[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

2 hours ago, poloconway said:

What I seen so far was I change to plexpass binhex from the other binhex and I just notice that the transcode was /mnt/appdata/plexmediaserver/transcode/, so I change it to /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/transcode/, went to common fix and ran scan and still shows error.

Did you reboot after making that change?   If so you have another bad mapping.

Yes went away after rebooting thank you, The only other thing is I have a error for realtek R8125 Nic, I got the plug in from the apps store, but waiting to reboot because parity check is going and lastly, is it normal to have a an error that says ethernet port one is down check code. but I'm use nic card for network that is ethernet 0. Am I missing something here. Again thank you for your help should post 4 days ago lol

On 12/22/2023 at 12:46 PM, Mantene said:

On 12/24/2023 at 3:34 PM, Squid said:

Curious if you also have an issue with the dashboard not populating CPU usage etc correctly.  Upshot with FCP is that if you just let it sit for a couple of minutes and then reload the page it should populate everything that it found.  

FWIW, probable fix to these issues for a small minority of users are probably in the soon to be released 6.13

I am having the same issue after upgrading. Letting it sit for a couple of minutes and then reloading the page just shows the same message. After several hours the scan has not completed.

I will not be upgrading to 6.13 immediately after release. I can provide diagnostics or logs if they will help make this plugin work again on 6.12.6.

New to unraid. I had a test unraid machine setup with only a single array disk, no parity. The drive failed before I could finish building out a new case with additional disks. Now in the Fix Common Problems plugin I am getting this error "Invalid folder disk1 contained within /mnt". The failed drive was disconnected, and a new drive was put in its place (disk1 in unraid)/. Even with the new drive in the array, I still get this error.

tower-diagnostics-20240103-1255.zip

17 hours ago, loosenut76 said:

New to unraid. I had a test unraid machine setup with only a single array disk, no parity. The drive failed before I could finish building out a new case with additional disks. Now in the Fix Common Problems plugin I am getting this error "Invalid folder disk1 contained within /mnt". The failed drive was disconnected, and a new drive was put in its place (disk1 in unraid)/. Even with the new drive in the array, I still get this error.

tower-diagnostics-20240103-1255.zip 142.26 kB · 0 downloads

You probably have something explicitly mapped to disk1 causing the folder to be recreated on each boot.   You probably want to disable the docker and VM services and reboot to clear this and then make sure the disk is formatted in Unraid before re-enabling those services.

Hello, I'm new to Unraid and servers in general. I decided to build a server as a Christmas gift and have just gotten around to trying to finish setting it up. Every time that I run the server connected to ethernet, I have very large latency spikes quite frequently and have trouble connecting to a site the first attempt or getting media to stream without very long buffer times across my entire network, and only when my server is connected to ethernet. I haven't left my server on overnight before until last night and when I connected to it this morning, I was hit with the error that /Var/Log was 100% full. I am unsure what is wrong and am in desperate need of help. Besides the network issue everything else on the server runs absolutely great, making me think it might be a hardware issue with the motherboard-integrated NIC. I have the diagnostics pulled and attached but I am unsure how to interpret them myself.

tristansserver-diagnostics-20240105-0649.zip

On 12/24/2023 at 8:52 AM, smileybri said:

This happened to me also since the update. Let me know if more logs or diagnostics would help. 

Same issue here.

Resolved for me with these steps:

1 - Uninstall plugin

2 - Delete temp file (rm -rf /tmp/fix.common.problems)

3 - Reinstall plugin

4 - Scan

Edited by wndq8h21

Hi, i really love your plugin. But why one of two updates you are releasing are giving me that error ?

I've researched and it's not a real error for amd processors...

On the second previous update i was having this error... With the last one it was gone... and now it's back.

413391763_2266898110165880_4913668142257506648_n.png

Woke up this morning to a notification telling me this: 

/var/log is getting full (currently 79 % used)

This is in addition to the: Out Of Memory errors detected on your server message which seems to happen every Sunday for the past three weeks, that I posted about in General support starting on New Years eve. 

Rebooting resolves the issue the server seems to eb fine otherwise. But per the FCP I'm posting here with diags.

rhino9094-diagnostics-20240114-0605.zip

Do you have the Connect plugin installed?   It had a bug (cleared in the latest update) which did excessive logging and could cause this.    After updating the plugin you need to reboot the server to clear the log space.

If it is not that, then running

du -h /var/log

should show what is the likely culprit.

On 1/17/2024 at 2:32 AM, itimpi said:

Do you have the Connect plugin installed?   It had a bug (cleared in the latest update) which did excessive logging and could cause this.    After updating the plugin you need to reboot the server to clear the log space.

du -h /var/log

Ah yes I do have the Connect plugin installed and have not done a restart of the server since then. I will restart it and check it. Thank you.

