[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

11 minutes ago, MAHaines said:

Sorry if I missed this, but would we benefit at all by passing in a GPU?

What container? If we are talking about Palworld the answer is no and for every other dedicated server also no because these are dedicated servers and designed for use without a GPU.

27 minutes ago, whoa1111 said:

I'm having a strange issue with my palworld server. All users report that they are unable to climb jump. When climbing, the player is teleported/falls to the bottom of the wall once they use the jump. I tested this over LAN and the issue persists. RTT 5-20ms, jitter less than 4ms. Any ideas? It feels like it must be a lag issue but 5-20ms seems reasonably low.

Sorry but this is a game issue and you have to ask on the Steam Community Forums or in the official Discord.

21 minutes ago, AzumaDaigo said:

Hello quick question, everytime I restart the container the permissions on the steamcmd folder and palworld folder in my appdata share reset to drwxrwx--- and I have to set them back to drwxrwxrwx for the container to work. This is probably solved very easily but I am still pretty new to unraid, so I was wondering how I could fix this.

No, you don't have to set it to 777 just leave it at 770.

Please don't mess with the permissions it is most likely the case that you messed up something already and that's why it's not working.

Reason behind this is that the container sets the permission on start to 770 and as said, you don't have to change them usually.

Most likely something is already wrong with your appdata directory but please don't run new permissions on this directory because you will mess it up even more.

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Nope, please read this post:

Damn.  That is disappointing - I came on here to ask for the same; Enshrouded Server.

I do understand though, you've done a lot.  Hopefully someone else makes one as rock solid as your Valheim server has been for me and, many others.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, CoZ said:

Damn.  That is disappointing - I came on here to ask for the same; Enshrouded Server.

I do understand though, you've done a lot.  Hopefully someone else makes one as rock solid as your Valheim server has been for me and, many others.

i found one on dockerhub by sknnr. the problem is i have no idea what to do with this. ich777 spoiled me all these years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but this is a game issue and you have to ask on the Steam Community Forums or in the official Discord.

Thanks. Looking through the discord it seems like it's a common enough issue with dedicated servers. Hopefully the dev will address it in the future.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, shakinbacon said:

i found one on dockerhub by sknnr. the problem is i have no idea what to do with this. ich777 spoiled me all these years.

There seems to be quite a few of them on Docker hub.  However, I wouldn't even know which one would be "best" and not sure the level of trust would be the same as an ich777 docker container lol

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 14-30-28 CozsNAS_Apps.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Nope, please read this post:

That's fair, though is turns out there are some dcoksers already... I'm trying to follow GitHub - ich777/docker-steamcmd-server: Simple Dockerfile that installs steamcmd and a selected game server: to unraid one but my level of fail is pretty funny (no real clue).

On 1/21/2024 at 4:03 PM, Ashepp said:

I'm trying the 50.47.x.x:8211 IP address in Palworld and Getting a "Not Found Session. (91) Error". I've tried both my internal and external IP's. I'm using the unraid docker. Any ideas what else I can try? I changed the ini to ensure the passwords for AdminPassword="" and ServerPassword="". I'd also tried removing those fields completely.

I'm trying to connect through PC GamePass in case that makes a difference as opposed to Steam. 

Gamepass does not support dedicated servers for pal world at this time, and yes that sucks. Developer said something about having to negotiate that with MS separately. 

55 minutes ago, CoZ said:

There seems to be quite a few of them on Docker hub.  However, I wouldn't even know which one would be "best" and not sure the level of trust would be the same as an ich777 docker container lol

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 14-30-28 CozsNAS_Apps.png

I'm trying one those but no joy in mudvill

Command executiondocker run
  -d
  --name='enshrouded-server'
  --net='br0'
  --ip='192.168.1.1.132'
  -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="nas-mass"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="enshrouded-server"
  -e 'USER'='root'
  -e 'HOME'='/root'
  -e 'LANG'='en_US.UTF-8'
  -e 'LANGUAGE'='en_US:en'
  -e 'Community_Applications_Conversion'='true'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman 'mornedhels/enshrouded-server'

docker: Error response from daemon: invalid IPv4 address: 192.168.1.1.132.
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

7 minutes ago, Bushibot said:

I'm trying one those but no joy in mudvill

Command executiondocker run
  -d
  --name='enshrouded-server'
  --net='br0'
  --ip='192.168.1.1.132'
  -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="nas-mass"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="enshrouded-server"
  -e 'USER'='root'
  -e 'HOME'='/root'
  -e 'LANG'='en_US.UTF-8'
  -e 'LANGUAGE'='en_US:en'
  -e 'Community_Applications_Conversion'='true'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman 'mornedhels/enshrouded-server'

docker: Error response from daemon: invalid IPv4 address: 192.168.1.1.132.
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

Your IP address is invalid you have X.X.X.X.X it should be X.X.X.X

For those wanting to have Enshrouded, I've just created the container following ich777 footstep. I'm waiting for it to be publish in the community app.

