[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

9 hours ago, alturismo said:

on the lsio Docker its located at ... (so may look again ;) a little closer ...)

Thanks to you, of course it's there :$ I'll create a backup and see if I can fix the time zone issue. Thanks again ;-)

Has anyone seen this error and been able to resolve it. I believe it started with v28.

Refused to send form data to 'https://nc.domain.com/index.php/login' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "form-action 'self'".

I'm unable to login via Chrome/Edge. Firefox works just fine.

edit: Seems I asked this a week or so ago and forgot. Apologies. Still would love an answer though!

Edited by flyize

Posting this here for anyone else who was worried about a bunch of "new" errors showing in the Overview page of Admin Settings since upgrading to v28.

Apparently this is an intended behavior since the update to the new version (according to this post on the main Nextcloud support forum from one of the devs). Those errors were apparently always there in the log, but in v28 onwards a decision was made to put an alert on the Overview page for admins since you'd otherwise not see errors were happening unless you went digging in the log manually (or had set up some other kind of alerts notification system).

Personally, I discovered that my error number kept going up because a couple of videos had become corrupted when backing up from my iPhone, and Memories was failing to index them/ffmpeg was unable to generate preview thumbnails. Since they were trying to do this every hour on the hour, it meant I had a handful of new errors every hour. Deleting the corrupted versions and reuploading clean versions from my phone again fixed it.

If you're seeing lots of errors, don't panic that it necessarily means something super serious, but it seems like we're being given a nudge by the Nextcloud devs to take a more proactive approach to being admins (and personally, since it saved me accidentally deleting some stuff I thought I had safely backed up, I'm grateful!), although there is currently discussion over whether there's a better way to handle these notifications without spooking people so much/giving more granular information about what exactly is wrong.

Also - the blank log page seems to be an unrelated caching issue. Mine eventually resolved itself on its own, but lots of people over there say their logs reappeared once they cleared their browser caches.

• Thanks 1

Have had NC working on Unraid for the last 10 months without too many issues. Now trying to get v28 working. It was initially stuck in maintenance mode, but when I manually took it out of that via CLI, it would load up OK, but the admin status page would show the error "Your web server is not yet properly set up to allow file synchronisation, because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken."

Not turning up anything of use by searching for that error.

I've updated my appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php based on the latest config.sample.php file and I'm still getting the same error. Here's my config.php - anything wrong/ missing from here, or other ideas of what could be causing the problem?

<?php

$CONFIG = [
    'instanceid' => '****',
    'passwordsalt' => '****',
    'secret' => '****',
    'trusted_domains' =>
    [
    '192.168.3.4:3443',
    'server.com'
    ],
    'datadirectory' => '/data',
    'version' => '28.0.1.1',
    'dbtype' => 'mysql',
    'dbhost' => '192.168.3.3:3306',
    'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
    'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',
    'dbpassword' => '****',
    'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
    'installed' => true,
    'default_language' => 'en_GB',
    'force_language' => 'en_GB',
    'default_locale' => 'en_GB',
    'default_phone_region' => 'GB',
    'force_locale' => 'en_GB',
    'default_timezone' => 'Europe/London',
    'mail_domain' => 'server.com',
    'mail_from_address' => '****',
    'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
    'mail_smtphost' => 'smtp.server.com',
    'mail_smtpport' => 465,
    'mail_smtpauth' => true,
    'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl',
    'mail_smtpname' => '[email protected]',
    'mail_smtppassword' => '****',
    'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
    'overwritehost' => 'server.com',
    'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
    'bulkupload.enabled' => false,
    'maintenance' => false,
    'loglevel' => 0,
    'theme' => '',
    'filelocking.enabled' => 'true',
    'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
    'memories.exiftool' => '/config/www/nextcloud/apps/memories/bin-ext/exiftool-amd64-musl',
    'memories.vod.path' => '/config/www/nextcloud/apps/memories/bin-ext/go-vod-amd64',
    'memories.vod.ffmpeg' => '/usr/bin/ffmpeg',
    'memories.vod.ffprobe' => '/usr/bin/ffprobe',
    'updater.secret' => '****',
    'upgrade.disable-web' => true,
];

Edited by -C-

I keep on getting the following error in my log.  Any idea about where I should start to resolve it?

