[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

14 minutes ago, ulf1987 said:

The docker works in a VLAN

Sorry, I can't give help there since I'm not experienced enough with VLANs.

Have you yet tried to set it up in the default bridge and see if it works there?

I assume you have an IPv6? If yes, try to disable it because maybe it tries to use IPv6 instead of IPv4 and that ultimately leads to that behavior.

Sorry but I really can't help with complicated network setups and I think this has something to do with the specific configuration for your VLAN/network bridge that you are trying to use.

my public IP is also recognized

This is maybe because I only resolve the IPv4 from icanhazip.com

my Windows PC can start a dedicated server in the same VLAN without any problems

Please don't expect that Windows is the same as Linux in terms of networking. Maybe Docker is here also the issue, I really can't tell because I don't have IPv6 over here.

tried just about everything i can think of to get palworld server to work. can connect just fine locally but no chance over the internet (just says connection timed out). all ports are forwarded same as other game servers i've set up. only thing i've changed to the docker config is the rcon port (25575 is used by minecraft) and the folders for steamcmd and server files (to an ssd i have mounted using unassigned devices at /mnt/disks/.) 

port 8211 is port forwarded UDP in my pfsense router. google fiber doesn't block ports. i do have a domain setup but testing using public ip just to rule that out with no change. domain also pings to my public ip anyways.

anyone have any ideas here?image.thumb.png.efc1c98c571ce32dd8aa4cd9f804354a.png

image.thumb.png.8a3f7bb483d50741d89ad6b4a1dee1d1.png

image.thumb.png.84af88887b1c805397f6ac11842ffb46.png

Edited by IMI4tth3w
add pictures
1 hour ago, IMI4tth3w said:

tried just about everything i can think of to get palworld server to work. can connect just fine locally but no chance over the internet (just says connection timed out). all ports are forwarded same as other game servers i've set up. only thing i've changed to the docker config is the rcon port (25575 is used by minecraft) and the folders for steamcmd and server files (to an ssd i have mounted using unassigned devices at /mnt/disks/.) 

port 8211 is port forwarded UDP in my pfsense router. google fiber doesn't block ports. i do have a domain setup but testing using public ip just to rule that out with no change. domain also pings to my public ip anyways.

anyone have any ideas here?image.thumb.png.efc1c98c571ce32dd8aa4cd9f804354a.png

image.thumb.png.8a3f7bb483d50741d89ad6b4a1dee1d1.png

image.thumb.png.84af88887b1c805397f6ac11842ffb46.png

Possibly NAT Reflection? I am not 100% sure tho and am just spitballing but it could be you don't have it enabled for Port Forwarding under Firewall->NAT (At least on OPNSense). However, If you have other stuff forwarded with no issues then I am very wrong. Good luck!

1 hour ago, ulf1987 said:

I only use iPv4, both internally and externally. I have attached a screenshot of my unraid network configuration. I've already tried all of the network types.

What network gear are you using? If you are using Unifi check if it doesn't block anything since it is known to me to be real restrictive at times.

Otherwise I really can't help, but it seems that something is blocking the communication with Steam Pipe from the Docker container.

1 hour ago, IMI4tth3w said:

can connect just fine locally but no chance over the internet (just says connection timed out).

Just what I was going to say:

23 minutes ago, noraa said:

Possibly NAT Reflection?

Also known as Hair Pin NAT, over here it is working just fine but you have to configure it properly, but I have to say I don't know how to do it on pfSense since I moved away from it in favour to OPNsense. ;)

Have you yet tried to connect to your server from outside your local network? Usually this should work when your NAT Reflection isn't set up or working properly.

@ich777 anyway around pushing the palworld docker container to use all cores and threads simultaneously instead of only 4 ?

I got all these threads only for palworld later I got surprised that people say that it only uses 4

image.png.3a8183432322e94a071c4c3149292039.png

here is my weird statistics:
image.png.3fb2e98c6e328cf278d429a2961bb65d.png

Edited by Kesra
47 minutes ago, Kesra said:

@ich777 anyway around pushing the palworld docker container to use all cores and threads simultaneously instead of only 4 ?

It doesn't make sense according to the developers:

grafik.thumb.png.826b69d5e5ea5e2bdb1334960f234405.png

Every game server (at least that I know) prefers per core clock speed instead of thread count.

54 minutes ago, Kesra said:

here is my weird statistics:

What is weird about that? Your server struggles to keep up, I would recommend that you disable SMT or Hyper threading, do a little overclocking and see what 4 cores perform the best and assign that to the container.

