Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi-Controller

520 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

This plugin is fantastic. Thank you so much for making it. I have finally migrated off my seldom turned on Windows 7 laptop. I had tried in the past to move off that laptop to a different device, but i failed. With this Docker too, I had some problems adopting the Controller (nothing to do with the Docker) and i discovered two things about this Controller software and the WAP in the process:

1. It can take a few minutes before it actually tells you the adoption failed, whereupon you get a "+" button in the Devices section which takes you to "advanced adoption". It took me AGES to notice that!

2. That advanced adoption uses SSH (maybe that's how it always adopts?). I didn't realise SSH doesn't adopt the password of the Controller. I had changed it some time in the past (years ago) which is why i couldn't bloody well connect to it!

 

So thanks again. I've just signed up to LinuxServer and made my first (small) donation. As you have several other plugins i'm pretty sure i'll be donating more in the future. Cheers! 🙏

Edited by Derek_

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Derek_ said:

This plugin is fantastic. Thank you so much for making it. I have finally migrated off my seldom turned on Windows 7 laptop. I had tried in the past to move off that laptop to a different device, but i failed. With this Docker too, I had some problems adopting the Controller (nothing to do with the Docker) and i discovered two things about this Controller software and the WAP in the process:

1. It can take a few minutes before it actually tells you the adoption failed, whereupon you get a "+" button in the Devices section which takes you to "advanced adoption". It took me AGES to notice that!

2. That advanced adoption uses SSH (maybe that's how it always adopts?). I didn't realise SSH doesn't adopt the password of the Controller. I had changed it some time in the past (years ago) which is why i couldn't bloody well connect to it!

 

So thanks again. I've just signed up to LinuxServer and made my first (small) donation. As you have several other plugins i'm pretty sure i'll be donating more in the future. Cheers! 🙏

Good to hear you managed to migrate to this one.

Thank you very much for the donation. Much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post

Running into an issue right now that I can seem to figure out.  My Docker container stops running pretty frequently (3-4 times per day) and requires a manual start. Seems like a timeout issue with MongoDB but I'm not quite sure. Logs below:

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/


Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
-------------------------------------
GID/UID
-------------------------------------

User uid: 99
User gid: 100
-------------------------------------

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 20-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 20-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Exception in thread "WsSitesList" com.mongodb.MongoTimeoutException: Timed out after 30000 ms while waiting for a server that matches ReadPreferenceServerSelector{readPreference=primary}. Client view of cluster state is {type=UNKNOWN, servers=[{address=localhost:27117, type=UNKNOWN, state=CONNECTING, exception={com.mongodb.MongoSocketOpenException: Exception opening socket}, caused by {java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)}}]
at com.mongodb.connection.BaseCluster.createTimeoutException(BaseCluster.java:377)
at com.mongodb.connection.BaseCluster.selectServer(BaseCluster.java:104)
at com.mongodb.binding.ClusterBinding$ClusterBindingConnectionSource.<init>(ClusterBinding.java:75)
at com.mongodb.binding.ClusterBinding$ClusterBindingConnectionSource.<init>(ClusterBinding.java:71)
at com.mongodb.binding.ClusterBinding.getReadConnectionSource(ClusterBinding.java:63)
at com.mongodb.operation.OperationHelper.withConnection(OperationHelper.java:406)
at com.mongodb.operation.FindOperation.execute(FindOperation.java:510)
at com.mongodb.operation.FindOperation.execute(FindOperation.java:81)
at com.mongodb.Mongo.execute(Mongo.java:836)
at com.mongodb.Mongo$2.execute(Mongo.java:823)
at com.mongodb.DBCursor.initializeCursor(DBCursor.java:870)
at com.mongodb.DBCursor.hasNext(DBCursor.java:142)
at com.ubnt.service.C._.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.ubnt.service.sdn.F.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.ubnt.service.sdn.newsuper.õÒO000(Unknown Source)
at com.ubnt.service.sdn.newsuper.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.ubnt.service.sdn.newsuper$_o.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter INFO: destroy called
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
s6-svwait: fatal: timed out
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Any idea why i cant get this to work? 

 

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
-------------------------------------
GID/UID
-------------------------------------

User uid: 99
User gid: 100
-------------------------------------

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 20-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 20-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, dfox1787 said:

Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available
Port 8080 not available

Looks like port 8080 is not available. Is it in use by another docker?

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Looks like port 8080 is not available. Is it in use by another docker?

yeah i sorted it out. However my APs wont adopt they just loop from adopting to disconnected. Ive tried the windows desktop software version and works a treat. 

Share this post


Link to post

I am currently running with the LTS tag (Unifi Controller 5.6.42.  I noticed in unRAID that the docker container has an update available.  Is there a place where I can read what the update contains?

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, mifronte said:

I am currently running with the LTS tag (Unifi Controller 5.6.42.  I noticed in unRAID that the docker container has an update available.  Is there a place where I can read what the update contains?

Github linked in the first post in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, mifronte said:

I am currently running with the LTS tag (Unifi Controller 5.6.42.  I noticed in unRAID that the docker container has an update available.  Is there a place where I can read what the update contains?

Since the GitHub post didn't specify anything for UnRAID specifically, I'll post it here to confirm it for anyone who's unsure.

 

Simply delete your current container (and image).

Reinstall the container, and choose the Default (or Latest).

 

I just did this in less than 15 minutes and it was extremely painless and saved all my settings.  You can search for the container easily enough but if you're unsure which one you had installed you can always check Previous Apps in the left menu.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, lordbob75 said:

Since the GitHub post didn't specify anything for UnRAID specifically, I'll post it here to confirm it for anyone who's unsure.

 

Simply delete your current container (and image).

Reinstall the container, and choose the Default (or Latest).

Yeah, I did not see any release notes to see what were the changes.  Also, do you have to delete the container?  Can't one just click on the apply update link under the Docker tab?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, mifronte said:

Yeah, I did not see any release notes to see what were the changes.  Also, do you have to delete the container?  Can't one just click on the apply update link under the Docker tab?

Yes you have to delete it. I tried force update first but it doesn't do anything.

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, mifronte said:

Yeah, I did not see any release notes to see what were the changes.  Also, do you have to delete the container?  Can't one just click on the apply update link under the Docker tab?

The release notes on the github page show that the url that the container pulls the app from was changed to accommodate a change made by Ubiquiti. Just clicking the update button should work. I didn’t have any trouble updating.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

The release notes on the github page show that the url that the container pulls the app from was changed to accommodate a change made by Ubiquiti. Just clicking the update button should work. I didn’t have any trouble updating.

08D565ED-30C6-41C0-9AA5-CEC6781F8735.thumb.png.ad931651b0ebb17dd93e4aa355b655be.png

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/24/2020 at 1:16 AM, saarg said:

Try changing the appdata path to /mnt/cache/ instead of /mnt/user/.

This fixed it for me, is there a fix planned or is this permanent?  

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Crilith said:

This fixed it for me, is there a fix planned or is this permanent?  

It's not something we can do anything about. It has to do with some databases not liking fuse file systems.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/6/2020 at 11:05 AM, wgstarks said:

The release notes on the github page show that the url that the container pulls the app from was changed to accommodate a change made by Ubiquiti. Just clicking the update button should work. I didn’t have any trouble updating.

but if you look to the prior releases in the -latest branch, it's the same comment/update for 5.12.35-ls49 (5 days ago) , 5.12.35-ls48 (12 days ago), 5.12.35-ls47 (18 days ago), 5.12.35-ls46 (26 days ago), etc.

 

So please correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like the updates are for something ubiquiti has changed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, seestray said:

So please correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like the updates are for something ubiquiti has changed.

I have to assume that only Ubiquiti would be able to make changes to their domain but I don’t know anything more than what’s in the release notes. Perhaps someone from @linuxserver.io can provide more detail?

Share this post


Link to post

I've always got the SSL Cert Error when loading the Unifi Controller web UI and I would just click Advanced and Proceed Anyway.  However, Lately I'm getting a different error in Chrome and can't proceed.  Still loads fine in Safari and Firefox. Any ideas on how to fix?

 

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 7.08.19 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, RodWorks said:

Any ideas on how to fix?

No, but what shows up if you click on the text "NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID"?

Can you post the result here?

 

Reason I'm asking is I'm getting a different error that has the proceed anyway available, and I'm wondering what the difference is.

When I click on the error I'm seeing, here is the partial result.

Subject: unfi

Issuer: unfi

Expires on: Jan 21, 2021

Current date: Feb 18, 2020

PEM encoded chain:-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

 

I found a link on how to import a self signed cert, but I don't think it's going to work in your case. Could be wrong though.

https://www.pico.net/kb/how-do-you-get-chrome-to-accept-a-self-signed-certificate

Share this post


Link to post

Is it possible to update the version to the Beta code?  I have a case open with Ubiquiti and they’ve asked me to update my Controller to 5.12.60, but the admin login page says that it’s version 5.12.35.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, bisk said:

Is it possible to update the version to the Beta code?  I have a case open with Ubiquiti and they’ve asked me to update my Controller to 5.12.60, but the admin login page says that it’s version 5.12.35.

As mentioned several times in this thread, this particular docker container sticks with the public releases only (currently 5.12.35); no beta or testing releases are supported.

 

There is another UniFi docker container available in Community Applications that does update to beta versions. If you really need a beta/testing version soon, that is your best bet.

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, jonathanm said:

No, but what shows up if you click on the text "NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID"?

Can you post the result here?

 

Reason I'm asking is I'm getting a different error that has the proceed anyway available, and I'm wondering what the difference is.

When I click on the error I'm seeing, here is the partial result.

Subject: unfi

Issuer: unfi

Expires on: Jan 21, 2021

Current date: Feb 18, 2020

PEM encoded chain:-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

 

I found a link on how to import a self signed cert, but I don't think it's going to work in your case. Could be wrong though.

https://www.pico.net/kb/how-do-you-get-chrome-to-accept-a-self-signed-certificate

I used to get the proceed anyway option but something changed a few weeks ago.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 8.01.19 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, RodWorks said:

I used to get the proceed anyway option but something changed a few weeks ago.

Did you try the link to manually add the certificate?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.