unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta15-x86_64 Available

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upgrade seemed to be ok with the exception of plexwatch.... Any ideas?

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
No SSH host key available. Generating one...
Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 DSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ECDSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ED25519 key; this may take some time ...
invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart.
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/edge.sh...
Bleeding edge not requested
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh...
Error: Unable to locate the 'Plex Media Server.log' file. Did you pass in the correct path?
*** /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh failed with status 1

*** Killing all processes...
Error: Unable to locate the 'Plex Media Server.log' file. Did you pass in the correct path?

Updated my Testbed server.  Everything has gone as expected so far.

Ran a parity check.  It completed in 1hr 17min, which is virtually identical to the times recorded while running on 14B.

Next, time to check out my test Win7 VM, installed while on 14B.

further investigation looks like I've lost all my config

And further...it seems that the changes made to the docker config refuse to stick upon creating the container. I tried to delete the container and image, but still can't add folder mapping......

further investigation looks like I've lost all my config

Just updated from 14b and everything seems to be up and running okay - five dockers and many more plugins.

Thank you and well done to all the team.

Before I rebooted, I changed the dafault boot mode to non-Xen.

I started looking at the VM Manager/KVM can do for me.

On the VMs tab the popup help seems to be a little off - the template field advises:

"Select domain operating system type, Windows or Other for Linux, OSX and others."

This makes me wonder whether the popup help for the Operating System field is correct: "define the base OS"

Edit to add:

I've just noticed that the cpu speeds, as reported on the dashboard tab, are a lot more dynamic, though higher than I would expect for a reported CPU utilization, which sits at 1 - 2% - most of the eight cpus are constantly shown as running in excess of 2000MHz.

well for someone who has never created a VM before, it was all very well labelled and understandable. Although simple, i already have a ubuntu VM up and running.

Thanks team

one quick question, do i need to have "Setup bridge:" enabled for this to work? It was already enabled from a previous xen attempt i think and i'm wondering if i can disable it?

I've just noticed that the cpu speeds, as reported on the dashboard tab, are a lot more dynamic, though higher than I would expect for a reported CPU utilization, which sits at 1 - 2% - most of the eight cpus are constantly shown as running in excess of 2000MHz.

As you know, that's just the clock speed -- what % of the CPU is being used doesn't matter ... at least not directly.  You're still using VERY little power on an Ivy Bridge CPU at that low a percentage (and it would be even lower with a Haswell CPU).    It would, of course, be lower still if SpeedStep was working correctly and the CPU frequency was reduced; but there's a known bug in UnRAID's CPU throttling for Ivy and Haswell CPU's (not sure if it impacts any earlier generations).    LimeTech is aware of this; but it's not high on their priority list for fixes.

Updated my test server - all went fine. Thanks a lot for this great unRAID release.

VM's, Docker, all is working flawless. I have removed the vmMan plug-in and I see VM Manager icon now under "SETTINGS". That is correct?

The only issue that I see is an empty screen when I try to check is Plugins are up-to-date. Log is empty and not showing any error (..and yes I cleared my browser cache)

screenshot_2015-04-18_12_20_33.jpg.14067a08f2c5ba196b74a7f7eb546dca.jpg

Updated my test server - all went fine. Thanks a lot for this great unRAID release.

VM's, Docker, all is working flawless. I have removed the vmMan plug-in and I see VM Manager icon now under "SETTINGS". That is correct?

The only issue that I see is an empty screen when I try to check is Plugins are up-to-date. Log is empty and not showing any error (..and yes I cleared my browser cache)

yes, i get the same.

Eventually it will finish and show a done button.

Got it

trying to setup a VM of Ubuntu  but getting this error when I hit create

Error creating VM: Cannot check QEMU binary 408f302d-dad7-dd11-8030-08606e88d06bx86_64SandyBridgeInteltcprdma16190888none0dac0+0:+100+0:+100hvm32/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64pcpc-1.3pc-0.12pc-q35-1.6xenpvpc-i440fx-1.7pc-q35-1.5pc-i440fx-1.6q35pc-q35-2.1pc-0.11pc-1.2isapcpc-0.10pc-q35-1.4xenfvpc-0.15pc-i440fx-1.5pc-q35-2.0pc-i440fx-1.4pc-0.14pc-1.1pc-q35-1.7pc-i440fx-2.1pc-1.0pc-i440fx-2.0pc-0.13hvm64/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64pcpc-1.3pc-0.12pc-q35-1.6xenpvpc-i440fx-1.7pc-q35-1.5pc-i440fx-1.6q35pc-q35-2.1pc-0.11pc-1.2isapcpc-0.10pc-q35-1.4xenfvpc-0.15pc-i440fx-1.5pc-q35-2.0pc-i440fx-1.4pc-0.14pc-1.1pc-q35-1.7pc-i440fx-2.1pc-1.0pc-i440fx-2.0pc-0.13: No such file or directory

well for someone who has never created a VM before, it was all very well labelled and understandable. Although simple, i already have a ubuntu VM up and running.

Thanks team

one quick question, do i need to have "Setup bridge:" enabled for this to work? It was already enabled from a previous xen attempt i think and i'm wondering if i can disable it?

Yes you need a network bridge set up in settings/network. If you have xenbr0 still set up you can use that or shorten it to br0

* Preemptible kernel.  This should solve the 'RCU Timeout' errors seen by some h/w configurations.  Though additional overhead comes with a preemptible kernel, the general "response" will be much smoother, especially within VM's.  Some users may experience a slight decrease in parity sync/check times, let us know your results.

I installed b15 and it appears that my Xen VMs are acting a lot better.  I've had periodic stutters in my Windows 7 MediaCenter VM that seem to be cleared up.  Time will tell, but so far so good.  Caveat: Because of some issues, I am still using Xen 4.4.0.  I'm not sure if that makes any difference.