[Support] Linuxserver.io - Jellyfin


226 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 11/3/2020 at 8:56 PM, sir_storealot said:

Hey there!

 

Unfortunately I also have issues with HW transcoding using Intel 10th Gen (i3-10100).

Unraid Beta 6.9.0-30

[20:35:21] [INF] [1] Main: Jellyfin version: 10.6.4

Unraid go file with modprobe, docker is configured as per instructions and extra parameters

 

/dev/dri shows up inside the docker:

 


root@095b9610a70f:/# ls -la /dev/dri
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root                80 Nov  3 20:35 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root               360 Nov  3 20:35 ..
crw-rw---- 1 root videoEhAShCrc 226,   0 Nov  3 20:35 card0
crwxrwxrwx 1 abc  users         226, 128 Nov  3 20:35 renderD128

However, when running hw transcode:


/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -hwaccel vaapi -hwaccel_output_format vaapi -vaapi_device /dev/dri/renderD128 -i file:"/movies/somex256file.mkv" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 h264_vaapi  -b:v 50360234 -maxrate 50360234 -bufsize 100720468 -profile:v high -level 41  -force_key_frames:0 "expr:gte(t,0+n_forced*3)" -g 72 -keyint_min 72 -sc_threshold 0 -vf "format=nv12|vaapi,hwupload,scale_vaapi=format=nv12" -start_at_zero -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 384000 -af "volume=2" -copyts -avoid_negative_ts disabled -f hls -max_delay 5000000 -hls_time 3 -individual_header_trailer 0 -hls_segment_type mpegts -start_number 0 -hls_segment_filename "/config/data/transcodes/d9c483124123a6454888b24ba9949550%d.ts" -hls_playlist_type vod -hls_list_size 0 -y "/config/data/transcodes/d9c483124123a6454888b24ba9949550.m3u8"


ffmpeg version 4.3.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg --target-os=linux --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-shared --disable-libxcb --disable-sdl2 --disable-xlib --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-static --enable-libfontconfig --enable-fontconfig --enable-gmp --enable-gnutls --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libdrm --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libzvbi --arch=amd64 --enable-libzimg --enable-opencl --enable-vaapi --enable-amf --enable-libmfx --enable-vdpau --enable-cuda --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid --enable-nvenc --enable-nvdec --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-libdav1d
  libavutil      56. 51.100 / 56. 51.100
  libavcodec     58. 91.100 / 58. 91.100
  libavformat    58. 45.100 / 58. 45.100
  libavdevice    58. 10.100 / 58. 10.100
  libavfilter     7. 85.100 /  7. 85.100
  libswscale      5.  7.100 /  5.  7.100
  libswresample   3.  7.100 /  3.  7.100
  libpostproc    55.  7.100 / 55.  7.100
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x5575878157c0] libva: /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so init failed
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x5575878157c0] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error).
Device creation failed: -5.
Failed to set value '/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'vaapi_device': Input/output error
Error parsing global options: Input/output error

I have found some folks with similar errors here, suggesting that a new ffmpeg version might be the fix, but I have no clue how to correctly update ffmpeg inside the docker: LINK

 

 

Or perhaps I need to install some non-free intel drivers?!

 

Any help would be highly welcome - thank you!

I have tried to explain my issue and post all relevant logfiles I could find, but my post is being ignored.

 

Am I doing anything wrong?

Link to post
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Resolved: For now, you have to choose "VA API" as the transcoder and NOT Intel Quick Sync Video. Totally confusing and frustrating but VA API definitely works. I confirmed it is hitting QSV with the I

Thanks guys, its working!   Here is what I did if anyone else has trouble    

We've made it easier to get Nvidia & iGPU hardware trancoding working with this container.  This post will detail what you need to do to use either of these in your container.   Nvidia

Posted Images

On 12/7/2020 at 8:27 PM, sir_storealot said:

I have tried to explain my issue and post all relevant logfiles I could find, but my post is being ignored.

 

Am I doing anything wrong?

@saarg I am not sure why you are ignoring me, and I apologize if I have done anything wrong, is there any chance that you can point me in the right direction with my issue please?

Link to post
On 12/8/2020 at 9:39 PM, sir_storealot said:

@saarg I am not sure why you are ignoring me, and I apologize if I have done anything wrong, is there any chance that you can point me in the right direction with my issue please?

I'm sorry, I will put my busy life, working and moving houses from morning to late night tha last month to help you. I'll also install network in the house with my foot I just had surgery on that I can't use, so I can set up my servers and computer to help troubleshoot.

 

This is all volunteer work, so please remember that. I answer if I have the time and setup to do it.

Link to post
59 minutes ago, saarg said:

I'm sorry, I will put my busy life, working and moving houses from morning to late night tha last month to help you. I'll also install network in the house with my foot I just had surgery on that I can't use, so I can set up my servers and computer to help troubleshoot.

 

This is all volunteer work, so please remember that. I answer if I have the time and setup to do it.

 

Even though I am a friend of sarcasm and I appreciate your work and commitment without knowing you, even in this situation you can choose better words and point out to the fellow foroist in a different way that his way is not okay.

Link to post
8 hours ago, saarg said:

I'm sorry, I will put my busy life, working and moving houses from morning to late night tha last month to help you. I'll also install network in the house with my foot I just had surgery on that I can't use, so I can set up my servers and computer to help troubleshoot.

 

This is all volunteer work, so please remember that. I answer if I have the time and setup to do it.

Apologies, I did not mean to offend, I was just puzzled that while you seem to be active here and responded to other questions and issues after mine, mine was completely ignored and I did not quite understand why. I am not being entitled, unfriendly, demanding any solutions etc., I was just politely inquiring, and I appreciate the volunteer effort of all the great folks that allow us to run our setups.

 

I dont think there was a need to react in such a negative way, but you seem to have a lot of stuff to sort through, so I understand and wish you the best and a speedy recovery for your foot. Point taken and sorry for bothering you.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help met to install a plugin onto my Jellyfin server. I have Kodi running on a pi4 in the livingroom that I want to use to watch media from my Jellyfin server. The Jellyfin guys reccomend installing the Kodi plugin on the server, but when I hit install I only see the circle spin but nothing happens. Let it run for 15 minutes but nothing happened.

 

Is there a way to manually install plugins?

Link to post
On 12/27/2020 at 6:32 AM, bobohazel said:

Can anyone help met to install a plugin onto my Jellyfin server. I have Kodi running on a pi4 in the livingroom that I want to use to watch media from my Jellyfin server. The Jellyfin guys reccomend installing the Kodi plugin on the server, but when I hit install I only see the circle spin but nothing happens. Let it run for 15 minutes but nothing happened.

 

Is there a way to manually install plugins?

 

The "latest versions" of these plugins are most likely for the latest version of Jellyfin (10.7.x). Download the last version of the plugin and it should work. Example: Version 6.0.0 for TMDB Collections = 10.6.X while version 7.0.0 is for version 10.7.x. 

Edited by Ynd21
Link to post
  • 5 weeks later...

I have installed version 10.6.4 and have following issue

 

When Play Jellyfin from Android tv, jellyfin becomes unresponsive and won't load library most times or if do load wont play on second device like on browser in pc. Unraid pc have following specs 718157490e839df7b42f475d619a23e1.png

 

CPU or Memory wont overload at all when playing on jellyfin. No GPU attached for transcode. What can be the issue? Internet speed is 30mbps and used only for Jellyfin

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mattti1912 said:

Hello

i followed a guide to swag but when it did not work i deleted it all again, i can not get a wan address via my dockercontainer. anyone know why ??

Wrong thread. This one is about Jellyfin.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mattti1912 said:

Hello

 

Im using jellyfin at home, but i want to use it when im traveling.. how to do that?? have tried a lets encrypt guide but didnt work.. Could someone have an idea how to make this work??