To prevent cross discussion between devs, the support thread is here: 

Note that I'm still waiting on port confirmation from the dev about UDP and TCP. the doc doesn't specify and looking on various website, it varies. Presently, the template open both to be sure.

• Like 7

Having the same output from the log,

Hardware 
HP Proliant DL385 G7

2xAMD Opteron 6176 SE

On 1/23/2024 at 1:12 PM, ich777 said:

Hardware? On what Unraid version are you?

On 1/23/2024 at 1:09 PM, Rinny said:

I just ran a fresh install of the Palworld docker. I left everything in the template as default other than changing Bridge to Host. Docker is put into sleep mode after starting. 

cp: cannot stat '/serverdata/serverfiles/linux64/*': No such file or directory
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
SteamCMD not found!
steamcmd.sh
linux32/steamcmd
linux32/steamerrorreporter
linux32/libstdc++.so.6
linux32/crashhandler.so
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "public/steambootstrapper_english.txt".
[  0%] Checking for available update...
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '<h2>404') in file manifest [offset: 15]

Bad expression token: lBad expression token: oBad expression token: l../tier1/KeyValues.cpp (2925) : Assertion Failed: Error while parsing text KeyValues for resource manifest
[----] Verifying installation...
[  0%] Downloading Update...
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '<h2>404') in file manifest [offset: 15]

Bad expression token: lBad expression token: oBad expression token: l../tier1/KeyValues.cpp (2925) : Assertion Failed: Error while parsing text KeyValues for resource manifest
[----] !!! Fatal Error: Steamcmd needs to be online to update.   Please confirm your network connection and try again.
threadtools.cpp (3294) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'Thread(0x0x569cb3f0/0x0x2a5ffb'
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "public/steambootstrapper_english.txt".

[----] Verifying installation...
[  0%] Downloading Update...

[----] !!! Fatal Error: Steamcmd needs to be online to update.   Please confirm your network connection and try again.
threadtools.cpp (3294) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'Thread(0x0x569c23f0/0x0x2a5ffb'
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration not found, downloading...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---No PublicIP found in PalWorldSettings.ini, trying to obtain it...---
---Sucessfully obtained PublicIP: xx.xxx.xx.xxx, adding to PalWorldSettings.ini
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
---Something went wrong, can't find the executable, putting container into sleep mode!---

60gb ECC Ram

I'm usually scouring the internet and cant find a rhyme or reason for this.

Trying to edit the palworld server, navigated to \\UNRAID\appdata\palworld\Pal\Saved\Config\LinuxServer
I've tried setting DeathPenalty to =1 or =0 with no dice, looked at the official doc
https://tech.palworldgame.com/optimize-game-balance#:~:text=Dropped Items Multipiler-,DeathPenalty,-Death penalty None
and even tried setting DeathPenalty=Item and nada, everytime I restart my server it reverts it, the odd part is that I set eggincubation to 0.000000 and it doesn't revert that and works correctly (eggs hatch instantly)

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thank you anyone!

[/Script/Pal.PalGameWorldSettings]
OptionSettings=(Difficulty=None,DayTimeSpeedRate=1.000000,NightTimeSpeedRate=1.000000,ExpRate=1.000000,PalCaptureRate=1.000000,PalSpawnNumRate=1.000000,PalDamageRateAttack=1.000000,PalDamageRateDefense=1.000000,PlayerDamageRateAttack=1.000000,PlayerDamageRateDefense=1.000000,PlayerStomachDecreaceRate=1.000000,PlayerStaminaDecreaceRate=1.000000,PlayerAutoHPRegeneRate=1.000000,PlayerAutoHpRegeneRateInSleep=1.000000,PalStomachDecreaceRate=1.000000,PalStaminaDecreaceRate=1.000000,PalAutoHPRegeneRate=1.000000,PalAutoHpRegeneRateInSleep=1.000000,BuildObjectDamageRate=1.000000,BuildObjectDeteriorationDamageRate=1.000000,CollectionDropRate=1.000000,CollectionObjectHpRate=1.000000,CollectionObjectRespawnSpeedRate=1.000000,EnemyDropItemRate=1.000000,DeathPenalty=All,bEnablePlayerToPlayerDamage=False,bEnableFriendlyFire=False,bEnableInvaderEnemy=True,bActiveUNKO=False,bEnableAimAssistPad=True,bEnableAimAssistKeyboard=False,DropItemMaxNum=3000,DropItemMaxNum_UNKO=100,BaseCampMaxNum=128,BaseCampWorkerMaxNum=15,DropItemAliveMaxHours=1.000000,bAutoResetGuildNoOnlinePlayers=False,AutoResetGuildTimeNoOnlinePlayers=72.000000,GuildPlayerMaxNum=20,PalEggDefaultHatchingTime=0.000000,WorkSpeedRate=1.000000,bIsMultiplay=False,bIsPvP=False,bCanPickupOtherGuildDeathPenaltyDrop=False,bEnableNonLoginPenalty=True,bEnableFastTravel=True,bIsStartLocationSelectByMap=True,bExistPlayerAfterLogout=False,bEnableDefenseOtherGuildPlayer=False,CoopPlayerMaxNum=4,ServerPlayerMaxNum=32,ServerName="Myserver",ServerDescription="How has Nintendo not sued yet?",AdminPassword="adminpassword",ServerPassword="password",PublicPort=8211,PublicIP="xxx.xx.xx.xxx",RCONEnabled=False,RCONPort=25575,Region="",bUseAuth=True,BanListURL="https://api.palworldgame.com/api/banlist.txt")

1 minute ago, tommoore3290 said:

I'm usually scouring the internet and cant find a rhyme or reason for this.

