[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

It is a bit hard for me to replicate because I don't play Terraria (I don't play much these days because support and stuff for Unraid... :D ).

The console was only implemented on request and I'm not too sure if this is a thing about the codepage that it uses but I think that the console is working fine on the default Terraria dedicated server.

I also see a lot of open issues in their GitHub over here and maybe this is something that needs to be addressed in there and not here because it seems that this is caused by TShock itself.

Does TShock maybe have a API where you could access or issue commands to it?

Maybe it is also possible to issue commands from in game without accessing the WebTerminal?

Yes, it's totally possible to get around the issue by using commands in-game, I believe TShock also supports RCON and has a REST API so it's low impact. I appreciate your work. Thank you for creating these containers. It saves me tons of time.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ich777 said:

No!

Only specify Steam credentials when the username and password marked with a red asterisk and are not hidden away in Show more options!

Here is also the correct example.

You have an error 0x202 error state in your logs.

This means that you run out of space and SteamCMD aborts the download because of too less available space.

Are you sure that you path mappings in the Docker template are correct?

Thanks mate, this did the trick. For some reason the mover settings had been changed so it filled up my cache drive. Got that sorted and now the server works.

Edited by IamDinosaur
  • Like 1

Hi, Thanks for this ark asa server. Just when I enter the ARK ASA server that I mounted on my unraid, my character jerks when I run, but when I die and respawn everything works fine. I put the correct ports in, I even tried on another server other than mine containing your docker. There is the same symptom. I conclude that it's not my hardware that's the problem. I'm trying to find out where the error is.

The symptom appears when the character is already created in the server. There are chances at the first start, after creating the character it will not jerk. But if you disconnect from your server and reconnect to the server with the character already created, your character will be jerky in its movements. My friends have the same problem when they enter my server

My config Unraid:

CPU: ryzen 3900x

64 ddr4 3200mhz

MC: b550m ds3h

1 TO ssd nvme crucial P3

I have good internet connection

Sorry for my english :)

8 minutes ago, sechag said:

The symptom appears when the character is already created in the server. There are chances at the first start, after creating the character it will not jerk. But if you disconnect from your server and reconnect to the server with the character already created, your character will be jerky in its movements. My friends have the same problem when they enter my server

Sorry I can't help here, this seems like a game specific issue itself and there is nothing that I can do about that.

I would recommend that you report the issue to the ARK developers themselfs on their forum because my container simply downloads/updates the game files and then runs the server, nothing special is done.

Please also note that this is the first time that I hear of that issue and I assume that many people have my container installed on their systems and don't have this specific issue.

Hey, I can't create an ASA Server with the Svartalfheim Map. If I change the Map from "TheIsland_WP" to "Svartalfheim_WP" it doesn't work. I also change the Ports and the Directory of the Serverfiles but when I join on the Server the is my Savegame from the other Gameserver from TheIsland. Any Solutions?

And yes I created an fresh Container for the new Gameserver.

Edited by Hurriking
4 minutes ago, Hurriking said:

Svartalfheim Map

I'm not too familiar with changing maps but are you sure that the map is available on the official server or did you already add it through the workshop?

5 minutes ago, Hurriking said:

I also change the Ports and the Directory of the Serverfiles but when I join on the Server the is my Savegame from the other Gameserver from TheIsland.

I'm not sure I'm understanding that correctly?

Can you share a bit more in depth what you've changed where? Did you also create new port mappings or did you simply changed the ports in the the template? Do you maybe have some screenshots? Did you stop the container in the first place and then changed paths and ports?

If you change the path afterwards to a new directory the game is download again to the new path that you've specified in the template.

10 minutes ago, Hurriking said:

Maybe I have done something wrong....

No, everything seems fine.

I really don‘t know how that could be even possible that it loads the savegame from the wrong server since those are two different directories, the port mappings also seem fine.

Sorry but with the map I really can‘t help and sorry for the dumb question but are you really sure that you connect to the correct server?

Is it possible that the developers only allow one communtiy server per IP and you maybe only see the first one?

On 10/9/2020 at 5:13 PM, Cyd said:

This will hopefully shed some light on the underside working bits of building a cluster of servers for ARK:SurvivalEvolved.

