[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

you need to downgrade your install change the respository yo "linuxserver/nextcloud:140" and it will downgrade it.

Can anyone help me please how to change the repository for nextcloud updates?

Same issue here:

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.4.
You are currently running 8.0.18.

Please help me with the following error:

[24-Oct-2022 22:42:58] NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'openssl.so' (tried: /usr/lib/php8/modules/openssl.so (Error relocating /usr/lib/php8/modules/openssl.so: zend_argument_error_variadic: symbol not found), /usr/lib/php8/modules/openssl.so.so (Error loading shared library /usr/lib/php8/modules/openssl.so.so: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
Composer autoloader not found, unable to continue. Check the folder "3rdparty". Running "git submodule update --init" will initialize the git submodule that handles the subfolder "3rdparty".[custom-init] No custom services found, skipping...

WebUI gives the following error:

image.png.10ea4867b1710af75b084de3eeeccb49.png

No idea how to fix this...

NB: Unraid 6.11.1 

Hi all,

I'm having a horrid time trying to upgrade to 23.0.1

I keep on getting 504 Gateway errors when the update is trying to progress. 

• Happens on Step 3 (creating the backup) but eventually will progress.

• Happens on Step 5 (Downloading) I had to download the zip and place in the updater folder to work around this.

Downloading

Parsing response failed.
Show detailed response

<html> <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head> <body> <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx/1.20.2</center> </body> </html> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

However, if I F5 the page, it then carries on like all was ok.

• Happens on Step 7 (Extracting) and that causes it all to fail and resets the update back to the start.

I've seen some stuff about trying to make sure the write permissions are correct by running 

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /mnt/nextcloud 

but this just gives me an error of "invalid user www-data" which I understand should not be the case?

I'm at a bit of a loss and reached the limit of my knowledge here with linux / unraid etc.

Looking into things, I think it might be working but the connection is being timed out.

It just failed again on extracting but refreshing the page gave me 

"Step 6 is currently in process. Please reload this page later."

I've read somewhere that you can increase the default timeouts for this.  But I don't know where or how.

EDIT:

Ok, I can confirm that my update does work but all the issues are being caused by 504 timeouts.

Edited by daveo132

Hi, I'm having some problems with the Password app on Nextcloud. I have it installed in 4 Nextcloud dockers in 4 different Unraid servers.

All servers are Unraid 6.10.3 and all Nextcloud dockers are updated. On 3 instances I have the Legacy Password app, on one I have the "normal" Password app.

I can't figure out how to update from the legacy app to the new one.

I thought I did on one instance, only to update to Nextcloud 25.0.0 and discover that I still had the Legacy version, which is incompatible with Nextcloud 25, so I can't access the passwords on that instance.

Anyone knows how to update the Password app? Can't find anything on the forums

Tyvm :D

18 hours ago, Cyanrider said:

Can anyone help me please how to change the repository for nextcloud updates?

Same issue here. Find Nextcloud in the list of dockers and click the icon in front of it. Select 'edit'.

Then, where it says "Repository: linuxserver/nextcloud", add the :140 or any version to the latter.

Click 'Apply' and the selected version is downloaded.

While this does downgrade Nextcloud, at my instance the problem persists, just with a lower version 😛

This version of Nextcloud requires at least PHP 7.2
You are currently running 7.1.17. Please update your PHP version.

Hi Guys

I have finally got round to setting up a fresh NextCloud server after my last instance failed catastrophically.

Anyway, I am syncing a data drive on my work PC and all seems to be working except I am getting one annoying warning message which I don't seem to be able to fix. I have searched on numerous NextCloud forums and can see others have the same issue, but as yet no way of fixing it - so I am hoping someone here can help.

On the Windows desktop client (3.6.1) I get an error stating "Some files could not be synced!"...

image.png.4c158af4653bb80119b5084b7778002d.png

image.png.304d687d8efa1949dff8e1a01fc3f415.png

Obviously I dont want the RECYCLE.BIN from my PC to be synced... so I tried adding "//$RECYCLE.BIN", plus every variant which I thought may work, to the global ignore list;

image.png.c785220baae7af86ae76160065fb7631.png

But it still keeps showing this error - has anyone else seen this, or have any ideas how to fix it?