[richdocuments] Error: Failed to fetch the Collabora capabilities endpoint: Client error: `GET https://**nextcloud_address**/apps/richdocumentscode/proxy.php?req=/hosting/capabilities` resulted in a `404 Not Found` response:

**nextcloud_address** is the address for my server

I kind of figured it out.  The problem is NextCloud office app.  It is trying to connect to a CODE server, which is another app.  I installed that one, and get different errors.  Either way, I don't deal much with office files on my server, it is more for storing pictures, so I just disabled the Nextcloud office app.

Edited by Ben deBoer
Have had NC working on Unraid for the last 10 months without too many issues. Now trying to get v28 working. It was initially stuck in maintenance mode, but when I manually took it out of that via CLI, it would load up OK, but the admin status page would show the error "Your web server is not yet properly set up to allow file synchronisation, because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken."

Not turning up anything of use by searching for that error.

I've updated my appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php based on the latest config.sample.php file and I'm still getting the same error. Here's my config.php - anything wrong/ missing from here, or other ideas of what could be causing the problem?

php$CONFIG = [   'instanceid' => '****',   'passwordsalt' => '****',   'secret' => '****',   'trusted_domains' =>   [   '192.168.3.4:3443',   'server.com'   ],   'datadirectory' => '/data',   'version' => '28.0.1.1',   'dbtype' => 'mysql',   'dbhost' => '192.168.3.3:3306',   'dbname' => 'nextcloud',   'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',   'dbpassword' => '****',   'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',   'installed' => true,   'default_language' => 'en_GB',   'force_language' => 'en_GB',   'default_locale' => 'en_GB',   'default_phone_region' => 'GB',   'force_locale' => 'en_GB',   'default_timezone' => 'Europe/London',   'mail_domain' => 'server.com',   'mail_from_address' => '****',   'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',   'mail_smtphost' => 'smtp.server.com',   'mail_smtpport' => 465,   'mail_smtpauth' => true,   'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl',   'mail_smtpname' => '[email protected]',   'mail_smtppassword' => '****',   'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',   'overwritehost' => 'server.com',   'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',   'bulkupload.enabled' => false,   'maintenance' => false,   'loglevel' => 0,   'theme' => '',   'filelocking.enabled' => 'true',   'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',   'memories.exiftool' => '/config/www/nextcloud/apps/memories/bin-ext/exiftool-amd64-musl',   'memories.vod.path' => '/config/www/nextcloud/apps/memories/bin-ext/go-vod-amd64',   'memories.vod.ffmpeg' => '/usr/bin/ffmpeg',   'memories.vod.ffprobe' => '/usr/bin/ffprobe',   'updater.secret' => '****',   'upgrade.disable-web' => true,];

Not positive but last few updates have said to update the default.conf. I swear on that I saw some specific things about WebDAV. How old is your default.conf? Very first line should date it..

Maybe your solution though; not positive.

dbc3b29678cff362a5596cd04dacde12.png

Been fighting with Nextcloud and Collabora for a while, wondering if anyone is got the two working?
-Running Nextcloud latest 28.0.1 with NPM
nc_overview.png.e32545842b4825d5c4f2522b4ba86a76.png

-Installed Nextcloud Office 8.3.0
nc_office_install.thumb.png.f6be564098828031a0a06026d29dd943.png

-Collabora-CODE
nc_collaborra_connect.thumb.png.a44d18f981900e9100557905664c4317.png

-Collabora-Code logs
cb_logs.thumb.png.45f910c191372282d27fb4803402f7a4.png

-Back to NC advance settings to add external ip
nc_advance.thumb.png.52ed58a66b300e88f9603ab78b42c308.png

