[Support] cheesemarathons repo


646 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 4/29/2019 at 9:58 AM, ich777 said:

Hello, thank you for this Docker but since i've installed it (in combination with PiHole) i've discovered that Windows Update isn't working anymore.

So my first step was to disable Windows Updated Caching inside the docker with the value 'true' but it seems that this value doesn't work.

My second step was to disable PiHole and try it again but still the same, Windows Update isn't working.

Can you please help me, i don't want to disable the docker every time and then search manually for updates.

The logs are not really helpful since there is no error.

The current caching system has a few bugs with the way it is set up, especially when it comes to windows updates. We are working on a completely new system that should fix this. However, in the meantime, you should be able to just disable windows updates from caching. I don't understand why this doesn't work. @mlebjerg are you able to shed any light on this?

 

Also, sorry for taking ages to reply 😝

Edited by cheesemarathon
Link to post
  • Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Application Name: Bitwarden Description: This is a Bitwarden server API implementation written in Rust compatible with upstream Bitwarden clients*, perfect for self-hosted deployment where runnin

Hello, Nice work on steamcachebundle, makes LAN parties a breeze. Would it be possible to add Xbox download cache to the docker as well?

Thought I'd post this here as it might be useful to some.  I worte a brief guide on how to setup bitwarden with a reverse proxy using our LetsEncrypt container.  It's on the LinuxServer.io blog.  It's

Posted Images

I can't wait to see what the new version brings.  I have learned through DD-WRT and BWMON that it appears the downloading machine is bypassing the cache server during the download.  I haven't dove in enough to know if it's somehow getting the real IP during DNS resolution or if it's the cache server leaking the real IP.

 

My work around is to throttle the download speed for the first machine to 10Kbps.  This forces every update packet to go through the cache server except for 10Kbps, which doesn't add up to much.  Using this method, I am able to force the cache server to cache 90%+ of the update.  Once the update is complete, I remove the throttling from the router.  Updating the rest of the machines appears to be super fast because, although they are also bypassing the cache server on some of the updates, enough are coming from the cache server to make up the difference.

Link to post

@FireFtw When signups are disabled, the Create Account button will still appear and you can click on it and fill out the form. However, when you click the submit button to create a new account, it should say "Registration not allowed"

 

If your still having issues, make sure the container is up to date. Also, try recreating the container. I had an issue where I had changed SIGNUPS_ALLOWED to false but not saved it properly so it didn't recreate the container and a restart didn't apply the change. So you can just remove the "e" in false and retype it, thus making a change so the Apply button is enabled but keeping the settings the same. Then click Apply to recreate the container with the new settings. I hope that makes sense.

 

Let me know if you're still having issues.

Link to post
6 hours ago, cheesemarathon said:

@FireFtw When signups are disabled, the Create Account button will still appear and you can click on it and fill out the form. However, when you click the submit button to create a new account, it should say "Registration not allowed"

 

If your still having issues, make sure the container is up to date. Also, try recreating the container. I had an issue where I had changed SIGNUPS_ALLOWED to false but not saved it properly so it didn't recreate the container and a restart didn't apply the change. So you can just remove the "e" in false and retype it, thus making a change so the Apply button is enabled but keeping the settings the same. Then click Apply to recreate the container with the new settings. I hope that makes sense.

 

Let me know if you're still having issues.

Thanks for the reply, my bad I thought the button would have disappeared.

Link to post
On 5/9/2019 at 11:41 AM, cheesemarathon said:

The current caching system has a few bugs with the way it is set up, especially when it comes to windows updates. We are working on a completely new system that should fix this. However, in the meantime, you should be able to just disable windows updates from caching. I don't understand why this doesn't work. @mlebjerg are you able to shed any light on this?

 

Also, sorry for taking ages to reply 😝

Thank you for the reply and sorry my reply also takes ages... :D

Still... i am not able to download windows updates, is there any workaround to disable the windows update caching completely or a beta build that i can pull from dockerhub?

The value 'true' at the 'DISABLE_WINDOWS' doesn't make like i said above no difference.

Please help me out, the way it is now i must set the dns server to the PiHole manually so that i can make windows updates...

