[Support] SpaceinvaderOne - Macinabox

2134 posts in this topic Last Reply

On 6/30/2021 at 7:58 AM, ghost82 said:

I'm afraid, still not supported, even in beta 4 11.5, nor in beta 2 monterey 12.0.

Hello ghost,

Considering that there’s still no 6700 xt driver is it possible to fool the os and make it think it’s a different gpu, one that is supported? If this is possible please share the method and also it it can harm my gpu. Thanks. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE EVERYONE POSTING IN THIS THREAD IF YOU POST YOUR XML FOR THE VM HERE PLEASE REMOVE/OBSCURE THE OSK KEY AT THE BOTTOM. IT IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE FORUM FOR OSK K

09 Dec 2020   Basic usage instructions.   Macinabox needs the following other apps to be installed. CA User Scripts (macinabox will inject a user script. This is what fixes th

Do you like this for an icon? I think its appropriate.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Ernie11 said:

Hello ghost,

Considering that there’s still no 6700 xt driver is it possible to fool the os and make it think it’s a different gpu, one that is supported? If this is possible please share the method and also it it can harm my gpu. Thanks. 

No, it's not possible. You need a driver to load and there is no driver for that gpu. Spoofing works if the driver lacks the specific model but it works when loaded, and unfortunately that is not the case for the 6700xt.

13 hours ago, ghost82 said:

No, it's not possible. You need a driver to load and there is no driver for that gpu. Spoofing works if the driver lacks the specific model but it works when loaded, and unfortunately that is not the case for the 6700xt.

🤕 

ok thanks

13 hours ago, Ernie11 said:

ok thanks

You need to be patient...there are traces in the code of the 6700xt..sooner or later it will be added, I'm quite sure.

navi22.png.d5fb5dd3ffe378994a00c1f0d6b4777c.png

Edited by ghost82
On 7/20/2021 at 2:17 PM, ghost82 said:

You need to be patient...there are traces in the code of the 6700xt..sooner or later it will be added, I'm quite sure.

navi22.png.d5fb5dd3ffe378994a00c1f0d6b4777c.png

I know I know I have to be patient. It’s just that my Mac Pro died and I’m Macless right now. Will keep my hopes up and checking the betas. Thanks 

On 6/30/2021 at 6:18 PM, privateer said:

Think I'm in the same place as you. I am running 11.2.1 - updated today to 11.4 and now I'm in a boot loop.

In 11.2 I had adjusted my cores, RAM, and some light edits to allow the iMessage service to work. Believe this was the config.plist. It took me a while to get everything up and running the first time for Big Sur.

Now I get a bootloop (but can still boot the old image). I'm new to Hackintosh. Can you give me some more basic steps and info about this new Penryn patch and what else I would need to do to allow the upgrade to be successful?

Thanks!

I had 11.2 with GT710 working fine, updated to 11.5 now login screen is not accepting mouse clicks. If I switch to VNC, everything works fine. I am using the same opencore vers as 11.2. I know 11.5 is new but the issue seems really odd. 

23 minutes ago, Hartless said:

Im having an issue where i can get the VM running but when I run the base system it will load a 1/3 of the way then reset back to this screen. ive checked the XML and ran he script provided. just at a loss.

image.thumb.png.57a952ce33e4c17fda459a9b62bf295c.png

Apply my pull request as described here:

https://github.com/SpaceinvaderOne/Macinabox/pull/49#issuecomment-873745079

You may need also this:

Edited by ghost82