I ran du -h /var/log just in case before restarting it too:

0       /var/log/pwfail
120M    /var/log/unraid-api
12K     /var/log/preclear
0       /var/log/swtpm/libvirt/qemu
0       /var/log/swtpm/libvirt
0       /var/log/swtpm
0       /var/log/samba/cores/rpcd_winreg
0       /var/log/samba/cores/rpcd_classic
0       /var/log/samba/cores/rpcd_lsad
0       /var/log/samba/cores/samba-dcerpcd
0       /var/log/samba/cores/winbindd
0       /var/log/samba/cores/smbd
0       /var/log/samba/cores
2.2M    /var/log/samba
0       /var/log/sa
0       /var/log/plugins
0       /var/log/pkgtools/removed_uninstall_scripts
4.0K    /var/log/pkgtools/removed_scripts
12K     /var/log/pkgtools/removed_packages
16K     /var/log/pkgtools
0       /var/log/nginx
0       /var/log/nfsd
0       /var/log/libvirt/qemu
0       /var/log/libvirt/ch
0       /var/log/libvirt
123M    /var/log

On 1/17/2024 at 2:32 AM, itimpi said:

du -h /var/log

Made sure everything was updated and rebooted, so far so good! 

Thanks!

I'd like to suggest a feature:

Recently I had an issue with filename lengths and the mover has been failing on a few files for months trying to move them from cache to the array:

/mnt/ingestion/media/TV/I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson/Season 3/3x06 - WHEN I FIRST THOUGHT OF THIS YOU DIDN’T EVEN HAVE HANDS UP THERE — YOU WERE JUST WA... - [WEBDL-1080p][10bit][h265][EN+AR+CS+DA+DE+EL+Spanish (Latin America)+Spanish (ES)+FI+fil+FR+HE+HR+HU+ID+IT+JA+KO+MS+NB+NL+PL+Portugue]-[EAC3 Atmos 5.1].mkv /mnt/disk1/media/TV/I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson/Season 3/3x06 - WHEN I FIRST THOUGHT OF THIS YOU DIDN’T EVEN HAVE HANDS UP THERE — YOU WERE JUST WA... - [WEBDL-1080p][10bit][h265][EN+AR+CS+DA+DE+EL+Spanish (Latin America)+Spanish (ES)+FI+fil+FR+HE+HR+HU+ID+IT+JA+KO+MS+NB+NL+PL+Portugue]-[EAC3 Atmos 5.1].mkv.partial (36) File name too long

I think I found the root problem with docker mappings. but the issue remains that this was causing an unraid problem. This plugin could scan the filesystem for excessively long filenames or paths.

i still cant figure out how to switch back to the cache for my appdata share. It was once on the cache primary storage but to get rid of the warning symbol shown on the appdata share, I changed the primary to the array option. now Fix Common Problems is saying that it is wrong so I am trying to change it back but it has the drop down "cache" option for primary storage greyed out and unselectable. I am lost on what to do and I cant figure it out by the forums. am I doing something wrong? I posted diagnostics.

plexserver-diagnostics-20240125-0554.zip

56 minutes ago, HIGHFLIII said:

i still cant figure out how to switch back to the cache for my appdata share. It was once on the cache primary storage but to get rid of the warning symbol shown on the appdata share, I changed the primary to the array option. now Fix Common Problems is saying that it is wrong so I am trying to change it back but it has the drop down "cache" option for primary storage greyed out and unselectable. I am lost on what to do and I cant figure it out by the forums. am I doing something wrong? I posted diagnostics.

plexserver-diagnostics-20240125-0554.zip 112.34 kB · 0 downloads

You will need to set

• cache as primary storage
  • array as secondary storage
  • mover direction to be array->cache
  • disable (temporarily) docker service
  • run mover to get any files for the appdata share on the array transferred to the cache
  • when that completes set the secondary storage option for the appdata share to None
  • (if not already done so) enable Exclusive shares under Settings->Global Share Settings to get improved performance.   The next time the array is started the appdata share should then be running in Exclusive mode.
  • Reenable the docker service.

My unRAID seems slow today so i ran FCP and got the message:

-----

On Feb 3 there were 12 invalid login attempts. This could either be yourself attempting to login to your server (SSH / Telnet) with the wrong user or password, or you could be actively be the victim of hack attacks. A common cause of this would be placing your server within your routers DMZ, or improperly forwarding ports. 

This is a major issue and needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY

-----

Removed all forwarding ports on router (Plex, VPN, unRAID Connect) and rebooted. Error count is less (12 vs 3000)

Ran Tools>Diagnostics and saved files. Which should I upload?

After starting a parity check today, i got a "strange" new Error message:

Event: Fix Common Problems - Horus Subject: Errors have been found with your server (Horus). Description: Investigate at Settings / User Utilities / Fix Common Problems Importance: alert

* **File mounts present within /mnt**

Because i am a little bit confused now (dont know, what exactly this message means), i post also the diagnostics and hope, someone can explain what this means...

horus-diagnostics-20240204-1417.zip

Edited by Zonediver