How big is your "appdata" share?

jonp

What I'm asking for here is how large the appdata user share is on your system.  I'm also curious if your appdata share is set to cache-enabled, cache-only, or if you don't use a cache.  When replying, please include the list of apps you have installed into the appdata share.  The main purpose of this question is to ascertain how much application metadata is in store on the average person's system.

How do I determine my appdata size?

To determine the size of your appdata user share, open up a browser to your unRAID server (e.g. http://tower for PCs or http://tower.local for Macs).  Click on the "Shares" item in the top taskbar.  Now locate the "size" column and click on the word "compute" next on the row with the name of "appdata."  A number will appear telling you how much data is there.

How do I determine if my appdata is cache-enabled, cache-only, or no cache?

Click on the name of the share (appdata) and it will open the share settings page.  Look at your "use cache disk" setting and report back the option it is set to (yes, no, or only).

How do I determine what apps are installed in the appdata share?

The easiest way is to click on the folder icon under the "view" column for the appdata share.  This will let you see all the contents of that share, which will typically be arranged into folders named after the app that it belongs to.  Some apps use different names for their appdata folders than their own name, but we can figure that out.

EDIT:  Follow-up question

Is your Docker image location set to live in your appdata share as well?  You can determine this by going to the Docker tab and under Docker Service Settings, check the path for "Docker image."

my appdata size?

appdata is cache-enabled, cache-only, or no cache?

what apps are installed in the appdata share?

1) 75GB with 67.3GB free

2) Cache-Only

3)nzbget, sonarr, kodi, mariadb, airvideoserver, plex, couchpotato, reverseproxy, ddclient

*EDIT*

docker.img is in my Appdata share.

Mine is set-up as /mnt/cache/docker/appdata.  15GB in size and set to cache only.  Currently sits at 18.4 GB computed.  This is all I use the update for is docker.

Docker containers used:  Plex, PlexConnect, CrashPlan, Subsonic, Sonarr, NZBGet, Couchpotato and Transmisssion. 

Kryspy

My cache-only appdata share takes up 55 GB on a 512 GB SSD cache drive.

20GB of that is in the Plex/.../Media directory and 27 GB is in the Plex/../Cache directory.  Neither of those really need to be on an SSD, so I may symlink them off to the array at some point.

The 15 GB docker image is in the root of the cache drive, not in the share.

The main Docker apps are: Crashplan / Plex / plexWatch

Appdata is set as Cache-Only.

Appdata excluding Docker.img is 85 Meg.

Docker.img is inside Appdata share.

Docker.img is 15360 Meg.

All of Appdata share is 15445 Meg.

Something to note, the usage of the docker containers is obscene inside the docker.img file.

I have 3 docker files installed, 339 Meg, 479 Meg, and 455 Meg.

The loopback docker.img device shows it as using 6.1Gig!

My appdata:

11G /mnt/ssd/appdata

3.6G /mnt/ssd/appdata/owncloud

2.6G /mnt/ssd/appdata/plexmediaserver

841M /mnt/ssd/appdata/crashplan

512M /mnt/ssd/appdata/madsonic

361M /mnt/ssd/appdata/mariadb

263M /mnt/ssd/appdata/BTSync

98M /mnt/ssd/appdata/couchpotato

83M /mnt/ssd/appdata/nzbdrone

25M /mnt/ssd/appdata/nzbget

19M /mnt/ssd/appdata/deluge