Trying to edit the palworld server, navigated to \\UNRAID\appdata\palworld\Pal\Saved\Config\LinuxServer
I've tried setting DeathPenalty to =1 or =0 with no dice, looked at the official doc
https://tech.palworldgame.com/optimize-game-balance#:~:text=Dropped Items Multipiler-,DeathPenalty,-Death penalty None
and even tried setting DeathPenalty=Item and nada, everytime I restart my server it reverts it, the odd part is that I set eggincubation to 0.000000 and it doesn't revert that and works correctly (eggs hatch instantly)

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thank you anyone!

[/Script/Pal.PalGameWorldSettings]
OptionSettings=(Difficulty=None,DayTimeSpeedRate=1.000000,NightTimeSpeedRate=1.000000,ExpRate=1.000000,PalCaptureRate=1.000000,PalSpawnNumRate=1.000000,PalDamageRateAttack=1.000000,PalDamageRateDefense=1.000000,PlayerDamageRateAttack=1.000000,PlayerDamageRateDefense=1.000000,PlayerStomachDecreaceRate=1.000000,PlayerStaminaDecreaceRate=1.000000,PlayerAutoHPRegeneRate=1.000000,PlayerAutoHpRegeneRateInSleep=1.000000,PalStomachDecreaceRate=1.000000,PalStaminaDecreaceRate=1.000000,PalAutoHPRegeneRate=1.000000,PalAutoHpRegeneRateInSleep=1.000000,BuildObjectDamageRate=1.000000,BuildObjectDeteriorationDamageRate=1.000000,CollectionDropRate=1.000000,CollectionObjectHpRate=1.000000,CollectionObjectRespawnSpeedRate=1.000000,EnemyDropItemRate=1.000000,DeathPenalty=All,bEnablePlayerToPlayerDamage=False,bEnableFriendlyFire=False,bEnableInvaderEnemy=True,bActiveUNKO=False,bEnableAimAssistPad=True,bEnableAimAssistKeyboard=False,DropItemMaxNum=3000,DropItemMaxNum_UNKO=100,BaseCampMaxNum=128,BaseCampWorkerMaxNum=15,DropItemAliveMaxHours=1.000000,bAutoResetGuildNoOnlinePlayers=False,AutoResetGuildTimeNoOnlinePlayers=72.000000,GuildPlayerMaxNum=20,PalEggDefaultHatchingTime=0.000000,WorkSpeedRate=1.000000,bIsMultiplay=False,bIsPvP=False,bCanPickupOtherGuildDeathPenaltyDrop=False,bEnableNonLoginPenalty=True,bEnableFastTravel=True,bIsStartLocationSelectByMap=True,bExistPlayerAfterLogout=False,bEnableDefenseOtherGuildPlayer=False,CoopPlayerMaxNum=4,ServerPlayerMaxNum=32,ServerName="Myserver",ServerDescription="How has Nintendo not sued yet?",AdminPassword="adminpassword",ServerPassword="password",PublicPort=8211,PublicIP="xxx.xx.xx.xxx",RCONEnabled=False,RCONPort=25575,Region="",bUseAuth=True,BanListURL="https://api.palworldgame.com/api/banlist.txt")

Did you do this while the container was shutdown? Changes won't take id the container is running.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

Did you do this while the container was shutdown? Changes won't take id the container is running.

Good to know I'm ACTUALLY braindead. I was like theres no way.. 
But sure enough I always edited it while it was up\live and then restarted. 

Easy enough fix, Appreciate you taking the time to reply lol.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, tommoore3290 said:

Good to know I'm ACTUALLY braindead. I was like theres no way.. 
But sure enough I always edited it while it was up\live and then restarted. 

Easy enough fix, Appreciate you taking the time to reply lol.

No Prob. I handle the majority of the 7 Days to Die support.

Edited by Spectral Force
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Did you forward the ports in your router/firewall, otherwise nobody is able to join.

Please also keep in mind that a public IP without CG-NAT is required for that to work.

Just an update, I have configured port forwarding for both Valheim and Project Zomboid. I am using fixed IPs for both containers. 

As of now, I have gotten Project Zomboid to work and I am able to ping the IP on my PC. For Valheim I am unable to do this and am still getting this error: 

Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory