Unraid OS version 6.12.10 available

This release reverts to an earlier version of the Linux kernel to resolve two issues being reported in 6.12.9. It also includes a 'curl' security update and corner case bug fix. All users are encouraged to read the release notes and upgrade.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
  2. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
  3. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
    umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully

4. If you have Unraid 6.12.8 or Unraid Connect installed:
    1. Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update. More details in this blog post
  5. If you are on an earlier version:
    1. Go to Tools -> Update OS and switch to the "Stable" branch if needed. If the update doesn't show, click "Check for Updates"
  6. Wait for the update to download and install
  7. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
  8. Reboot

This thread is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Three servers updated to 6.12.10.  No issues observed so far but I had none of the reported issues with 6.12.9.

same as well, was smooth before and after. figured might as well take the low risk gamble :)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, محمد أشرف said:

how about kernel update? And when will it support Intel Arc GPU?

Devs have said that 6.13 public testing should be ready to start soon (likely within another week or two unless a major bug is found), that will be the first version to bump to the newer kernel with inbuilt ARC support.

Likely be in testing for quite a while as it is going to be a big kernel version jump, and this little patch update shows us that kernel upgrades can have all sorts of weird minor edge cases across the mess of mixed hardware people use.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Zonediver said:

Is this update important?

Probably only if you have one of the following issues:

• Resolve issues mounting remote SMB shares via the Unassigned Devices plugin.
  • Resolve issues with certain Asmedia controllers not seeing all the attached devices.
  • nfs: (revert) NFSv4 mounts by default
  • zfs: Detect if insufficient pools slots are defined for an imported pool with a missing device.
  • Fix translations issue with SystemDrivers

I had no issues with 6.12.9 either but there was some reason they rolled back to a prior kernel version.  I updated just in case other issues were found with the kernel in 6.12.9.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Faceman said:

Devs have said that 6.13 public testing should be ready to start soon (likely within another week or two unless a major bug is found), that will be the first version to bump to the newer kernel with inbuilt ARC support.

Likely be in testing for quite a while as it is going to be a big kernel version jump, and this little patch update shows us that kernel upgrades can have all sorts of weird minor edge cases across the mess of mixed hardware people use.

Thanks a lot Faceman for the info and I hope we all can use big kernel version jump advantage and thanks a lot to dev for the efford. Appreciate it..

5 hours ago, Faceman said:

the latest Unraid cast video said 6.13 beta was already sent to beta testers?

I didn't have any issues with new kernel..

Thanks for a quick fix though for those that need it.

Perhaps there is room for a LTS vs Rolling strategy here?

We kind of do it anyway but make it more obvious by just tagging LTS & rolling on update notes.

So any kernel change is rolling with the previous being a LTS.

Of course it's all dependent on the enduser understanding the difference & acting on them.

Edited by dopeytree

Update went smooth. Booted right up. Systems driver screen opens right up again.

Still have my docker container show update available after updating situation, but that issue is posted in the docker engine thread.

1 hour ago, theone said:

I have version 6.12.9 update pending restart. Do I have to install it to see the 6.12.10 update?

Yes the update process isn't really setup for people to run in "pending restart" mode for an extended period. TBH this could confuse plugins and other things that aren't prepared for this as well, I would not recommend updating the OS until you are ready to restart.

6.12.9 does have an issue with certain Asmedia controllers, if you are at all concerned about that you can go to Settings -> Disk Settings and disable array autostart. Then when it boots into 6.12.9 there will be no problems and you can just run the update to 6.12.10 and reboot into that.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, JorgeB said:

ASM1064 and ASM1166 SATA controllers, and only if they have SATA port multipliers, you should create a thread in the new general support and post the diagnostics.

Well, I have an ASM1064 controller from UNRAID for 3 years and it has never caused a problem, and now it is still on 6.12.9 and I am too lazy to update to 6.12.10 because it is a device that is sharing torrents on a private tracker and at least have to restart the server is better

oIAU4vc.png 

🤷‍♂️

57 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

Well, I have an ASM1064 controller

That's fine, we just don't recommend them when they have a SATA port multiplier, e.g., an Asmedia 1064 based controller with more than 4 ports or an Asmedia 1166 based controller with more than 6 ports.

• Like 1