[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure you've followed that tutorial and the mods are compatible with Linux?

As @Spectral Force pointed out, I only provide basic functionality for the container and modding is always up to the user.

okay so from what i see it should support it I just need to direct it to the workshop. on windows is will do a image.png.7314ebec60ad46ad01d2b548ea3b3618.png or this if its not in a normal spot image.thumb.png.b9940eb697c4cdf058bb1c9edf3cfa49.png

if i can find out how to point it to the mods it will work

image.thumb.png.78d9e99d10e1cf1ebd95d404b981308b.png

the workshop mods are sitting in the steamCMD but i can put them anywhere as long as i now were to put the path

Hello Ichi777, thank you for making the Palworld Docker that I currently use! Its been a lot of fun! Sorry to ask dumb questions but here goes:

Is there a way with the Palworld Docker, to allow it to backup to an external source instead of to the primary drive the server is on?

(Server runs on an NVMe, wanted to backup every 5-10min for specific reasons), and would rather have backups written directly to another drive instead of writing to the NVMe then having them move to the secondary drive.

Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please see this post here:

Hope that helps. ;)

You are a lifesaver and a saint. I appreciate it! This is just basically me trying to "Anti-Dummy" proof my server because of someone on the server that had destroyed everything they did on accident...people had been playing on the server for the 2hrs, and I wasn't rolling back the server 2hrs to fix the mistake of someone. Server backed up at 6:00 P.M., the mistake happened at 7:56 P.M....so no way people would of been happy with 2hrs of their work being rolled back. I might get people to agree to rollback 5min-10min, and others might be willing to let a rollback through a vote to restore someone's mistake. So this was the reason for doing this. This saves a lot of headache and will be better in case something bad happens in the future.

I'll search function about modding on Palworld through the Docker but not sure if it is supported yet, since I do not see it anywhere on the Palworld Discord.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ich777 said:

You have to use the path inside the container, so to speak /serverdata/serverfiles/steamapps/workshop...

thank you so much this worked now we have mod support only thing now is to find a way to add auto download but this is great 

image.thumb.png.0d760c186746d43994caec2f623eb21d.png you will see all 80 mods loaded 

image.thumb.png.820985c12f3cd05fdc9b4dc797acb004.png

im posting this also to have a reference for anyone else how needs it 

{workshopid = "1695671502", path = " /serverdata/serverfiles/steamapps/workshop/content/445220/1695671502"},

• Like 1

Hello,  I am newer to Unraid but have things working well.  I really appreciate all the hard work that went into these game docker containers.  I was able to get my Ark Survival Ascended server working with no issues.  However I having an issue with the Ark Survival Evolved docker.  I believe I have everything configured correctly but the server never fully loads but is visible and you can join it but never successfully.  The proper ports are open.

I see this in the log and wonder if this is part of the issue:

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

I had a friend who installed this on his Unraid server last fall and it worked for him then.  When he tried again recently  he was having the same issue I am having.

Any insight or help would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, mpoffo said:

I believe I have everything configured correctly but the server never fully loads but is visible and you can join it but never successfully. 

How do you know that?

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

You should really include the full log output but anyways, if you read that message it only tells you that Steam is not running which is always the default for a game server and nothing to worry about.

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

This message indicates that the server is running correctly and waiting for connections.

When he tried again recently  he was having the same issue I am having.

What issue?

Any insight or help would be appreciated.

Are you sure you've set up the ports correctly with the correct protocol and especially set the correct checkboxes in the game server browser? Please always remember, by default the dedicated server is password protected so that you have the checkbox.

It would be also helpful to know if you changed anything in the template and that you include a screenshot from your template.

So I figured out my issue.  I had a space in the server/docker name.  I didn't catch that before but now it loads.

I had changed the server ports to 7780 and 7781 but it did not seem to like that either.  Default ports of 7777 and 7778 worked ok.  All are forwarded in my router.  How can I change the ports to not conflict with the default ASA ports? 

I see the message to delete and add it back in but I guess there is something I am missing. 
"UDP Gameport (if you need another port, please delete this entry and create a new UDP Port with the required port number, also don't forget to click an 'Show more settings ...' and change the port number"

Do I add an UDP entry for port 7780 if that is what I want to use from the add another path, port option on the bottom?  I cannot simply change the value.  Do I change the docker port?

Sorry just learning the stuff so I appreciate your patience and tolerance of these questions.

Thanks again for the reply and the great dockers!

Edited by mpoffo
8 hours ago, mpoffo said:

Sorry just learning the stuff so I appreciate your patience and tolerance of these questions.

See the first recommended on top of this thread for Valheim, it's almost the same except that you don't change the port in the template instead you have to change it in the config files (you could do it also in the template but it's maybe a bit more complicated).

So to speak if you want to change the ports you have to change the game port in the config from 7777 to 7780 and then create a port mapping for ports 7780 and 7781 (where the host and container needs to be the same) in the template. After you've done that you have to do the same for the beacon port 27015. Also make sure to use the correct protocol (basically the protocol it was before - I think for ARK it's UDP).

For game servers you can't change the game port like for web servers since they use most of the times their own proprietary protocol.

You an also look at the second recommended post on top of this thread from @Cyd who describes how to set up a cluster, in this case the cluster is not from relevance for you but he describes there also how to change the ports (IIRC he does this in the template directly).

On 2/14/2024 at 2:44 AM, i ii said:

Many thanks, the issue has been resolved!

Would you mind me to ask that, is there any thoughts on the Scum container release?

@i ii AFAIK they have not released the files yet and don't plan to until 1.0 drops. I will definitely take a crack at it once they become available since this is on my personal list to spin up and play with my friends. 

