[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

58 minutes ago, ich777 said:

My question would be, why would you even like to change the port to something different? <- You know that this is the hard way of doing it.

I don't understand your issues here completely I think because your port forwarding situation seems pretty complex, do they need to be so complex?

I have the internal port for the container set to 7777 and another port for 27015. For the host port can it be different or does it have to be the same. The only reason for changing the port number is just it is more privacy on my side and not as easy to find out what port the server is running on and ect. As far as do I have to, no I don't. But just want to know if I would point the router to the host port is all. My misunderstanding was which port in the container I point the router port forwarding towards. I now know that the fixed port internal to the container is the one that the host port points to. Sorry to be a pain lol.

55 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

as far as remote access you can get the mycoonnect plugin & have access througb the unraid site. 

I have another question, if I am running an Ark server is thisbonly visible on PC or is it able to show up on ps5 also? Or would there need to be different ports for that?

Just now, BoogieMan36 said:

I have another question, if I am running an Ark server is thisbonly visible on PC or is it able to show up on ps5 also? Or would there need to be different ports for that?

I think you should Google if ARK is able to use crossplay between PC and PS5, please remember this is the support thread for the container not for the game itself.

8 minutes ago, Megahomer said:

Are there any Backups, that I can get back to??

If you've enabled the backup function yes.

You'll find them in the main directory in the subfolder Backups.

8 minutes ago, Megahomer said:

All our progress is gone and it seems like if you restart the server, it will always start a new world.

Are you sure that the path in the container template is set correctly? Please check if the mover maybe didn't move it to the Array and the path in the template is set to /mnt/cache/...

4 hours ago, axsdenied said:

For your Palworld Container, do you have the server launching with the multi-threaded CPU arguments?

Have you yet clicked on the template and gone through the variables?

I assume you are using Unraid…

If you are not usong Unraid go through the run example on GitHub.

My containers are highly customizable and it‘s up to you with what you start the server but if you would have looked into it you would have seen it. ;)

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet clicked on the template and gone through the variables?

I assume you are using Unraid…

If you are not usong Unraid go through the run example on GitHub.

My containers are highly customizable and it‘s up to you with what you start the server but if you would have looked into it you would have seen it. ;)

I actually did go through the template when I first used it, but didn't recheck after I learned about those arguments.  And yes, using Unraid and simply didn't think to go back and recheck. Figured easier to ask here.  Now I know better.

1 minute ago, axsdenied said:

And yes, using Unraid and simply didn't think to go back and recheck. Figured easier to ask here.  Now I know better.

You can ask here but I usually put everything into the descriptions from the variables and I‘m sorry to say that but I’m tired of Palworld now.

This is such an unoptimized game.

I saw RAM usage of about nearly 40GB on my server with 9 concurrent players. 😂

…and there is nothing I can do about that…

11 minutes ago, Neldonado said:

With DayZ 1.24 officially supporting Linux , will we see official standalone game server support on unraid now?

I don't understand, it's already there:

grafik.png.14876409a941641f9242225f6e27c811.png

This is the official server, of course the experimental one with App ID: 1042420, because I don't see the other DayZ server already supporting Linux App ID: 223350

grafik.png.aa520c9600b17ada690012144b726080.png

But if you want to you can simply change the App ID in the template, this should do the trick if it is already released.

I won't make a new dedicated server because I simply can't take any game server requests with almost 200 apps on the CA App, but you can let me know if it is working by changing the App ID.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is the official server, of course the experimental one with App ID: 1042420, because I don't see the other DayZ server already supporting Linux App ID: 223350

But if you want to you can simply change the App ID in the template, this should do the trick if it is already released.

I won't make a new dedicated server because I simply can't take any game server requests with almost 200 apps on the CA App, but you can let me know if it is working by changing the App ID.

I’ll have to give this a shot. This is what I was referring to:

image.thumb.png.9ebbcc5fcd568bc159a05891b43261bb.png

On 2/19/2024 at 8:31 PM, ich777 said:

If you've enabled the backup function yes.

You'll find them in the main directory in the subfolder Backups.

Are you sure that the path in the container template is set correctly? Please check if the mover maybe didn't move it to the Array and the path in the template is set to /mnt/cache/...

I think it's all gone.... Damn thats hard. Where can i activate the Backup function, so it won't happen again? I also changed the Server File Path to /mnt/user/appdata/palworld/, is that what you meant?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

So switching the app ID didn’t do it, but it looks like there’s official progress being made here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Hosting_a_Linux_Server

On 1/24/2024 at 12:08 AM, ich777 said:

I think you are referring to CS2 correct? CS:GO was replaced with CS2.

