Jump to content
linuxserver.io

unRAID DVB Edition

1254 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

i have all running here, tvheadend backend, kodi, plex and emby, all live tv assigned and working, but as daily usage i would only suggest kodi ...

 

so also interested what is good in plex about watching live tv @home, i only use plex or emby outdoor for live ;)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, saarg said:

 

What is wrong with live TV in kodi? I have used a pi with libreelec/openelec for ages and never had a single issue. 

Or better put, what does plex do better? 

The experience is not as great with Android devices, and although things have improved, I still get the occasional stutter.  With Plex, the stream takes longer to get going but then it's 100% stable.

 

The wrap around the TV is much better with Plex:

  1. Remote access for watching TV and scheduling recordings on any device and there are transcoding options for playback a la Plex
  2. guide search is excellent
  3. programme discovery is much better e.g. it highlights upcoming programmes I didn't even know were going to be broadcast
  4. I can control which recordings go in the grown-up library or the kids library
  5. recordings are integrated with my own TV shows e.g. I was 'missing' a power rangers episode for my son so I recorded it and it's merged with his other episodes
Edited by DZMM

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, where are the instructions for me to build this myself?

 

on github here https://github.com/CHBMB/Unraid-DVB/tree/master/build_scripts

 

what is the digital ocean account for?

 

from here - https://wiki.unraid.net/Installing_Tvheadend_in_unRAID

I would be better following this guide but his script is missing (404).

 

If i use that  guide i will be able to add my config file to /etc/modprobe.d/ so that i can make my TBS 6909 in the correct mode before i burn the image.

 

Please help..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, snailbrain said:

Hi, where are the instructions for me to build this myself?

 

on github here https://github.com/CHBMB/Unraid-DVB/tree/master/build_scripts

 

what is the digital ocean account for?

 

from here - https://wiki.unraid.net/Installing_Tvheadend_in_unRAID

I would be better following this guide but his script is missing (404).

 

If i use that  guide i will be able to add my config file to /etc/modprobe.d/ so that i can make my TBS 6909 in the correct mode before i burn the image.

 

Please help..

 

 

 

You will not be able to add the config file as it's not in the bzmodules file ut the bzroot file. We have tried to decompress it, but only end up with two files only. 

 

You can't use a kernel parameter in the syslinux.cfg file? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, saarg said:

 

You will not be able to add the config file as it's not in the bzmodules file ut the bzroot file. We have tried to decompress it, but only end up with two files only. 

 

You can't use a kernel parameter in the syslinux.cfg file? 

thanks for the quick reply.

If I followed the guide here https://wiki.unraid.net/Installing_Tvheadend_in_unRAID

 

before I would compress bzroot file, i can add the conf to ..../etc/modprobe.d/mxxxx.conf

(same as how he adds the digital devices conf file) - I know this DVB Unraid version intergrates this in itself (the DDcard), but if I can build the bzroot using the script on the unraid wiki then I can add support for my own card too.

 

in the guide i'd just create the file here before I compress 

/mnt/cache/.unraid/bzroot/etc/modprobe.d/mxxx.conf


The only issue is the script is missing..

 

I can probably edit/modify the CHBMB script but it will take me some time as this is not my field of expertise, and i'm also not understanding what digitalocean has to do with it :)

 

Edited by snailbrain

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, TexasDave said:

 

@Cessquill@BRiT@DZMM, thanks for your help! I will give it a shot and your advice is very helpful...

I haven't yet tried a HDHomerun personally, but a friend has.  They don't have Unraid, but since it's a separate piece of kit it wouldn't make any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/15/2018 at 12:29 PM, piotrasd said:

all - script from CHBMB build all of them ;)

update: ready

 

tbs-os https://www.sendspace.com/file/gvx5gm

tbs-crazy-dvbt https://www.sendspace.com/file/m6xj9x

libreelec https://www.sendspace.com/file/b9vizy

dd - https://www.sendspace.com/file/p1zgf0

 

i didn't tested and watch build process - so be careful ;)

Would you mind documenting the steps you took to create these?  I am not averse to doing some compiling and self-installation (as opposed to the plugin) but after reading the entire thread 4 times and the wiki I cannot get things to work.

 

EDIT:

 

In the meantime, I assume you just throw the output of each of the archives above onto the flash drive and reboot? Is this right? Also, what is the unraid-media file? I haven't seen this before?

