[Plugin] Appdata.Backup

Hi 
I just updated to the new app. I have a problem where it only backs up 2 out of my 7 dockers.
For the 5 that doesn't work i get this message.

Debug Code: fe870bc2-9d17-4c2b-88e3-6b0882f98a4f

[09.09.2023 09:32:38][ℹ️][homeassistant] Stopping homeassistant... done! (took 5 seconds)
[09.09.2023 09:32:43][ℹ️][homeassistant] Should NOT backup external volumes, sanitizing them...
[09.09.2023 09:32:43][ℹ️][homeassistant] homeassistant does not have any volume to back up! Skipping
[09.09.2023 09:32:43][ℹ️][homeassistant] Starting homeassistant... (try #1) done!

The source path is \mnt\user\appdata and if i browse to the path i see data in all 7 docker folders so i have no clue why only some of the works.

On 9/8/2023 at 9:04 AM, bunkermagnus said:

In the backup log it clearly states that the setting is to NOT include external folders but it will still go for the external folders unless I put them in the exclude list.

Cant confirm. In the cases krusader and Plex the debug log clearly states:

Calculated volumes to back up: /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-krusader

and

Calculated volumes to back up: /mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server

which is expected. Note, that at this point, any exclude is not yet processed.

On 9/9/2023 at 9:46 AM, Luke_Starkiller said:

I just updated to the new app. I have a problem where it only backs up 2 out of my 7 dockers.

Please open the per docker setting and show me what you see as volumes there. I bet the actual dpcker mapping is /mnt/cache which is different from /mnt/user. Whats the content of Allowed Sources?

3 hours ago, KluthR said:

Please open the per docker setting and show me what you see as volumes there. I bet the actual dpcker mapping is /mnt/cache which is different from /mnt/user. Whats the content of Allowed Sources?

Didn't know you could click on each docker to see the mounts. 
Change the source to \mnt\"drivename"\appdata
Now everything gets backuped like it should. Thank you!

Edited by Luke_Starkiller

Is there any way to get the appdata backup program to use pigz, so that way it can use multiple cpu's to compress the backup image, instead of a single cpu, it takes 20 minutes to backup some apps (like PLEX and audiobookshelf)

I know I have an "older" I7-7700 processor...but it shouldn't take it that long in most cases

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12313242/utilizing-multi-core-for-targzip-bzip-compression-decompression
https://zlib.net/pigz/

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is there an option to exclude certain directories from the backup?

With the old plugin, I was backing up my Plex container, but I was excluding the thumbnails directory, which meant I was backing up 30GB instead of 500GB. That option appears to not exist here, unless I missed it.

Edit: Found it! You have to click the container name to get a bunch of extra settings, fantastic!

Edit2: Small feature requests as it's the first time I'm using this. Maybe not have the log output force the scrollbar to the bottom every few seconds. Makes reviewing the log while a backup is running pretty obnoxious. :D

Also, is there a reason single-core compression is the default? Or at least it is when importing settings from the 2.5 app. Makes backups horrendously slow (as in, a 33 minute backup gets reduced to 3 minutes with multi-core compression)

Edited by -Daedalus
On 9/17/2023 at 10:38 PM, Luke_Starkiller said:

I only see the option to get a notification when an error / warning has occurred, not when the backup finished successfully. 

You are right, adding to the todo.

On 9/18/2023 at 8:02 AM, -Daedalus said:

Maybe not have the log output force the scrollbar to the bottom every few seconds.

If the backup stops, you can scroll up again.

On 9/18/2023 at 8:02 AM, -Daedalus said:

Also, is there a reason single-core compression is the default?

Because there is currently no limit setting. Some users observed decreased overall server perfoemance.

So I have moved to a new unraid system and needed to restore my appdata (fresh install of everything) I have my backupd from just before I decommissioned my old server, restore sees them and tried to restore them, but I get an error when I do.

I have tried one at a time also and get the same errors. Here is the log from when I tried to restore swag.

(it just repeats the same message for all the files.

image.thumb.png.d0078dea909d9a4c00f085c2a17d99fa.png

Debug log ID: d4fa841f-c17f-4dd1-b7bc-d435c0372cb4

24 minutes ago, almulder said:

So I have moved to a new unraid system and needed to restore my appdata (fresh install of everything) I have my backupd from just before I decommissioned my old server, restore sees them and tried to restore them, but I get an error when I do.

I have tried one at a time also and get the same errors. Here is the log from when I tried to restore swag.

So I figured out my issue. My New setup is zfs and datasets not folders, renamed the dataset appdata to appdata1 and then ran the restore and it work great. 

So incase people run into the issue, you cant restore the folders if they were converted to datasets. (and I am sure vs versa)

Good day. I wanted to ask, when doing a restore, do I need to have the docker image (meaning, go to Apps, download radarr, set up the template, and apply) and then I can restore, or can I restore without anything as long as I pull the template and the files from the restore options? Thanks.

EDIT: I did the test, restored something I have yet to download from the apps tab. The appdata directory was restored but since I didnt download it before it was not under dockers. 

Edited by NotHere