Unraid OS version 6.12.0 available

On 6/18/2023 at 6:21 PM, craigr said:

It looks like it's been updated according to the thread now.  I didn't know about this script.  I may give it a try.  I hate that PLEX is constantly thrashing my SSD's.  However, I did calculate it out by the increase in LBA's over a 24 hour period and it only comes out to about 50 GB a year.  I don't know if the scrip really makes a difference for SSD life, at least in my applications.

Where do you see an update? It is still v1.4 which seems to have problems with 6.12 or at least rc6

9 hours ago, J89eu said:

Hi all, since updating my system performance has gone insanely bad, to the point the web interface is not usable if I perform a simple task like erasing a drive... I've been talking about this loosely in the Unraid discord but seems no one is able to really concentrate on the one issue to help, and I get that, there's a lot of people asking questions that overlap, it is what it is. I'm happy to separate this out to an entirely new thread if needed...

Thanks for including diagnostics, but troubleshooting in this thread is very difficult as there is a lot going on. Please start a new thread with all the details and diagnostics in General Support. Thanks!

Congratulations on integrating ZFS!

*** MY BAD *** Creating a single disk share actually makes a datastore *****

I would like to create a ZFS-only shares on the array and have a separate datastore for each share to enable replication and snapshots. While going through the release notes, I came across the following information: "Top-level user shares in a ZFS pool are created as datasets instead of ordinary directories." However, I haven't found an official way to achieve this for a single ZFS drive within the array through the settings.

Manually, it is easy to accomplish, but I wanted to think aloud and see if anyone has any insights into potential issues with my strategy in unRAID or if there are alternative approaches that align better with the "Out of the box - unRAID way". In my understanding, this approach should work, but I am unsure if I might unintentionally disrupt any underlying mechanisms in unRAID by manually creating the datasets.

Here's what I have done so far:

1. Converted disk 15 to ZFS.
  2. Manually created disk15/Nextcloud.
  3. Configured the included disk to only include disk 15.
  4. Migrated my existing data to disk 15. 

image.thumb.png.724179de188496557187dd57367de3c7.png

So far so good, but please let me know if you have any suggestions on a better strategy and/or if there are any potential concerns with my current setup.

PS I guess Exclusive access is not relevant here since the folder is on the array, not a zfs pool.

Edited by steini84
solved
  • Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, steini84 said:

However, I haven't found an official way to achieve this for a single ZFS drive within the array through the settings.

If when you create the share you set it to use only disk15 it should create the dataset there, or didn't work like that?

Is there any work done on the Docker Issue?  (Present since rc4).   I'm talking about the issue that prevent Dockers (any of them) from Starting giving a "Server Error" instead and that only a Full server reboot can fix (Disabling Docker + Re-Enabling doesn't work to fix it).

Refering to this thread :  https://forums.unraid.net/topic/140301-unraid-612-rc7-docker-stops-after-update/

I know at least 2 other persons that updated to 6.12 having this issue now.

Thanks! 

I'm having trouble viewing the new notifications style in the Web UI when using Chrome on Android. Unable to select the options in the dropdown for Alerts Warnings Notices when a notification should show. Tried with desktop mode checked and not. On desktop Chrome it's working fine, but the old display method worked much better for mobile.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Presjar said:

I'm having trouble viewing the new notifications style in the Web UI when using Chrome on Android. Unable to select the options in the dropdown for Alerts Warnings Notices when a notification should show. Tried with desktop mode checked and not. On desktop Chrome it's working fine, but the old display method worked much better for mobile.

Yes. It's very hard to see and handle notifications from mobile devices. 

Also, see

On 6/15/2023 at 6:30 AM, TheMantis said:

I have just upgraded from the previous stable version and now there is no access the GUI, unraid connect, Dockers, or via SSH/telnet. The physical monitor on the server indicates a successful boot and I'm receiving email notifications of things that normally occur on boot. 

