[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

18 hours ago, ich777 said:

Do you habe any resources for me?

Yes and no.  They put their site up https://carbonmod.gg/ which contains the needed linux/windows files to run the oxide replacement.  Oxide itself needs to be removed from the equation and carbon dropped at the RustDedicated file level and is supposed to just go.  Ive heard of developers and others stating there needs to be some additions to the Docker variables so things load in a certain order and a specific file is loaded prior to the SteamCMD process kicking off. 

Built a standalone linux rust server to test and the resource consumption is non-existent compared against Oxide, defiantly going to be the new way to go in the future. 

Question about my Valheim servers, is there a way to have the backups save to a separate share? Its possible this can already easily be done with the following fields, but Im unsure of exactly what data is kept in each:

image.png.ded5263dfa8e6e31051254fe755bf563.png

I currently have the docker running on a single cache only share. What is the difference between ServerFiles and SteamCMD? I have boat loads of HDD space, but I want my server running as fast as possible on my SSD cache. I would be cool with a pretty stupid number of backups, but I don't want to hog up SSD space with 200GB of backups that in all reality I likely won't use. If say SteamCMD is what's used for running the server, and the backups are under ServerFiles, could I make a dedicated share that is Cache -> Array to allow a stupid number of backups to be kept, but the data to flow off onto my much cheaper HDD storage?

33 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

backups save to a separate share?

Sure, simply create a port mapping to somewhere on the Array (or a share that is located to move the files from the Cache to the Array):

grafik.png.59ca6951175bd0f8fc7440f533b877af.png

(make sure that you stop the container, move the old folder "Backup" that already exists in your Valheim directory to somewhere else and it will work as intended)

35 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

What is the difference between ServerFiles and SteamCMD?

SteamCMD is a shared directory which my game server containers use that only exists one time on your server to download the game files, ServerFiles are the location where the necessary dedicated server files are download to.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Sure, simply create a port mapping to somewhere on the Array (or a share that is located to move the files from the Cache to the Array):

grafik.png.59ca6951175bd0f8fc7440f533b877af.png

(make sure that you stop the container, move the old folder "Backup" that already exists in your Valheim directory to somewhere else and it will work as intended)

SteamCMD is a shared directory which my game server containers use that only exists one time on your server to download the game files, ServerFiles are the location where the necessary dedicated server files are download to.

Thank you, that is exactly the solution, and I confirmed it's working as intended! Thank you for your support and frequent responses in here. You are really a wonderful member of the unraid community. 

• Like 1

Hello folks,

I'm new to the community and thought it would all be a little easier. I already have my server running well, but I also wanted to run a dedicated game server for “Night of the Dead” on it.
Now I haven't found a docker for this.
Does anyone have instructions on how I can possibly create it myself or will I only be left with a VM?

Best regards

p1Ng

41 minutes ago, p1Ng said:

Hello folks,

I'm new to the community and thought it would all be a little easier. I already have my server running well, but I also wanted to run a dedicated game server for “Night of the Dead” on it.
Now I haven't found a docker for this.
Does anyone have instructions on how I can possibly create it myself or will I only be left with a VM?

Best regards

p1Ng

Does NOTD have server files for linux?

6 hours ago, PerpetualGamer said:

if you happened to have discovered anything new on the 64 bit seg error for Arma 3

Not yet, I will post a update when I know more.

As a workaround add this variable to the container, this fixes the start issue on my machine:
grafik.png.7bee77243b97208f1029e8322066fcb3.png

Config Type: Variable

Key: FORCE_X86

Value: true

I keep getting out of memory errors with Conan Exiles server...more specific

LogMemory:Warning: Freeing 33554432 bytes from backup pool to handle out of memory.
LogMemory:Warning: MemoryStats:
        AvailablePhysical 100261916672
         AvailableVirtual 140726590709760
             UsedPhysical 10897514496
         PeakUsedPhysical 10897514496
              UsedVirtual 10859667456
          PeakUsedVirtual 10859667456
0108:err:sync:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0000000004EAA8C0 (null) wait timed out in thread 0108, blocked by 0174, retrying (60 sec)

it just keeps spamming the 0108:err after that....I watched it with HTOP, it stops at 10.4GB physical, 12.9GB virtual.....I have more than 90GB of free ram remaining? I suspect this is some limit in wine I need to adjust? Any help in the right direction would be much appreciated ❤️ 

1 hour ago, l2evy said:

I suspect this is some limit in wine I need to adjust?

Issue this command from a Unraid terminal and restart the container afterwards and see if that helps:

echo 265000 > /proc/sys/vm/max_map_count

(this command is not persistent and you have to reissue it every time you reboot)

It would be also nice to know if you are using mods or not, you are the first user that reported a OOM error for Conan Exiles.