Link to post
On 9/10/2018 at 2:18 PM, cheesemarathon said:

@Tweak3D@mostlydave

It's well known issue

 
TL/DR: this is a problem when running over HTTP on chrome and its a problem upstream. Looks like it's just unsupported and wont fix.
The issue is in the Vault to be specific.
 
I'm running my bitwarden behind a reverse proxy that forces all traffic through HTTPS. This fixes the issue in Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106

Sorry for asksing. But did you setup your local DNS to redirect all request your set up URL to the internal server to keep the traffic local or did you just let the internet handle the route back to your router?

If handling locally. how? :D 

Link to post
On 5/9/2019 at 5:39 AM, cheesemarathon said:

I'm a little bit confused as to what it is exactly you want to do. You can't really setup webmin inside the container. What is it exactly your trying to achieve?

What do you mean by "set up domains on my local network such as example.lab"?

 

Also, sorry for taking ages to reply 😝

Sorry for taking so long to reply also. You can run webmin inside a container for instance https://hub.docker.com/r/handco/webmin/dockerfile  is a container running webmin on top of an alpine image.

 

What I want to do is have webmin run inside your steamcache image so I can more easily configure local domains using bind rather than running a separate bind container.

Edited by Masterism
Link to post
17 hours ago, thostr said:

Sorry for asksing. But did you setup your local DNS to redirect all request your set up URL to the internal server to keep the traffic local or did you just let the internet handle the route back to your router?

If handling locally. how? :D 

Just let the internet handle it all. I don't notice any issues with speed or responsiveness and I wanted remote access. Plus one of my machines is a laptop which may not always be at home local to my bitwarden instance so it's easier to set it up to just use the public URL.

 

If you want to handle it locally, you can look to see if your router is able to do DNS redirects.

Edited by cheesemarathon
Link to post
4 hours ago, Masterism said:

Sorry for taking so long to reply also. You can run webmin inside a container for instance https://hub.docker.com/r/handco/webmin/dockerfile  is a container running webmin on top of an alpine image.

 

What I want to do is have webmin run inside your steamcache image so I can more easily configure local domains using bind rather than running a separate bind container.

In theory, yes, we can add webmin, but it would require completely rebuilding the container.

 

What I'm confused about is why you want to edit the BIND instance inside steamcache. BIND is used to redirect specific domains to the cache server. If you start redirecting other domains there could be unexpected and unpredictable results. Also if you make changes to BIND and we then update the container, there could be conflicts that break things. When we are not in control of everything inside the container, we can't guarantee it will work.

 

I'd recommend setting up your own system for anything custom, that way you are in control of your side of things and we control the steamcache side of things.

Link to post
6 hours ago, cheesemarathon said:

In theory, yes, we can add webmin, but it would require completely rebuilding the container.

 

What I'm confused about is why you want to edit the BIND instance inside steamcache. BIND is used to redirect specific domains to the cache server. If you start redirecting other domains there could be unexpected and unpredictable results. Also if you make changes to BIND and we then update the container, there could be conflicts that break things. When we are not in control of everything inside the container, we can't guarantee it will work.

 

I'd recommend setting up your own system for anything custom, that way you are in control of your side of things and we control the steamcache side of things.

The reason I want to edit bind is to add custom domains, If i have a web server on my lan for instance adminpanel.lab I want to be able to use a domain rather than the ip address. I use sonarr, radarr, deluge ect. I also have long term web projects that I have sat in docker containers so I like to be able to use a .lab domain to access them rather than the ipaddess:port. My router does not have that feature hence why I need to use a bind instance. I suppose I could have my computer > steamcache > bind > router > outside world, but I don't like the idea of having unnecessary hops.

 

Could you help me with a dockerfile that would include webmin? That way it wouldn't effect the main steamcache container? Would it be possible to use your steamcache container as a base image to a separate container to include webmin?

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, teh1percent said:

Don't want to beat a dead horse or anything, but was the Comcast issue ever fixed or going to be fixed? Can't get any steam apps to hit the cache. 

