[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

does anyone have OnlyOffice Document Server running on 21.0.2?

OnlyOfficeDocumentServer...

https://documentserver.mydomain.com/healthcheck = true

Nextcloud...

Error when trying to connect (Server error: `GET https://documentserver.mydomain.com/healthcheck` resulted in a `503 Service Temporarily Unavailable` response:

please send help!

Hi all,

I setup nextcloud with letsencrypt ssl certificate (via Nginx Proxy Manager) and runnung on my own subdomain. It is working fine but I have some issues with web-gui.

I delete a file, it's loading and loading and loading only after I hit F5 then the file is gone. Same with creating files.

What could be the issue?

Thank you and Regards,

Luk

Edited by luk

Hey Everyone,

My Nextcloud is currently stuck in an update stating only "update in progress" and I can't get it out. I saw in a post someone just used the backup made by the updater to restore their Nextcloud to the previous version. Could someone tell/link me how to do that? I know the location up the backup just not how to use it.

Thanks,

Edit: NVM I figured it out

Edited by TrueImpulse

I'm having some trouble updating.  I previously was on version 17.0.2.  I wanted to update to the latest version since the Windows client informed me that server version 17 is no longer supported.  I updated the docker container to 21.0.2, and then intended to open the web client to perform the update.  However, I got the "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3. You are currently running 7.4.19." message.  So, I opened the console for the container and tried running the CLI updater.  However, when I do this it tells me it will download version 17.0.10.  I went ahead and updated, thinking that I needed to be on the latest version of 17 to be presented with the next version.  However, after that process, it still presents me with version 17.0.10.

So, how can I go about getting the latest version?  Thanks for any help you can provide!

I'm having some trouble updating.  I previously was on version 17.0.2.  I wanted to update to the latest version since the Windows client informed me that server version 17 is no longer supported.  I updated the docker container to 21.0.2, and then intended to open the web client to perform the update.  However, I got the "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3. You are currently running 7.4.19." message.  So, I opened the console for the container and tried running the CLI updater.  However, when I do this it tells me it will download version 17.0.10.  I went ahead and updated, thinking that I needed to be on the latest version of 17 to be presented with the next version.  However, after that process, it still presents me with version 17.0.10.

So, how can I go about getting the latest version?  Thanks for any help you can provide!
Tldr, you need to use an older docker tag,
For more info search this forum, it have been answered multiple times recently.

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1
14 hours ago, luk said:

Hi all,

I setup nextcloud with letsencrypt ssl certificate (via Nginx Proxy Manager) and runnung on my own subdomain. It is working fine but I have some issues with web-gui.

I delete a file, it's loading and loading and loading only after I hit F5 then the file is gone. Same with creating files.

What could be the issue?

Thank you and Regards,

Luk

anyone any idea here?

Hi,

I tried to use this container but I have an error when I try to get my browser to it :

Composer autoloader not found, unable to continue. Check the folder "3rdparty". Running "git submodule update --init" will initialize the git submodule that handles the subfolder "3rdparty".

To you have an idea of what happens ?

did an update to the latest version today and im not locked out of nextcloud both windowsapp (says offline) and webgui. I cannot reset the passwords through the gui either i get an error "could not send reset email please contact administrator"
I tried resetting the password and created a new user through occ. I got an email about an admin resetting my password but i cannot login on my admin account or the new account i created.
I run redis and mariadb im also usin nginxproxymanager
/config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php looks like this anonymized ofc

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'occ0pyg1e73h',
  'passwordsalt' => 'pass',
  'secret' => 'secret',
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'redis' => 
  array (
    'host' => '192.168.10.38',
    'port' => 6379,
  ),
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.10.38:444',
    1 => 'server',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '21.0.0.18',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'serverurl',
  'overwritehsot' => 'serverurl',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.10.38',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbpassword' => 'pass',
  'installed' => true,
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'pipe',
  'mail_from_address' => 'server',
  'mail_domain' => 'domain',
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtphost' => 'send.one.com',
  'mail_smtpname' => 'server',
  'mail_smtppassword' => 'pass',
  'mail_smtpport' => '465',
  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl',
  'filesystem_check_changes' => 1,
  'maintenance' => false,
);

