[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

Hello- I hope I haven't missed something important, but I  just updated to the next stable version of unraid, and now when I open the dockers (Plex pass and Sonarr (binhex)) I no longer have the option of opening the applications from the Docker Container.

How do I now open the app?

Sorry if I am missing some very obvious step

Rob

Anyone else have an issue with this Plex Docker?  Every now and then I need to restart this Plex docker because it goes offline while I'm watching a video to tv show.  It is now consistent, but it does have quite frequent.  After I restart the docker container, it works just fine.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I use hardware transcoding in Plex, I get horrible artifacting that appears about every 5 seconds that looks like this: 20231228_172731.thumb.jpg.337979791af7ae4e46584f8edbdd6e1c.jpg

I do not get this issue when using software transcoding, but only when hw transcoding using Intel QuickSync on my i7-8700K.

I have tested this on both h.264 and h.265 files with and without hdr and I get the same issue on both. I have also tested this on multiple devices and still get the same issue. For reference, I'm using the latest versions of Unraid and binhex-plexpass. Any help would be appreciated.

confused with regards to plex DBRepair.sh

no media library is working after an update, hoping this script will correct it

i clicked into the container's console and navigated to running the script, but it needs the container to be manually stopped before it can do anything, which then just closes the console window

i tried navigating through unraid's console to the same place, but the script won't run outside of the container

not entirely sure what it's asking for...

grateful for advice

25 minutes ago, binhex said:

ah that isn't my script :-), if you want to try my script then follow the instructions here, this will stop plex for you:- https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44142-support-binhex-plex-pass/?do=findComment&comment=1286021

thanks for that, i didn't realise that was the script itself. i ran options 1, then 2, then 3 as i thought the error message was suggesting it was necessary but even after 3 to rebuild indexes, it still says runtime error near line 1: database disk image is malformed. i have already deleted the docker container with image and reinstalled, how else do i proceed?

Screenshot 2024-01-02 11.23.52.png

4 minutes ago, gellux said:

. i have already deleted the docker container with image and reinstalled, how else do i proceed?

that depends on what you want to achieve, keep in mind both options below will result in some/all loss of metadata (not media):-

• if you want a completely clean install then stop the container and rename the /config host folder to something else then start the container, this will then create a brand new installation from scratch.
  • if you want to try to remove just the corrupt database and possibly then allow you to retain certain configuration then stop the container and then rename the file /config/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db to something like com.plexapp.plugins.library.db.old then start the container, some reconfiguration will be required.
On 12/23/2023 at 8:00 AM, APD189 said:

Anyone else have an issue with this Plex Docker?  Every now and then I need to restart this Plex docker because it goes offline while I'm watching a video to tv show.  It is now consistent, but it does have quite frequent.  After I restart the docker container, it works just fine.

Thanks

I sure am, often becomes unresponsive and requires a restart. Looked thourgh logs and cannot figure out why? Almost daily!

On 12/17/2023 at 1:26 PM, lockrob2000 said:

I found a solution in another post. It said to "force update" the container and damned if that didn't work !

sorry for wasting your time.

Try this first. Force update restored access. Stop/Start/Restart did not correct the issue/hang, and in-fact made the Unraid UI hang and be unresponsive.
Also mentioning that 'recently' my Radarr db became corrupted and I had to restore from a backup. No changes my side of the screen, but recent updates have broken both my plex, and my friends plex. 

Edited by Shenkt
On 1/2/2024 at 11:45 AM, binhex said:

that depends on what you want to achieve, keep in mind both options below will result in some/all loss of metadata (not media):-

• if you want a completely clean install then stop the container and rename the /config host folder to something else then start the container, this will then create a brand new installation from scratch.
  • if you want to try to remove just the corrupt database and possibly then allow you to retain certain configuration then stop the container and then rename the file /config/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db to something like com.plexapp.plugins.library.db.old then start the container, some reconfiguration will be required.

just to follow up, i did the latter and am currently rebuilding my libraries. thanks to PMM it speeds it up, but still. gives an opportunity for restructure too, i guess.

a shame that the statistics on tautulli have been decimated too, but oh well.

i guess it's related, but the issue i was having with Plex not being able to add items to the play queue, and therefore unable to play, seems to have stopped, so that must have been an issue with that library, which then potentially corrupted the whole database

Is there a way to update FFMPEG inside this container?

I am getting errors whenever a DVR'd program is converted to .mp4 through a script
image.thumb.png.50a32ffd7a4f1f001143a3dfb7cc7555.png

The script has been in use for a long time (years) and is only recently showing an error.  The conversion completes and the video files are seemingly unaffected...but Id like to prevent error if possible.

Any advice otherwise?

transcode_internal.sh

Edited by therapist
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Team,

Recently I've spotted "out of memory" issues a few times in my Plex container (binhex-plexpass). It appears to be related to a plex media scan, but I don't know enough to interpret much past that. Overall I have never seen the server itself short of memory, but I'm not sure if that's just because I wasn't watching it at the time - I'm not sure if there is anywhere to look to to validate.

Jan 21 06:40:11 Artemis kernel: Out of memory: Killed process 5456 (Plex Media Scan) total-vm:23361576kB, anon-rss:23032432kB, file-rss:0kB, shmem-rss:0kB, UID:99 pgtables:45256kB oom_score_adj:0

Now the Fix Common Problems has highlighted OOM also, and I'm still unclear from some googling if this is the entire server or a less than specific flag brought on by Plex.

I wonder if anyone is able to better interpret the logs (diagnostics attached) or has any other pointers. I've also been having some random transcoding issues which while I don't expect to solve at the same time, I wonder if they may have been memory related.

I do have a fairly large library so it's conceivable that that is resulting in some resource issues but I'm not sure if it's something I can address at the container layer or if the server just needs more ram overall.

TIA.

artemis-diagnostics-20240121-0335.zip

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the plexpass version.  I have lost my port mapping somehow and cannot seem to get it back so other apps like tautulli are having a problem as it cant connect to the IP its assigned in br0 custom.  Plex is accessible remotely indirectly and I've tried rebooting the container and reinstalling the container but neither worked.  I searched through this thread and someone suggested manually adding the port to the config which I tried, but still, no port mappings show up.  Anyone seen this before or able to shed some light on this for me? Its got me stumped.  Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about Host Path 2 on the template. this IS presumably where I store the Plex database files, right? I don't mean the edia itself, but all of the save files, the cuesheets where I decide to save where I'm at in a movie, which show ahs played and which hasnt... is that correct?

If this is the case, my host path is set to /mnt/user. I'm gussing this is going to the array, or is it going onto the cache drive?

Anyone having issues with the latest plexpass update? I updated this morning and now it basically nukes my server after running for a few minutes. Lose all network connectivity and and I have manually reboot. Only started happening after installing the update this morning.

And how can I downgrade to the previous version?

Edit:

If anyone else encounters this issue, go to edit the container and change the repository to "binhex/arch-plexpass:1.40.0.7775-1-01" to go back to the previous version.

Edited by SquareGravy
  • 2 weeks later...