[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

1 hour ago, iXNyNe said:

Switch your image to

lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:version-26.0.2

then run

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar # if successful, repeat until there are no more updates

then switch back to

lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:latest

Thanks @iXNyNe

OK, my docker was turned off when I changed the image, when I started it, it did an update.... then when I ran:

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

I get:

image.png.ea6412e0cb5462fa6aa08c0ee2aeb3c9.png

I assume I should say no to update, as its a downgrade, then change back to original image and hopefully all be good?

Edited by SliMat
1 hour ago, iXNyNe said:

then switch back to

As soon as I change docker repository back to;

The docker 'updates' and when I check the log file it shows;

Cant start nextcloud because the version...

Also when I change the repository to;

It shows that NextCloud is running in log, well it actually DOESNT say it cant start it... so I assume its running - but I still have no Web UI ?!?!

7 hours ago, dricha42 said:

After upgrading the container on the latest channel to 27.0.1, I am no longer able to find "occ" where I would expect to find it.  How can I (if at all) get it back?

if you would have read the previous post's you should have read that the installation design type has changed ...

well, to make it short ...

root@270d2b3bc200:/# which occ
/usr/bin/occ
root@270d2b3bc200:/#

it now resides inside the container in the standard /usr/bin ... you can just tyoe "occ" in the terminal as note ...

• Thanks 1
On 8/3/2023 at 9:09 AM, SliMat said:

As soon as I change docker repository back to;

The docker 'updates' and when I check the log file it shows;

Cant start nextcloud because the version...

Also when I change the repository to;

It shows that NextCloud is running in log, well it actually DOESNT say it cant start it... so I assume its running - but I still have no Web UI ?!?!

I am in exactly the same position with the same problem. After changing the repository to 26.0.2 the updater wants to "upgrade" to 25.0.9. This does not work. The terminal window disappears after the extraction step.

Can we go back to an older version available before 25.0.9 that the updater can then work on?

4 hours ago, malebron said:

I am in exactly the same position with the same problem. After changing the repository to 26.0.2 the updater wants to "upgrade" to 25.0.9. This does not work. The terminal window disappears after the extraction step.

Can we go back to an older version available before 25.0.9 that the updater can then work on?

I found this useful document "https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2023-06-25-nextcloud/"

Which says:

Check your /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php file or /config/www/nextcloud/version.php file to determine the version you have installed

Switch your image to the corresponding major version from the table above (ex: your files indicate 24.x.x, use lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:version-24.0.12) and start the container

The file  "/config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php" contains the lines
  'default_phone_region' => 'US',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '25.0.4.1',

BUT

The file "/config/www/nextcloud/version.php" contains
<?php
$OC_Version = array(26,0,2,1);
$OC_VersionString = '26.0.2';
$OC_Edition = '';
$OC_Channel = 'stable';
$OC_VersionCanBeUpgradedFrom = array (
  'nextcloud' =>

Do I have 25.0.4 OR 26.0.2 ?

Whichever image I choose, the updater fails with "Downloaded version is lower than installed version":

root@_____:~# docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar
Nextcloud Updater - version: v26.0.0beta2-9-g64e2e4c dirty

Current version is 26.0.2.

Update to Nextcloud 25.0.9 available. (channel: "stable")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-25.0.9.zip
Open changelog ↗

Steps that will be executed:
[ ] Check for expected files
[ ] Check for write permissions
[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Enable maintenance mode
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Move new files in place
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[✔] Check for expected files
[✔] Check for write permissions
[✔] Create backup
[✔] Downloading
[✔] Verify integrity
[✘] Extracting failed
Downloaded version is lower than installed version

Update failed. To resume or retry just execute the updater again.
root@_____:~#

On 8/3/2023 at 3:06 PM, iXNyNe said:

Switch your image to

then run

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar # if successful, repeat until there are no more updates

then switch back to

I must be missing something as I have been trying every which way to get Nextcloud working again, but the 'update' just keeps failing saying that the installed version is higher than the upgrade...

image.png.ff57e5ea86159480fc91b967afb30d7c.png

Any thoughts before I delete the Nextcloud docker and give up?