In unraid connect the mange server help says this: These URLs are currently inaccessible from your location. This means they may be offline, not using a myunraid.net certificate, or are inaccessible from your current location. These URLs may still allow access to the server.

Any ideas before I roll back to the previous stable version?

I am having the exact same issue as Mantis describes here. I can access my server through my IPMI but cant access it in GUI mode this way... due to a weird issue with the fact I have an nvidia card installed as well, but thats another issue... I have a diagnostics done. My server is not easily accessible due to space limitations. So i'm just wondering whats the command to downgrade for now in order to get access to the diagnostics.... Or alternatively whats the command to view the file so i can copy paste the info into another file for sharing. cheers 

4 hours ago, steini84 said:

It seemed to only create a folder, not a dataset. 

Cannot reproduce, created a new share with only disk3 as included and it created a dataset:

Jun 20 17:47:18 Tower15 shfs: /usr/sbin/zfs create 'disk3/test'
Jun 20 17:47:18 Tower15 emhttpd: Starting services...
Jun 20 17:47:18 Tower15 emhttpd: shcmd (1053): chmod 0777 '/mnt/user/test'
Jun 20 17:47:18 Tower15 emhttpd: shcmd (1054): chown 'nobody':'users' '/mnt/user/test'

11 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Cannot reproduce, created a new share with only disk3 as included and it created a dataset:

Jun 20 17:47:18 Tower15 shfs: /usr/sbin/zfs create 'disk3/test'
Jun 20 17:47:18 Tower15 emhttpd: Starting services...
Jun 20 17:47:18 Tower15 emhttpd: shcmd (1053): chmod 0777 '/mnt/user/test'
Jun 20 17:47:18 Tower15 emhttpd: shcmd (1054): chown 'nobody':'users' '/mnt/user/test'

you are correct, dont know what i was doing earlier.  thanks :)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tazire said:

So i'm just wondering whats the command to downgrade for now in order to get access to the diagnostics.... Or alternatively whats the command to view the file so i can copy paste the info into another file for sharing. cheers 

Please follow the directions here to manually upgrade to 6.12.1:

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/upgrade-instructions/#manual-upgrade-or-downgrade

If you continue to have trouble after the upgrade, from telnet, SSH, or a local keyboard/monitor, sign in and type "diagnostics", it will put the file in the "logs" directory on the flash drive. You can then upload those to a new thread in general support where you describe the issue. It is very difficult to troubleshoot in the release thread, so a new thread is best.

4 hours ago, johnwhicker said:

To switch to SimonF's IPMI and NUT do I have uninstall the unsupported versions first and then install SimonF's?

Yes

4 hours ago, johnwhicker said:

Would the configurations stay or I have to re-configure everything all over again after the SimonF versions install?

The configuration of IPMI stayed, can't vouch for NUT as I don't use it.

After updating, nginx wont start because something is creating a port that's invalid. My default port was 5580, so I assume something was added in the version to create ssl port. Without nginx I don't know what to change to fix it.

root@Teletraan-1:~# tail -f /var/log/nginx/error.log
2023/06/15 16:50:19 [emerg] 7493#7493: invalid port in "127.0.0.1:554430" of the "listen" directive in /etc/nginx/conf.d/servers.conf:23

less /etc/nginx/conf.d/servers.conf

server {
    listen 127.0.0.1:5580; # lo
    listen 127.0.0.1:554430; # lo
    listen [::1]:5580; # lo
    listen [::1]:554430; # lo

So the problem is 554430 is out of range obviously. If I edit the server.conf and try to start nginx these lines are added in again. Where is this coming from and how do I change it without having web access?

Edited by Juise99
16 hours ago, Squid said:

Probably /config/ident.cfg on the flash drive

use nano to edit /boot/config/ident.cfg, or if you've exported the flash drive over SMB you can do it via the network

"Use nano", oh you silly kids! :)

Seriously though, thanks! I have no idea where it got that extra 0 from for the ssl port