 

thanks

I use the Nginx Proxy Manger container to deal with this.

Link to post
11 hours ago, saarg said:

We have nightly builds.

 

I'm not comfortable running potentially unstable (more so than an rc release) builds where there may be daily changes that break compatability with external clients and plugins, as was seen during the time waiting for 10.7.0-rc1. Regardless it's your decision so no worries :D

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm encountering issues which I believe might be due to the docker image provided (no open issues on github)

"Access to the path '/var/lib/jellyfin/root/default/Movies/options.xml' is denied."

 

The path past /var/lib/jellyfin doesn't seem to exist. I thought this would've been controlled by JELLYFIN_DATA_DIR but that is reported correctly as /config/data. I tried mounting /mnt/user/Docker/appdata/jellyfin/data/root to the path inside the docker container it looks for but that doesn't seem to change anything. The path of root/default/Movies/options.xml that Jellyfin seems to be looking for does exist as /config/data/root/default/Movies/options.xml

 

[03-09 15:43:47] [ERR] MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem: Error loading library options
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/var/lib/jellyfin/root/default/Movies/options.xml' is denied.
 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.LoadLibraryOptions(String path)
[03-09 15:43:47] [ERR] MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem: Error loading library options
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/var/lib/jellyfin/root/default/TV Shows/options.xml' is denied.
 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.LoadLibraryOptions(String path)
[03-09 15:43:47] [ERR] MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem: Error loading library options
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/var/lib/jellyfin/root/default/Music/options.xml' is denied.
 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.LoadLibraryOptions(String path)
[03-09 15:43:47] [ERR] MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem: Error loading library options
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/var/lib/jellyfin/root/default/Books/options.xml' is denied.
 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.LoadLibraryOptions(String path)

 

This only affects manually requesting a library scan, Jellyfin still adds media from watching changes to directories. This has occured on 10.6.4, and still on 10.7.0. Thanks

 

Link to post
10 hours ago, Dataone said:

I'm encountering issues which I believe might be due to the docker image provided (no open issues on github)

"Access to the path '/var/lib/jellyfin/root/default/Movies/options.xml' is denied."

 

The path past /var/lib/jellyfin doesn't seem to exist. I thought this would've been controlled by JELLYFIN_DATA_DIR but that is reported correctly as /config/data. I tried mounting /mnt/user/Docker/appdata/jellyfin/data/root to the path inside the docker container it looks for but that doesn't seem to change anything. The path of root/default/Movies/options.xml that Jellyfin seems to be looking for does exist as /config/data/root/default/Movies/options.xml

 


[03-09 15:43:47] [ERR] MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem: Error loading library options
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/var/lib/jellyfin/root/default/Movies/options.xml' is denied.
 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.LoadLibraryOptions(String path)
[03-09 15:43:47] [ERR] MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem: Error loading library options
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/var/lib/jellyfin/root/default/TV Shows/options.xml' is denied.
 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.LoadLibraryOptions(String path)
[03-09 15:43:47] [ERR] MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem: Error loading library options
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/var/lib/jellyfin/root/default/Music/options.xml' is denied.
 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.LoadLibraryOptions(String path)
[03-09 15:43:47] [ERR] MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem: Error loading library options
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/var/lib/jellyfin/root/default/Books/options.xml' is denied.
 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.LoadLibraryOptions(String path)

 

This only affects manually requesting a library scan, Jellyfin still adds media from watching changes to directories. This has occured on 10.6.4, and still on 10.7.0. Thanks

 

Sounds like a bug in Jellyfin. We set /config/data as the data for and for some reason Jellyfin doesn't care about that for that file.

Link to post
3 hours ago, 007craft said:

Jellyfin 10.7.0 was released a couple days ago but Unraid is not prompting for an update and Jellyfin is still on 10.6.4

The container was updated a couple hours after it was released

image.thumb.png.f776e67ae9da295f8bf8f0794a7ce978.png

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.