[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

I am having an issue with updating the pdf viewer. Nextcloud is telling me there is an update available but when i click the update button in the webui it says updating but doesnt actually do anything at all... logs dont seem to say much either. is there a way to manually do this?

10 hours ago, tazire said:

I am having an issue with updating the pdf viewer. Nextcloud is telling me there is an update available but when i click the update button in the webui it says updating but doesnt actually do anything at all... logs dont seem to say much either. is there a way to manually do this?

Tried removing it and reinstalling?

I've posted this question on the github several days ago, but so far no answers.

For about the last week, I cannot seem to upload from my main android picture folder to either photo or video directories. Other uploads are significantly delayed, sometimes initiating on their own hours after being taken. Presence or absence of  WiFi makes no difference.

I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but the original settings, down to the finger print security, remain. I tried removing the account, clearing the cache and data prior to uninstalling, to no avail. 

Any ideas how to completely remove the app so that I can install in fresh?

I am stumped.

Running on S9+, Android 8.0.0

Thanks,

Lev

9 hours ago, levster said:

I've posted this question on the github several days ago, but so far no answers.

For about the last week, I cannot seem to upload from my main android picture folder to either photo or video directories. Other uploads are significantly delayed, sometimes initiating on their own hours after being taken. Presence or absence of  WiFi makes no difference.

I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but the original settings, down to the finger print security, remain. I tried removing the account, clearing the cache and data prior to uninstalling, to no avail. 

Any ideas how to completely remove the app so that I can install in fresh?

I am stumped.

Running on S9+, Android 8.0.0

Thanks,

Lev

Sorry, but we only make the container. We don't develop the software, so better to ask about this in the nextcloud community. 

I am having a sync issue on macOS which was also discussed here: Nextcloud: Calendar and Contacts with MacOS and iOS (iOS sync is working very well).

Seems that there is something needed in macOS: Troubleshooting Contacts & Calendar

The document is telling us that the  .htaccess file has to be edited within the following lines to be added:

Redirect301/.well-known/carddav/nextcloud/remote.php/Redirect301/.well-known/caldav/nextcloud/remote.php/dav

Which file do I have to choose as there are 2 of them:

• /mnt/user/system/docker/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/.htaccess
  • /mnt/user/system/docker/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/.htaccess

Thanks for help.

I am having a sync issue on macOS which was also discussed here: Nextcloud: Calendar and Contacts with MacOS and iOS (iOS sync is working very well).
Seems that there is something needed in macOS: Troubleshooting Contacts & Calendar

The document is telling us that the  .htaccess file has to be edited within the following lines to be added:
Redirect301/.well-known/carddav/nextcloud/remote.php/Redirect301/.well-known/caldav/nextcloud/remote.php/dav

Which file do I have to choose as there are 2 of them:

• /mnt/user/system/docker/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/.htaccess
  • /mnt/user/system/docker/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/.htaccess

Thanks for help.
htaccess isn't relevant as this container is using nginx not apache.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I am running it as https://server.com/nextcloud which is your preferred setup - right?

I just discovered that there are some entries in /mnt/user/system/docker/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default which need some change:

rewrite ^/.well-known/carddav /remote.php/dav/ permanent;                                                                         
rewrite ^/.well-known/caldav /remote.php/dav/ permanent;                                                                         

Should is rather look like:

rewrite ^/.well-known/caldav  /nextcloud/remote.php/dav/ permanent;
rewrite ^/.well-known/carddav  /nextcloud/remote.php/dav/ permanent;

I'm having problem upgraded nextcloud to ver 13. 

Here my proxy setup, which is working fine in nextcloud 12.

'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.2.40:4444',
    1 => 'mydomain.net/cloud',
  ),

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://hmydomain.net',
  'overwritehost' => 'mydomain.net',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'overwritewebroot' => '/cloud',

But now on ver 13, my webserver does it work directing connection to nextcloud. However, web page only displays blank . 

