Unraid OS version 6.12.3 available

The 6.12.3 release includes a set of bug fixes for networking and Docker.  All users are encouraged to upgrade.

Please refer also to the 6.12.0 Announcement post.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
  2. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
  3. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.2, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
    umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully (This issue is resolved with this release)

4. Go to Tools -> Update OS. If the update doesn't show, click "Check for Updates"
  5. Wait for the update to download and install
  6. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
  7. Reboot

This thread is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

I sure hope this updates the stability of some of my containers on ZFS

Been having a lot of problems especially with Plex (using official container) and I have a lot of friends and family that use it. It's been going down several times a day where we started the container is necessary

Mover has a lot of problems on 6.12.2 as well, especially when trying to move shares from a ZFS pool to the array using xfs it will never finish completely because it can't delete the data sets from ZFS

• Like 1

I see a new acknowledgment release note have been read 

That's a great step. I've been seeing nothing but questions about Docker on reddit and when we see the specs I saw the issues listed in the release notes and how to fix them. People need to read more lol

Screenshot_20230714-222134.png

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Can0n said:

Been having a lot of problems especially with Plex (using official container) and I have a lot of friends and family that use it. It's been going down several times a day where we started the container is necessary

Plex is mentioned specifically in the release notes (which I know you read : ) ) so if you continue to have issues add --no-healthcheck as mentioned there

20 minutes ago, Can0n said:

Mover has a lot of problems on 6.12.2 as well, especially when trying to move shares from a ZFS pool to the array using xfs it will never finish completely because it can't delete the data sets from ZFS

If you have a thread discussing this, be sure to add new diagnostics after upgrading to 6.12.3. If you don't have a thread, please create one specific to this issue.  It is very difficult to have a lot of back and forth in a release thread.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

On 6.12.2 and 6.12.3 Everytime docker starts it stays like this a substantial amount of time. Do not have plex here; but Jellyfin. 

My first question is does the system eventually recover? But this seems like a topic that will take a bit of back and forth, so I'd suggest creating your own thread and uploading diagnostics. It is very difficult to have a lot of back and forth in a release thread.

• Like 1

My first question is does the system eventually recover? But this seems like a topic that will take a bit of back and forth, so I'd suggest creating your own thread and uploading diagnostics. It is very difficult to have a lot of back and forth in a release thread.

I apologize. I’ll open my own thread tomorrow, but yes, it seems at exactly 30 minutes in it “recovers”

3405803dfe1b287dcba7e4ee1d74014d.png
7573e4f9990da4d7a412cbb34eaeacf1.png
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, CiscoCoreX said:

But it seems to work after an reboot then.

You've had a old version from the Plugin-Update-Helper (which ships with third party plugins) installed which caused this message, this is now fixed if you have already rebooted.

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, tuxbass said:

Amazing that docker is even capable of affecting the array in this manner.

When the array stops, also all primary storage (previously called (unraid-)pools) need to stop (all filesystems unmount) as well, not only filesysstems on disks from the array (secondary storage). Hence running dockers need to be shutdown/stopped before the array can be safely stopped. It's not amazing, it comes natural with it.

9 hours ago, blaine07 said:

On 6.12.2 and 6.12.3 Everytime docker starts it stays like this a substantial amount of time. Do not have plex here; but Jellyfin. 

Anyone else see this?

I had the same problem, high docker usage, had to downgrade to 6.11 which works great.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Plex is mentioned specifically in the release notes (which I know you read : ) ) so if you continue to have issues add --no-healthcheck as mentioned there

If you have a thread discussing this, be sure to add new diagnostics after upgrading to 6.12.3. If you don't have a thread, please create one specific to this issue.  It is very difficult to have a lot of back and forth in a release thread.

No problem I added the --no-healthcheck andnits pretty stable so far *fingers crossed*

For the mover yes I had a thread for 6.12.2 with diagnostics about mover being extremely slow from zfs->XFS and xfs->ZFS but write construct might fixed the speed issues.

As for datasets etc and mover no worries when I get some time I'll runs some mover tests and post a new thread

11 minutes ago, Raptor said:

Intel UDH 750 not working :(

Uninstall the SR-IOV plugin and reboot, the maintainer has not uploaded new packages which are required for 6.12.3

You can also go back to 6.12.2 and install the SR-IOV plugin again if you really need it and wait until the maintainer uploads the updated plugin packages so you can upgrade to 6.12.3

Something is also wrong with your modprobe.d files, you have a i915.conf and a i915.conf.conf where one is set up wrong:

options i915 force_probe=4c8b
options i915 enable_guc=2blacklist i915

Please also switch from MACVLAN to IPVLAN in your Docker settings, you have to stop the Docker service to change that setting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just updated to 6.12.3 and I think everything works so far except when trying to open any "VM Console (VNC)" for every VM it doesn't work "Failed to connect to server" and I receive the following error in the webterminal syslog.

Jul 16 09:32:50 REDACTED nginx: 2023/07/16 09:32:50 [error] 14344#14344: *3728 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading upstream, client: 192.168.xxx.xxx, server: , request: "GET //wsproxy/5700/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:5700/", host: "redacted"

26 minutes ago, Malakai said:

I just updated to 6.12.3 and I think everything works so far except when trying to open any "VM Console (VNC)" for every VM it doesn't work "Failed to connect to server" and I receive the following error in the webterminal syslog.

Clear the cookies in your browser for the unRAID site. I've had this happen to me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1