[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 6/18/2022 at 12:23 PM, daniel329 said:

Hello all,

I'm unable to get this image running. I can get to the setup page of Nextcloud but after entering the info I get a 504 error and then redirected to the setup page. I have to manually clear the AppData for nextcloud each time because if I keep trying it tells me the user already exists. The logs have this repeating message:

Exception: Not installed in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php:282
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(663): OC::checkInstalled()
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1104): OC::init()
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php(43): require_once('/config/www/nex...')
#3 {main}

I've searched and haven't come up with any solutions. I did notice the download from Community Applications was quite slow but maybe the servers are just under load. Thanks!

Did you figure out what was causing this? I am having the same problem.

3 hours ago, almus said:

Did you figure out what was causing this? I am having the same problem.

Likely a permissions issue with the location - should have "drwxr-xr-x" perms for the nextcloud appdata dir, and if running as PUID/PGID 99/100, then ownership of that directory should be "nobody:users". If that's not the case, I'd correct the permissions and re-attempt, ensuring as little customization as possible (e.g. use the built in database to trial it, and if this works correctly, then the issue is likely related to whichever DB/web proxy container you're running).

Edited by BVD
13 hours ago, blaine07 said:

Did you update to most recent docker tag today? What does it not do; nothing strikingly sticks Out on your log snippet…

Sorry, meant to say that I'm getting an "Internal Server Error" when I try to access the webgui.  This is the same whether trying to access remotely or natively from within the lan direct with the IP address, so I doubt it's a NGINX proxy issue.

I posted what I hope to be a single place to reference for performance related tuning/information over in the guides/general section which had a couple pieces I thought were applicable, so I figured I'd cross post the relevant bits here - it goes into a great deal of the performance tuning one might wish to undertake with LSIO's Nextcloud+Postgres+Nginx containers, and I'm posting here in hopes that it can help some folks and reaches the right audience:

• Postgres - My recommendation for nextcloud's backing database - guide to keeping your applications performance snappy using PG to back systems with millions of files, 10's or even hundreds of applications, and how to monitor and tune for your specific HW with your unique combination of applications
  • Nextcloud - Using nextcloud, onlyoffice, elasticsearch, redis, postgres, nginx, some custom cron tasks, and customization of the linuxserver container (...and zfs) to get highly performant app responsiveness even while using apps like facial recognition, full text search, and online office file editing (among many others). I've collaborated some with the Ibracorp folks on their work towards an eventual nextcloud guide to help with some performance stuff, along with my notes as something of a 'first draft' for their written version, so hopefully there'll be something of a video version of this eventually for those who prefer that. Haven't finished documenting the whole of the facial recog part, nor elasticsearch.

Just for some context:

I've migrated my entire family off of google drive using nextcloud, including my dad's contracting business and my wife's small wfh custom clothing shop, have about 1.1m files across 11 users (all of which are doing automatic phone photo and contacts backups) and 16 linked devices between phones and computers, and 17 calendars - the time for initial login page is less than a second, and scrolling through even the photos in gallery mode is almost instantaneous. Super impressed with the Nextcloud dev's work!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I tried updating using the built in updater, which I've done several times before, but this time it completely broke the container.

It's stuck on

Step 6 is currently in process. Please reload this page later.

Which is the "Extracting" segment. It just stays on that forever.

Edited by Stubbs
On 8/5/2022 at 3:49 PM, Stubbs said:

I tried updating using the built in updater, which I've done several times before, but this time it completely broke the container.

It's stuck on

Step 6 is currently in process. Please reload this page later.

Which is the "Extracting" segment. It just stays on that forever.

Be patient with it. Update is cantankerous at best. Standard procedure for me is start the update process. Wait untul the crash. Press the back button to go back to previous menu. (The update menu) Wait.  It is still performing the update. Try again. If the procedure is still in progress, press back and wait some more. Eventually you will get back to the update procedure and it will be waiting at the next step.  Press continue and repeat above as long as it hasnt passed maintenance mode.

If it has passed maintenance mode, dont go back. Just wait for a while, then try again.  You should get there eventually.

On 5/26/2022 at 1:35 PM, backfmar said:

I have exactly the same Problem and don't know how to fix...

Movie preview generation failed Output: {"0":"ffmpeg version 4.4.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2021 the FFmpeg developers","1":" built with gcc 10.3.1 (Alpine 10.3.1_git20210424) 20210424","2":" configuration: --prefix=/usr --enable-avresample --enable-avfilter --enable-gnutls --enable-gpl --enable-libass --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libtheora --enable-libv4l2 --enable-libdav1d --enable-postproc --enable-pic --enable-pthreads --enable-shared --enable-libxcb --enable-libsrt --enable-libssh --enable-libvidstab --disable-stripping --disable-static --disable-librtmp --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-libopus --enable-vulkan --enable-libsoxr --enable-libwebp --enable-libaom --disable-debug","3":" libavutil 56. 70.100 / 56. 70.100","4":" libavcodec 58.134.100 / 58.134.100","5":" libavformat 58. 76.100 / 58. 76.100","6":" libavdevice 58. 13.100 / 58. 13.100","7":" libavfilter 7.110.100 / 7.110.100","8":" libavresample 4. 0. 0 / 4. 0. 0","9":" libswscale 5. 9.100 / 5. 9.100","10":" libswresample 3. 9.100 / 3. 9.100","11":" libpostproc 55. 9.100 / 55. 9.100","12":"Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2

Still existing, nobody can help?

18 minutes ago, backfmar said:

Still existing, nobody can help?

may try the Linuxserver discord channel, or may even start at the Nextcloud Forums 1st ... as this is more a App specific issue and not unraid docker specific ... may be like due its alpine based, but also therefore you will get more help elsewhere.

Recently had to reboot my server, but now Nextcloud won't fully start and keeps spitting the following out to the docker log. What's this pool that must be defined?

[11-Aug-2022 17:09:20] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
[11-Aug-2022 17:09:21] ERROR: No pool defined. at least one pool section must be specified in config file
[11-Aug-2022 17:09:21] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[11-Aug-2022 17:09:21] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
[11-Aug-2022 17:09:22] ERROR: No pool defined. at least one pool section must be specified in config file
[11-Aug-2022 17:09:22] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[11-Aug-2022 17:09:22] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
[11-Aug-2022 17:09:23] ERROR: No pool defined. at least one pool section must be specified in config file
[11-Aug-2022 17:09:23] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[11-Aug-2022 17:09:23] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

Apparently I just had to keep restarting my container until it stuck, as it's working now.

Edited by TrikkStar
Update

I've updated to NC24 recently, but since then the Security Check or Code Integrity Check always returns 'Error occurred while checking server setup'. If I look in the logs there are no errors and/or warnings. I was wondering is there someone out there with the same problem, or perhaps had the same problem in the past and knows the solution for it?

Hi all, I'm now really struggling to fix my Nextcloud. It was working perfectly for months, but unfortunately my son turned off my server and since then I'm lost.

I'm using Nginx Proxy manager & Cloudflare tunnels with my own domain. Need to say that I've managed to fix all other applications running like that (Sonarr, Radarr, SABnzbd...), nextcloud is the only one not working.

217810488_2022-08-14135741.thumb.png.ba1b6a541e73c5296dba664dede012f5.png

Nginx Proxy setup

411710597_2022-08-14135921.thumb.png.a912b95c3dff2d31816b2f8fbd1ab339.png

Nextcloud config

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'SET BUT CHANGED BECAUSE OF PRIVACY',
  'passwordsalt' => 'SET BUT CHANGED BECAUSE OF PRIVACY',
  'secret' => 'SET BUT CHANGED BECAUSE OF PRIVACY',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.9.187:444',
	1 => 'nextcloud.MYDOMAIN.XYZ',
   ),
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.MYDOMAIN.XYZ',
  'overwritehost'     => 'nextcloud.MYDOMAIN.XYZ',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '22.1.1.2',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.9.187:3306',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'SET BUT CHANGED BECAUSE OF PRIVACY',
  'dbpassword' => 'SET BUT CHANGED BECAUSE OF PRIVACY',
  'installed' => true,
  'maintenance' => false,
);

If I remove overwrite.cli.url; overwritehost; overwriteprotocol I can access nextcloud through IP correctly. But when I try to set it up with nginx and cloudflare tunnel, I will get:

400 Bad Request

The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port

I'd appreciate if you could point me in the right direction..

On 8/14/2022 at 2:10 PM, matus said:

If I remove overwrite.cli.url; overwritehost; overwriteprotocol I can access nextcloud through IP correctly. But when I try to set it up with nginx and cloudflare tunnel, I will get:

I'd appreciate if you could point me in the right direction..

I'm also using Nginx Proxy manager. I had a look at my config file.

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.MYDOMAIN.XYZ', 
'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.MYDOMAIN.XYZ', 
'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

'overwritehost', 'overwriteprotocol' is not in my config, and overwrite.cli.url is set to host ip like

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://192.168.9.187:444',

my Nginx Proxy manager is pointing to the "https" ip of my nextcloud container and i use the settings under SSL to force https.

Hello,

I am having issues running the OCC commands and not sure where to go from here. I am using mariadb. 

