[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

I would like to setup a 7D2D docker on my unraid server using the latest experimental build. 

under ports I'm seeing 

TCP2 - Web base control: 8080

TCP3 - Web Panel: 8082

8080 is already being used by sabnzb and 8082 was configured for qbittorrentvpn so that it wouldn't conflict with sabnzb. 

In order to get the qbittorrentvpn webui to work I had to delete Host Port 3, readd Host Port 3 (changing both the host and container port) and then add the variable WEBUI_PORT 8082

I will not be routing 7D2D through the VPN

What changes will I need to make to the 7d2d docker for it to be configured correctly?

Can I simply change the host ports for 8080 and 8082 to something else or will I need to delete those ports and readd them so that it also changes the container port?

Will I need to add any additional variables to the docker like I had to for qbittorrent? 

Thank you.

On 11/24/2021 at 8:38 PM, ich777 said:

Sadly enough you have to do this manually now.

Have you the old or new template?

On container startup the log should tell you which variable you have to create and that you have to fill in the version number manually now.

I will update the container in a few minutes, have to turn on my pc... :D

DONE, you can now force a update from the container and it should pull the new version, for the future I recommend to create a variable with the key 'TERRARIA_SRV_V' and as value fill in the version number like '1.4.3.1' if it not already exists in the template.

The developers from Terraria changed, again, something and I can't get the latest version number easily and reliably.

You're amazing, thank you so much for your work. 

• Like 1
Just now, erebus09 said:

What changes will I need to make to the 7d2d docker for it to be configured correctly?

If you don't plan to activate the web panel you don't need those ports, at least I think so.

Just now, erebus09 said:

Can I simply change the host ports for 8080 and 8082 to something else or will I need to delete those ports and readd them so that it also changes the container port?

If these are just for web administration you should be able to change them and don't need to delete and recreate them.

Just now, erebus09 said:

Will I need to add any additional variables to the docker like I had to for qbittorrent? 

No, why?

You can join @Spectral Force's Discord for more information, he is helping me out with support for this game and I'm really thankful for that: Click

I really can't help with that game because I don't own it and I did it on request.

@ich777Thank you so much for this, and the great support you give!  I've searched google, 20+ pages here - and can't find where I'm going wrong...

The permissions change from the default of drwxrwxr-x to drwxrwx--- after I force update/docker starts, not sure if that's normal.   I've disabled SteamGuard completely to ensure that wasn't causing the issue.

I've logged into the console, and can type 'login' and it asks for user & password, but no combo works.  Not really understanding this portion of the Project Zomboid's instructions.  I must be missing a setup step, but I can't find it - I'll gladly accept an annoyed link if anyone can provide guidance!  

------------------------------

This Docker will download and install SteamCMD. It will also install Project Zomboid and run it.

Servername: 'Docker ProjectZomboid' Password: 'Docker' AdminPassword: 'adminDocker'

ATTENTION: First Startup can take very long since it downloads the gameserver files!

CONSOLE: To connect to the console open up a terminal and type in: 'docker exec -u steam -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS PZ' (without quotes), to disconnect from the console simply close the window.

---------------------------------

Here's the errors the log is showing - 

Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
[33;1mPlease use force_install_dir before logon!
[0m Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Update state (0x81) verifying update, progress: 64.79 (1868125046 / 2883304296)
Update state (0x81) verifying update, progress: 90.86 (2619888380 / 2883304296)
Error! App '380870' state is 0x602 after update job.
---Prepare Server---
---Setting up Environment---
---Looking for server configuration file---
---No server configruation found, downloading template---
---Sucessfully downloaded server configuration file---
Archive: /serverdata/serverfiles/cfg.zip
creating: Zomboid/
creating: Zomboid/db/
inflating: Zomboid/db/servertest.db
inflating: Zomboid/options.ini
creating: Zomboid/Server/
inflating: Zomboid/Server/servertest.ini
inflating: Zomboid/Server/servertest_SandboxVars.lua
---Checking for old logs---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Cannot exec '/serverdata/serverfiles/ProjectZomboid64': Permission denied

Edited by OneMeanRabbit
1 hour ago, OneMeanRabbit said:

The permissions change from the default of drwxrwxr-x to drwxrwx--- after I force update/docker starts, not sure if that's normal.

