Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Hello Everyone.

At the moment i´ve got an issue with "DYNAMIX AUTO FAN CONTROL" 

After i´ve set up everything its working fine. But after a restart, the picked drives have changed. I´ve also recognized that the short names for the drives changes every restart (sde / sdg / etc.)

Searched a lot in the Forum but haven't found an answer for it only people with the same issue.

so Hopefully someone can help me :) 

thanks in advance

Unbenannt.png

On 12/16/2023 at 11:31 AM, mathiasdoe said:

Same issue here, however it seems to shutdown instead of going to sleep like it should. Did you find a fix for this?
Edit: Only fix seems to be downgrading unraid.

I have downgraded my two UnRAID servers from 6.12.x to 6.11.5 and after initial tests the downgrade seems to have resolved my issues with sleep S3 (both servers now go to sleep when expected and wake up on WOL without issue). Fingers crossed, it will keep working that way. Unfortunately, as the plugin is unsupported and there is no alternative, this is the only only solution at the moment.

[EDIT: main downside at this stage: the community applications plugin doesn't install anymore as it requires 6.12.0 at a minimum. I'm sure it's the case of many other plugins.

Edited by Manni01
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,
I was wondering, I have two tesla P40 with custom shroud + cooling fan installed, I would love to control the fan speed depending on the gpus temperatures, I can control the fan with Dynamix System AutoFan but I can only control the speed depending on the hard drive temps, is there any way to control the two fans depending on the output of for example the gpu statistics plugins on unraid or from the output of nvidia-smi ?

1 hour ago, space192 said:

Hi everyone,
I was wondering, I have two tesla P40 with custom shroud + cooling fan installed, I would love to control the fan speed depending on the gpus temperatures, I can control the fan with Dynamix System AutoFan but I can only control the speed depending on the hard drive temps, is there any way to control the two fans depending on the output of for example the gpu statistics plugins on unraid or from the output of nvidia-smi ?

nope

Can anyone help me remove Dynamix System Autofan? At least, I think that's my issue. I'm trying to remove this dashboard widget.

image.thumb.png.3fef9d8d1feadc0562806c6307c293b5.png

After some research, I believe this is related Dynamix System Autofan, though it was not installed on my server (I may have installed it in the past.) I tried installing it, and then uninstalling it, but this widget remains. Is there a manual method to remove it by chance?

Can anyone help me remove Dynamix System Autofan? At least, I think that's my issue. I'm trying to remove this dashboard widget.
http://upload.forums.unraid.net/live/monthly_2024_01/image.thumb.png.3fef9d8d1feadc0562806c6307c293b5.png
After some research, I believe this is related Dynamix System Autofan, though it was not installed on my server (I may have installed it in the past.) I tried installing it, and then uninstalling it, but this widget remains. Is there a manual method to remove it by chance?

Thats the system temp plugin,

Hey Team,

Not sure if it's intended etc. and can't find anything specifically related. I have the Fan Auto Control working brilliantly, however it only appears to use the main array drives. The hottest running drive I have generally is the my cache (nvme) drive.

The main drive pages in Unraid show the temp of my nvme drives, and the fan control plugin shows those drives in the exclude list (which I obviously hasn't excluded). I wonder if someone could confirm if including the cache drive in the temp monitoring is just not supported or if I've got something I need to fix.

No idea what info specifically is useful in any investigation but I've attached diagnostics for now anyway.

Love the Dynamix plugins and use a few, so cheers for all the good work and TIA to anyone who can help me understand my dilemma!

artemis-diagnostics-20240122-1815.zip

nVME drives run hot the temp threshold is alot higher then a hdd. Including it will make your fan spin faster/louder. I use a heatsink on my nVME cache and it works well. If your nVME is not in your fans path then adding it will not result in what you think

I assume I know the answer to this but I have swapped my unraid build to run VIA proxmox. This way I can use my 5950x for other items but still have most cores used in unraid. I was hoping to be able to pass through something to allow the CPU to display but it doesnt seem possible. Im assuming this is the case but also curious if there is a solution. 