46 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It would be also nice to know if you are using mods or not, you are the first user that reported a OOM error for Conan Exiles.

Sorry forgot to mention I am using a lot of mods >.< , I have since trimmed a lot out. I will try that command and see what happens, hopefully it will resolve the issue as the mods I have are not "too" big and should have more than enough ram to handle it.

Edit: That command seems to have worked! Thanks a bunch! I will report back if I get any kind of similar issue later on with ram. I assume you meant I have to issue the command on complete unraid reboot not game server reboot, in which case that happens not very often. I will have to look into that command further and potentially have it run on boot perhaps.

Edited by l2evy

Valheim plus seems to be abandoned. There are a few forks which bring compatibility with the latest version of Valheim but if you copy them over the official version in this docker it refuses to start. (I believe it's getting caught up in the version check)

Would it be possible to make one of the forks such as ValheimPlus_Grantapher_Temporary work with this?

18 minutes ago, ikkuranus said:

Valheim plus seems to be abandoned.

I think you are using a really old template from my container correct?

You don't need to copy over anything and by default my container is using this version from Valheim+

I'm running it on my server and it is working as it should:

grafik.thumb.png.0432adb59a9127551297930a957633d0.png

Are you also sure that the container itself is up to date? By default it uses this repository.

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think you are using a really old template from my container correct?

You don't need to copy over anything and by default my container is using this version from Valheim+

I'm running it on my server and it is working as it should:

grafik.thumb.png.0432adb59a9127551297930a957633d0.png

Are you also sure that the container itself is up to date? By default it uses this repository.

That's probably It. I'll wipe the template and try again.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lignage said:

Server Daten sind geladen bitte um hilfe?

Only English over here.

Steam Guard deaktiviert 

Why?

Only enter your Steam credentials when the Steam Username and Password are not hidden away at "Show more..." and are marked with a red asterisk (*)

!!! NEVER DISABLE THE STEAM GUARD ON YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNT !!!

iScreen Shoter - Google Chrome - 231211200230.jpg

The only thing in this screenshot that is wrong is that you've entered your Steam credentials.

Also please read the description from the container, the first start can take a very long time depending on your Internet connection since the container needs to download the game files!

To solve this issue, do the following:

1. Remove the container
  2. Remove the directory that was created for Wreckfest in your appdata directory
  3. Pull a fresh copy from Wreckfest from the CA App and leave all settings untouched (except if you need to change the paths)
  4. Wait for the download to finish, this means that the log window will not change in a while but it will eventually display the progress and start the dedicated server
21 hours ago, ich777 said:

Hier gibt es nur Englisch.

Warum?

Geben Sie Ihre Steam-Zugangsdaten nur ein, wenn der Steam-Benutzername und das Steam-Passwort nicht unter „Mehr anzeigen…“ versteckt und mit einem roten Sternchen ( * ) markiert sind.

!!! DEAKTIVIEREN SIE NIEMALS DEN STEAM GUARD AUF IHREM PERSÖNLICHEN KONTO!!!

Das Einzige, was in diesem Screenshot falsch ist, ist, dass Sie Ihre Steam-Zugangsdaten eingegeben haben.

Bitte lesen Sie auch die Beschreibung des Containers, der erste Start kann je nach Internetverbindung sehr lange dauern, da der Container die Spieldateien herunterladen muss!

Um dieses Problem zu lösen, gehen Sie wie folgt vor:

1. Entfernen Sie den Behälter
  2. Entfernen Sie das Verzeichnis, das für Wreckfest erstellt wurde, in Ihrem Appdata-Verzeichnis
  3. Ziehen Sie eine neue Kopie von Wreckfest aus der CA-App und lassen Sie alle Einstellungen unverändert (außer wenn Sie die Pfade ändern müssen).
  4. Warten Sie, bis der Download abgeschlossen ist. Das bedeutet, dass sich das Protokollfenster eine Zeit lang nicht ändert, aber schließlich den Fortschritt anzeigt und den dedizierten Server startet

"I've done everything so far; I believe the server is running. However, it doesn't appear when I'm in the game."

iScreen Shoter - Google Chrome - 231213133436.jpg

5 minutes ago, Lignage said:

"No, I haven't done that because I wanted to test it locally within my own network. Do I need to open ports for the installation?"

You don't need to forward ports for local connection, but you do need to forward them if you expect the game to know your server exists.    If you don't want to forward, you should be able to go into Steam > View > Game Servers, then add your local IP and the correct port.   I don't know that game specifically, but if the container has a Steam UDP or similar port (not a game port) that is the one you should use in the Steam.

Edit:
Yes.  You should be able to add your server in steam using {local_ip}:27015 since that is the assigned query port for steam.

image.png

Edited by dlchamp
Added detailed instructions/screenshot
  • Like 1