I will see what i can do when i get some time. I have heard it works here: https://github.com/lancachenet/monolithic (The guys that made the Docker containers that i combined) but to get that to work you need to change the port for the unraid WebUi, and run these two too: https://github.com/lancachenet/sniproxyhttps://github.com/lancachenet/lancache-dns

 

Link to post

For a while I've been having a couple problems with my oauth2proxy. I have cookie expiration set to 24 hours and refresh set to 1 hour. However, it seems after about an hour it's forcing me to login again. I can see the cookie is set to expire after an hour but it's still making me login again within the 24 hour period.

 

The other problem I've been having is that periodically after I choose my Google account I get an error page rather than a success and forwarding to the requested page. If I then go back and attempt to login again it's successful.

 

These two problems are rather annoying. Any ideas?

Link to post

Hi All,

 

I am having some trouble with the SteamCacheBundle container. I have it setup and it is working but not giving me internet (UPSTREAM_DNS) unless i put the alternate DNS in myself(IPV4 settings in Windows) it is not picking it up from the container. On my Windows PC this appears to be OK as i can see me getting items to cache when downloading but on my router it bypasses the Cache and goes to the alternate(Secondary).

 

What am i doing wrong ?

 

Here is my container setup

 

image.thumb.png.7e596fe14f76d33045066abaf92bc105.png

 

And here is my current Router setup (It is a Vodafone Router in the UK)

If i remove the Secondary i loose internet and all web pages display "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG"

And i did do a ipconfig /release followed by /flushdns and /renew

 

image.png.794543d5db1bc5e6db86b4a004d017f7.png

 

TIA

Link to post

SteamCacheBundle help:

Hi i been looking around repo info mainly the DNS address list for launchers steam blizzard ect and see epic and lots of games listed in them but no option in the docker to disable or enable is there a way? would be nice if can use for more downloads 

and second common issue is uplay not downloading at all if not disabled most say is a wildcard issue for the DNS address on uplay but has been updated on GitHub repo (how i found others) i deleted and reinstalled the docker to force an update with no luck and don't know how to edit a docker or inside a docker to check 

 

thanks for your time 

Link to post
8 hours ago, JPDom1 said:

Hi All,

 

I am having some trouble with the SteamCacheBundle container. I have it setup and it is working but not giving me internet (UPSTREAM_DNS) unless i put the alternate DNS in myself(IPV4 settings in Windows) it is not picking it up from the container. On my Windows PC this appears to be OK as i can see me getting items to cache when downloading but on my router it bypasses the Cache and goes to the alternate(Secondary).

 

What am i doing wrong ?

 

Here is my container setup

 

image.thumb.png.7e596fe14f76d33045066abaf92bc105.png

 

And here is my current Router setup (It is a Vodafone Router in the UK)

If i remove the Secondary i loose internet and all web pages display "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG"

And i did do a ipconfig /release followed by /flushdns and /renew

 

image.png.794543d5db1bc5e6db86b4a004d017f7.png

 

TIA

whats your unraid server ip ?

Edited by evocraigst
Link to post
56 minutes ago, evocraigst said:

SteamCacheBundle help:

Hi i been looking around repo info mainly the DNS address list for launchers steam blizzard ect and see epic and lots of games listed in them but no option in the docker to disable or enable is there a way? would be nice if can use for more downloads 

and second common issue is uplay not downloading at all if not disabled most say is a wildcard issue for the DNS address on uplay but has been updated on GitHub repo (how i found others) i deleted and reinstalled the docker to force an update with no luck and don't know how to edit a docker or inside a docker to check 

 

thanks for your time 

Thanks for the feedback, i am going to see what i can do in the next update. It might a while though as i am currently moving from Denmark to Berlin. Might find sometime in August.

 

The plan is to include a way to add custom Adresses and change other ones so it can work on Comcast

Edited by mlebjerg
Link to post

i have noticed a problem with my SteamCacheBundle on the first of every month i start a scrub on unraid and today it was running at 40-60MB/s per drive usually its around 145MB/s i only found it was this docker by shutting them all down 1x1 and when i had them all running and just shutting down SCB everything was running fine, i changed the docker tab to advanced view and noticed that the memory usage was also high and it kept grown in size by about a MB every second it was open, it was running for maybe half hour and was up near 2gb

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.