The only error i can see is from /nginx/error.log and s over an hour old and hasnt repeated after a full server restart so i dont think its related

2021/05/31 14:15:25 [error] 394#394: *1452 access forbidden by rule, client: 192.168.10.1, server: _, request: "GET /.well-known/assetlinks.json HTTP/1.1", host: "nextcloud.jarvinen.se"
2021/05/31 14:23:00 [error] 402#402: *171 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\ExceptionLoggerPlugin' not found in /config/www/nextcloud/remote.php:61
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/remote.php(169): handleException()
#1 {main}
  thrown in /config/www/nextcloud/remote.php on line 61" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.10.1, server: _, request: "PROPFIND /remote.php/dav/files/ovifla/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.jarvinen.se"

any ideas on what i can do to fix this? Am i missing something?

EDIT:

found some more errors which does not make much sense to me.

{"reqId":"GdMWKqNqERxV0OWVPYZ1","level":3,"time":"2021-05-31T13:10:03+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"PHP","method":"","url":"--","message":{"Exception":"Error","Message":"Trying to access array offset on value of type null at /config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/CalDAV/BirthdayService.php#305","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/CalDAV/BirthdayService.php","line":305,"function":"onError","class":"OC\\Log\\ErrorHandler","type":"::"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/BackgroundJob/GenerateBirthdayCalendarBackgroundJob.php","line":71,"function":"resetForUser","class":"OCA\\DAV\\CalDAV\\BirthdayService","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/BackgroundJob/Job.php","line":52,"function":"run","class":"OCA\\DAV\\BackgroundJob\\GenerateBirthdayCalendarBackgroundJob","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/BackgroundJob/QueuedJob.php","line":46,"function":"execute","class":"OC\\BackgroundJob\\Job","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/cron.php","line":128,"function":"execute","class":"OC\\BackgroundJob\\QueuedJob","type":"->"}],"File":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Log/ErrorHandler.php","Line":92,"CustomMessage":"--"},"userAgent":"--","version":"21.0.0.18"}

Edited by Jamorro

My nextcloud instance completely stopped working recently. I tried using CA appdata backup to do a restore of two different dates and neither worked. I did it for both nextcloud and my mariadb docker. I then completely removed both dockers renamed the existing appdata and did a clean install of both. Still no joy. Neither container shows errors in the log but I still can't access the UI, all I get is site can't be reached.

On 6/3/2021 at 5:12 PM, shiftylilbastrd said:

My nextcloud instance completely stopped working recently. I tried using CA appdata backup to do a restore of two different dates and neither worked. I did it for both nextcloud and my mariadb docker. I then completely removed both dockers renamed the existing appdata and did a clean install of both. Still no joy. Neither container shows errors in the log but I still can't access the UI, all I get is site can't be reached.

Similar issues. I've been using this container for a while. Docker page says .....

25.02.21: - Nginx default site config updated for v21 (existing users should delete /config/nginx/site-confs/default and restart the container).

so I tried that. Seems better. Time will tell though. Maybe give it a shot?

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nextcloud

I'm using Nextcloud v20 with Android  3.16.0 app.  Can anyone explain how sync works?  Is it one way sync? Two way?  Server to device or device to server?  Etc..

I created a test folder and setup auto upload.  New files are uploaded as expected.  If I delete files in the test folder on the server, they are not deleted from the device.  If I delete test files from the device, they are not deleted from the server.  If I manually exec a sync, the files receive a green checkmark in the app, but it's not obvious what that means and I see no evidence of a sync.

9 minutes ago, Gragorg said:

Has there been any headway to get the built in Only Office to work or is everyone using the Only Office docker in addition to nextcloud?

I'm using collabora, only office is faster, but missing some very basic features. like cell lock

On 6/6/2021 at 6:23 AM, dboonthego said:

I'm using Nextcloud v20 with Android  3.16.0 app.  Can anyone explain how sync works?  Is it one way sync? Two way?  Server to device or device to server?  Etc..