With the inspiration (read thievery) from @growlith I present the A3C (ARK Cluster Companion Container). It and the accompanying XLM files should allow for a fairly simple stand up of a new ARK server cluster.

https://github.com/CydFSA/A3C

Go to the github, fetch the XMLs for however many servers you want to use in your new cluster, salt them to taste with your information (server names, cluster name, passwords, adminpasswords, ect...). 

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

historical information left below (really go get the newer stuff from github)

------------------------------

We are going to start with getting -UseDynamicConfig working and talking to our config file rather than the Official one out at http://arkdedicated.com/dynamicconfig.ini , I know it feels like that should come last but bear with me.

First we have a simple http server running by itself serving up the "dynamicconfig.ini" on port 80 on its container, this is mapped out to the host on 8080 and is not really needed but makes it easy to take a quick glance at tower:8080 to see what the settings are. I ran this container first so that it would receive a predictable IP address (172.17.0.2:80) that is then used in the configurations of the remaining containers to add an entry to the hosts file (--add-host=arkdedicated.com:172.17.0.2) so that requests to http://arkdedicated.com/dynamicconfig.ini in the game servers are pointed to the container running at 172.17.0.2. If you don't want or care to use the dynamic configs, omit the ARK0 container and remove -UseDynamicConfig from the "Extra Game Parameters" of all subsequent ARK's you deploy. 

Next I deployed 10 ARK server instances, why 10 when there are only 9 maps? Well, I assume that Wild card will have another map for Genesis Part 2 coming in the spring so I added a container to house it, currently it is configured as a 2nd Genesis1 map with all the correct ports and paths. If they do release a new map it will only require changing the map name in the config and starting the container.

The ports are mapped sequentially so you will only need to insert three port forward blocks into your gateway router (UDP 7777-7796, UDP 27015-27024, TCP 27025-27034) You do not need anything forwarded to ARK0 as it is only there to talk to ARKs 1-10.

ARK0-dynamicconfig        tcp     80:8080
ARK1-TheIsland            Udp1 7777    UDP2 7778    UDPSteam 27015    TCPRCON 27025
ARK2-ScorchedEarth_P    Udp1 7779    UDP2 7780    UDPSteam 27016    TCPRCON 27026
ARK3-Aberration_P        Udp1 7781    UDP2 7782    UDPSteam 27017    TCPRCON 27027
ARK4-TheCenter            Udp1 7783    UDP2 7784    UDPSteam 27018    TCPRCON 27028
ARK5-Ragnarok            Udp1 7785    UDP2 7786    UDPSteam 27019    TCPRCON 27029
ARK6-Valguero_P            Udp1 7787    UDP2 7788    UDPSteam 27020    TCPRCON 27030
ARK7-CrystalIsles        Udp1 7789    UDP2 7790    UDPSteam 27021    TCPRCON 27031
ARK8-Extinction            Udp1 7791    UDP2 7792    UDPSteam 27022    TCPRCON 27032
ARK9-Genesis            Udp1 7793    UDP2 7794    UDPSteam 27023    TCPRCON 27033
ARK10-Genesis2            Udp1 7795    UDP2 7796    UDPSteam 27024    TCPRCON 27034

Path mappings are slightly more complex. SteamCMD is in its original location per @ich777's standard and the binary data for ARK is also in the default location. Having the server binaries shared also means that when there is an update to ARK (and/or SteamCMD) it only has to be downloaded one time rather than 10. The update procedure is to bring all of the ARKs down then start ARK1 let it update and initialize then bring the others back up en mass, as a precaution I have the wait timer on ARKs 2-10 set to 600 seconds so that if the Tower host gets rebooted ARK1 has time to pull any updates and initialize. The ARK savegame data and Server Config files are mapped into the proper location on a per container basis. This prevents each server instance from mucking up the servers config .inis (which they liked to do), this also means that you can use different options on each ark and makes managing the SavedArks less hair pully outy. The clustering function is done with a shared resource directory and a ClusterID (-clusterid=arkStar under "Extra Game Parameters") 

Dynamiccimfig data:
/dynamicconfig<>/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se/dynamicconfig

SteamCMD:
/serverdata/steamcmd<>/mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd

ARK data:
/serverdata/serverfiles<>/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se

Cross ARK cluster data:
/serverdata/serverfiles/clusterfiles<>/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se/cluster