Collabora-CODE logs

As a result NC documents fail to load. If any one got the two running, send help

Edited by Tolete
28 minutes ago, Tolete said:

Been fighting with Nextcloud and Collabora for a while, wondering if anyone is got the two working?
-Running Nextcloud latest 28.0.1 with NPM
nc_overview.png.e32545842b4825d5c4f2522b4ba86a76.png

-Installed Nextcloud Office 8.3.0
nc_office_install.thumb.png.f6be564098828031a0a06026d29dd943.png

-Collabora-CODE
nc_collaborra_connect.thumb.png.a44d18f981900e9100557905664c4317.png

-Collabora-Code logs

-Back to NC advance settings to add external ip
nc_advance.thumb.png.52ed58a66b300e88f9603ab78b42c308.png

Collabora-CODE logs

As a result NC documents fail to load. If any one got the two running, send help

Try the URL of your NPM instance in the WOPI list?

43 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

Try the URL of your NPM instance in the WOPI list?

Yes, I have added 'https://collabora.mydomain.com'.
Results are the same Collabora log

wsd-00001-00031 2024-01-07 12:03:47.114051 -0500 [ websrv_poll ] WRN  convert-to: Requesting address is denied: MY.EXTERNAL.IP| wsd/COOLWSD.cpp:4108

Edited by Tolete
1 minute ago, Tolete said:

Yes, I have added 'https://collabora.mydomain.com'.
Results in the same Collabora log

wsd-00001-00031 2024-01-07 12:03:47.114051 -0500 [ websrv_poll ] WRN  convert-to: Requesting address is denied: MY.EXTERNAL.IP| wsd/COOLWSD.cpp:4108

I understand that permanently it wouldn’t be a good idea but what happens when you leave WOPI allow list blank; does it work?

3 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

I understand that permanently it wouldn’t be a good idea but what happens when you leave WOPI allow list blank; does it work?

I have left it blank and no matter what i get the same logs

Edited by Tolete

I have left it blank and no matter what i get the same logs

What ENVs do you have set in Collabora container?

I would just delete Collabora container and recreate it. If anywhere in your Collabora container Envs you are doing old school way of defining server with what was the weird URLS with / in it I wouldn’t. 

5 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

What ENVs do you have set in Collabora container?

I would just delete Collabora container and recreate it. If anywhere in your Collabora container Envs you are doing old school way of defining server with what was the weird URLS with / in it I wouldn’t. 

none other than default
-i previously had had/added the 'aliasgroup' ev on there but this is a fresh install of NC and Collabora. All its got is the defaults.
-not sure if the 'aliasgroup' ev is required. but currently not running it.

Edited by Tolete

none other than default
-i previously had had/added the 'aliasgroup' ev on there but this is a fresh install of NC and Collabora. All its got is the defaults.
-not sure if the 'aliasgroup' ev is required. but currently not running it.

I had to remove all the alias group stuff a bit back. Did you recreate container before or after removing the alias group junks?

On 1/7/2024 at 5:15 AM, blaine07 said:

Not positive but last few updates have said to update the default.conf. I swear on that I saw some specific things about WebDAV. How old is your default.conf? Very first line should date it..

Maybe your solution though; not positive.

dbc3b29678cff362a5596cd04dacde12.png

Thanks- I had these 3 that were well out of date:

┌────────────┬────────────┬────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│  old date  │  new date  │ path                                                                   │
├────────────┼────────────┼────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
│ 2022-08-16 │ 2023-04-13 │ /config/nginx/nginx.conf                                               │
│ 2022-08-20 │ 2024-01-03 │ /config/nginx/site-confs/default.conf                                  │
│ 2022-08-20 │ 2023-08-13 │ /config/nginx/ssl.conf                                                 │
└────────────┴────────────┴────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Have now replaced all 3 with the latest samples and that warning's not displayed in the startup log, but unfortunately it hasn't resolved the WebDAV issue.

