Unraid OS version 6.12.13 available

This is a quick release that updates the Linux kernel to correct a regression where some HDD devices could not be spun-down.

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic under General Support. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. Read the release notes.

2. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
  3. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
  4. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
    umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully

5. If you have a recent release or Unraid Connect installed
    1. Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update. More details in this blog post
  6. If you are on an earlier version
    1. Go to Tools -> Update OS and switch to the "Stable" branch if needed. If the update doesn't show, click "Check for Updates"
  7. Wait for the update to download and install
  8. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
  9. Reboot

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic under General Support. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

In neither the 6.12.12 or 6.12.13 release notes is there any mention (except the start/stop array issue) of the NFS issues that various folks were experiencing in 6.12.11 - not noted as an issue, or a workaround, or whether addressed in the update.

If they haven't been addressed, the least I'd have expected is a note that there may be issues with NFS. Though I thought I saw a partial workaround in one of the threads too.

I'm referring to these threads:

Edited by warpspeed

Successfully upgraded my "virtual" testing unRAID instance from 6.12.12 -> 6.12.13 and my "Media Server" instance from 6.12.11 -> 6.12.13 .

Happy to report 'disk spin down' now working on both unRAID Servers.

• Like 1

When I updated from version 6.12.11 to version 6.12.13, my graphics driver was lost and any applications based on the graphics card stopped working automatically, such as jellyfin, plex, ollama.The plugin gpu statics also cannot select the GPU.I use a Tesla P4 GPU

I have 3 servers, 2 servers had no issues going from 6.12.11 to 6.12.13 - 

But the one server had 2 issues that I ran into 1) I have 3 NIC's but only a 2.5 Intel being used, but for some reason after restarting I had to reboot again ( didn't do anything else) then the 2nd time I rebooted, it came up with the correct NIC.

2) Still not sure what the problem is but my Binhex qbittorent VPN seems like it's working correctly but when I add any torrent, (from any Pc's) it does not load.  Still investigating what this is but this is the first time I ran into this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2024 at 8:50 AM, dopeytree said:

Had a CPU kernel error at 4am ish eventually the machine locked up with all drives spinning so had to do a forced reboot.

Anyone had similar on .13 vs .11 ?

Unlikely to be memory as did memtest when I built this system a few months ago.

Could be anything but have downgraded to be safe. 

moulin-rouge-syslog-192.168.22.2-20240829-0747.zip 955.67 kB · 1 download

Rock solid since rolling back to 6.12.11

Edited by dopeytree