Many thanks

Edited by SliMat
spelling
On 10/25/2022 at 11:07 AM, Kaastosti said:

Same issue here. Find Nextcloud in the list of dockers and click the icon in front of it. Select 'edit'.

Then, where it says "Repository: linuxserver/nextcloud", add the :140 or any version to the latter.

While this does downgrade Nextcloud, at my instance the problem persists, just with a lower version 😛

I have the same problem and no solution yet.

On 10/25/2022 at 11:07 AM, Kaastosti said:

Same problem here. "linuxserver/nextcloud:140" downgrades too far.

33 minutes ago, pappaq said:

Same problem here. "linuxserver/nextcloud:140" downgrades too far.

me too

You are currently running 7.1.17. Please update your PHP version. 😭

I wonder if I could update nextcloud via console from the unraid's docker container interface..

anyone tried?

Edited by Ugggggh
1 hour ago, Ugggggh said:

me too

You are currently running 7.1.17. Please update your PHP version. 😭

I wonder if I could update nextcloud via console from the unraid's docker container interface..

anyone tried?

I've installed an older version through repository tags.

Take a look at this. https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nextcloud/tags?page=1

On 10/27/2022 at 3:37 PM, niwmik said:

I used the following tag to get it back up and running until a more permanent solution comes up

linuxserver/nextcloud:24.0.5

Thanks! Everything back up again :)

Just out of interest... where can you find all available versions/tags? How'd you know to add 24.0.5 specifically for a still working PHP version?

• Upvote 1
On 10/27/2022 at 3:37 PM, niwmik said:

I used the following tag to get it back up and running until a more permanent solution comes up

linuxserver/nextcloud:24.0.5

Does not work for me. After using it, it wants to update via HTTP and get that message:

Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.

Nextcloud version: 22.1.0
Operating system and version: Linux 5.10.28
Operating System: DOCKER
Webserver: Nginx
PHP version 8.0.18

linuxserver/nextcloud

Mariadb version

version 10.6.6

linuxserver/mariadb

The issue you are facing:
Cannot update NC

attempted documentation steps without success

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y):

Steps to replicate it: N/A

NC LOG

occ upgrade

Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade

Setting log level to debug

Updating database schema

Exception: Database error when running migration latest for app core

Update failed Maintenance mode is kept active Resetting log level #
occ upgrade

-vv Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade

2022-10-28T10:01:47+00:00 Setting log level to debug 2022-10-28T10:01:47+00:00 Repair step: Repair MySQL collation

2022-10-28T10:01:48+00:00 Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation -> nothing to do

2022-10-28T10:01:48+00:00 Repair step: Repair SQLite autoincrement

2022-10-28T10:01:48+00:00 Repair step: Copy data from accounts table when migrating from ownCloud

2022-10-28T10:01:48+00:00 Repair step: Drop account terms table when migrating from ownCloud

2022-10-28T10:01:48+00:00 Updating database schema

2022-10-28T10:01:49+00:00 Exception: Database error when running migration latest for app core

2022-10-28T10:01:49+00:00 Update failed 2022-10-28T10:01:49+00:00 Maintenance mode is kept active

2022-10-28T10:01:49+00:00 Resetting log level #

mariadb log

2022-10-28 6:01:49 1303 [ERROR] InnoDB: Operating system error number 17 in a file operation.

2022-10-28 6:01:49 1303 [ERROR] InnoDB: Error number 17 means 'File exists'

2022-10-28 6:01:49 1303 [Note] InnoDB: Some operating system error numbers are described at https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/operating-system-error-codes/

2022-10-28 6:01:49 1303 [Note] InnoDB: The file './nextcloud/oc_ratelimit_entries.ibd' already exists though the corresponding table did not exist in the InnoDB data dictionary. You can resolve the problem by removing the file.