I migrated my nextcloud server to a new box using the backup/restore Appdata.

I can login but then I get to the dashboard I get internal errors. The log files are full of permission or no such file and a path. The files are there when I browse, and I compare permissions they are the same as the old server.? Any ideas?

#397: *14 FastCGI sent in stderr: "; PHP message: {"reqId":"JZtTZuvGrhU4iFbtogid","level":3,"time":"2023-12-23T09:47:45+00:00","remoteAddr":"MyIPAddress","user":"MyUserNAME","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"/apps/dashboard/","message":"fopen(/data/nextcloud.log): Failed to open stream: Permission denied at /app/www/public/lib/private/Log/File.php#82","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/118.0","version":"28.0.0.11","data":{"app":"PHP"}}" while reading upstream, client: MyIPAddress, server: _, request: "GET /apps/dashboard/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.mydomain.com"

4 hours ago, HarryHeck said:

I migrated my nextcloud server to a new box using the backup/restore Appdata.

I can login but then I get to the dashboard I get internal errors. The log files are full of permission or no such file and a path. The files are there when I browse, and I compare permissions they are the same as the old server.? Any ideas?

Appdata's one thing, but did you also check the actual data/files folder and permissions?

7 hours ago, HarryHeck said:

migrated my nextcloud server to a new box using the backup/restore Appdata.

How did you do the migration? There is more to it than just the appdata.

Did you also migrate the template for the container from flash?

Did you also migrate docker.img? Probably better if you didn't and just reinstall from the template with Previous Apps.

On 1/6/2024 at 10:09 PM, -C- said:

For anyone else having this problem, I've finally managed to fix it.

It turned out to be due to the Groupfolders app.

I was alterted to this from this error;
Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in the documentation ↗. (List of invalid files… / Rescan…)

When I click the List of invalid files link, I get to <<mynextcloud.url>>/settings/integrity/failed

And that's showing:

Technical information
=====================
The following list covers which files have failed the integrity check. Please read
the previous linked documentation to learn more about the errors and how to fix
them.

Results
=======
- groupfolders
	- FILE_MISSING
		- l10n/hy.json
		- l10n/ia.js

Followed by a long list of files.

So I could see there was an issue with the Groupfolders app. I updated it through the Nextcloud interface to the latest version and it didn't resolve the issue. But when I disabled the app, suddenly the clients on my devices started syncing and the WebDAV /CalDAV etc. errors were gone.

I used the "backup/restore Appdata" tool. This copies the temple settings over. I copied the Data folder via resilio. I used the backup/restore tool for bitwarden, the database for nextcloud, nginx proxy all of which are working fine. I am not concerned about the permissions of the actual data folder at this time. Since all errors are reporting files paths within the container. None of the files paths in the php logs are reporting errors to the data directory.

Permission denied at /app/www/public/lib/private/Log/File.php

Edited by HarryHeck
2 hours ago, HarryHeck said:

None of the files paths in the php logs are reporting errors to the data directory.

Permission denied at /app/www/public/lib/private/Log/File.php

That error, encountered in the code file you mention, is about lack of permissions for opening the log file, which is in the data directory.

"message":"fopen(/data/nextcloud.log)

Hey guys,

i have managed to install and run nextcloud. i wanted to enable the fulltext search feature according to the multiple instructions in the web. Apps within nextcloud are installed, elasticsearch is set up without any errors  in the logs.

When i want to run the first index within the nextcloud docker console using the following 

sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ fulltextsearch:index

i am getting the following message

Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/occ

i am struggling to find the error, any ideas?

12 minutes ago, Krepton said:

i am struggling to find the error, any ideas?

well, the error is pretty straight forward ...

may this answer your question ;)

root@AlsServerII:~# docker exec nextcloud which occ
/usr/bin/occ
root@AlsServerII:~#

you could have checked the path yourself, /config is your appdata folder ... now, when following the path ... you will figure there is no occ binary to execute ;)