The first command I ran: php occ files:scan -all

error states:

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: could not find driver in /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:139

Stack trace below

Stack trace:
#0 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1519): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1041): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getWrappedConnection()
#2 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(261): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeQuery('SELECT * FROM `...', Array, Array, NULL)
#3 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Query/QueryBuilder.php(345): OC\DB\Connection->executeQuery('SELECT * FROM `...', Array, Array)
#4 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(281): Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder->execute()
#5 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(411): OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder->execute()
#6 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(176): OC\AppConfig->loadConfigValues()
#7 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(367): OC\AppConfig->getApps()
#8 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php(983): OC\AppConfig->getValues(false, 'installed_versi...')
#9 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(713): OC_App::getAppVersions()
#10 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#11 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#12 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet('OC\\Memcache\\Fac...')
#13 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('OC\\Memcache\\Fac...', false)
#14 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query('OC\\Memcache\\Fac...')
#15 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(184): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get('OC\\Memcache\\Fac...')
#16 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#17 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#18 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet('OCP\\ICacheFacto...')
#19 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('OCP\\ICacheFacto...', false)
#20 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query('OCP\\ICacheFacto...')
#21 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1105): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get('OCP\\ICacheFacto...')
#22 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#23 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#24 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet('OCP\\Lock\\ILocki...')
#25 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('OCP\\Lock\\ILocki...', false)
#26 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query('OCP\\Lock\\ILocki...')
#27 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(2082): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get('OCP\\Lock\\ILocki...')
#28 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php(122): OC\Server->getLockingProvider()
#29 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(454): OC\Files\View->__construct()
#30 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#31 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#32 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet('OC\\Files\\Node\\H...')
#33 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('OC\\Files\\Node\\H...', false)
#34 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query('OC\\Files\\Node\\H...')
#35 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1445): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get('OC\\Files\\Node\\H...')
#36 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(602): OC\Server->boot()
#37 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1104): OC::init()
#38 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/console.php(48): require_once('/mnt/user/appda...')
#39 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/mnt/user/appda...')

I tried running updater.phar but get same error as above. php -m returns as follows. From reading nextcloud documentation I need pdo_mysql which I think I have?

[PHP Modules]
bz2
Core
ctype
curl
date
dba
dom
fileinfo
filter
gmp
hash
json
libvirt
libxml
mbstring
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
posix
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
sockets
SPL
sqlite3
standard
zlib

Not sure where to go from here, any guidance is appreciated! 

On 8/11/2022 at 2:11 PM, TrikkStar said:

Recently had to reboot my server, but now Nextcloud won't fully start and keeps spitting the following out to the docker log. What's this pool that must be defined?

Apparently I just had to keep restarting my container until it stuck, as it's working now.

I'm running into this exact issue, but restarting it has not yet fixed it.

• Confused 1

Howdy all,

HTTP ERROR 500 - After installing App

After installing a search app via the plugin within nextcloud, I received an error message in nextcloud that the server was unstable. I power-cycled the nextcloud docker (in unraid), and now I see this error message. 

I believe that I need to use the terminal in the Nextcloud Docker in UnRaid to uninstall the app? Problem is, I don't know how. I am struggling just to find the directory of nextcloud. Well after a few hours of cramming , i finally I believe found the nextcloud directory in the Docker terminal. I am confused what this means:   root@a168f31971fd: and a168f31971fd  The directory is: a168f31971fd:/config/www/nextcloud#

I tried to run the following command: 

a168f31971fd:/config/www/nextcloud# sudo -u www-data php occ app:disable fulltextsearch
sudo: unknown user: www-data
sudo: error initializing audit plugin sudoers_audit

I installed Unraid and then nextCloud last week. It's been a fast pace learning curve. Not knowing commands or even how to navigate the file system really suxs. 

Being that I am such a newbie, I want to learn. I am soaking up all the information on this forum and the web. Please forgive my ignorance. I am in the process of learning about nextcloud file structure and Linux in general. Do you have recommendations on a tutorial, video, or the like that would guide a person with little to no knowledge?

Edited by Sabot
7 hours ago, Sabot said:

I believe that I need to use the terminal in the Nextcloud Docker in UnRaid to uninstall the app? Problem is, I don't know how. I am struggling just to find the directory of nextcloud

On the Docker tab click on your Nextcloud instance and select Console, that's how you open a CLI in the actual container.

• Thanks 1

SOLVED

I’ve been searching and testing various commands. Even as frustrating as this has been, it’s the best way for me to learn. I just found this command, and it worked for me:

root@a168f31971fd:/config/www/nextcloud# occ app:list

root@a168f31971fd:/config/www/nextcloud# occ app:disable fulltextsearch
fulltextsearch 24.0.0 disabled

So so simple, yet I made it difficult! 

Edited by Sabot

Tried updating Nextcloud. I am stuck at level 6 and not proceeding. 

Log is as follows:

cont-init: info: running /etc/cont-init.d/99-custom-files
cont-init: info: /etc/cont-init.d/99-custom-files exited 0
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service init-mods: starting
s6-rc: info: service init-mods successfully started
s6-rc: info: service init-mods-package-install: starting
s6-rc: info: service init-mods-package-install successfully started
s6-rc: info: service init-mods-end: starting
s6-rc: info: service init-mods-end successfully started
s6-rc: info: service init-services: starting
s6-rc: info: service init-services successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun cron (no readiness notification)
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun nginx (no readiness notification)
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun php-fpm (no readiness notification)
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
s6-rc: info: service 99-ci-service-check: starting
s6-rc: info: service 99-ci-service-check successfully started
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[ls.io-init] done.
Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php
Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thank you.