Unraid OS version 6.12.9 available

This is a bug fix release, resolving a nice collection of problems reported by the community, details below. All users are encouraged to read the release notes and upgrade.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
  2. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
  3. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
    umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully

4. If you have Unraid 6.12.8 or Unraid Connect installed:
    1. Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update. More details in this blog post
  5. If you are on an earlier version:
    1. Go to Tools -> Update OS and switch to the "Stable" branch if needed. If the update doesn't show, click "Check for Updates"
  6. Wait for the update to download and install
  7. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
  8. Reboot

This thread is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Rommel said:

Kernel 6.1.82 😢 the only feature I want is kernel 6.3 or higher for my server to use an Arc card

the newer kernel for native arc card support, rather than using recompiled kernels will be huge.

Edited by _0m0t3ur
2 hours ago, Rommel said:

Kernel 6.1.82 😢 the only feature I want is kernel 6.3 or higher for my server to use an Arc card

It is coming : ) But not in the 6.12 series, we aren't going to make a major kernel jump in a patch release.

ZFS now supports the 6.7 kernel, I would expect the 6.13 series to be based on that.

12 hours ago, DivideBy0 said:

I lost my Intel CPU's iGPU quick sync encoding capabilities with 6.12.8 due to the kernel. Will this new kernel (6.1.82) bring it back?

Please let us know!

If the problem persists... the only discussions I can find about this issue are buried in a release thread, it would be super helpful to have a separate forum topic that summarizes what we know about it. It is very difficult to follow long running conversations across release threads.

Update from 6.12.6 -> 6.12.9  Fixed a wired issue I was having with my disk getting CRC errors, however unassigned devices would not mount my NFS share.. Rolling back until that's worked out. 

This was the error if desired to know here:
Docker unassigned.devices: NFS mount failed: 'mount.nfs: Protocol not supported '

1 hour ago, valigha said:

Update from 6.12.6 -> 6.12.9  Fixed a wired issue I was having with my disk getting CRC errors, however unassigned devices would not mount my NFS share.. Rolling back until that's worked out. 

This was the error if desired to know here:
Docker unassigned.devices: NFS mount failed: 'mount.nfs: Protocol not supported '

Hmm if you are hoping someone will look into this, we need diagnostics from 6.12.9 after the issue occurs. Preferably in a new thread in general support