Thanks

@SliMat I have had the EXACT same issue as you. I just fixed it by setting my repository to 25.0.4 and editing "/config/www/nextcloud/version.php" to replace 26.x.x with 25.0.4.  My guess is that when I followed the advice in this thread and set the repo to 26, this file was updated - even though it was actually on 25.x.x.

After this you can follow the instructions here: N

https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2023-06-25-nextcloud/

3 minutes ago, malebron said:

@SliMat I have had the EXACT same issue as you. I just fixed it by setting my repository to 25.0.4 and editing "/config/www/nextcloud/version.php" to replace 26.x.x with 25.0.4.  My guess is that when I followed the advice in this thread and set the repo to 26, this file was updated - even though it was actually on 25.x.x.

After this you can follow the instructions here: N

https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2023-06-25-nextcloud/

Thanks @malebron I did go down this route myself, but when I ran updater I got a write permissions error... so I have just deleted the docker entirely and started again - which is going to take hours to set up, but as I have been on this for over 2 weeks so far, I guessed it would still be quicker :(

The only query I have now, is when I started the installation it warned me that I 'chose' SQLite as the database... which I didnt as there was no option to use MariaDB which is still installed from my previous NextCloud docker.

Any ideas how to switch from SQLite... or, if it's OK to just use this anyhow?

Thanks

On 7/16/2023 at 12:58 AM, bumpkin said:

I have another EXTRA_FILE question.  I'd happily delete the files below, but I can't seem to find them using the container's console.  Any tips?

Technical information
=====================
The following list covers which files have failed the integrity check. Please read
the previous linked documentation to learn more about the errors and how to fix
them.

Results
=======
- core
	- EXTRA_FILE
		- core/js/tests/specs/appsSpec.js
		- dist/files_trashbin-files_trashbin.js
		- dist/files_trashbin-files_trashbin.js.LICENSE.txt
		- dist/files_trashbin-files_trashbin.js.map
		- lib/private/Files/ObjectStore/NoopScanner.php
		- lib/private/Updater/ChangesResult.php
		- lib/public/WorkflowEngine/IEntityCompat.php
		- lib/public/WorkflowEngine/IOperationCompat.php

Raw output
==========
Array
(
    [core] => Array
        (
            [EXTRA_FILE] => Array
                (
                    [core/js/tests/specs/appsSpec.js] => Array
                        (
                            [expected] => 
                            [current] => cf1ff76b5129943a1ffd6ea068ce6e8bc277718b9d0c81dccce47d723e1f290be20f197b6543f17f3b2ac78d8d4986354db4103de2b5e31c76e00e248984605b
                        )

[dist/files_trashbin-files_trashbin.js] => Array
                        (
                            [expected] => 
                            [current] => 24e537aff151f18ae18af31152bcfd7de9c96f0f6fdcca4c1ad975ece80bb35a2ab7d51c257af6a9762728d7688c9ba37a5359a950eb1e9f401d4b9d875d92b2
                        )

[dist/files_trashbin-files_trashbin.js.LICENSE.txt] => Array
                        (
                            [expected] => 
                            [current] => 2e40e4786aa1f3a96022164e12a5868e0c6a482e89b3642e1d5eea6502725061e2077786c6cd118905e499b56b2fc58e4efc34d6810ff96a56c54bf990790975
                        )

[dist/files_trashbin-files_trashbin.js.map] => Array
                        (
                            [expected] => 
                            [current] => 65c2a7ddc654364d8884aaee8af4e506da87e54ae82f011989d6b96a625b0dbfba14be6d6af545fa074a23ccf2cc29043a411dc3ac1f80a24955c8a9faa28754
                        )

[lib/private/Files/ObjectStore/NoopScanner.php] => Array
                        (
                            [expected] => 
                            [current] => 62d6c5360faf2c7fca90eaafa0e92f85502794a42a5993e2fe032c58b4089947773e588ad80250def78f268499e0e1d9b6b05bc8237cc946469cd6f1fb0b590c
                        )

[lib/private/Updater/ChangesResult.php] => Array
                        (
                            [expected] => 
                            [current] => d2e964099dfd4c6d49ae8fc2c6cbc7d230d4f5c19f80804d5d28df5d5c65786a37ea6f554deacecad679d39dbba0d6bd6e4edadca292238f45f18f080277dad0
                        )

[lib/public/WorkflowEngine/IEntityCompat.php] => Array
                        (
                            [expected] => 
                            [current] => ea1856748e5fcf8a901597871f1708bdf28db69d6fa8771c70f38212f028b2ff744b04019230721c64b484675982d495a2c96d1175453130b4563c6a61942213
                        )

[lib/public/WorkflowEngine/IOperationCompat.php] => Array
                        (
                            [expected] => 
                            [current] => 6c09c15e9d855343cc33a682b95a827546fa56c20cc6a249774f7b11f75486159ebfe740ffcba2c9fa9342ab115e7bf99b8c25f71bb490c5d844da251b9751ed
                        )

)

)

)

On 7/16/2023 at 2:37 AM, iXNyNe said:

Core files are in /app/www/public inside the container. The best thing to do is recreate the container. I don't know of a short way to do this on unRAID, but when the container image updates (usually weekly) it should solve itself.

I just updated (27.0.1, latest docker image I think), and I am getting the same errors, should I delete them manually or do something else or just wait?

2 hours ago, SliMat said:

Thanks @malebron I did go down this route myself, but when I ran updater I got a write permissions error... so I have just deleted the docker entirely and started again - which is going to take hours to set up, but as I have been on this for over 2 weeks so far, I guessed it would still be quicker :(

The only query I have now, is when I started the installation it warned me that I 'chose' SQLite as the database... which I didnt as there was no option to use MariaDB which is still installed from my previous NextCloud docker.

Any ideas how to switch from SQLite... or, if it's OK to just use this anyhow?

Thanks

I initially had a permissions error also. Since it was for the version.php file I just edited, I simply used chmod 777 to enable all permissions on that file. I know that's a sledgehammer approach, but it allowed the updater to complete.

I can't help on the SQLite question, but I remember that MariaDB was recommended. It was a while ago, but I think I followed a SpaceInvaderOne video in my initial installation. That may be your best bet.

1 hour ago, malebron said:

I initially had a permissions error also. Since it was for the version.php file I just edited, I simply used chmod 777 to enable all permissions on that file. I know that's a sledgehammer approach, but it allowed the updater to complete.

I can't help on the SQLite question, but I remember that MariaDB was recommended. It was a while ago, but I think I followed a SpaceInvaderOne video in my initial installation. That may be your best bet.

Yes, thanks I used SpaceInvaderOnes tut years ago, so may start again tomorrow.

I did chmod the updater directory to 777 too as this was where it flagged the write permissions error to, but it still errored... so I decided to start again :(

Thanks

Hey folks,

Im an unRaid newbie but got my first server up and running. Im in th eprocess of migrating services from my old Ubuntu (corrupted) machine to a new unRaid setup. It was a steep learning curve but Im happy to say that most things are up and running, except the most important service Nextcloud!

My old server was stuck on php 7.4 since I couldnt install any new software anymore and I guess thatshwy NC remains on version 25.0.9. It was a "plain" install without any docker or virtualization.

After copying my mySQL, Nextcloud dir and the Nextcloud data dir I wanted to startup the container on the unraid machine but got confronted with an error saying that the old instance found is two major versions behind the current version on the new server. And its only supported to be one major version behind.

So now it seems Im stuck having an old NC 25 backup and an up to date but empty unraid/docker container on version 27.

Can someone guide me on how to resue my Nextcloud restoration project? Ideally pointing to some step by step guide since I already had my fair share of challenges moving all the files from a standalone install to a docker based setup.

I was able to get docker to pull the 26.0.2 version from linuxserver. However, I seem to be lost in the next steps. Here is what I did:

1. Left MariDB Docker and Nextcloud data directory untouched (already had copied my backup into the respective folders).

2. Reinstalled Nextcloud container with 26.0.2 version.

3. Then copied my nextcloud dir backup into /mnt/cache/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/

Starting Nextcloud doesnt seem to recognize any of my restoration attempts.