• Like 1

Hello im having trouble hosting a gmod server, everytime i start it gives me this error

"Add "-debug" to the /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Tue Mar  5 03:27:22 PM PST 2024: Server restart in 10 seconds
tcmalloc: large alloc 4294443008 bytes == (nil) @ 
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 4000
Segmentation fault"

1 hour ago, Zamki said:

Hello im having trouble hosting a gmod server, everytime i start it gives me this error

"Add "-debug" to the /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Tue Mar  5 03:27:22 PM PST 2024: Server restart in 10 seconds
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 4000
Segmentation fault"

And did you add -debug to the run command and generate the debug.log?

Howdy back again with more questions unforteunatly.

I have a steam server running left4dead2 on the default port mappings. And everything is great, people are able to join and have a good time.

Now I am attempting to set up a Wreckfest server and I had to change the default ports because l4d2 already uses 27015. So i changed the default ports to 27016 and 27017. The wreckfest server is visable Lan side but not on the Internet side. Plus I cant join even on the lan side. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-03-05 193107.png

Screenshot 2024-03-05 1932514.png

Screenshot 2024-03-05 193823.png

Screenshot 2024-03-05 1941126.png

Screenshot 2024-03-05 1946127.png

6 hours ago, Zamki said:

To what are the paths set in your template?

Gmod is one server that needs the real file path to your game files so to speak /mnt/cache/... or /mnt/disk2/... and not the FUSE file path /mnt/cache/...

If you however use /mnt/user/... it will segfault indefinitely.

4 hours ago, Mrtj18 said:

So i changed the default ports to 27016 and 27017. The wreckfest server is visable Lan side but not on the Internet side. Plus I cant join even on the lan side. Any help would be appreciated.

I know that issue but I haven't figured out why this is the case for Wreckfest since it seems that even if you change the ports and forward them correctly in the template that Wreckfest won't accept the change and somehow you won't be able to connect, to circumvent that I change the ports from other game servers to be able to run Wreckfest, I also have to say that they changed quite a lot since I've created the server and it is now maybe possible to change the ports.

IIRC Wreckfest is one game that needs to be reachable from the outside world so that you can join even if you want to join a LAN game (but I'm not 100% sure anymore about that).

If you want to I can try it when I got home from work because I have still installed the dedicated server but only start it if I play with some friends on it.

EDIT: If you want that the game honors the server_config you have to enter that IIRC at GAME_PARAMS:

-s server_config=server_config.cfg

(but I haven't used a server_config.cfg in a long time and don't quiet remember exactly)

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

To what are the paths set in your template?

Gmod is one server that needs the real file path to your game files so to speak /mnt/cache/... or /mnt/disk2/... and not the FUSE file path /mnt/cache/...

If you however use /mnt/user/... it will segfault indefinitely.

image.png.dbb9581f7ac53fe9e26ac67eda6db9e3.png

Should i change the upper one ?

Edited by Zamki
10 minutes ago, Zamki said:

Should i change the upper one ?

No, the lower one, are you sure that everything is located on disk1?

Have you changed anything else in the container template?

On what hardware do you try to run the container?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

No, the lower one, are you sure that everything is located on disk1?

Have you changed anything else in the container template?

On what hardware do you try to run the container?

image.thumb.png.9a1f27eb8d501aead188ffc24ceef879.png

18 hours ago, ich777 said:

I know that issue but I haven't figured out why this is the case for Wreckfest since it seems that even if you change the ports and forward them correctly in the template that Wreckfest won't accept the change and somehow you won't be able to connect, to circumvent that I change the ports from other game servers to be able to run Wreckfest, I also have to say that they changed quite a lot since I've created the server and it is now maybe possible to change the ports.

IIRC Wreckfest is one game that needs to be reachable from the outside world so that you can join even if you want to join a LAN game (but I'm not 100% sure anymore about that).

If you want to I can try it when I got home from work because I have still installed the dedicated server but only start it if I play with some friends on it.

EDIT: If you want that the game honors the server_config you have to enter that IIRC at GAME_PARAMS:

-s server_config=server_config.cfg

(but I haven't used a server_config.cfg in a long time and don't quiet remember exactly)

I tried the suggestion and i could not get two seperate games that use steam's 27015 port to work. The only time either game would work, is if i left the default ports alone. Or run one game server L4d2 or Wreckfest at a time, not both. If you could manage to get two steam dockers that intaially use 27015 port to work please let me know!

I also tried running a cs2 container and could not get that to work either. Just incase wreckfest was being picky and it was a no go.

Thanks for all your help!

Edited by Mrtj18
3 hours ago, Mrtj18 said:

I tried the suggestion and i could not get two seperate games that use steam's 27015 port to work. The only time either game would work, is if i left the default ports alone. Or run one game server L4d2 or Wreckfest at a time, not both. If you could manage to get two steam dockers that intaially use 27015 port to work please let me know!

I also tried running a cs2 container and could not get that to work either. Just incase wreckfest was being picky and it was a no go.

Thanks for all your help!

Have you tried using 27016 or 27017 and so on for additional servers? you can't have multiple servers using the same query port. Also not you need to delete the entry in the template and re add the port with the new number. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Mrtj18 said:

I tried the suggestion and i could not get two seperate games that use steam's 27015 port to work. The only time either game would work, is if i left the default ports alone.

It would be really beneficial to know what you've did and how you've set everything up? Do you have screenshots and snippets from your config?

For example on my server I have a CS:Source server on port 27030 and a CS2 server on port 27029 Wreckfest is running on the default ports 27015 and 27016 (all ports listed are UDP).