[OUTDATED] Extended Docker configuration page

I tried to install it through the Extension menu. Where should I put the .plg?

To install the gfjardim Extended Docker Configuration plugin, go to the Extensions tab on the unRaid webgui.

Copy and paste the following in the install extensions box:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gfjardim/dockers/dockerMan/dockerMan/dockerMan.plg

Thanks a lot!

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE 2014.08.04:

- Fix: dropbox template.

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/gfjardim/dropbox/

Old users: please change /config to /home/.dropbox and /dropbox to /home/Dropbox

Thanks gf,  Dropbox is working for me now after three previous tries.    It wasn't obvious to me where the registration link was in the 'log';  for other newbies it's in the link in the 'Status column'.

also, gfjardim, could you reactivate your donation link?  you've earned it.

D

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I'm trying to add sabnzb using the template but it's set to port 8080, which unmenu also uses. I can add another port but I can't seem to remove 8080, am I missing something?

In the docker container making template, edit host port to the port you want to use, while container port is the one the app expects (8080).

In the docker run command, it's p 24939:8080  (e.g.)

Dennis

OK, I got sabnzb and sickbeard installed and I can't get sabnzb to accept a post processing scripts folder, the scripts are currently at /mnt/user/appdata/sabnzbd/scripts but when I enter that and save it's blank next time I open the page. anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I've also tried /scripts but thats not working either

Edit, Got it wokring! I had to go into the config page for the sabnzbd container and add the path to the scripts folder.

has anyone had any trouble with dropbox? i linked it to my account and its working but anytime I add a file cpu usage spikes and this is in the log.

Another instance of Dropbox (1470) is running!

pretty  much 90% usage

Capture1.PNG

Yep same here - no luck in finding the fault either - tried another from the Docker Browse section and it didn't have that problem but just wouldnt sync...

Anybody having success with Dropbox??

Not sure why/how it's happened but the update column is now showing NA against all dockers. This is in v6b6. Updating the plugin/ updating the dockers still shows NA. Updated to v6b7 and still shows NA

Mine is showing the NA as well.

Mine also, but my server has been unconnected for about a month, during a move, so i figured it was just my issue.  I guess not.

Hi there. And thanks for a great plug-in.

I'm just getting started and tried to use the PlexMediaServer Template. But I don't see a way to enter the port number in the GUI. This is the result when I cllick ADD:

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="PlexMediaServer" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e VERSION="0.9.9.14.531-7eef8c6" -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/":"/data":ro -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro needo/plex

Thanks in advance,

Olle

Hi there. And thanks for a great plug-in.

I'm just getting started and tried to use the PlexMediaServer Template. But I don't see a way to enter the port number in the GUI. This is the result when I cllick ADD:

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="PlexMediaServer" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e VERSION="0.9.9.14.531-7eef8c6" -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/":"/data":ro -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro needo/plex

Thanks in advance,

Olle

I think you have to change it to Network type: Bridge to get the fields for Ports. You shouldn't need this if you are using the default 32400.

I think you have to change it to Network type: Bridge to get the fields for Ports. You shouldn't need this if you are using the default 32400.

Thanks. I read somewhere that it needs to be in host mode. Either way I tried "bridged" and the port options came up, but still not able to connect.

I'll continue to troubleshoot.

EDIT: I just removed the Container and added it again and everything is working perfect!

EDIT: When I stopped the container and started it again I got:

*** Runit started as PID 34
setuser: cannot execute /usr/sbin/start_pms: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
setuser: cannot execute /usr/sbin/start_pms: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
*** Shutting down runit daemon (PID 34)...

I'll take it in the right forum

Hi guys. I've just arrived from a business trip (15 long days) and will catch up all messages soon, ok?

This topic should be of interest.

Ah, I saw that, and there's good news: Tom will include this plugin as default in unRAID. There's still a lot of work, but it's a good scratch to work from.

[glow=red,2,300]UPDATE[/glow]

Version 2014.08.28:

- Fix updates not being detected.

Hi guys. I've just arrived from a business trip (15 long days) and will catch up all messages soon, ok?

This topic should be of interest.

Ah, I saw that, and there's good news: Tom will include this plugin as default in unRAID. There's still a lot of work, but it's a good scratch to work from.

[glow=red,2,300]UPDATE[/glow]

Version 2014.08.28:

- Fix updates not being detected.

Thank you!!!

What are templates and how are the different from dockfiles?

A Dockerfile is a script that originates images, e.g., it choose what linux distribution to use, what packages to install, what commands to run etc. A template defines variables that will be injected into the image, map paths and ports to be used. A metaphor: imagine a docker container as a pre-made, boxed cake. The Dockerfile is the ingredients, the image is the box itself and the template is the preparation instructions.

What are templates and how are the different from dockfiles?

A Dockerfile is a script that originates images, e.g., it choose what linux distribution to use, what packages to install, what commands to run etc. A template defines variables that will be injected into the image, map paths and ports to be used. A metaphor: imagine a docker container as a pre-made, boxed cake. The Dockerfile is the ingredients, the image is the box itself and the template is the preparation instructions.

Another way to look at it: Most containers need to interact with the outside world.  For example, Plex needs to know the volume(s) that contain your media and the volume where it stores its metadata (it's database).  The docker file describes how the Plex container is built.  The template file describes how the container is specifically hooked into unRaid.

Great stuff gfjardim & LT.  Great to see a community driven solution make it to the core product.  win win win