcloud docker or us the sep onlyoffice doc server in combination with lsio NC for this now.

18 minutes ago, alturismo said:

@danktankk afaik this is still not supported by any alpine based nextcloud docker (also not the official alpine nextcloud one)

this is only working in the apache nextcloud version ... due a pretty bad code from nextcloud.

so (afaik) currently, either use the official apache nextcloud docker or us the sep onlyoffice doc server in combination with lsio NC for this now.

I will gladly take that explanation and wait for a fix.  I was sitting here thinking I had not done something right.  Thank you very much.  I did see where I could have added the container and all that in spaceinvaderones video, but i thought it was excessive and not necessary when nextcloud? needs to fix this.  Or perhaps unraid? I simply dont know where the problem lies.  Nextcloud has had several updates that I have applied myself (18.0.2 currently )and this still isnt working.  I dont want to add more containers unnecessarily as i am sitting on plenty.  Is there an ETA on when this will be corrected on their end? Again thank you for this explanation.

Hi,

I'm new to Nextcloud, I set it up at home using the Spaceinvaderone-tutorial. For the moment I only use it at home for backup purposes for foto's and video's.

Yesterday I started uploading pictures and video's from my phone. I setup an admin account and a user account for myself. I gave my user account a standard quota of 250GB but after filling it Nextcloud says my userquota is full after 40GB?

When I try to change it it doesn't work and I can't upload anymore.

Any suggestions? vers 18.0.2

thanks!

Edited by siamsquare
4 hours ago, danktankk said:

I will gladly take that explanation and wait for a fix.  I was sitting here thinking I had not done something right.  Thank you very much.  I did see where I could have added the container and all that in spaceinvaderones video, but i thought it was excessive and not necessary when nextcloud? needs to fix this.  Or perhaps unraid? I simply dont know where the problem lies.  Nextcloud has had several updates that I have applied myself (18.0.2 currently )and this still isnt working.  I dont want to add more containers unnecessarily as i am sitting on plenty.  Is there an ETA on when this will be corrected on their end? Again thank you for this explanation.

afaik its not lsio or unraid related, as mentioned also the official nextcloud alpine docker doesnt work (they also provide a alpine edition), so we have to wait until NC solved it ... my last test was with 18.01, for now i keep the external onlyoffice solution ...

when u have success within the next releases, may let us all know here ;)

Hi,
I'm new to Nextcloud, I set it up at home using the Spaceinvaderone-tutorial. For the moment I only use it at home for backup purposes for foto's and video's.
Yesterday I started uploading pictures and video's from my phone. I setup an admin account and a user account for myself. I gave my user account a standard quota of 250GB but after filling it Nextcloud says my userquota is full after 40GB?
When I try to change it it doesn't work and I can't upload anymore.
Any suggestions? vers 18.0.2

thanks!
That happens to me. And I stopped caring long ago, I know I'm not going to fill up

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, ZosoPage1963 said:

I have a parity so I don't worry too much about the actual share since that is backed up automatically.

Parity doesn't keep a copy of your files, it's NOT a backup.

It will only allow a failed drive to be replaced, it doesn't correct file corruption, or allow you to get back deleted data. Anything important must be backed up elsewhere. Parity is only for high availability, to allow you to keep working while the failed drive is replaced.

Parity IS NOT BACKUP.

11 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Parity IS NOT BACKUP.

sorry, my choice of words was incorrect.  Parity is a form of protection from drive failure.  The question originally was how to back up nextcloud.  I back up the nextcloud share, and all other important shares, to an offsite service in case of file corruption.  Thanks for keeping the wording straight!

9 minutes ago, ZosoPage1963 said:

sorry, my choice of words was incorrect.  Parity is a form of protection from drive failure.  The question originally was how to back up nextcloud.  I back up the nextcloud share, and all other important shares, to an offsite service in case of file corruption.  Thanks for keeping the wording straight!

How to you encrypt before sending off to off-site?

11 minutes ago, scubieman said:

How to you encrypt before sending off to off-site?

I don't since these files are family related, not business or hugely confidential.  I believe Nextcloud has a setting to encrypt the files, and I believe you would send them exactly the same way after the encryption.  But, that is just a guess since I do not do so.