[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I've updated the container, please update the container itself and see if it fixes the issue (go to your Docker page in Unraid, enable Advanced View in the top right corner, click on "force update" at the container and wait for it to update, disable Advanced View).

That has fixed it, thank you so much for the support.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Thanks for the report!

I will look into that ASAP and report back.

Sorry but I'm going to deprecate this container since it causes always trouble and I'm not exactly sure why.

Anyways the main reason why it's not working is because the maintainer now switches to - instead of . at the releases for some reason and that change is not consistent on his download page/GitHub.

GitHub lists the newest release as: 8193.36.9

His download server lists the release as: 8193.36-9

Sorry for not bringing better news but I think Beamdog now also has it's own Docker for NWN:EE see here.

No worries! Thanks for your help and i'll look at the new container from them!

• Like 1
22 hours ago, thlillyr said:

and no longer works.

I can't confirm that, it is totally working in my case with the legacy parameters that are listed here.

Anyways, I will look into it how it has to be modified to support the new settings.xml file.

I've investigated a bit further and it seems to be recommended that you have indeed a settings.xml but that most commands are still passed over through the command line: Click

Hello ich777,

i wanted to ask if there is a possibility to pass through a command via unraid terminal to a running Project Zomboid server docker.

Currently tried the obvious docker exec restart in a CA user script but realized that the server data was not saved when the docker container restarts.

I want to implement a regular (6 hour interval) restart of my project zomboid server so that it automatically downloads mod updates but without losing server data on reboot.

Having an issue with changing the Conan Exiles docker server settings:

Assumptions
My understanding is the server files to change name, pw, admin pw, game settings etc are located in: appdata/conanexiles/ConanSandbox/Saved/Config/WindowsServer as Engine.ini, Game.ini, and ServerSettings.ini.  

Issue

Making changes to the Engine.ini file does not seem to change from default server settings.  Every time I attempt to connect to the server, I can only connect using the default password of "Docker" and the server name is listed as the default "Docker ConanExiles" in the menu.  I can successfully connect, but only with the default values. 

Are the server files located somewhere else, or is there a setting or tweak I need to make to get these changes to commit?

Thanks!

On 12/30/2023 at 11:46 PM, ich777 said:

Did you restart the container a few times from what I can see in the log output correct?

These lines indicates that the server was started correctly and is waiting for connections:

[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
SteamInternal_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561197960265728 [API loaded no]
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils004 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

(please also note that this message don't have to show up immediately and it can take some time to show up)

Can you also share a bit more information since I really can't help with that little information.

What are your settings in the template?

Have you changed anything in the template?

Do you use BepInEx or Valheim+?

I assume you enable valdiation, please disable it <- this won't basically do nothing.

If the container is not restarting it is usually started and waiting for connections.

Thanks for the response, I am just trying to setup plain vanilla Valheim. I have restarted the container also deleted and reinstalled multiple times. I did turn off verification after taking these screenshots. I have forwarded ports 2456-2458 on my router still not seeing the server for whatever reason.  1688341211_Screenshot2024-01-02133052.thumb.png.6afe82e7e80191aa70e2680c161b3c97.png1781088573_Screenshot2024-01-02133214.thumb.png.282242a720ae6fe26dee0e7847bf42ec.png

3 hours ago, GermanHacki said:

I want to implement a regular (6 hour interval) restart of my project zomboid server so that it automatically downloads mod updates but without losing server data on reboot.

You simply can do that with a cron job via User Scripts.

docker container restart CONTAINERNAME

About the saves, the container usually should save the game when shutting down.

50 minutes ago, Zalszibar said:

Are the server files located somewhere else, or is there a setting or tweak I need to make to get these changes to commit?

What path is set in terms of the Game Files? Do you use /mnt/cache/appdata/... or /mnt/user/appdata/...?

If you have set the appdata share to be moved from the Cache to the Array by the Mover, that's the issue but I would strongly recommend that you leave your your appdata share always on the Cache and not move it to the Array, otherwise you have to set the path to /mnt/user/appdata/...

45 minutes ago, keithbrakebill said:

Thanks for the response, I am just trying to setup plain vanilla Valheim

Please disable Validation, that won't help, as said above this is only if you have issues that the container doesn't update the game properly.

45 minutes ago, keithbrakebill said:

I have restarted the container also deleted and reinstalled multiple times. I did turn off verification after taking these screenshots.

Is the container restarting or does it display Starting Server/the message that I've posted in my previous post? If the container is not restarting chances are high that it is running properly and some kind of network issue.

Have you yet tried to do a direct connection simply by entering your specified IP for the container (in your case 192.168.1.169)? <- I would recommend that you leave it on the default bridge and not using br0 but that's of course up to you.

Most of the times it's an issue with Hair Pin NAT that the server won't show up from your local network, have you yet tried to connect from outside your network or see if you can reach the server from outside your network with the ports forwarded in your router?

2 minutes ago, Tonborghini said:

So I just started looking into starting up a Sons of the Forest server, and I'm just curious about what the 'No Fear' is?