I created a test folder and setup auto upload.  New files are uploaded as expected.  If I delete files in the test folder on the server, they are not deleted from the device.  If I delete test files from the device, they are not deleted from the server.  If I manually exec a sync, the files receive a green checkmark in the app, but it's not obvious what that means and I see no evidence of a sync.

How did you configure auto upload, did you configure it to move the files to app folder? 
or leave them where they are.

In general, when you upload from your phone, files on your phone are not touched, (unless you configure it to do so).
Nextcloud app on android does not work like the desktop's one.

6 hours ago, skois said:

How did you configure auto upload, did you configure it to move the files to app folder? 
or leave them where they are.

In general, when you upload from your phone, files on your phone are not touched, (unless you configure it to do so).
Nextcloud app on android does not work like the desktop's one.

It's set to keep the file in the original location, but auto upload is working well.  Taping the folder's three dot menu from the Android Nextcloud app shows "Add to Favorites, Details, Rename, Move, Copy, Sync, Delete" as available options.  It's Sync that I don't understand.  What does this do?  I haven't been able to determine; it doesn't seem to do anything.

My goal is to keep the auto upload folder in sync with the device.  I have auto upload configured on the phone's camera folder.  New photos are uploaded to server as expected.  When photos are deleted from the phone, I'd like them to be deleted from the server.

5 hours ago, dboonthego said:

It's set to keep the file in the original location, but auto upload is working well.  Taping the folder's three dot menu from the Android Nextcloud app shows "Add to Favorites, Details, Rename, Move, Copy, Sync, Delete" as available options.  It's Sync that I don't understand.  What does this do?  I haven't been able to determine; it doesn't seem to do anything.

My goal is to keep the auto upload folder in sync with the device.  I have auto upload configured on the phone's camera folder.  New photos are uploaded to server as expected.  When photos are deleted from the phone, I'd like them to be deleted from the server.

https://github.com/nextcloud/android/issues/285

I want to backup my nextcloud and found a good script but had to change some parts for docker.

I already figured out how to set the maintenance mode and this works fine:

docker exec --tty nextcloud sudo -u $webserverUser php $nextcloudDockerFileDir/occ maintenance:mode --off

So the script works so far, but i want to improve it.

But i was not able to figure out how i could check if the maintenance mode is on or off.
I think this is because of the "--tty" but other options work less.

Last week the backup worked fine but the maintenance mode was still on.
So i want to make a check at the end to switch it off if it is still on or maybe send a message to check the maintenance mode.

So how can i check the maintenance mode from outside the docker?

1 hour ago, dboonthego said:

Okay, thanks for the link.  So it seems one and two way sync are future enhancements.  That compounds my confusion about the sync option though.

nextcloud.png

The folder you click "Sync" it gets downloaded in your device (in the nextcloud's app folder) and any changes in the server are also done in the file on your device. (Assuming you have the app open. if not, it will sync again on the next app launch).

If its still not clear or it does not work like this for you, please ask on help.nextcloud.com.
This type of questions is not relevant with the nextcloud image. 

Please keep this forum only for problems on setting up nextcloud in unraid or problems with this image!

Other problems should be addressed in nextcloud forums :)

(this is my PERSONAL opinion ofc) 

also don't take this personally, i just see a lot of irrelevant questions here :D 

I updated Nextcloud to 21.0.2 on Unraid version 6.9.2 and now I receive following error in the nextcloud log:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getLogger() on null in /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php:163

Stack trace:

}
thrown in /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php on line 163

Nextcloud isn't accessible anymore with following Error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the webserver log.

Any advice?

• Like 1
19 hours ago, pcking said:

Can somebody help me that knows nginx?

I have setup nextcloud and got it working with nginx reverse proxy and all but the phone app cannot upload pictures... any tips?

Nextcloud config: https://pastebin.com/QSQ2J7nd

Nginx reverse proxy config: https://pastebin.com/c7DRqtXF

Nginx error log: https://pastebin.com/qasQ21ih

Setup is simple: Nginx Proxy Server 10.0.0.101 -> Nextcloud 10.0.0.102

I keep track of this link for my nginx config for nextcloud. I think you should try this first @pcking.

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/installation/nginx.html