5ac658b79ef5d_nextcloudtroble.thumb.png.53ae60ad855c689c4fb05d2bea9e8e80.png

Hi,

I tried to install Nextcloud with the Letsencrypt reverse proxy as explained in the first post. I use duckdns for my domain. Once I edit the "proxy.conf" and generate "nextcloud", I cannot connect to Nextcloud anymore, but get an error 502:

502.jpg.1008c4aa8b1671c27c8137194bf783dd.jpg

The same happens if I try to access Nextcloud with the internal IP. Accessing Letsencrypt still leads to this, so I guess that should be fine:

letsencrypt.jpg.6475190765bbd283600bc947f74123d4.jpg

I configured the Letsencrypt docker with custom:br0 and gave it a unique IP, as I had issues with port forwarding on my router. Here are the two docker configs:

Letsencrypt:

letsencrypt_docker.thumb.jpg.e0ebd2994f2cd8e4a0eff4fc23ff1a36.jpg

Nextcloud

nextcloud_container.thumb.jpg.ee9debb2971e51db8bda184064068169.jpg

I generated the config file "nextcloud" in "/mnt/user/appdata/letsencrypt/nginx/site-confs":

server {
    listen 443 ssl;

root /config/www;
    index index.html index.htm index.php;

server_name mydomain.duckdns.org;

###SSL Certificates
    ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;
    ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;

###Diffie–Hellman key exchange ###
    ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;

###SSL Ciphers
    ssl_ciphers 'ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES128-GCM-SHA256:kEDH+AESGCM:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-DSS-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256-GCM-SHA384:AES128-SHA256:AES256-SHA256:AES128-SHA:AES256-SHA:AES:CAMELLIA:DES-CBC3-SHA:!aNULL:!eNULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!RC4:!MD5:!PSK:!aECDH:!EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA:!EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:!KRB5-DES-CBC3-SHA';

###Extra Settings###
    ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
#    ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;

### Add HTTP Strict Transport Security ###
    add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubdomains";
    add_header Front-End-Https on;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        proxy_pass https://192.168.178.5:444/;
#        proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
    }
}

I left the "default" file in that folder. Should this be deleted or edited? I tried to play around with that option, but it did not really help.

Finally, I edited "config.php" in "/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config"

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'oc0bihhsnmqg',
  'passwordsalt' => '7MJmDxvWQ5LZ2bOByhhVON5HKqd2PQ',
  'secret' => 'ICE63sRU/DF6tV1f+LxE6MsfEV6GIyKUugtvj0+gFkzH111U',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.178.5:444',
    1 => 'mydomain.duckdns.org',
  ),
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://mydomain.duckdns.org',
  'overwritehost' => 'mydomain.duckdns.org',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '13.0.0.14',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.178.5:3306',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'user',
  'dbpassword' => 'PASSWORD',
  'installed' => true,
);

Again, I just left "config.sample.php" as it.

Not sure what is causing this issue, I guess the lin is broken somewhere. I would appreciate some insight, as I have no real clue what is causing this particular issue. 

Many thanks!

Sebastian

Edited by Seige

Yesterday, I updated mariadb and nextcloud containers, both from LS.io. Today, I noticed that mariadb is corrupted and not starting the dbs. I am not saying that this problem is directly related to updating containers, but it is a chronological fact. I don't have a backup of mariadb (yet).

What is the best course of action for me? Delete the mariadb container and db files and reinstall? I can create a new nextcloud database on the new mariadb container. But, how can I get nextcloud to initialize the empty nextcloud database as NC did at the very beginning? Or should I reinstall nextcloud container as well?

I am stumped. Please help.

My NextCloud docker is refusing to accept connections this morning. Log is full of errors like this for every client...

172.17.0.1 - - [09/Apr/2018:10:22:36 +0100] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 3873 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/65.0.3325.181 Safari/537.36"
172.17.0.1 - neodude [09/Apr/2018:10:22:53 +0100] "GET /status.php HTTP/1.1" 500 5 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows) mirall/2.3.2 (build 1) (Nextcloud)"
172.17.0.1 - Mally [09/Apr/2018:10:22:53 +0100] "GET /status.php HTTP/1.1" 500 5 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows) mirall/2.3.2 (build 1) (Nextcloud)"
172.17.0.1 - neodude [09/Apr/2018:10:23:25 +0100] "GET /status.php HTTP/1.1" 500 5 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows) mirall/2.3.2 (build 1) (Nextcloud)"
172.17.0.1 - Mally [09/Apr/2018:10:23:25 +0100] "GET /status.php HTTP/1.1" 500 5 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows) mirall/2.3.2 (build 1) (Nextcloud)"
172.17.0.1 - neodude [09/Apr/2018:10:23:57 +0100] "GET /status.php HTTP/1.1" 500 5 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows) mirall/2.3.2 (build 1) (Nextcloud)"

Any ideas?

