[Support] SpaceinvaderOne - Macinabox


1851 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Hey all,

 

Has anyone here gotten a 5700 to pass through in a MacOS VM? I cannot for the life of me get it to work. I set up a Big Sur VM with the new Macinabox and was able to get it to work fine with VNC.

However, as soon as I switched it to 5700 passthrough, it refuses to work. I can see the Apple logo go to about 33% but then it the screen just goes blank. I have added agdpmod=pikera to the NVRAM boot-args.

 

The GPU passes through fine with a W10 VM (minus the reset bug). I know it's something simple that I'm missing but just can't seem to figure it out. Your help is greatly appreciate as I need to make my daily driver.

 

Update: I got it to work. I was putting the "agdpmod=pikera" flag in the wrong section. DOH!

Edited by jiggad369
Link to post
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE EVERYONE POSTING IN THIS THREAD IF YOU POST YOUR XML FOR THE VM HERE PLEASE REMOVE/OBSCURE THE OSK KEY AT THE BOTTOM. IT IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE FORUM FOR OSK K

09 Dec 2020   Basic usage instructions.   Macinabox needs the following other apps to be installed. CA User Scripts (macinabox will inject a user script. This is what fixes th

Do you like this for an icon? I think its appropriate.

Posted Images

ok, after some reading and may taking a look what could be the reason(s) for no audio, here some things i tried in opencore configurator after changing to multifunction like @SpaceInvaderOne suggested.

 

under Devices i added this device (was not there)

image.thumb.png.d184e99f13e37714a7482527ff641824.png

 

under Kernel i enabled this Audio patch, was disabled before

image.thumb.png.29982b4111e81bca697d61d94e266139.png

 

under UEFI i setted PlayChime to auto (was off before) and ticked AudioSupport

image.thumb.png.4c894846654a48605bfd5982e9a93dca.png

 

of course rebooted after each step

 

so now i am at the end what u unknown apple user could look for ;), under devices in macos overview there is still no audio device listed

 

i also reinstalled the driver once, tested on hdmi and DP, but as there is not even a device listed i guess makes no sence to look for drivers or connections,

even its listed as PCI device now ... but not as audio ...

 

image.png.ef564233bcb5aa14629a4646d5ba6be5.png

 

image.png.d79f3b4731dabb0525ff8b0d721c02c9.png

 

if somebody has another idea ;) thanks ahead

Link to post

So i installed everything but now i want to use my Apple ID but i can't, a window open with the message, communication with server is not possible. Anyone an idea?

 

Is it possible to autostart Bigsur? i want to use it with remote

Edited by txcpaul
Link to post
1 hour ago, txcpaul said:

So i installed everything but now i want to use my Apple ID but i can't, a window open with the message, communication with server is not possible. Anyone an idea?

Have you made sure the serial number of your VM is not a valid one, as shown in the video?

 

1 hour ago, txcpaul said:

Is it possible to autostart Bigsur? i want to use it with remote

If you mean you don't want to have to press Return at the boot loader screen there's a link on the previous page describing how to do that using the OpenCore Configurator.

 

Link to post

Hey All,

 

Upon starting from scratch using the latest Macinabox docker, I keep getting Catalina installer when I select Big Sur in the template. Is anyone else having this issue? I've tried to delete everything and starting from scratch about 5 times now and it keeps pulling up Catalina.

 

Update: Method 2 pulled the right installer.

Edited by jiggad369
Link to post

Use the 2. option to install it. 

 

So i had to change in Virtmanager from e1000 to virtio, i don't know why but after i could use my ID, thx John_M it's working with direct boot now.

But now i have another issue, if I'm going to use my GPU 1060, the system is in slow motion, i tried with the gpu bios dump and without, in Windows the GPU is running without any problems. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, jiggad369 said:

Hey All,

 

Upon starting from scratch using the latest Macinabox docker, I keep getting Catalina installer when I select Big Sur in the template. Is anyone else having this issue? I've tried to delete everything and starting from scratch about 5 times now and it keeps pulling up Catalina.

 

Update: Method 2 pulled the right installer.

I'm having the exact same issue. Frustrating...I've verified I don't have any Catalina install images on my array, so no clue where it is coming from unless it is downloading the wrong thing

Link to post
On 12/22/2020 at 8:43 AM, alturismo said:

ok, after some reading and may taking a look what could be the reason(s) for no audio, here some things i tried in opencore configurator after changing to multifunction like @SpaceInvaderOne suggested.

 

under Devices i added this device (was not there)

 

under Kernel i enabled this Audio patch, was disabled before

 

 

under UEFI i setted PlayChime to auto (was off before) and ticked AudioSupport

 

of course rebooted after each step

 

so now i am at the end what u unknown apple user could look for ;), under devices in macos overview there is still no audio device listed

 

i also reinstalled the driver once, tested on hdmi and DP, but as there is not even a device listed i guess makes no sence to look for drivers or connections,

even its listed as PCI device now ... but not as audio ...

 

if somebody has another idea ;) thanks ahead

thanks to @derpuma who pointed me to voodooHDA to bypass now the issue and audio via hdmi is working without any changes needed to EFI etc ... works directly after installation and reboot. tested with a fresh install (without all my already done mods).