2022-10-28 6:01:49 1303 [ERROR] InnoDB: Cannot create file './nextcloud/oc_ratelimit_entries.ibd'

Been fighting this concern for days and it sounds like something to do with mariadb

I have also been attempting to mysqldump the nextclound.sql db without success to import back into a different docker and get off mariadb completely

When i dump the nextcloud database I face the following concern

MySQLdump: got error :1049 :unknown database

Anyone else run into this concern ... Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Edited by bombz

does anyone get this message, when they try to access nexcloud ?

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

this is what i see in container logs

using keys found in /config/keys
[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
[ls.io-init] done.
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:139 

**** The following active confs have different version dates than the samples that are shipped. ****
**** This may be due to user customization or an update to the samples. ****
**** You should compare the following files to the samples in the same folder and update them. ****
**** Use the link at the top of the file to view the changelog. ****
/config/nginx/nginx.conf

i noticed this on the latest update

Edited by Danuel
3 hours ago, Danuel said:

does anyone get this message, when they try to access nexcloud ?

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

this is what i see in container logs

using keys found in /config/keys
[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
[ls.io-init] done.
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:139 

**** The following active confs have different version dates than the samples that are shipped. ****
**** This may be due to user customization or an update to the samples. ****
**** You should compare the following files to the samples in the same folder and update them. ****
**** Use the link at the top of the file to view the changelog. ****
/config/nginx/nginx.conf

i noticed this on the latest update

which NC repository are you using there are a few
nextcloud:latest = official 

modified NC
linuxserver/nextcloud
nextcloud/all-in-one:latest
lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud

I have received this in the past yes, which generally related to my mariadb docker not being started
The concern then goes away then after.
I am not sure if this is related to your concern or your NC is having concerns accessing your db?

I am attempting a new NC docker now as this repository doesn't pull the NC updates with the docker pull, and requires the end user to use the updater within NC to update NC.
This has caused some concerns with mariadb so going to attempt to flip to the official NC docker with unraid to see if I can make it work correctly, that when you pull an update via docker, it updates NC as a whole

Edited by bombz
8 minutes ago, bombz said:

which NC repository are you using there are a few
nextcloud:latest = official 

modified NC
linuxserver/nextcloud
nextcloud/all-in-one:latest
lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud

I have received this in the past yes, which generally related to my mariadb docker not being started
The concern then goes away then after.
I am not sure if this is related to your concern or your NC is having concerns accessing your db?

I am attempting a new NC docker now as this repository doesn't pull the NC updates with the docker pull, and requires the end user to use the updater within NC to update NC.
This has caused some concerns with mariadb so going to attempt to flip to the official NC docker with unraid to see if I can make it work correctly, that when you pull an update via docker, it updates NC as a whole

from what i see i think is related to mariadb, i noticed that i cant access database now, i get this error 

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local server through socket '/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)

and yes i do use linuxserver/nextcloud

i did try to downgrade both mariadb and nexclod and have same problems

Edited by Danuel

some update,

somehow i manage to make it work again. (i stopped nexcloud container)

i have changed database to MariaDB-Official then i have created a database and user for nexcloud,   i had a backup of nextcloud database, i used HeidiSQL to import the db into MariaDB-Official, after i managed to add the db file into HeidiSQL i executed the sql (there is a button with execute SQl) after a while did show in the new database and nextcloud start to work again

5 hours ago, Danuel said:

some update,

somehow i manage to make it work again. (i stopped nexcloud container)

i have changed database to MariaDB-Official then i have created a database and user for nexcloud,   i had a backup of nextcloud database, i used HeidiSQL to import the db into MariaDB-Official, after i managed to add the db file into HeidiSQL i executed the sql (there is a button with execute SQl) after a while did show in the new database and nextcloud start to work again

Hello, 

Glad you got it working.
Currently I cannot update linuxserver/nextcloud to the latest version due to limitations of mariadb, nor can I export the NC db to another SLQ docker. Been a challenge to say the least.