Here is the log after starting nextcloud container:

using keys found in /config/keys
**** The following active confs have different version dates than the samples that are shipped. ****
**** This may be due to user customization or an update to the samples. ****
**** You should compare the following files to the samples in the same folder and update them. ****
**** Use the link at the top of the file to view the changelog. ****
┌────────────┬────────────┬────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│  old date  │  new date  │ path                                                                   │
├────────────┼────────────┼────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
│ 2023-06-23 │ 2023-04-13 │ /config/nginx/site-confs/default.conf                                  │
│ 2023-06-24 │ 2022-08-20 │ /config/nginx/ssl.conf                                                 │
└────────────┴────────────┴────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
**** The following site-confs have extensions other than .conf ****
**** This may be due to user customization. ****
**** You should review the files and rename them to use the .conf extension or remove them. ****
**** nginx.conf will only include site-confs with the .conf extension. ****
/config/nginx/site-confs/default
[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...

When I try to open the webgui I just get a 404.

I still feel very insecure whether I restored everything to the right folders since Im new to the docker environment. What is the best step by step routine to troubleshoot the situation and find out where things have gone wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

Server setup:

- unRaid 6.12.3

- Appdata / Cache on a mirrored ZFS Pool 2x NVME SSD
- ZFS RaidZ1 Pool with 3 HDDs (replacing the classic Array)

10 minutes ago, levster said:

So, just to be sure, even though the updater within the Nextcloud administration page says that a new version is available (27.0.2), nothing should be done until the docker update is available?

Well  i tried the lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:version-27.0.2 syntax and it said not found and it orphaned my image.

Had to re-add the docker and user lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:latest to get it back up and running

Edited by ijuarez
7 hours ago, levster said:

So, just to be sure, even though the updater within the Nextcloud administration page says that a new version is available (27.0.2), nothing should be done until the docker update is available?

thats what it did for me. looking at docker hub tag 27.0.1 and latest appear identical. 

I just went to check if there was un update for Nextcloud under the Docker page and I no longer see the Nextcloud at all! I am baffled. I did not remove it yet it is gone!!! Any suggestions?

I re-added it, but am not sure why or how it disappeared from the Docker page...

Edited by levster
On 7/21/2023 at 1:21 AM, iXNyNe said:

The built in updater in the web UI is no longer supported when using our docker image (I believe the official image from nextcloud also doesn't support it).

The correct way to update nextcloud is to update the container image.

After reading up on the developments on this front: thank you! Both for the work and the info supply.

• Like 1
On 8/7/2023 at 8:59 PM, Mihle said:

I just updated (27.0.1, latest docker image I think), and I am getting the same errors, should I delete them manually or do something else or just wait?

After another update, its indeed fixed itself.

Edited by Mihle

(A)

I wanted to manually update from 26.0.5.1 to 27.0.2 using UNRAID terminal.

-my docker image was set to lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:version-25.0.2, (this was done several months ago, to resolve issues when migrating v24 to 25 - I didn't realize this after I started erors below).

- On UNRAID terminal I executed "docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar"

The updater process started, but it gets stuck at "Delete old files"..Error message says:

[✘] Delete old files failed
core/shipped.json is not available

Update failed. To resume or retry just execute the updater again.

No matter how often I re-execute "docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar", I end up with the same error.

On the other side, WebGUI: states "Update in process."

(B)

Following is the version currently installed:

www/nextcloud/version.php --> (v 26.0.5.1)

www/nextcloud/config/config.php -->(v 26.0.5.1)

(C)

When I execute following command in UNRAID terminal docker logs nextcloud

I get following error listed.

PHP Warning:  require_once(/config/www/nextcloud/lib/versioncheck.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php on line 40
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Failed opening required '/config/www/nextcloud/lib/versioncheck.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php8') in /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php:40
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
  thrown in /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php on line 40

(D)

What do I do?

Edited by tmor2