Dynamix - V6 Plugins

There must be a better way within linux to interface with motherboard fans. There's tons of software for windows.

Is it possible to pass the motherboard fans through to a VM?

At the moment I have mine set to follow the cpu temp and if the weather is hot I might mannally change it in bios.

Edited by dopeytree
7 hours ago, dopeytree said:

There must be a better way within linux to interface with motherboard fans. There's tons of software for windows.

sure its possible, just a matter of writing something for it ... as we can fetch anything and we could control all fans independantly ... so go ahead and just write something for it if you wish ... but please dont be sad if unraid "hangs" and your fans cant follow anymore ,,,

in the end, this plugin by design is only following hdd temps by design, doesnt mean nothing else would be possible ... but if you really want to give your CPU fan control to the the OS ... its up to you, im pretty sure the dev of this plugin didnt wanted to be responsible for fried CPU's due "whatever" ... ;)

Ah sorry I didn't mean I want unraid to control my CPU fan.

I meant this is how I currently control the HDD fans in bios using cpu temp.

I've tried the HDD plugin but it seems to crash the fan driver causing one bios set fan to break.

I wish I had the skills to write something to help fix the issue.

Edited by dopeytree
On 9/25/2023 at 11:40 AM, alturismo said:

either you use your BIOS Fan Curve ... OR ... you use fan speed control here ...

so, if you dont use fan speed control here, your BIOS curve will follow its rules ... or you override your BIOS with this application (plugin). sample, your CPU Fan should only be setted in the BIOS as CPU Temp is no function of this plugin, on your array fans you CAN use it or you leave it ...

sample usage in my usecase, my HDD disks are in chamber nr. 2, i buildin 4 fans there (2x in, 2x out) and i wanted them to stop while my HDD's are in spindown ... no fan cooling necessarry in my case there.

sample as of now (array disks are in spindown and fans are off, controlled by autofan ...)

image.thumb.png.291f3499151de256dca1820618424020.png

while all other fans here are not controlled by autofan as they have no reference to the HDD Temps ...

so in the end, its your choice ... just read what it does, think about it what you want and setup the way you want ...

I've no idea what you are saying. Its not answering my question of what to set the fans in BIOS to, to allow this plugin to control the system fans. I've no idea what the screen is (its not the plugin screen) so this doesnt help me in any way :-(

What might be helpful would be some documentation for how this plugin works or even some help text when hovvering over settings. 

I *think* I have it working but I dont know really. A 1m minimum check time seems quite long to me also. My HDD could go from "fine" to "toasty" in that time I reckon???

On 9/17/2023 at 12:02 AM, vw-kombi said:

OK - trying that now - same tests :

set to high setting (500bps) 

spun down all disks (if that matters)

started the movie 12:08.

Checked back at 12:30 - still playing move - OK

Checked back at 13:00 - still playing

Checked back at 13:30 - still playing

Movie ended at 13:50 - at the end of the credits - unraid went to sleep.

Its not very forgiving there - should have some sort of time delay or something ?

No time to even select something else to watch!

No. It's hardly an ideal workaround. I've been a happy UNRAID user for around 15 years and was the person who first came up with the idea to include network monitoring in the original sleep script, but it's really not the answer for malfunctioning disk monitoring. Especially since the current Dynamix S3 Sleep runs the time lag countdown before the network monitoring check.  That could be changed, but isn't a solution to the root issue with the disk monitoring.

While I've been a big fan of UNRAID and the community and developers that support all the useful features that have been added, this is where the support model fails. i.e., when a useful plugin developer is no longer present to maintain their work.

Since this disk monitoring issue came up, I've struggled to deal with it, and only recently found the time to check here, to confirm I was the not the only one affected.

What I've had to do in the meantime is manually disable and later re-enable the Sleep settings from the Dynamix GUI. This isn't really any better than permanently disabling the script and using the Dynamix GUI to manually put the server to sleep when not using it.