ARK configs and Save Data:
/serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Saved<>/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se/ARK1-TheIsland
/serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Saved<>/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se/ARK2-ScorchedEarth_P
/serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Saved<>/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se/ARK3-Aberration
/serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Saved<>/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se/ARK4-TheCenter
/serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Saved<>/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se/ARK5-Ragnarok
/serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Saved<>/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se/ARK6-Valguero_P
/serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Saved<>/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se/ARK7-CrystalIsles
/serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Saved<>/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se/ARK8-Extinction
/serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Saved<>/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se/ARK9-Genesis
/serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Saved<>/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se/ARK10-Genesis2

The XML files are attached below, if you chose to use them please make sure to edit them to your taste; server names, passwords, clusterIDs, ect. They can be used by placing them in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user then going to "Docker/Add Container" then choosing from the "Template:" drop down.

Or maybe @ich777 will do us all a favor and decide to add them to his already impressive XML collection  ;)  

ARKcluster.jpg

Using this to setup a cluster.   Basically followed instructions, however, I have not gone as far as setting up dynamic config, mods, or really any configs outside of the default. Which means I also did not setup ARK0.  I did assign my server name and passwords, and clusterID. Went through and removed `-UseDynamicConfig` and the parameter for defining the dynamic config location, though.

So, completely brand new install, no non-default configs, no mods, new survivor.
I spun up Island and Scorched earth for testing purposes.   I can see and connect to both without issues.
I can see both as options when I go to an obelisk in game, but here is where it gets tricky.

Island -> Scorched or Scorched -> Island
1. Transfer with survivor (with and without items)
2. Wait about 30-ish seconds, eventually I'm booted back to menu and a "Host Timeout Error" appears on screen.
3. Try to directly login to the server I just tried to transfer to.  Can't join, session timeout.
4. Restart target server's container.
5. Connect no issues, survivor appears and any items brought along are in the inventory/hotboar

This is consistent with every time I attempt to transfer to or from either server.  The target server will not connect, fails to connect after the attempted transfer, until I restart the container, then it works no problem.

Have you seen this before and do you possibly have a fix, or know where I can possibly see any logging information?  Because container logs stop after "Start server" appears and I've looked in steamcmd and ark logs and there's no information there really other than server save log entries.

Of course, this is all running on Unraid 6.12.6.   Docker img and all appdata files are on my 1tb nvme.

Hi, 

I have a problem with the Satisfactory container. I have been running multiple Satisfactory servers for a while but stopped playing the game early 2023. I have now started again with some friends since the new game update. 

One of the containers is having trouble starting a lot of the time. I tried removing the container and installing it again. That does not work. Rebooting my Unraid server does seem to work most of the time, but that is not an option for me. 

The logfile shows an error but closes when the container reboots. I managed to get this screenshot:
image.thumb.png.da660014391eec7e9455bb747cae7fd2.png

Trying to reinstall this container sometimes even gives me the error "can't find excecutable". My other Satisfactory container does start just fine, but this one keeps giving me trouble. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 minutes ago, workermaster said:

Trying to reinstall this container sometimes even gives me the error "can't find excecutable". My other Satisfactory container does start just fine, but this one keeps giving me trouble. 

Did you change anything or what did you do exactly when reinstalling, did you also delete the directory or create a new directory in your appdata for the new container?

How does the template look like? Did you change anything?

Make sure that there is enough space on the disk, are all containers on the same disk?

I think error 0x602 has something to do with SteamCMD not working correctly (I can't remember form the top of my head).

Hey @ich777

Thank you very much for your time and effort. My boys and and me are having a blast playing some old school games at home. :) Sadly with Unreal Tournament 99 (my favourite game ;)), we have the problem, that the server crashes when switching to certain maps. It seems to be related to Maps with ][ in their names, e.g. DM-Deck16][.