I am having a very stressful day trying to figure out the issue here, my server keeps crashing like 10 times a day maybe even more, with those With those paths in an unraid server very weird and I cant just fine the issue..

server didn't crash down all the palboxes that belonged to people just disappeared

here what GPT4 answered after analyzing the crashlog:

The crash is caused by a "Segmentation fault" (signal 11). This typically occurs when a program tries to access memory that it's not allowed to, which could be due to a bug like a null pointer dereference, buffer overflow, or incorrect memory handling. The call stack in the crash report can help identify the specific code causing the issue.

CrashContext.runtime-xml

Edited by Kesra
23 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Dose actually read somebody these days please read the description from the container and also this post:

i am so soory i read the description but forgot about the restart part and couldn't delete my post fast enough due to internet issues on the go and reread the description and saw that information.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Kesra said:

I am having a very stressful day trying to figure out the issue here, my server keeps crashing like 10 times a day maybe even more, with those With those paths in an unraid server very weird and I cant just fine the issue..

Have you yet tried to ask on the official Discord?

<ErrorMessage>Caught signal 11 Segmentation fault</ErrorMessage>

Are you sure that your RAM is working properly so to speak maybe bad RAM?

Can you please post your Diagnostics from Unraid?

3 minutes ago, Kesra said:

I see nothing obvious in your Diagnostics sorry.

But it seems that Palworld tries to access memory that it's not allowed to access but as said, that could be maybe also caused by bad RAM.

I also have 128GB installed but don't have had any issues so far on my system but I have to say that I only have nine concurrent players on the dedicated server.

Maybe someone in the official Discord can help here but if there also nobody knows my guess is bad RAM or something like that.

New RAM can also be defective.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

But it seems that Palworld tries to access memory that it's not allowed to access but as said, that could be maybe also caused by bad RAM.

do you think the windows paths found in the crashlog means anything ?

15 minutes ago, Mr. T said:

I have 16gb DDR4 ram and it was plenty up until now (I ordered another 16gb).

Even 32GB is too less RAM for Palworld.

15 minutes ago, Mr. T said:

Anybody else?

Yes, multiple people with less than 64GB of RAM reported that that they got OOM (Ot Of Memory) errors.

You can limit the amount of RAM that the container can consume but if the container runs into that limit it will ultimately crash and restart (because I use --restart=unless-stopped for my container) but keep in mind that this can cause corruption from the savegame.

My container currently consumes with three people on it about 20GB:

grafik.png.91b6f6b2967d067fa0293b3829f87cbe.png

...but I've seen higher values, near to 30GB too (mine is currently limited to 50GB as you can see in the screenshot).

RCON doesn't seem to want to work on the PalWorld docker. RCON is enabled in the PalWorldSettings.ini, and I'm using the rcon plugin with -H IP -p 25575 -P AdminPassword.

Am I missing something? Nothing else is using the port.

EDIT: Looks like the rcon plugin and another docker, RCON WEB Admin do not work with the PalWorld RCON setup. I found a third party app that allows for connectivity. RCON itself is working.

Edited by OrneryTaurus
13 minutes ago, OrneryTaurus said:

RCON doesn't seem to want to work on the PalWorld docker. RCON is enabled in the PalWorldSettings.ini, and I'm using the rcon plugin with -H IP -p 25575 -P AdminPassword.

Am I missing something? Nothing else is using the port.

Do you have the RCON plugin?

12 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

Do you have the RCON plugin?

Yep, tried using ich777's RCON Plugin and it won't connect. Also tried RCON-WebAdmin docker container and that wouldn't connect either. Found ARRCON and that allows for connectivity.

Edit: Found the same symptoms and potential workaround here:

Edited by OrneryTaurus

Is there a way to have the server listen to the config file (PalWorldSetting.ini) or is there another file to edit to change settings? I see RCON is an option, but I can't seem to get it to recognize my server and its a bit over my head, a simple config file edit would be much easier.

I guess to make it clearer what my issue is. I edit the config file that the description says to change, but none of the changes are reflected within the server. I restart it, the changes save, they just never actually reflect the server settings.

Edited by Vulkandr
2 hours ago, Vulkandr said:

Is there a way to have the server listen to the config file (PalWorldSetting.ini) or is there another file to edit to change settings?

Which file did you edit (location)?

2 hours ago, Vulkandr said:

I see RCON is an option, but I can't seem to get it to recognize my server and its a bit over my head

How do you try to connect?

Here are examples:

If you are running the container in br0 mode this won't work OOB if Host Access is not enabled in the Docker settings.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Which file did you edit (location)?

appdata/palworld/Pal/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/PalWorldSettings.ini

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

How do you try to connect?

The plugin terminal version you made is a bit over my head. trying to use the the web page version from itzg i just fill out the proper fields with the rcon port and such, but it never shows online. I noticed in the ini, rcon is disabled by default, so because I cant get the settings to stick, that might be preventing rcon access. Realistically I would just prefer changing the ini, it does all I need.