[PLUGIN] Disk Location

I pulled down the 2023.07.08c version this morning.  Unfortunately, like others I have same issue.  With the array spun down the dashboard is blank but there is a new issue the device tab in the app is blank too.  The app worked fine with 2023.05.30 only the dashboard was blank.  If I spin down a single drive in the array the dashboard goes blank and the device tab.  I tried Firefox and Chromium browsers and the issues were the same.  Let me know if you need a diagnostic.

DL Array Down.jpg

DL Array Up.jpg

22 minutes ago, krh1009 said:

I install this plug-in for the first time.  After saving the tray allocations I got a blank device page and the dashboard was also blank.  I had to uninstall to get the dashboard back.  Here is some debug info:

341730205_Screenshot2023-07-13at10_03_39PM.thumb.png.6a766cc9adbd12d95e1ff2de038d190b.png

It's a known issue at this point.  If any of the drives are spun down, the dashboard and Disk Location device page will both be blank.  If you spin up all drives, they should re-appear.  At least that's how it is for myself and 1 or 2 others on this thread.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm getting a Fix Common Problems warning; disklocation-master.plg Not Compatible with Unraid version 6.11.5

I know this topic has been discussed, but I'm not sure what the resolution is.

Unraid Version: 6.12.3

I've reinstalled via Apps.

What can I do to get this warning solved?

16 hours ago, jenga201 said:

I'm getting a Fix Common Problems warning; disklocation-master.plg Not Compatible with Unraid version 6.11.5

I know this topic has been discussed, but I'm not sure what the resolution is.

Unraid Version: 6.12.3

I've reinstalled via Apps.

What can I do to get this warning solved?

Did you update the plugin(s) to the newest version? Otherwise it's a false negative and should work. I think this plugin works from 6.9.0 and above, but haven't tested. I don't know why you're getting this message.

On 8/9/2023 at 5:54 PM, Jase said:

Hi, I was wandering if there is a way to delete one of the 'Disk Layouts'. It seems that I can only delete the last layout with the + - Signs but not able to custom select another layout like "Mickey" here in the screenshot. 1646628260_ScreenShot2023-08-09at11_53_19.thumb.png.2af71265b67c216b0f42da4d5d4f10d0.png

Sadly no. Might be something to add in the future, but no ETA or really any time atm.

2 hours ago, FlamongOle said:

Did you update the plugin(s) to the newest version? Otherwise it's a false negative and should work. I think this plugin works from 6.9.0 and above, but haven't tested. I don't know why you're getting this message.

This was my bad.

I had the warning set to 'unmonitored' and thought it would go away on rescan.  Putting it back into monitoring and rescanning gives no more warnings.

• Like 1

Hello just installed the app and trying to configure, when I choose the TRAYID drop down in the TRAY ALLOCATIONS tab there are no numbers to choose from nor can I type one in.  I do have an add-blocker installed but it is turned off for my unRaid server IP address.

Any help would be appreciated. 

9 minutes ago, whwunraid said:

Hello just installed the app and trying to configure, when I choose the TRAYID drop down in the TRAY ALLOCATIONS tab there are no numbers to choose from nor can I type one in.  I do have an add-blocker installed but it is turned off for my unRaid server IP address.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Did you "force scan all"? if you have a lot of drives, all of them will likely spin up and take some time per device to complete the scan.

36 minutes ago, whwunraid said:

Yes I have used "force scan" 3x and have the same issue.  It does spin up the drives and do the scan as it should.  The drop downs just do not function.  I am using Edge browser and have tried in std mode and private mode, makes no difference.

Did you try a web browser instead? 😛 Mainly joking as it is Chromium based, but you never know... 

Trying to install from community apps, but it errors out. Saying the package does not exist, same with developer version.

plugin: installing: disklocation-master.plg
Executing hook script: pre_plugin_checks
plugin: downloading: disklocation-master.plg ... done

Removing old plugin data before installing, if they exists...

Installing plugin...

Plugin folder /boot/config/plugins/disklocation already exists

Checking existing package /boot/config/plugins/disklocation/disklocation.2023.08.21.zip...

Latest package does not exist /boot/config/plugins/disklocation/disklocation.2023.08.21.zip

Saving any previous packages from /boot/config/plugins/disklocation

Attempting to download plugin package https://github.com/olehj/disklocation/archive/master.zip...

Package server down https://github.com/olehj/disklocation/archive/master.zip - Plugin cannot install

Reverting back to previously saved packages...

No previous packages to restored

Plugin install failed
plugin: run failed: '/bin/bash' returned 1
Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

I manually downloaded the "master.zip" and renamed to "disklocation.2023.08.21.zip" and copied it to the "/boot/config/plugins/disklocation/" and then ran community apps and it installed since I manually put it there. Else it would not download for some reason. Just wanted to make you aware

Edited by almulder
29 minutes ago, almulder said:

Trying to install from community apps, but it errors out. Saying the package does not exist, same with developer version.

plugin: installing: disklocation-master.plg
plugin: downloading: disklocation-master.plg ... done

Removing old plugin data before installing, if they exists...

Installing plugin...

Plugin folder /boot/config/plugins/disklocation already exists

Checking existing package /boot/config/plugins/disklocation/disklocation.2023.08.21.zip...

Latest package does not exist /boot/config/plugins/disklocation/disklocation.2023.08.21.zip

Saving any previous packages from /boot/config/plugins/disklocation

Attempting to download plugin package https://github.com/olehj/disklocation/archive/master.zip...

Package server down https://github.com/olehj/disklocation/archive/master.zip - Plugin cannot install

Reverting back to previously saved packages...

No previous packages to restored

Plugin install failed
plugin: run failed: '/bin/bash' returned 1
Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

"Package server down"

Just try again later/tomorrow or something, looks like a GitHub issue. These packages are auto-generated and nothing I make myself.

• Like 1

I have a quick question. I am running unraid on my DELL R710 with a PERC-H700 where each disk in its own RAID 0 pool. 

After Unraid include the option to define the controler SMART finely worked as well as the Temps. 

image.thumb.png.061580a5aab70f4044e84c59744d7e0b.png

Is there a similar option in the Plugin? Because it didn't add the drives automatically.