Yes, because the container sets the permissions on every start/restart.

I've disabled SteamGuard completely to ensure that wasn't causing the issue.

Do you have put in the Steam credentials? Please remove them if so -> see also first page from this thread.

Only put the Steam credentials in the template when they are marked as required with the red asterisk (*).

I must be missing a setup step, but I can't find it - I'll gladly accept an annoyed link if anyone can provide guidance!  

I would start over and do the following:

1. Delete the container
  2. Delete the 'projectzomboid' folder in your appdata directory
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App

After that the container should successfully start and you should be able to connect.

Tried it just now and here is the log output from the server: pjzomboid.log

• Like 1

@ich777 Hey! 

I'm not familiar with neither Docker or SteamCMD. I'm trying to set up a project zomboid dedicated server on my NAS with the "projectzomboid" tag of the steamCMD docker container but I'm not sure how to set this up. I've previously set up a valheim dedicated server on my NAS with docker before, but there was a guide explaining how to set it up and it was pretty straight forward.  Would you mind helping me out? Sorry if this was already discussed, this thread has 198 pages and I can't seem to find anything that can help me set this up.

Thanks! 

29 minutes ago, Nachos said:

on my NAS

I think you are not running unRAID or am I wrong?

If you are running unRAID, simply go to the CA App and search for "ProcjectZomboid".

If you are not running unRAID this would be the docker run command:

docker run --name ProjectZomboid -d \
	-p 16262-16326:16262-16326 -p 16261:16261/udp -p 27015:27015 \
	--env 'GAME_ID=380870' \
	--env 'ADMIN_PWD=adminDocker' \
	--env 'UID=99' \
	--env 'GID=100' \
	--volume /path/to/steamcmd:/serverdata/steamcmd \
	--volume /path/to/projectzomboid:/serverdata/steamcmd \
	ich777/steamcmd:projectzomboid

Please change the values for ADMIN_PWD (this is basically the admin password), the volume mounts to a path that exist on your NAS and maybe the UID and GID to a matching user on your NAS (it should be also fine if you leave them at 99 and 100 if you don't want to edit any files).

@ich777 Thank you so much for the quick reply!

I am not running unRAID. I am downloading the docker container through the Synology NAS Docker app.

Something really odd seems to be happening : I can download the container with the "projectzombaid" tag but once I run the container my NAS is unresponsive and crashes. (I have to reboot manually for it to respond again and be able to connect to the interface). I'm not to sure why. I will try to download the latest tag and run it see if it works.

28 minutes ago, Nachos said:

projectzombaid

I think this is only a typo or am I wrong?

I will try to download the latest tag and run it see if it works.

The latest tag won't work because the latest tag is only for CS:Source and CS:GO.

Synology NAS Docker app

Never tried it on such a NAS but at least it should work, as long it is x86_64 based.

I've made a bit of progress. I managed to run the docker container on my Synology NAS (DS920+). I'm having a few issues with the following: 

When setting up the Env Params :

GAME_ID must be set to 380870 based on SteamDB(https://steamdb.info/app/380870/) information, but on the list you provide (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Dedicated_Servers_List) it is 108600. I'm a bit confused. I've used 380870 for now. It also say's "Game Purchase Required" and "Anonymous login" is no so I have to use my steam credentials is that right? (See fig. pz-list.jpg)

GAME_NAME: I can't seem to find anything regarding that for Project zomboid dedicated server. Does it need to be specified?

When creating the volumes :

In your run example is shows 

--volume /path/to/steamcmd:/serverdata/steamcmd \

--volume /path/to/projectzomboid:/serverdata/steamcmd \

Shouldn't the second volume link to /serverdata/serverfiles instead of /serverdata/steamcmd? 