It's not a strict requirement.

2 minutes ago, Tonborghini said:

Will that just be automatically downloaded along with the docker?

You have to download that to you mind.

3 minutes ago, Tonborghini said:

Or is this something I have to download separately?

Usually if you've played The Forest you are good to go.

In all seriousness, no, just download the container and start playing,... but please also stop playing the game if the fear that you are experiencing is too much for you. :D

33 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What path is set in terms of the Game Files? Do you use /mnt/cache/appdata/... or /mnt/user/appdata/...?

If you have set the appdata share to be moved from the Cache to the Array by the Mover, that's the issue but I would strongly recommend that you leave your your appdata share always on the Cache and not move it to the Array, otherwise you have to set the path to /mnt/user/appdata/...

Indeed, I have the SteamCMD on mnt/user/appdata and Server files on mnt/cache/appdata/conanexiles.  I intended to put all appdata on Disk 1 of the Array, but it does seem that some files exist in the array and others on cache upon reviewing the folders...and the mover never seems to move appdata to disk 1.

At this point, should I:

A.) change the server files to mnt/user/appdata and manually move everything from cache to user, or

B.) is the optimal route to fresh install my dockers on cache and point appdata to cache?

C.) other option?

Thank you so much for helping diagnose this

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

I can't confirm that, it is totally working in my case with the legacy parameters that are listed here.

Anyways, I will look into it how it has to be modified to support the new settings.xml file.

I've investigated a bit further and it seems to be recommended that you have indeed a settings.xml but that most commands are still passed over through the command line: Click

Thanks for looking into that!!!

Yes the settings are still passed over the Command line. Then are written into the XML. The handy thing is you can hugely simplify the command line and just make changes to the XML and it will read all the relevent settings from that .xml. So you're command line is as simple as

-loadlatest <savefoldername> <worldnames>  -settingspath "Path to custom location for a settings.xml" Also by default it checks for a settings.XML in the same directory of the .exe for the rest of the settings. The settings.xml file will only be generated once you launch a game with a -settings arg in the commandline in the new method. I have started just using the -settingspath arg with no additional args and it will generate the file on first boot. Then I edit the .xml and restart the server.

Trouble is in your script BTW thats some really clean coding you've done. You insert the legacy args -batchmode -nographics etc forcing it into legacy mode and that i think is what was tripping me up. I was trying to use the newer commands and it just would not work at the time.

But it all come down to the game is buggy as heck when running in the legacy mode for whatever reason. Lots of MP issue show up when launched that way and I have no idea why.

Edited by thlillyr

Hi, i was here a couple weeks back after getting my Valheim server up and running for the first time with your docker.. then on a reboot, the whole install was nuked and started fresh somehow.

Once i had it up and running again.. it was great for 11 days, until today, when I noticed save file corruption and high memory usage, so I shut down the docker, restarted my NAS and the docker.

I know your product has nothing to do with the potential memory leak and save files.. but upon restarting the Docker my entire valheim install was again wiped. I was hoping you could have a quick look through the attached Docker log and see if you recognize a reason why it might have reinstalled everything and wiped me again. That would help me figure out where to start my newbie troubleshooting :)

thanks..

valheim log.txt

2 minutes ago, cakeman said:

Hi, i was here a couple weeks back after getting my Valheim server up and running for the first time with your docker.. then on a reboot, the whole install was nuked and started fresh somehow.

What path is set in your template for the game files?

If you are using /mnt/cache/appdata/... you have to ensure that the files for the appdata share in this case stay on the Cache pool in this case and are not moved to the Array.

You can however change the path to /mnt/user/appdata/... but some games have issues and wouldn't even start.

The above described is most likely what happens to you because the mover is moving the data off of the Cache and to the Array and because you are using /mnt/cache/appdata/... it is not able to find the savegame/data anymore.

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

You simply can do that with a cron job via User Scripts.

docker container restart CONTAINERNAME

About the saves, the container usually should save the game when shutting down.

That's what I thought aswell but I tried it and manually started the script once to check if it works.

The server rolled back like 15 minutes and didn't save the world state, it saved the character state though.

But I'll try your solution regardless and will observe for a few days and report back.

On 12/17/2023 at 6:47 AM, ich777 said:

I already posted something like that (I think it was a reddit post) but that is more like a workaround not a fix.

I would recommend to investigate further why it is not working with the network check enabled.

Time to eat some words, my friend couldn't connect to the server and then I removed the port forwarding rules from my router and restarted the server and it 'worked' just as before so my port forwarding hasn't been correct! 

image.png.abba3eccd2af59f2e494d1823eb1d04b.png

This is what I need to input to add a port rule:

image.png.2768e07e888e26e875526c63ff248424.png

Should I add 172.17...... 27016 to internal or external? And then I give the 192. to my friend to join the server, correct?

1 hour ago, Maxplosive said:

Should I add 172.17...... 27016 to internal or external? And then I give the 192. to my friend to join the server, correct?

