[Support] binhex - Krusader

Hi;

This container has been working very well for over a year. Yesterday, when I tried to access it, I'm getting a "Failed to connect to server" error with "noVNC" and a "Connect" button being displayed.

I've tried restarting the container and when I do, it spins for about 30 seconds then I get an "Execution error. Server error" and an OK button. When I click the OK button, the container remains in the started state. The same results are presented if I try to stop the container. When I try to remove it, it goes through the dialogs to remove a container but then throws the "Execution error. Server error" and returns to the started state.

If I try to open a container console, it opens then immediately closes.

The log seems to have ceased logging yesterday.

Has anyone encountered this? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm have a problem with docker high image disk utilization.

image.png.a5dcf428ed936a9c4eb45ffa3a2e571e.png

It was suggested that I review the docker container sizes for any docker that seemed unusually large.  The one that stood out is binhex-krusader at 2.38 GB.  Is this unusually large?  If so, what can I do about it?

image.png.256399b294e310973d9826821662da18.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Best policy is to stop the container when it's not needed.

Start it when you want to use it, and stop it as soon as you are done.

Thank you! Yes, I have been doing this but I was just wondering whether there is more elegant solution.

15 hours ago, Ruato said:

Thank you! Yes, I have been doing this but I was just wondering whether there is more elegant solution.

you can use the built in functionality to set a password, simply edit the container and set the 'value' to your password for key 'VNC_PASSWORD'

• Thanks 1

Seeing odd mouse cursor behavior. The mouse appears as a hatched rectangle instead of an arrow. I also cannot select multiple files with Shift click or Ctrl click. I have restarted Krusader and saw no change. This just started happening, no changes or additional updates or installs.

I did update to see if that fixed it, it did not. Any ideas?

14 hours ago, Polhub said:

Seeing odd mouse cursor behavior. The mouse appears as a hatched rectangle instead of an arrow. I also cannot select multiple files with Shift click or Ctrl click. I have restarted Krusader and saw no change. This just started happening, no changes or additional updates or installs.

I did update to see if that fixed it, it did not. Any ideas?

sounds like a browser related issue to me, try another browser and/or an 'incognito' tab, if this fixes it then the issue is browser and/or browser extension/plugin related.

Hi, been running fine for days on a new unraid install. Today its decided that I 'cannot connect to server'.

I deleted it and its folder from appdata, redownloaded same deal

Tried on host and bridge same deal

Tried in different browsers and on different computers same deal

Th eonly red in the logs is this

_XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created.

Why would this work then decide its not working anymore? Very frustrating as I had the same issue with krusader on OMV that was so persistent I was forced to use Dolphin which is without doubt the ugliest interface ever. (but it works!)

Unable to delete a Krusader folder I used as backup when doing a cache drive recovery. Any help is much appreciated.

I posted my question in the Unraid forum but no one has replied to date:

"Long story short, I had to recreate my cache drive. As backup i copied appdata folder and system. Now the appdata backup folder cannot be delete becuase of a single file. I have no clue how to remove it. Any advice is much appreciated."

image.thumb.png.2394cf8d02a4db5038128617ca87ae52.png

dont use binhex/arch-krusader, it contain a virus xmrig at "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-krusader/home/.config/xmrig"
Obviously I didn't include a crypto miner in the image, no sign of xmrig for me, sounds like a possible security breach on your server.

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2023 at 1:03 AM, binhex said:

Obviously I didn't include a crypto miner in the image, no sign of xmrig for me, sounds like a possible security breach on your server.

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

thanks i wil check that.sorry for misunderstanding 

I am doing some transfer of 500 GB data to Unraid using Krusader from unassigned disks to some Unraid shares.

The transfer seems to work well and the speed is good, but I see that Krusader suddenly shows the message "Stalled".

The transfer is not stalled at all - it carries on well.

See attached screenshot.

1. What does this "Stalled" mean? Why does it display it when it definitely is not stalled?

2. I am not connected through VNC all the time when I do the transfer. I close the browser with VNC and connects at some later point to check progress on the transfer. I guess this is fine? I do not need to be connected with VNC all the time?

3. Can I "trust the transfer"? Will Krusader tell me if some files could not be copied?

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 23.23.57.png

18 minutes ago, ziggy99 said:

1. What does this "Stalled" mean? Why does it display it when it definitely is not stalled?

stalled means transfer speed was/is near or at zero, i see you are transferring thousands of files, so stalling can happen under this circumstance, but it shouldnt be anything to worry about.

20 minutes ago, ziggy99 said:

2. I am not connected through VNC all the time when I do the transfer. I close the browser with VNC and connects at some later point to check progress on the transfer. I guess this is fine? I do not need to be connected with VNC all the time?

yes its fine and no you do not need to stay connected to vnc

20 minutes ago, ziggy99 said:

3. Can I "trust the transfer"? Will Krusader tell me if some files could not be copied?

in my experience the answer is yes you can trust krusader, but feel free to do a compare once the copy is complete to verify everything is copied across.

On 8/9/2023 at 11:54 PM, binhex said:

stalled means transfer speed was/is near or at zero, i see you are transferring thousands of files, so stalling can happen under this circumstance, but it shouldnt be anything to worry about.

yes its fine and no you do not need to stay connected to vnc

in my experience the answer is yes you can trust krusader, but feel free to do a compare once the copy is complete to verify everything is copied across.

Thanks - I did an rsync to verify afterwards and the copy had been done OK!

This Krusader app is so confusing. See the screenshot. Why is Krusader showing 28.6GB when I'm 100% certain that this path has like 10 TERABYTES available? The share below is a dataset on a ZFS POOL. This wrong capacity is preventing me from copying a batch of files in excess of 28.6GB. 

image.png.7dce904f8f1e8f003eafb281499fe38e.png

3 hours ago, doctortt said:

This Krusader app is so confusing. See the screenshot. Why is Krusader showing 28.6GB when I'm 100% certain that this path has like 10 TERABYTES available? The share below is a dataset on a ZFS POOL. This wrong capacity is preventing me from copying a batch of files in excess of 28.6GB. 

image.png.7dce904f8f1e8f003eafb281499fe38e.png

Krusader is correctly showing you the disk space available within the docker image, i would guess you have a 30GB docker image created right?, i would also suspect you are not doing a docker bind mount from your host path to '/3_unraid_shares' and thus its writing inside the docker image and not to your host.

To correct this create a new 'path' e.g.:-
image.thumb.png.ae3e192145fe4196c8b27ad15e60f731.png