Edited by lewcass
Clarity
  • Like 1

On top of this sleep issue, one of my UnRAID servers stopped waking up from sleep with WOL and I have no idea why. It works if I put it to sleep manually with the GUI, but it doesn't if the sleep plugin does it.  Identical MB to the other server, identical sleep settings, but WOL doesn't work anymore for that server. Neither server supports WOL from shutdown, but they both support it from sleep. Of course I checked the MAC Address, it's correct. Very weird.

Edited by Manni01

Hi

All new to unraid used to have synology. I had it shutting down after midnight as didn't require. I installed dynamix sleep and setup to try and emulate just after installing server shutdown now trying to switch back on it boots cannot access using gui and then shuts itself down everytime. Think I may have set timings wrong. Is there a way to get me back in.

On 7/2/2023 at 8:44 AM, PicPoc said:

Hi !
I use Dynamix System Stats and it's a really nice program ! thanks.
I wanted to know how change values of bars for discs :
-On a machine I have only one disc and it looks like this :

541750038_1Fin.thumb.png.37164056c187e3fdcbc0aa4743de71c5.png

-I wanted to see bigger like this :

543259534_2Epais.thumb.png.b3d67cc2752f390ad7ced5331928208f.png

Is it possible ?
Thanks !

I'm on unraid v6.9.2.

Bonienl doesn't read this thread : How can I hack to modify this app ?

Where are files ?

Thanks !

Edited by PicPoc
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 8:44 AM, PicPoc said:

Hi !
I use Dynamix System Stats and it's a really nice program ! thanks.
I wanted to know how change values of bars for discs :
-On a machine I have only one disc and it looks like this :

541750038_1Fin.thumb.png.37164056c187e3fdcbc0aa4743de71c5.png

-I wanted to see bigger like this :

543259534_2Epais.thumb.png.b3d67cc2752f390ad7ced5331928208f.png

Is it possible ?
Thanks !

I'm on unraid v6.9.2.

I think it's here, but how can I modify it ?

# vi /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.stats/SystemDisks.page

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everybody, 

I´ve a little stuck with a System Temp and Auto Fan Control on a B550 Taichi from Asrock. Maybe someone has already done it with this bord because after I changed from a MSI X470 nothing is working anymore :( . The Problem is that the Fans are not shown in the “System temp” Plugin and that is needed to add the fans to the fan control plugin. With the old bord it was working perfectly but sadly now I only can control the fans in BIOS. Actually for the CPU Fan thats ok but i need to controll the HDD fans.

What I’ve done until now.

• reinstalled the System Temp Plugin (alot)
  • reinstall Nerd Pack 
  • tipped Sensor Detect in the console and added the sensors with Mudprobe in the go file
  • changed Bios fan settings to every possible setting
  • Installed the Nuvoton NCT 6687 Driver pack
  • Added "append initrd=/bzroot acpi_enforce_resources=lax" in the start sequenz of the flash drive
  • Ask in the German forum 
  • Googled a lot.
  • Attempt this workaround
  • now asking in the Dynamx support Forum

Would be nice, if someone has some advice and could help me. I´m realy out of ideas

Screenshot 2023-10-29 173048.png

Screenshot 2023-11-02 150658.png

hanasselnas-diagnostics-20231029-1741.7z sensors-detect.txt

Greetings.

I am attempting to get the System Temp and System Autofan to work for my ASUS Prime B450M motherboard. The program appears to be able to detect my CPU and SSD probes, but the MOBO temperature and fan controller is not appearing. I have tried to read through the topic in this rather dense form as well as I can but am hitting a barrier.

Running

sensors-detect

yields the following

Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.
Just press ENTER to continue: y

Driver `to-be-written':
  * ISA bus, address 0x290
    Chip `ITE IT8655E Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `k10temp' (autoloaded):
  * Chip `AMD Family 17h thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)

Note: there is no driver for ITE IT8655E Super IO Sensors yet.
Check https://hwmon.wiki.kernel.org/device_support_status for updates.

No modules to load, skipping modules configuration.

While it says that the IT8655E has no driver, I found a post in this thread showing that the it87 driver actually does support that chip. So I placed it87 and k10temp as lines in the drver.conf on the boot device for this plugin and now it87 & k10temp both show up under available drivers.