The answer to your question is, no.

Please note that you have to only put in Steam credentials in the container template if they are not hidden away under the "Show more..." section and marked with the red asterisk.

I'm talking about any game at all but I'm trying to get a pal world server running.

I am trying to get a Project Zomboid server up and running and I cannot get the port to appear available when checking via canyouseeme.org nor can I connect to the server. I've successfully set up port forward before for various ports so I know my router's port forwarding is working. I've installed the container with the default settings and forwarded the ports but its not working. I'm suspecting there is some firewall preventing access from within the container. Any ideas what I'm missing here?

Container:

image.png.59ee637e1bb30bd956f59820da64a01d.png

Firewall port forwarding rules:

image.png.9b271f09e813418a57b2c99551725d99.png

Logs showing ports:

image.thumb.png.822290712c233b0ef0627f8eb8352bc8.png

7 hours ago, Megahomer said:

I think it's all gone.... Damn thats hard. Where can i activate the Backup function, so it won't happen again? I also changed the Server File Path to /mnt/user/appdata/palworld/, is that what you meant?

I think the best way to fix that all is to start over...

Delete the container, delete the palworld directory in your appdata folder and pull a fresh copy from the CA App, there you will see the backup option.

I assume you have a really old template that you didn't see the Backup variables in there.

7 hours ago, Neldonado said:

So switching the app ID didn’t do it

I don't understand, did you try this on an already installed container? If yes, that won't work.

7 hours ago, Neldonado said:

but it looks like there’s official progress being made here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Hosting_a_Linux_Server

According to that guide it is only a matter of changing the App ID:

Stable branch:

~/servers/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh +force_install_dir ~/servers/dayz-server/ +login your_login +app_update 223350 +quit

Experimental branch:

~/servers/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh +force_install_dir ~/servers/dayz-server/ +login your_login +app_update 1042420 +quit

...and that's exactly what my container does.

EDIT: I just tried it out of curiosity. However it seems now that you have to log in for whatever reason to get the stable branch version which is really a dumb move in my opinion:

grafik.thumb.png.0cdd08f2b6cb4f8faefc3e2784fd599f.png

However I would recommend that you create a second Steam Account for that purposes (this is also the recommended way from Steam) buy a really cheap game in that account, disable Steam Guard entirely and use a very strong password for that account.

After you did that you can then use that second account for the container.

As you can see above it is running fine. :)

EDIT2: Anyways, I don't know if I'll change the template, maybe I deprecate the container since this is rather complicated with a dedicated account and I would encourage no one to use his primary steam account without steam guard.

3 hours ago, jdiacobbo said:

I cannot get the port to appear available when checking via canyouseeme.org nor can I connect to the server.

Please read that post, starting from the second paragraph where I explain that a bit more:

A game server won't answer to such sites and therefore the site lists that the port is closed.

What is not working exactly? From your screenshot I see that the server is running and waiting for connections.

3 hours ago, Knightwing19 said:

I'm talking about any game at all but I'm trying to get a pal world server running.

That always depends, usually game servers don't need to be owned and the container downloads them using the anonymous account to download it from Steam Pipe.

I would recommend starting over.

Delete the container, delete the palworld folder that lives in your appdata directory, pull a fresh copy from the CA App, change nothing in the template and click Apply.

You usually don't have to do anything unless the template or the description from the template says something else or to add a parameter but for Palworld you can simply deploy the container and you are good to go.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please read that post, starting from the second paragraph where I explain that a bit more:

A game server won't answer to such sites and therefore the site lists that the port is closed.

What is not working exactly? From your screenshot I see that the server is running and waiting for connections.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate your assistance in getting this working. Your post makes total sense. I was attempting to troubleshoot my server not appearing in the server browser by using the port checking site but it makes sense that wouldn't work in this instance. I eventually got it sorted. I was trying to copy over a locally hosted game to the sever container to run it there instead and that was the issue. I ended up renaming all the files to the default name

servertest

and that got it working.

Can you confirm that you need to either use the files created by the container or have your files use the same names (i.e. servertest.ini)?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, jdiacobbo said:

Can you confirm that you need to either use the files created by the container or have your files use the same names (i.e. servertest.ini)?

I can‘t remember quiet exactly since I created the container a long time ago but I think the config consists of two files one is the options.ini where you actually specify how the save file is named and then the servertest.ini with the specific configuration for the server.

So to speak I think you could change the name for the save in options.ini

Other than that the container should work OOB eith the files it creates.

Anyways I‘m glad that it is now all working.

• Like 1