14 hours ago, sse450 said:

Yesterday, I updated mariadb and nextcloud containers, both from LS.io. Today, I noticed that mariadb is corrupted and not starting the dbs. I am not saying that this problem is directly related to updating containers, but it is a chronological fact. I don't have a backup of mariadb (yet).

What is the best course of action for me? Delete the mariadb container and db files and reinstall? I can create a new nextcloud database on the new mariadb container. But, how can I get nextcloud to initialize the empty nextcloud database as NC did at the very beginning? Or should I reinstall nextcloud container as well?

You're probably going to have to reinstall Nextcloud, backup the contents of /data and when you've finished reinstalling you can copy the data back to your newly created user.  Once you've done that you can rescan the files into the database again via the terminal, I've posted the command somewhere in this thread already, but once you've done the above post here and I can always dig it out again.

Guess I don't need to tell you the importance of backups at this point do I?

14 hours ago, sse450 said:

One other thing, if you look at the first post of the mariadb support thread there's some links I think to try and recover the databases if you haven't already.  Backup the mariadb appdata before you start messing with the files though.  Read the whole thread as I seem to remember someone else posted some more info on possible fixes too.

On 4/7/2018 at 2:37 PM, Seige said:

Hi,

I tried to install Nextcloud with the Letsencrypt reverse proxy as explained in the first post. I use duckdns for my domain. Once I edit the "proxy.conf" and generate "nextcloud", I cannot connect to Nextcloud anymore, but get an error 502:

502.jpg.1008c4aa8b1671c27c8137194bf783dd.jpg

The same happens if I try to access Nextcloud with the internal IP. Accessing Letsencrypt still leads to this, so I guess that should be fine:

letsencrypt.jpg.6475190765bbd283600bc947f74123d4.jpg

I configured the Letsencrypt docker with custom:br0 and gave it a unique IP, as I had issues with port forwarding on my router. Here are the two docker configs:

Letsencrypt:

letsencrypt_docker.thumb.jpg.e0ebd2994f2cd8e4a0eff4fc23ff1a36.jpg

Nextcloud

nextcloud_container.thumb.jpg.ee9debb2971e51db8bda184064068169.jpg

I generated the config file "nextcloud" in "/mnt/user/appdata/letsencrypt/nginx/site-confs":

server {
    listen 443 ssl;

root /config/www;
    index index.html index.htm index.php;

server_name mydomain.duckdns.org;

###SSL Certificates
    ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;
    ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;

###Diffie–Hellman key exchange ###
    ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;

###SSL Ciphers
    ssl_ciphers 'ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES128-GCM-SHA256:kEDH+AESGCM:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-DSS-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256-GCM-SHA384:AES128-SHA256:AES256-SHA256:AES128-SHA:AES256-SHA:AES:CAMELLIA:DES-CBC3-SHA:!aNULL:!eNULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!RC4:!MD5:!PSK:!aECDH:!EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA:!EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:!KRB5-DES-CBC3-SHA';

###Extra Settings###
    ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
#    ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;

### Add HTTP Strict Transport Security ###
    add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubdomains";
    add_header Front-End-Https on;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        proxy_pass https://192.168.178.5:444/;
#        proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
    }
}

I left the "default" file in that folder. Should this be deleted or edited? I tried to play around with that option, but it did not really help.

Finally, I edited "config.php" in "/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config"

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'oc0bihhsnmqg',
  'passwordsalt' => '7MJmDxvWQ5LZ2bOByhhVON5HKqd2PQ',
  'secret' => 'ICE63sRU/DF6tV1f+LxE6MsfEV6GIyKUugtvj0+gFkzH111U',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.178.5:444',
    1 => 'mydomain.duckdns.org',
  ),
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://mydomain.duckdns.org',
  'overwritehost' => 'mydomain.duckdns.org',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '13.0.0.14',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.178.5:3306',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'user',
  'dbpassword' => 'PASSWORD',
  'installed' => true,
);

Again, I just left "config.sample.php" as it.

Not sure what is causing this issue, I guess the lin is broken somewhere. I would appreciate some insight, as I have no real clue what is causing this particular issue. 

Many thanks!

Sebastian

If LetsEncrypt is on a custom bridge then Nextcloud will also need to be.  Either both on custom bridge or both as default.  Can't mix and match

Also you can delete `default` as you're only running one subdomain

Edited by CHBMB
  • Like 1