Unfortunately still no results for the fan controller or MOBO temperature. I also tried running this in the terminal

modprobe it87 ignore_resource_conflict=1

but I get the response

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'it87': No such device

Did I mess something up or miss a step here? I have not seen anyone else have that kind of response to that query.

Thank You,

Alex

Edit:

Nevermind - right after posting this I noticed that the IT87 driver was not listed in system drivers. After installing the it87 driver plugin it works. I'll leave this here in case it helps someone else though.

Edited by prophetic-honour1787
15 hours ago, spl147 said:

not sure why any of that is in your go file, not needed!

in system temp mlugin you need to hit save then load. then the fans should appear

Hey

The reason is that I have tried several different solutions before I ask in the forum. That's also the reason why my go file is filled with some stuff.

And Of course I tried to click save in the plugin and restart and so on. But still nothing.

15 hours ago, spl147 said:

i have said this a thousand times and i'll say it again NOT EVERY board will work! support depends on hwmon. BEFORE buying a new board make sure it has support!!!

older boards will be more likely to be supported!

That's totally understandable that not every board is working. No need to pronounce it in big. Could only be that someone In the whole unraid world has the same board and an advice or an idea to help. 

Screenshot_2023-11-04-11-01-31-340-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

On 9/25/2023 at 12:40 PM, alturismo said:

either you use your BIOS Fan Curve ... OR ... you use fan speed control here ...

so, if you dont use fan speed control here, your BIOS curve will follow its rules ... or you override your BIOS with this application (plugin). sample, your CPU Fan should only be setted in the BIOS as CPU Temp is no function of this plugin, on your array fans you CAN use it or you leave it ...

sample usage in my usecase, my HDD disks are in chamber nr. 2, i buildin 4 fans there (2x in, 2x out) and i wanted them to stop while my HDD's are in spindown ... no fan cooling necessarry in my case there.

sample as of now (array disks are in spindown and fans are off, controlled by autofan ...)

image.thumb.png.291f3499151de256dca1820618424020.png

while all other fans here are not controlled by autofan as they have no reference to the HDD Temps ...

so in the end, its your choice ... just read what it does, think about it what you want and setup the way you want ...

How did you get all those readings into hassio? Did you make an endpoint/api in unraid to gather them from within hassio using a custom entity. I really would like to have something like that too - esp temp drive/cpu temps and if also if mover or parity check is active. Could you share (if not already - thread kinda huge) them?

10 hours ago, sjoerd said:

How did you get all those readings into hassio? Did you make an endpoint/api in unraid to gather them from within hassio using a custom entity. I really would like to have something like that too - esp temp drive/cpu temps and if also if mover or parity check is active. Could you share (if not already - thread kinda huge) them?

actually its a self made script using only buildin tools, i came up with this idea after i added HA on my Server, so i thought the important majot stuff can also be showed off in HA anyway instead using grafana (which i used before).

sample part about hdd temps, i use smartctl ... and write them into a json

image.thumb.png.ae199e79c4d5298dd5be9bad2dfb0e99.png

which i then read in HA as sensors

image.thumb.png.7eee9b405e5183c67211366dedc602bd.png

so yes, already had some questions about this ... i need to find some time to make a readme, a sample and a bit more user friendly ;) then i could post it completely ...

in the end, its all done by a script with only standard unraid onboard utilities ...

• Like 1

Ahh yeah - I figured you did something like that, so I tried to find some documentation on that but failed (or my search failed). Thanks - Thx for the code-snippets. Good boilerplate to start with. I assume your unraid gui runs on 888 ?

Would be nice tho if you could post it when it's more user friendly.

Would also be awesome if the entire dashboard- and main-page are available in json format by default. Imagine what you can do with that. Not just for home assistant but also for arduino/esp you name it.

Edited by sjoerd
On 10/11/2023 at 7:25 AM, manofoz said:

Write seems to be read on the storage plot and read is always zero. It shows this:

image.png.a6c8cbf875e432af3aa33af2483e27d1.png

But my array is doing this:

image.png.62a58d7b13ccf8599e84889e67305988.png

My Installed Version is 2023.02.14.

Same problem. Write is showing read speeds, and Read is always zero.

This is for the System Stats plugin

Edited by positronicP