On 1/3/2024 at 6:43 AM, space192 said:

Hi everyone,

@space192 if the temps show up in sensors, or some other command line tool, and the fans are pwm controllable, you could write a script that runs on a schedule (1/x min), and adjusts the fan speed.  

Here is a similar script that I wrote for cpu temps that should be somewhat easily tweakable. 

On 1/23/2024 at 2:44 AM, spl147 said:

nVME drives run hot the temp threshold is alot higher then a hdd. Including it will make your fan spin faster/louder. I use a heatsink on my nVME cache and it works well. If your nVME is not in your fans path then adding it will not result in what you think

Fair point. I've had issues with temperature warnings on my NVME before and I noticed that the 2 NVME drives are part of the drive list returned within the script so I guess I had assumed I'd be able to use them on one of my fan sets to help bump the airflow if they were heading that way again. If they are cool, then the hdd's should be fine, but the other way around is less reliable (especially as my stack of 8 drives is at the front of the case so they get the first chance at cooler air coming in.

Is there a handy guide somebody could link on how to use the Fan Auto Control plugin? 
I've been playing around with it but I haven't been able to really figure out the relationship between the different variables. 

For context I have an all nvme nas, the fan is loud as hell, hence why I'm looking into the plugin. Playing with the plugin I was able to turn off the fan completely which is actually fine for the most part the thing does not overheat, but I'd want it to turn on if things did get hot. 

And frankly the fan RPM that result from me going up or down in the temp thresholds or pwm values seem pretty random to me. Any help would be appreciated :)

4 hours ago, diste66 said:

Is there a handy guide somebody could link on how to use the Fan Auto Control plugin? 
I've been playing around with it but I haven't been able to really figure out the relationship between the different variables. 

For context I have an all nvme nas, the fan is loud as hell, hence why I'm looking into the plugin. Playing with the plugin I was able to turn off the fan completely which is actually fine for the most part the thing does not overheat, but I'd want it to turn on if things did get hot. 

And frankly the fan RPM that result from me going up or down in the temp thresholds or pwm values seem pretty random to me. Any help would be appreciated :)

it's quite simple really:

Min PWM Value = the slowest you want to spin the fans when at or below LOW Temp Threshold ( play with this to find your prefered cooling/noise ratio)

LOW Temp Threshold = temp in witch the fans will spin down to Min PWM Value (temps the nVME drives idle at)

HIGH Temp Threshold = temp in witch the fans will spin up to 100% (max operating temp)

Refresh Interval = time in mins. to check drive temps (1 Min.)

fan speed changes are auto calculated based on min PWM value and LOW and HIGH thresholds

just a FYI nVME drives have much different max temp the HDD's, google you nvme to see

Edited by spl147

Hello!

Since i Upgraded to Basic Plan and changed the USBstick today, the "System Temp" doesnt detect my Processor sensor anymore. 

Same with "Fan Auto Control", it doenst find any PWM controllers anymore.

Any idea? 

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

Did you copy your config folder from the previous flash drive?

Hey, thanks for your answere. No tbh, i just followed the Guide and installed the Flash Backup with the Creation Tool.

But i think i just found the problem, i reinstalled the Nuvoton NCT6687 Driver and it is working again.

Thanks for your time. :)

I have some problems with the S3 Sleep plugin. It's a bit too eager to put the system into sleep.... ;-)

I have execute function on Sleep but no matter what options (Wait for array or Monitor Disks outside) I select it wil ALWAYS put computer to sleep after the Extra Delay after array inactivity.

My disks spin down after 30 mins. Extra delay is set to 5 mins. No matter if the array is active or not it puts my server to sleep after 5 mins. I tried enabling and disabling the "Wait for array inactivity" and select all of the array disks in "Monitor disks outside the array" but after 5 mins, computer goes to sleep.

Tried re-install but results are the same.