No, internal host is 192.168.0.34 with the according protocol (in this case UDP) and the port <- you have to create three entries here.

External host needs to be empty and External port needs to be the same as the internal one.

25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, internal host is 192.168.0.34 with the according protocol (in this case UDP) and the port <- you have to create three entries here.

External host needs to be empty and External port needs to be the same as the internal one.

Like this? Left external host empty.

image.png.a82b0a15606eeb8f47c6825d3c2775cc.png

Now I get the Failed to get public ip error again:

{
  "IpAddress": "0.0.0.0",
  "GamePort": 8766,
  "QueryPort": 27016,
  "BlobSyncPort": 9700,
  "ServerName": "Test",
  "MaxPlayers": 8,
  "Password": "test",
  "LanOnly": false,
  "SaveSlot": 1,
  "SaveMode": "Continue",
  "GameMode": "Normal",
  "SaveInterval": 600,
  "IdleDayCycleSpeed": 0.0,
  "IdleTargetFramerate": 5,
  "ActiveTargetFramerate": 60,
  "LogFilesEnabled": false,
  "TimestampLogFilenames": true,
  "TimestampLogEntries": true,
  "SkipNetworkAccessibilityTest": false,
  "GameSettings": {},
  "CustomGameModeSettings": {}
}
#DSL [Self-Tests] [Config] Dedicated Server configuration file is valid.
#DSL [Self-Tests] [Networking] Testing public accessibility...
0060:fixme:nsi:ipv6_forward_enumerate_all not implemented
01b0:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0000000058B70218, overlapped 0000000058B70220): stub
01d0:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
01d0:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 000000006E7A0E80, 000000000266CAF0, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 0000000000000000, 0
01d0:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 000000006E7A0E80
0060:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
0060:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
01d0:fixme:wbemprox:enum_class_object_Next timeout not supported
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 1326470
0060:fixme:mountmgr:query_property Faking StorageDeviceProperty data
01d8:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetThreadInitializationType FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFA, 000000005B42FE10
src\clientdll\steamengine.cpp (3114) : Assertion Failed: Attempt to call interface with invalid hSteamUser /+/ 1, appid=1326470, hpipe=131073, inprocess, thread=432
src\common\interfacemap.cpp (890) : Assertion Failed: IPC call to IClientHTTP::ReleaseHTTPRequest returned failure code 12
src\clientdll\steamengine.cpp (3114) : Assertion Failed: Attempt to call interface with invalid hSteamUser /+/ 1, appid=1326470, hpipe=131073, inprocess, thread=432
0024:fixme:iphlpapi:CancelIPChangeNotify (overlapped 0000000058B70220): stub
src\common\interfacemap.cpp (890) : Assertion Failed: IPC call to IClientHTTP::ReleaseHTTPRequest returned failure code 12
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work complete queue not empty, 2 items discarded.
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work processing queue not empty: 1 items discarded.
#DSE Invalid public ip [0.0.0.0]
#DSE [Self-Tests] [Networking] Failed to get public ip from Steam.
#DSE [Self-Tests] Please restart the server.

4 minutes ago, Maxplosive said:

Like this? Left external host empty.

image.png.a82b0a15606eeb8f47c6825d3c2775cc.png

Now I get the Failed to get public ip error again:

{
  "IpAddress": "0.0.0.0",
  "GamePort": 8766,
  "QueryPort": 27016,
  "BlobSyncPort": 9700,
  "ServerName": "Test",
  "MaxPlayers": 8,
  "Password": "test",
  "LanOnly": false,
  "SaveSlot": 1,
  "SaveMode": "Continue",
  "GameMode": "Normal",
  "SaveInterval": 600,
  "IdleDayCycleSpeed": 0.0,
  "IdleTargetFramerate": 5,
  "ActiveTargetFramerate": 60,
  "LogFilesEnabled": false,
  "TimestampLogFilenames": true,
  "TimestampLogEntries": true,
  "SkipNetworkAccessibilityTest": false,
  "GameSettings": {},
  "CustomGameModeSettings": {}
}
#DSL [Self-Tests] [Config] Dedicated Server configuration file is valid.
#DSL [Self-Tests] [Networking] Testing public accessibility...
01b0:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0000000058B70218, overlapped 0000000058B70220): stub
01d0:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
01d0:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 000000006E7A0E80, 000000000266CAF0, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 0000000000000000, 0
01d0:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 000000006E7A0E80
01d0:fixme:wbemprox:enum_class_object_Next timeout not supported
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 1326470
01d8:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetThreadInitializationType FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFA, 000000005B42FE10
0024:fixme:iphlpapi:CancelIPChangeNotify (overlapped 0000000058B70220): stub
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work complete queue not empty, 2 items discarded.
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work processing queue not empty: 1 items discarded.
#DSE Invalid public ip [0.0.0.0]
#DSE [Self-Tests] [Networking] Failed to get public ip from Steam.
#DSE [Self-Tests] Please restart the server.

No steam user in my docker image.thumb.png.93826f75a5c6c9483528adf2da3247b2.png