I'm sorry for all the question and I hope I'm not too off the mark. Tbh I have no idea what I'm doing... 

pz-list.jpg

1 minute ago, Nachos said:

GAME_ID must be set to 380870 based on SteamDB(https://steamdb.info/app/380870/) information, but on the list you provide (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Dedicated_Servers_List) it is 108600.

Where did you get this?

I've posted above the docker run command and in that it includes that the GAME_ID has to be set to 380870:

2 hours ago, ich777 said:
	--env 'GAME_ID=380870' \

(this line)

3 minutes ago, Nachos said:

GAME_NAME: I can't seem to find anything regarding that for Project zomboid dedicated server. Does it need to be specified?

You don't have to set this variable, see the Docker run command above.

I think you are in the master branch on Github or on DockerHub (these are only examples).

Please head over to Github and click on the branches like this and switch over to the projectzomboid branch:

grafik.png.6815391f643d08380e2030d8d30edb5f.png

Here is also the direct link to the Github "projectzomboid" branch: Click

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Where did you get this?

From this list https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Dedicated_Servers_List but it seems it is an error, it is the id of the game and not the dedicated server https://steamdb.info/app/108600/.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think you are in the master branch on Github or on DockerHub (these are only examples).

Please head over to Github and click on the branches like this and switch over to the projectzomboid branch:

I'm definitely on the right branch "ich777/steamcmd:projectzomboid".

image.thumb.png.7aaac38d64d565277e44dec6d2a51268.png

The thing is I think the docker interface on synology NAS is very different from doing it on a normal set up. I have to set the volumes like this

image.thumb.png.133ca211257a0c1b83ca1de0a9bbe9f0.png

But I can't point twice to the same location.

Here are the logs I'm getting :

--Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
threadtools.cpp (3787) : Assertion Failed: Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to initialize.
ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "public/steambootstrapper_english.txt".
[  0%] Checking for available update...
threadtools.cpp (3787) : Assertion Failed: Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to initialize.
Thread failed to initialize
CWorkThreadPool::StartWorkThread: Thread creation failed.
Exiting on SPEW_ABORT
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling immediate update check
ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "public/steambootstrapper_english.txt".
[  0%] Checking for available update...
CWorkThreadPool::StartWorkThread: Thread creation failed.
Exiting on SPEW_ABORT
---Prepare Server---
---Setting up Environment---
---Looking for server configuration file---
---No server configruation found, downloading template---
cfg.zip               0%[                    ]       0  --.-KB/s               
cfg.zip             100%[===================>]   5.07K  --.-KB/s    in 0s      
---Sucessfully downloaded server configuration file---
Archive:  /serverdata/serverfiles/cfg.zip
   creating: Zomboid/
   creating: Zomboid/db/
  inflating: Zomboid/db/servertest.db  
  inflating: Zomboid/options.ini     
   creating: Zomboid/Server/
  inflating: Zomboid/Server/servertest.ini  
  inflating: Zomboid/Server/servertest_SandboxVars.lua  
---Checking for old logs---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Cannot exec '/serverdata/serverfiles/ProjectZomboid64': No such file or directory
25 minutes ago, Nachos said:

From this list https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Dedicated_Servers_List but it seems it is an error, it is the id of the game and not the dedicated server https://steamdb.info/app/108600/.

108600 is the GAME ID from the game itself: Click

380870 is the GAME ID from the dedicated server: Click

25 minutes ago, Nachos said:

The thing is I think the docker interface on synology NAS is very different from doing it on a normal set up. I have to set the volumes like this

Please read it again, don't use the same path, the steamcmd path is only for SteamCMD and the projectzomboid path is only for the dedicated server files:

48 minutes ago, Nachos said:

/path/to/steamcmd:/serverdata/steamcmd \

/path/to/projectzomboid:/serverdata/steamcmd

With a dedicated path to SteamCMD you can point multiple containers who are using SteamCMD to this folder while having only one instance on the host for multiple containers, on your setup I would do it something like this:

File/Folder          Mount Path
docker/steamcmd      /serverdata/steamcmd
docker/zomboid       /serverdata/serverfiles

17 minutes ago, Nachos said:

Have you set the variables UID and GID? If yes, to what have you set it?

