[Support] Linuxserver.io - Ombi

Whoever decided to push the unfinished v4 to everyone is an asshole. Things are broken and there is no voting at all. THANKS FOR THAT

You're more than welcome to contribute to it.... it is free and open source after all.

https://github.com/Ombi-app/Ombi

How to improve you’re WiFi repeater signal:

Step 1: throw repeater in trash.
Step 2: never buy a repeater/extender ever again.
Step 3: ?
Step 4: profit.
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, HH0718 said:

You're more than welcome to contribute to it.... it is free and open source after all.

https://github.com/Ombi-app/Ombi

If you don't know what you're talking about... Don't talk. "Wireless professional" hahahahaha

Edited by TR1GGA187
If you don't know what you're talking about... Don't talk. "Wireless professional" hahahahaha

Is that supposed to be funny?

3 hours ago, TR1GGA187 said:

Whoever decided to push the unfinished v4 to everyone is an asshole. Things are broken and there is no voting at all. THANKS FOR THAT

That 'asshole' would be me. 

Please keep in mind that I have a full time demanding job, a child, a 10 month old and a wife outside of what I do in ombi. All of my free time is pretty much dedicated to working on the product. V4 was released as it's more stable than v3 and I needed to release.it at some point or I never would have. If you are not happy with it then I suggest your stick to v3 and if you want the voting feature ported faster, then you submit a PR or be able to contribute in some other way. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, tidusjar said:

That 'asshole' would be me. 

Please keep in mind that I have a full time demanding job, a child, a 10 month old and a wife outside of what I do in ombi. All of my free time is pretty much dedicated to working on the product. V4 was released as it's more stable than v3 and I needed to release.it at some point or I never would have. If you are not happy with it then I suggest your stick to v3 and if you want the voting feature ported faster, then you submit a PR or be able to contribute in some other way. 

Your definitely not the assholes here....

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a warning that my docker image was at 79%.  Looking at my container size  I saw the Ombi log is at 18G.  I deleted the container and reinstalled.  That fixed the problem.  Is there a way to turn off logging or limit the log file size?

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 9.51.25 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to set this up, but for a few older family members.  But unless I'm missing something, non of these "linked" plex requests systems can be integrated into a normal users "requesters" plex app ui in the form of channel, plugin or anthing can it? For example:  Plex>Movies>TV>Photos>Live TV>Ombi  all there accessable from within the standard plexapp? 

Just today noticed that a recent update seems to have broken my ability to approve requests. I've been on V4 for some time now. Basically the screen dithers and it looks like its popping up my approval button too far below the screen as I can barely see the box. Is anyone else running into this? I tried from my desktop and mobile. Also tried switching from the dev docker repo back to the stable as well to no avail.

Edit: Appears to be a known issue: https://github.com/Ombi-app/Ombi/issues/4208

Edited by chiefo
Prevent Double post
On 5/20/2021 at 3:29 AM, baracas said:

I was going to set this up, but for a few older family members.  But unless I'm missing something, non of these "linked" plex requests systems can be integrated into a normal users "requesters" plex app ui in the form of channel, plugin or anthing can it? For example:  Plex>Movies>TV>Photos>Live TV>Ombi  all there accessable from within the standard plexapp? 

From what I can tell there is no easy way to do that as Plex has killed plugin support.  Ombi is an external manager for requests.  You can setup a domain name and push it to your Ombi server or there is an app that can connect to it.  You can have it linked with the users Plex account, so it will use Plex OAuth for them to sign in.

Edited by Malo

Hello everyone!  Now that Ombi stable is v4, I am really interested in migrating away from Ombi development branch.  Does anyone have experience with this or recommendations on how to do this safely and with minimal effort?  FWIW I am using mariadb container as my Ombi database and have the latest versions of both installed.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TrueImpulse said:

Has anyone else been having stability issues since the switch to V4? I keep having issues where you cant log in saying wrong password or requests don't go though. Only restating the container temporarily gets it going for maybe a day.

It's possible you are hitting sqlite database locks. Reach out on discord and we can assist in working out what's going on

Ombi v4 stopped working for me suddenly within the last week or so I noticed. It is having issues connecting to radarr. Here's what I see in the Ombi logs:

2021-06-16 14:15:00.241 -04:00 [Debug] Calling Execute on job DVR.IRadarrSync
2021-06-16 14:15:06.253 -04:00 [Error] StatusCode: NotFound, Reason: Not Found, RequestUri: http://192.168.86.143:7878/api/movie
2021-06-16 14:15:07.042 -04:00 [Error] Failed caching queued items from Radarr
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Cannot deserialize the current JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) into type 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Ombi.Api.Radarr.Models.MovieResponse]' because the type requires a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) to deserialize correctly.
To fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) or change the deserialized type so that it is a normal .NET type (e.g. not a primitive type like integer, not a collection type like an array or List<T>) that can be deserialized from a JSON object. JsonObjectAttribute can also be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON object.
Path 'message', line 2, position 12.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Ombi.Api.Api.Request[T](Request request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Ombi.Api.Radarr.RadarrApi.GetMovies(String apiKey, String baseUrl)
   at Ombi.Schedule.Jobs.Radarr.RadarrSync.Execute(IJobExecutionContext job)
2021-06-16 14:15:07.042 -04:00 [Debug] Trigger instruction : NoInstruction
2021-06-16 14:15:28.365 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:15:55.465 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:16:23.755 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:16:32.403 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 1 triggers
2021-06-16 14:16:32.523 -04:00 [Debug] Calling Execute on job DVR.IArrAvailabilityChecker
2021-06-16 14:16:32.523 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:16:32.524 -04:00 [Debug] Trigger instruction : NoInstruction
2021-06-16 14:16:32.547 -04:00 [Debug] Trigger instruction : DeleteTrigger
2021-06-16 14:16:32.547 -04:00 [Debug] Deleting trigger
2021-06-16 14:16:56.634 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:17:23.502 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:17:49.019 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:18:13.249 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:18:39.057 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:19:06.476 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:19:35.783 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:20:04.695 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:20:34.385 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:21:01.126 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:21:27.994 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:21:55.022 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:22:23.185 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:22:51.110 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:23:18.253 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:23:48.189 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:24:16.038 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:24:39.627 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:25:05.433 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:25:31.708 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:25:56.899 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:26:21.088 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:26:46.689 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:26:56.151 -04:00 [Information] Start processing HTTP request "GET" https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tidusjar/Ombi.News/main/README.md
2021-06-16 14:26:56.154 -04:00 [Information] Sending HTTP request "GET" https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tidusjar/Ombi.News/main/README.md
2021-06-16 14:26:56.306 -04:00 [Information] Received HTTP response headers after 141.9942ms - 200
2021-06-16 14:26:56.307 -04:00 [Information] End processing HTTP request after 411.1819ms - 200
2021-06-16 14:27:05.135 -04:00 [Error] StatusCode: NotFound, Reason: Not Found, RequestUri: http://192.168.86.143:7878/api/profile
2021-06-16 14:27:05.135 -04:00 [Error] StatusCode: NotFound, Reason: Not Found, RequestUri: http://192.168.86.143:7878/api/rootfolder
2021-06-16 14:27:05.351 -04:00 [Error] Something bad happened, ErrorMiddleware caught this
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Cannot deserialize the current JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) into type 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Ombi.Api.Radarr.Models.RadarrRootFolder]' because the type requires a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) to deserialize correctly.
To fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) or change the deserialized type so that it is a normal .NET type (e.g. not a primitive type like integer, not a collection type like an array or List<T>) that can be deserialized from a JSON object. JsonObjectAttribute can also be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON object.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Ombi.Api.Api.Request[T](Request request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Ombi.Api.Radarr.RadarrApi.GetRootFolders(String apiKey, String baseUrl)
   at Ombi.Controllers.V1.External.RadarrController.GetRootFolders(RadarrSettings settings)
   at lambda_method6943(Closure , Object )
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.AwaitableObjectResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionMethodAsync>g__Awaited|12_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, ValueTask`1 actionResultValueTask)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeNextActionFilterAsync>g__Awaited|10_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeInnerFilterAsync>g__Awaited|13_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeNextResourceFilter>g__Awaited|24_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.Rethrow(ResourceExecutedContextSealed context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeFilterPipelineAsync>g__Awaited|19_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeAsync>g__Awaited|17_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task task, IDisposable scope)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointMiddleware.<Invoke>g__AwaitRequestTask|6_0(Endpoint endpoint, Task requestTask, ILogger logger)
   at Swashbuckle.AspNetCore.SwaggerUI.SwaggerUIMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Swashbuckle.AspNetCore.Swagger.SwaggerMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, ISwaggerProvider swaggerProvider)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.Policy.AuthorizationMiddlewareResultHandler.HandleAsync(RequestDelegate next, HttpContext context, AuthorizationPolicy policy, PolicyAuthorizationResult authorizeResult)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.AuthorizationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Ombi.ApiKeyMiddlewear.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Ombi.ErrorHandlingMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
2021-06-16 14:27:05.351 -04:00 [Error] Something bad happened, ErrorMiddleware caught this
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Cannot deserialize the current JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) into type 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Ombi.Api.Radarr.Models.RadarrProfile]' because the type requires a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) to deserialize correctly.
   at Ombi.Api.Radarr.RadarrApi.GetProfiles(String apiKey, String baseUrl)
   at Ombi.Controllers.V1.External.RadarrController.GetProfiles(RadarrSettings settings)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.TaskOfIActionResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionMethodAsync>g__Awaited|12_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, ValueTask`1 actionResultValueTask)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeNextActionFilterAsync>g__Awaited|10_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeInnerFilterAsync>g__Awaited|13_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeNextResourceFilter>g__Awaited|24_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.Rethrow(ResourceExecutedContextSealed context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeFilterPipelineAsync>g__Awaited|19_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeAsync>g__Awaited|17_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task task, IDisposable scope)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointMiddleware.<Invoke>g__AwaitRequestTask|6_0(Endpoint endpoint, Task requestTask, ILogger logger)
   at Swashbuckle.AspNetCore.SwaggerUI.SwaggerUIMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Swashbuckle.AspNetCore.Swagger.SwaggerMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, ISwaggerProvider swaggerProvider)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.Policy.AuthorizationMiddlewareResultHandler.HandleAsync(RequestDelegate next, HttpContext context, AuthorizationPolicy policy, PolicyAuthorizationResult authorizeResult)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.AuthorizationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Ombi.ApiKeyMiddlewear.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Ombi.ErrorHandlingMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
2021-06-16 14:27:06.664 -04:00 [Error] StatusCode: NotFound, Reason: Not Found, RequestUri: http://192.168.86.143:7878/api/system/status
2021-06-16 14:27:14.290 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:27:14.403 -04:00 [Error] StatusCode: NotFound, Reason: Not Found, RequestUri: http://192.168.86.143:7878/api/system/status
2021-06-16 14:27:17.999 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 1 triggers
2021-06-16 14:27:17.999 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:27:17.999 -04:00 [Debug] Calling Execute on job DVR.IRadarrSync
2021-06-16 14:27:18.008 -04:00 [Error] StatusCode: NotFound, Reason: Not Found, RequestUri: http://192.168.86.143:7878/api/movie
2021-06-16 14:27:18.009 -04:00 [Error] Failed caching queued items from Radarr
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Cannot deserialize the current JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) into type 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Ombi.Api.Radarr.Models.MovieResponse]' because the type requires a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) to deserialize correctly.
   at Ombi.Api.Radarr.RadarrApi.GetMovies(String apiKey, String baseUrl)
   at Ombi.Schedule.Jobs.Radarr.RadarrSync.Execute(IJobExecutionContext job)
2021-06-16 14:27:18.009 -04:00 [Debug] Trigger instruction : DeleteTrigger
2021-06-16 14:27:18.009 -04:00 [Debug] Deleting trigger
2021-06-16 14:27:21.754 -04:00 [Error] StatusCode: NotFound, Reason: Not Found, RequestUri: http://192.168.86.143:7878/api/system/status
2021-06-16 14:27:45.803 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers
2021-06-16 14:28:14.840 -04:00 [Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers

On 6/18/2021 at 12:50 PM, jebusfreek666 said:

I have been having an issue in Ombi for a while now. It doesn't seem to mark things as available after they are added to plex. All requests go through fine to sonarr/radarr. I went to settings to test the connection to plex and it connects successfully. Not sure where the issue is. 

Logs are completely filled with this:

Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value:

Discover page displays nothing. Searches return only TV shows, movie posters look like they are trying to load but never do. 

• 1 month later...

All of a sudden now I can no longer get into Ombi. I am using my plex username and password. I tried to research this issue for quite awhile and ran a few potential fixes myself but still can't seem to figure out what is happening. Everything is completely updated to latest version, all docker containers and unraid. Any idea how to resolve this? Logging into Plex works fine with the same username/password. I do have 2FA setup but I have had it setup the first time it became available and have had no issues with Ombi. This just started this week.. My 192.168.1.193 is the workstation I am trying to login from and the other is my gateway but I am not sure what it means when it tries to authenticate from that IP. I am trying to login from the same location each time on the same PC.

Also, inside plex I do not see any OMBI devices. I was hoping I could just remove it and have it generate a new token. But it's not there.

Thank you!
image.thumb.png.f8aa833c6f6c6727b56ed43a1afc6d77.png

Edited by Dro
  • 4 weeks later...

I, as well as my users, are having issues using the "Sign in with Plex" authentication option. Everything used to work fine then I had some users message me that logging in via Plex was not working. After doing some research I got the idea that some .db files must have been messed up and a clean install is what I did.

After doing a clean install and making sure everything is up-to-date, I am still unable to use Plex authentication in Ombi. I am able to log in using an Ombi account, but I would rather not have to force my users to do that.

The Ombi logs via Unraid show nothing, and the logs in the appdata folder is just a plethora of 

[Debug] Batch acquisition of 0 triggers

with other messages sparsely added.

I appreciate any help and I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I was unable to find it.