[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

7 minutes ago, widz said:

maybe time to upgrade hah

I'm really not sure, please give me a bit and check back in this post in a few minutes, will try to spin up Valheim on my server real quick and edit this post.

EDIT: It is just working fine over here on a Intel i5-10600:

grafik.thumb.png.cff74ba2bb633645b432c4d931fb8654.png

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

There is your error.

But my server is online. Tried the docker Network Type setting in Bridge and Host.

Hardware MSI x670-P, Ryzen 7950x, 64GB RAM running Unraid 6.12.6.

Update - Fixed. Created a custom network called unraid and allocated the Docker to that. That seems to allow download.

Edited by Rinny
resolved

hi,

I have a question about the Palworld Docker Container.
I have a problem connecting via my external IP. The internal LAN IP works.

Now you could say it is because of the port sharing. To rule this out, I checked the port share for the game factorio and tried to connect. I was able to connect via both the internal and external IP.

I think that would rule out the problem with the port sharing.

By the way, I use an OPNsense router for port sharing.

I have also edited this in the config:
...,AdminPassword="adminDocker",ServerPassword="",Pub...

and did this:

Removed the line "EpicApp=Palserver" from the template

thanks for your help

I guess you mean port forwarding?? First check if you don't have conflicting port with another docker listening to 8211. Verify your docker is on the right network. Check your config to be sure you enable to check the publicip to autoupdate if you don't use any cloudfare and such. 

I am also having problems with Palworld being inaccessible.  my log output seems to suggest a problem.  any ideas?

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
tid(62) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1705108307
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '2394010' already up to date.
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found, continuing...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---Nothing to do, PublicIP: [REDACTED] still up-to-date!---
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
setrlimit() failed with error 22 (Invalid argument)
- Max per-process value allowed is 0 (we wanted infinity).
sh: 1: xdg-user-dir: not found
dlopen failed trying to load:
steamclient.so
with error:
steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/serverdata/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so' OK.  (First tried local 'steamclient.so')
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 2 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 2394010
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser021 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamFriends017 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils004 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

On 4/26/2019 at 6:32 AM, ich777 said:

In CS GO you must provide a valid steam user and password with SteamGuard disabled so that it shows up on the public server list.

Steam recommends to create a seperate user account for all the dedicated servers.

dose the game need to be owned on that account in order to run the server?

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Just to be sure, you've set it up like that:

grafik.thumb.png.918c7b7a3c8fccff868faf8e808f0fef.png

As said, I only can tell you that is working fine over here... Maybe something is missconfigured, I really can't tell...

Please also double check the protocol, it's UDP only.

I really appreciate you going above and beyond docker related support. 

I tried multiple network options bridge, br0, host, etc. my opnsense forwarding it spot on. 

For giggles I fired up an ubuntu 22.03 server VM, did the steamcmd fun and changed my port forward destination to it's IP and my friends can get in. I copied the same palsettings.ini file from the saved directory and everything. 

I tried nc -u host port, and got success on the docker from a remote server. so I really don't know what's going on.

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

I don't see any issue.

The warnings errors in the log are totally normal and won't prevent the server from running (this was answered multiple times on the last 10 pages).

I see in your log also that you already restarted it once but it was running fine on the first start and as long as the container doesn't restart constantly everything is fine.

Quick question. It's really not the first time I see the error in steam container, in fact I think all of them as it and it never bothered anything. I'm just wondering, they are offering a fix for it in their faq (https://tech.palworldgame.com/dedicated-server-guide#qa)

image.png.54e3fe7b2b8b5b582fd689b95d1c0067.png

4 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

It's really not the first time I see the error in steam container, in fact I think all of them as it and it never bothered anything.

Because it's a warning, not an error however this directions are that you've posted require the Steam client to be installed which is not in my container <- this would make no sense for a dedicated server.

If you look closely in the logs you would actually see that it finds the file where it should be:

[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/serverdata/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so' OK.  (First tried local 'steamclient.so')

The first warning is only displayed because it tries to load the steamclient.so from the directory where the executable is located and I think this is what you are referring to:

dlopen failed trying to load:
steamclient.so
with error:
steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

However as said above, one line after this it finds the steamclient.so where it should be and continues. ;)

Hope that answers your question. :)

9 hours ago, Rinny said:

Update - Fixed. Created a custom network called unraid and allocated the Docker to that. That seems to allow download.

That's odd, then there is most certainly something wrong with your network on Unraid but that is out of scope from this thread however I'm glad that it is now working for you.

5 hours ago, Knightwing19 said:

dose the game need to be owned on that account in order to run the server?

I think you are referring to CS2 correct? CS:GO was replaced with CS2.

The answer to your question is, no.

Please note that you have to only put in Steam credentials in the container template if they are not hidden away under the "Show more..." section and marked with the red asterisk.

5 hours ago, Unoid said:

I tried nc -u host port, and got success on the docker from a remote server. so I really don't know what's going on.

Sorry but this seems to be a network issue where I can't help and have to figure out on your own.

The container is running just fine on my machine and people are able to connect just fine with my hostname and also with my public IP.

It is working for other people too and they have no issue connecting.

How to reset a player in Palworld?
In a tutorial ( Link )
-Stop server
-Delete the file:
Pal/Saved/SaveGames/0/XXXXXXXXXX/Players/XXX-PLAYER-ID-XXX.sav
-Start server

It`s works. You can recreate the player and it's level 1 but there are bugs. Pals don't drop items and you can't mine stones/wood.
You can add the saved player ID file back and the dropping and mining will work normally again...

any idea how to fix this to reset/delete a player?

Edited by EliteGroup
10 minutes ago, EliteGroup said:

any idea how to fix this to reset/delete a player?

Try to set up a second server, connect to that, create a player, log out, copy the newly created sav file from the new dedicated server to the old one and start the old server again.

I would rather recommend not messing with save games because you will most certainly mess up something.

It's cool that they save the individual players but I'm not to sure if the player sav files are maybe linked to the world save file.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Try to set up a second server, connect to that, create a player, log out, copy the newly created sav file from the new dedicated server to the old one and start the old server again.

I would rather recommend not messing with save games because you will most certainly mess up something.

It's cool that they save the individual players but I'm not to sure if the player sav files are maybe linked to the world save file.

Unfortunately does not work. loading screen freezes. A pity. Then a player cannot be reset at the moment, thank you for your quick answer

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, EliteGroup said:

Unfortunately does not work. loading screen freezes. A pity. Then a player cannot be reset at the moment, thank you for your quick answer

Maybe than this is a question for the developers themselves…?

They could implement this maybe as a admin command or allow the deletion from the file itself.

• Upvote 1