From the log, I get the following error:

ProcessServerTravel: DM-Deck16][.unr?game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus?mutator=
Server switch level: DM-Deck16][.unr?game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus?mutator=
Browse: DM-Deck16][.unr?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=255?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus?mutator=
LoadMap: DM-Deck16][.unr?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=255?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus?mutator=
appError called:
ReadFile beyond EOF 0+4/0
Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
ULinkerLoad::Serialize
FUnrealfileSummary<<
LoadSummary
ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad
UObject::GetPackageLinker
UObject::StaticLoadObject
(Engine.Level None.MyLevel DM-Deck16][.unr)
VerifyPackages
UGameEngine::LoadMap
LocalMapURL
UGameEngine::Browse
ServerTravel
UGameEngine::Tick
UpdateWorld
UServerCommandlet::Main
ReadFile beyond EOF 0+4/0

History: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- FUnrealfileSummary<< <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel DM-Deck16][.unr) <- VerifyPackages <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ServerTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- UServerCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
Exiting.

Any idea about that?

//edit

Happens too when I copy the map and give it a new name. :(

Edited by m1rc0
10 minutes ago, Tonborghini said:

Where do I go to edit kf2 server settings? Like server name, rounds etc etc..? I'm guessing it's pretty dang simple and I'm just over thinking it.

I'm not too sure about KillingFloor 2 since I did that on request but I think you have to create or at least the file here.

You could also work with start parameters (in the docker template GAME_PARAMS).

Hope that helps. :)

10 minutes ago, m1rc0 said:

Sadly with Unreal Tournament 99 (my favourite game ;)), we have the problem, that the server crashes when switching to certain maps. It seems to be related to Maps with ][ in their names, e.g. DM-Deck16][.

That's a good question...

I've now tried it through the WebUI and the server crashes here too, maybe you could rename the map without the ][ and try to load it from the template?

I can only recommend that you create a Bug report about that (click the Bug?) button at the top right corner.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I'm not too sure about KillingFloor 2 since I did that on request but I think you have to create or at least the file here.

You could also work with start parameters (in the docker template GAME_PARAMS).

Hope that helps. :)

Is there a certain way I would have type things into game_params for anything to work? I'm still very new to this and I'm not entirely sure how everything works yet. I'll keep tinkering with it though! Thank you!

Im trying to run two Valheim servers at once, the first one runs fine. Is someone able to help find my mistake?

I connect to server 1 using 10.0.0.10:2456 and it works fine. I setup a new share for server 2, and it seems to run fine, but I can't connect. Pretty sure its an issue with my ports. I'm trying to use the range 2456-2458 for server 1, and range 2459-2461 for server 2. I get connection errors trying to connect to server 2 currently. I think my issue is what's said and highlight in green in this screenshot, which also shows some key configuration:

image.png

I can see that Server 1, Nasheim, is using 0.0.0.0, while Server 2, Valhalla, is using 172.17.0.5. I think this is the issue but I'm not exactly sure how to correct this properly. 

Edited by suchamoneypit
20 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Im trying to run two Valheim servers at once, the first one runs fine. Is someone able to help find my mistake?

I connect to server 1 using 10.0.0.10:2456 and it works fine. I setup a new share for server 2, and it seems to run fine, but I can't connect. Pretty sure its an issue with my ports. I'm trying to use the range 2456-2458 for server 1, and range 2459-2461 for server 2. I get connection errors trying to connect to server 2 currently. I think my issue is what's said and highlight in green in this screenshot, which also shows some key configuration:

image.png

I can see that Server 1, Nasheim, is using 0.0.0.0, while Server 2, Valhalla, is using 172.17.0.5. I think this is the issue but I'm not exactly sure how to correct this properly. 

Make sure that you deleted and recreated the UDP and Game port  items so you can correctly map the new ports.
Also, Hasheim is showing 0.0.0.0 because the container isn't running, so there's no IP yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, dlchamp said:

Make sure that you deleted and recreated the UDP and Game port  items so you can correctly map the new ports.
Also, Hasheim is showing 0.0.0.0 because the container isn't running, so there's no IP yet.

Thank you! I've never really messed with those docker entries before, just filled out what was already there. You were right, I had to remove/delete the ones there, then add them back with the same details but with my desired ports. Second server is working now, thanks again!

20 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, everything seems fine.

I really don‘t know how that could be even possible that it loads the savegame from the wrong server since those are two different directories, the port mappings also seem fine.

Sorry but with the map I really can‘t help and sorry for the dumb question but are you really sure that you connect to the correct server?

Is it possible that the developers only allow one communtiy server per IP and you maybe only see the first one?

In the Serverlist both Servers are listed with the correct Mapnames, but i can connect both Server with the same Savegame. That's really strange.

And thank you for your help!