 

so in case anyone has also no hdmi audio issue with nvidia 1030 on high sierra and cant find a solution ... may as hint thanks to @derpuma

Link to post

Hello, I've been trying to install Big Sur using Macinabox on my server and after I run the helper script and go to run the VM I get the following error:

 

operation failed: unable to find any master var store for loader: /mnt/user/system/custom_ovmf/Macinabox_CODE-pure-efi.fd

image.png.b2d5741e53e87d3458f86d5a502e9dc2.png

Has anyone dealt with this error and know how to fix it. Two things to note I am running a Ryzen 3 3200g (4 cores 4 threads) so maybe there is some incompatibility issue although I doubt it. Also I have previously tried switching the allocated cores from 0 and 1 to 2 and 3 and gotten the VM started but I just get a static screen with an apple logo (no loading/progress bar) when I open it in VNC and nothing happens. Maybe it's because I have another windows VM that uses cores 2 and 3 (I did not have that VM on during install or starting the Maxinabox VM). Not sure what's going one please help!

Link to post
1 hour ago, rohram04 said:

Hello, I've been trying to install Big Sur using Macinabox on my server and after I run the helper script and go to run the VM I get the following error:

 

operation failed: unable to find any master var store for loader: /mnt/user/system/custom_ovmf/Macinabox_CODE-pure-efi.fd

image.png.b2d5741e53e87d3458f86d5a502e9dc2.png

Has anyone dealt with this error and know how to fix it. Two things to note I am running a Ryzen 3 3200g (4 cores 4 threads) so maybe there is some incompatibility issue although I doubt it. Also I have previously tried switching the allocated cores from 0 and 1 to 2 and 3 and gotten the VM started but I just get a static screen with an apple logo (no loading/progress bar) when I open it in VNC and nothing happens. Maybe it's because I have another windows VM that uses cores 2 and 3 (I did not have that VM on during install or starting the Maxinabox VM). Not sure what's going one please help!

I also got that error. I deleted the custom_ovmf folder and started over.

I would also set it up using the default configuration - it will be slow, but it will work - and then once the OS is installed and working, you can edit the hardware, edit the helper script and run it again. That's what I've just done - trying to give the machine more cores and running helper before the initial setup was done did not work for me.

Link to post
On 12/22/2020 at 6:15 PM, dja said:

I'm having the exact same issue. Frustrating...I've verified I don't have any Catalina install images on my array, so no clue where it is coming from unless it is downloading the wrong thing

Check the Installation with Method2

Link to post
6 hours ago, MorsePacific said:

I also got that error. I deleted the custom_ovmf folder and started over.

I would also set it up using the default configuration - it will be slow, but it will work - and then once the OS is installed and working, you can edit the hardware, edit the helper script and run it again. That's what I've just done - trying to give the machine more cores and running helper before the initial setup was done did not work for me.

Thank You so much, it worked! I deleted the ovmf file, and then had to switch to method 2 and run the helper script.

Edited by rohram04
Link to post
On 12/22/2020 at 12:15 PM, dja said:

I'm having the exact same issue. Frustrating...I've verified I don't have any Catalina install images on my array, so no clue where it is coming from unless it is downloading the wrong thing

I have tried changing to method 2 and it still defaults to catalina. Does anyone know what to do?

Link to post
13 hours ago, alturismo said:

thanks to @derpuma who pointed me to voodooHDA to bypass now the issue and audio via hdmi is working without any changes needed to EFI etc ... works directly after installation and reboot. tested with a fresh install (without all my already done mods).

 

so in case anyone has also no hdmi audio issue with nvidia 1030 on high sierra and cant find a solution ... may as hint thanks to @derpuma

Was there any trick to getting this installed? I have copied the voodooHDA kext to the kext folder and also added the kext file to the kernel.

Link to post
On 12/16/2020 at 5:49 PM, WeiYanZhen said:

OH!! GOD!! I think I solved the problem of Missing GOP in GPU passthrough on my PC.

I am very excited at this monment, So let me talk about what I did

  1. My MB is MSI B450m Motar MAX, it's doesn't need to close CSM, just boot unraid in UEFI mode :)
  2. My GPU is RX5500 XT so i add agdpmod=pikera in the NVRAM boot-args of the config.plist
    i have add the vbios in the xml config(but i don't think so it's the reason) from TechpowerUP
    image.png.f01fa3617f9e201a4e0eebd3dc4cb3d8.png 
  3.  

Hi WeiYanThen,

 

how did you add the agdpmod = pikera in opencore?

Link to post
On 12/22/2020 at 11:26 PM, jiggad369 said:

I'm getting the same.

 

On 12/20/2020 at 6:47 PM, steve1977 said:

And yet another issue:

 

2020-12-20 18:18:35,036 Selected macOS Product: 001-86606
/Macinabox/unraid.sh: line 273: /Macinabox/tools/FetchMacOS/BaseSystem/SharedSupport.dmg: Permission denied

 

Any thoughts?

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.