Seems like SteamCMD can't write to the folder.

Make sure that the UID and GID exist on your NAS.

17 minutes ago, Nachos said:
Cannot exec '/serverdata/serverfiles/ProjectZomboid64': No such file or directory

The game was not downloaded from SteamCMD so it can't find the executable.

1 minute ago, Knight2339 said:

I found it before but what do i then do with it? sorry but i literally have no idea

This is definitely something for advanced users what you want to do, I only can help where to put the xml's but with everything else I really can't help since I'm not really into modding ARK.

The templates (xml files) should be put in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/

You can then install it on the Docker page with the Add Container button and selecting them from the drop down.

For everything else you have to wait for @Cyd or read the documentation in his Github repo, this should get you covered.

RE: Project Zomboid

Interesting that this log that you have seems to have the correct version, 41, but a clean install of the docker container has the masterLog showing its installing 40.43

Using just steamcmd it does look like "app_update 380870 -beta b41multiplayer validate" so in order to use the b41 multiplayer version you need to change the game ID to include the -beta flag.

Using the Game ID as: 380870 -beta b41multiplayer

DOES install 41.60

With this kind of game using beta "codes" like this it might make sense to pull out and add an optional beta flag or a note in the unraid UI for the GAME ID variable.

Edited by FF0000wizard
clarity

Hey guys,

I got 2 questions about the ark server/

1. I can't seem to update the server. In the info it says you just need to restart the server, but this doesn't seem to be working. 
  2. I wanto to enable the winterwonderland event, but that also doesn't seem to be working. The game keeps on version 340.3.
    This is what I have put in the "Extra game parameters" -server -log -ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland

10 hours ago, FF0000wizard said:

Interesting that this log that you have seems to have the correct version, 41, but a clean install of the docker container has the masterLog showing its installing 40.43

I've now installed it again and I see no version number, if you need it here is the log: projectzomboid.log 

10 hours ago, FF0000wizard said:

With this kind of game using beta "codes" like this it might make sense to pull out and add an optional beta flag or a note in the unraid UI for the GAME ID variable.

I can add of course add a note but back in the days when I've created this game servers this wasn't a think, maybe only for 7DtD, there is actually a note in.

Have to update the description, but this will take some time.

9 hours ago, brainbudt said:

I can't seem to update the server. In the info it says you just need to restart the server, but this doesn't seem to be working. 

Try to set the VALIDATE Variable to 'true' (without quotes) and don't forget to unset this value again after it validated the game.

9 hours ago, brainbudt said:

I wanto to enable the winterwonderland event, but that also doesn't seem to be working. The game keeps on version 340.3.
This is what I have put in the "Extra game parameters" -server -log -ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland

Do you have any blocking software like AdGuard or PiHole installed in your network? If yes disable it, wait for at least minutes while the blockers are disabled and then try to restart the container and see if it pulls the update.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Try to set the VALIDATE Variable to 'true' (without quotes) and don't forget to unset this value again after it validated the game.

Do you have any blocking software like AdGuard or PiHole installed in your network? If yes disable it, wait for at least minutes while the blockers are disabled and then try to restart the container and see if it pulls the update.

When I set the validate to true and restart it. It will keep in Version 340.3. Even after a few restarts it keeps on the same version.

I have also disabled the Pihole like you said, but this also doesn't make a different.

32 minutes ago, brainbudt said:

When I set the validate to true and restart it. It will keep in Version 340.3. Even after a few restarts it keeps on the same version.

See this comment: Click (keep in mind this is a post from 2017 but I think this should work)

Please append this to the GAME_ID: '-beta holidayevent' (without quotes)

grafik.thumb.png.cb80ef3d60891d300eac54deb55f7911.png

(keep in mind you have to set the validate option to 'true' once so that it actually pulls the beta branch, don't forget to turn off validate after it pulled the update otherwise game starts will be much longer for ARK)