Unraid OS version 6.12.11 available

These release has some nice bug fixes backported from our work on Unraid 7, along with a security fix for OpenSSH and updates to the Linux kernel and OpenZFS. All users are encouraged to read the release notes and upgrade.

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic under General Support. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. Read the release notes.

2. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
  3. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
  4. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
    umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully

5. If you have a recent release or Unraid Connect installed
    1. Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update. More details in this blog post
  6. If you are on an earlier version
    1. Go to Tools -> Update OS and switch to the "Stable" branch if needed. If the update doesn't show, click "Check for Updates"
  7. Wait for the update to download and install
  8. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
  9. Reboot

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic under General Support. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Does this fix the mover manual split level that was broken in 6.12.9?

I don't see any mention of it in the release notes as either a fixed bug or a known issue. Is there a more comprehensive changelog somewhere?

I've been eagerly awaiting this fix, I've been having to go in periodically to manually reorganize the split directories that started getting scattered all over my disks since 6.12.9.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ljm42 said:

The fix is in the Unraid 7 betas if you'd like to try that, but it hasn't been backported to 6.12 yet

Thanks for the quick response. I rely on this machine too much to try the beta... looking forward to 6.12.12 or 7 to go stable.

8 hours ago, u.stu said:

I've been eagerly awaiting this fix, I've been having to go in periodically to manually reorganize the split directories that started getting scattered all over my disks since 6.12.9.

Hmm, I didn't even realise this was a bug when I upgraded from 6.11.5 recently.

Now I'll have to go check my own content and see what mess has been made.

It's pretty disappointing that this wasn't fixed in 6.12.11 given the time frame around when it was raised. Or at least flagged as a known issue for 6.12.9 onward.

Updated without issues, but these two plugins have issues, might skip this update if you run these and wait for a update for these plugins:

/boot/config/plugins-error/usb_manager_serial_options_addon.plg - ERROR

/boot/config/plugins-error/Python3.plg - ERROR

Edited by NeoID

Updated from 6.12.10 to 6.12.11…iobroker docker container did not work afterwards (Checking database connection... Failed). Container configured in host mode.

Rolled back to 6.12.10 and everything worked again.

On 7/17/2024 at 11:29 AM, ljm42 said:

The fix is in the Unraid 7 betas if you'd like to try that, but it hasn't been backported to 6.12 yet

Surely this is a simple fix to put in 6.12.x ?  This is a big pain for me also - after every backup I have to go to the backup unraid server and manually move all the new folders and files around - hence a big time wasting issue, plus additional disk I/O on those backup disk, and additional power used while this is done - rather than the wake, backup and sleep it was used too.

I was just going to update to this so glad this was asked before i wasted more time.

Edited by vw-kombi
55 minutes ago, vw-kombi said:

Surely this is a simple fix to put in 6.12.x ?  This is a big pain for me also - after every backup I have to go to the backup unraid server and manually move all the new folders and files around - hence a big time wasting issue, plus additional disk I/O on those backup disk, and additional power used while this is done - rather than the wake, backup and sleep it was used too.

I was just going to update to this so glad this was asked before i wasted more time.

It might be in a 6.12.12

cant update 6.12.9 -> 6.12.10/6.12.11

when i start the updater from WebUI it just says

plugin: installing: unRAIDServer.plg
Executing hook script: pre_plugin_checks
plugin: downloading: unRAIDServer.plg ... done

plugin: not installing older version
Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

and its done after 5 sec and nothing changed.

:(

EDIT: had 1 Plugin not up2date (Appdata Backup) after updating it the updater for UnRAID runs fine.

Edited by Marcel40625
  • Like 1

I appear to have hit two issues upgrading from 6.12.10 to 6.12.11. Issues only showed up after the upgrade and went away after downgrading.

1. nginx errors in syslog

2. nfs autofs mount not working from an ubuntu machine

I posted about them here, 

Edited by warpspeed

Update from 6.12.10 to 6.12.11.  No issues whatsoever.  Really really really want to run unRAID 7 Beta, but will hold off.

Dockers and VM's working fine after update.  Even was able to reboot after upgrade without powering down.  For many version, a power cycle has been required on my system, but not this time.

Thanks!