Edited by danioj

Share this post


Link to post

hey guys.

 

did someone have enough knowledge (and maybe a bit of luck) in compiling an DVB build?

i'm using still the well running 6.6.1 libreelec one. but (newly converted to unRAID) friends of me, keep asking, why we need to use older builds than officially available (they also all use DVB equipment).

 

hopefully we get there.

Edited by s.Oliver

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, s.Oliver said:

hey guys.

 

did someone have enough knowledge (and maybe a bit of luck) in compiling an DVB build?

i'm using still the well running 6.6.1 libreelec one. but (newly converted to unRAID) friends of me, keep asking, why we need to use older builds than officially available (they also all use DVB equipment).

 

hopefully we get there.

Yeah, that's what @piotrasd did and he posted them earlier. I quoted them in my post in the links above. I'm just not sure of the install process.

 

I asked what the process was for installation of these files (eg where do each of the files within the archive go, does upgraded stock need to be installed first and can this method run alongside the Plugin - eg can I keep the plugin installed awaiting @CHBMB comeback or do I have to uninstall when using the manual method). Also, I'd like to know the process so I can compile them myself from now on without having to rely on others.

Share this post


Link to post

I tried the file for libreelec 6.6.5 from @piotrasd but for me doesn't work. DVB plugin says it detected driver and adapter. TVheadend detects tuner but doesn't work. So I roll back to 6.5.3 and desperately waiting for another... 😞

 

I think the install process is:

1.) Update to 6.6.5 and reboot

2.) Download correct file from @piotrasd unzip/overwrite files on root flash drive and reboot again.

Edited by memphisto

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, memphisto said:

I tried the file for libreelec 6.6.5 from @piotrasd but for me doesn't work. DVB plugin says it detected driver and adapter. TVheadend detects tuner but doesn't work. So I roll back to 6.5.3 and desperately waiting for another... 😞

 

I think the install process is:

1.) Update to 6.6.5 and reboot

2.) Download correct file from @piotrasd unzip/overwrite files on root flash drive and reboot again.

Thanks.

 

I tried your 2 steps with @piotrasd libreelec binaries. The system found the adapter but not the drivers. Like you, I rolled back.

Share this post


Link to post

here fixed version 6.6.5 https://www.sendspace.com/file/8x1jws (<- All in ONE)

tested - and sorry for delay but I was really busy.

 

anyone can compile - just enough download source https://github.com/linuxserver/Unraid-DVB

and execute build.sh on latest original build ... (just small info if somebody will try on 6.6.5 there was problem with kernel config)

Edited by piotrasd
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Pull down an earlier versioned CHBMB DVB Build and compare that .config to the standard unraid .config.

Share this post


Link to post

ok, i can confirm (even though the system is only up for 50 mins.), that the new 6.6.6 build (libreelec) of @piotrasd seems to work as expected. my digital devices card and the drivers got recognized/loaded and a quick test was positive/working.

 

my steps were:

1) install the official unRAID version (most easily via the Tools > Update OS feature) and reboot

2) download @piotrasd compiled file, decompress and copy these files 'bzfirmware', 'bzimage' and 'bzmodules' to the flash drive into the 'boot' directory

3) reboot once more

Edited by s.Oliver

Share this post


Link to post

sadly here its not working, dvd drivers are found but no adapter drivers ... so no adapters, no fun here ;)

 

i replaced those 3 files as described (bzfirmware, bzimage, bzmodules), bzroot is not needed i assume cause its not included.

 

reverted to 661 and all is good, was worth the try here.

 

thanks anyway for the compiling and uploading

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, alturismo said:

sadly here its not working, dvd drivers are found but no adapter drivers ... so no adapters, no fun here ;)

 

i replaced those 3 files as described (bzfirmware, bzimage, bzmodules), bzroot is not needed i assume cause its not included.

 

reverted to 661 and all is good, was worth the try here.

 

thanks anyway for the compiling and uploading

what version?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, alturismo said:

6.6.6

....of DVB Edition

Share this post


Link to post

Please accept my apologies for not being able to elaborate but i'm having the same issues as @alturismo.

 

I have also tested them all with no DVB adapter found but kernel\dvb driver looking good.

 

I have a TurboSight TBS 6981 DVB-S/S2 and have always used tbs-os.

 

I have had this issue since 6.6.1 (but i have currently gone back to 6.5.3).

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now