unRAID OS version 6.3.0 Stable Release Available

limetech

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Upgraded from 6.2.4 to 6.3  Network shares work like a champ but I'm having problems with Docker and Plugins

1. I see at the console "ping Unable to contact github.com" not sure why that is.

2. The statistics plugin for pulling diagnostic information using tor/anonymous stats did not upgrade cleanly, uninstalled that.

3. I see nothing but "upgrade available" for all my docker images and when I try to update to the latest images I see the gray box at the top right notification pane but I never see the docker images upgrading in the log.  This is causing plex to not work fully but my other docker images are working OK.

4. When scanning plugins the notification pane appears but it takes 7-10min to scan 15 plugins. This is not normal at all.

Why did my unraid go from being lightning fast to running like a pig in the mud. I'm tempted to go back to 6.2.4 at this rate as i uinstalled a ton of plugins that were not critical but still the problem persists.

I did not start in "Safe Mode" yet, I'll try that tonite.

Upgraded from 6.2.4 to 6.3  Network shares work like a champ but I'm having problems with Docker and Plugins

1. I see at the console "ping Unable to contact github.com" not sure why that is.

2. The statistics plugin for pulling diagnostic information using tor/anonymous stats did not upgrade cleanly, uninstalled that.

3. I see nothing but "upgrade available" for all my docker images and when I try to update to the latest images I see the gray box at the top right notification pane but I never see the docker images upgrading in the log.  This is causing plex to not work fully but my other docker images are working OK.

4. When scanning plugins the notification pane appears but it takes 7-10min to scan 15 plugins. This is not normal at all.

Why did my unraid go from being lightning fast to running like a pig in the mud. I'm tempted to go back to 6.2.4 at this rate as i uinstalled a ton of plugins that were not critical but still the problem persists.

I did not start in "Safe Mode" yet, I'll try that tonite.

Most of this sounds like network or Internet problems.

Upgraded to 6.3.0 yesterday. I too had a kernel panic this morning - my first unRAID KP ever. I didn't get a chance to take to a picture of the screen but I believe it said ReiserFS was part of the trace. This kernel panic happened after CA plugin did its daily appdata backup at 5 am this morning. I only know this because I got the email that AppData backup started but did not get an email that it completed.

I have attached the diagnostics ZIP tho I dont think this captures a Kernel Panic. Thank you!

diagnostics-20170206-1005.zip

Upgraded to 6.3.0 yesterday. I too had a kernel panic this morning - my first unRAID KP ever. I didn't get a chance to take to a picture of the screen but I believe it said ReiserFS was part of the trace. This kernel panic happened after CA plugin did its daily appdata backup at 5 am this morning. I only know this because I got the email that AppData backup started but did not get an email that it completed.

I have attached the diagnostics ZIP tho I dont think this captures a Kernel Panic. Thank you!

Yup, the panic happened before you reset the system, so nothing is captured.  Might be wise to put Fix Common Problems into troubleshooting mode and then wait until the next panic.  If nothing happens within say a month, then reboot to stop the troubleshooting mode

<type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-2.3'>hvm</type>

to:

<type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-2.7'>hvm</type>

Thanks Gary.  I was at pc-q35-2.5, however the key-presses did not work as expected.  Manually changed the XML to 2.7 and my ElementaryOS VM is back to humming as hoped for. 

edit:    spoke to soon.  the keypresses are now working, however it takes 7 seconds for each press to register ;(  Too tired to dig ATM.

edit 1:  Ok... 1 dig solved this.  The VM defaulted to using QXL after the 6.3 uprgrade rather than CIRRUS for the VNC driver.  The QXL VNC driver is a DOG on performance

Outside of this, the update has been smooth on 2 machines :)  nice work LT

This is the issue (delayed response in VNC from input) that I am seeing. I've tried all 3 VNC drivers (vmvga, QXL, cirrus). Tried changing q35 to 2.5, 2.6, 2.7.

I'm even seeing this behaviour on new ubuntu VMs running 16.10. I've tried i440, OMVF, SeaBios, etc. and results do not change.

Yup, the panic happened before you reset the system, so nothing is captured.  Might be wise to put Fix Common Problems into troubleshooting mode and then wait until the next panic.  If nothing happens within say a month, then reboot to stop the troubleshooting mode

Thank you. I am going to turn this on tonight and see if the AppData job will cause another lockup/KP.

Thank you. I am going to turn this on tonight and see if the AppData job will cause another lockup/KP.

You could hook up a monitor to the server and the Kernel panic info will be on the screen.  Take a picture (actually, take a lot of pictures if youare suing a cellphone camera) and pick one one that is in focus, with no camera 'shake' and not flash reflection concealing the text.  Post the picture...

You could hook up a monitor to the server and the Kernel panic info will be on the screen.  Take a picture (actually, take a lot of pictures if youare suing a cellphone camera) and pick one one that is in focus, with no camera 'shake' and not flash reflection concealing the text.  Post the picture...

Yeah I should have done that this morning. I do have a monitor hooked up and will def take a pic if it happens again.

My upgrade from v6.2.4 seems to be working fine. I do have tons of this line in my syslog occurring every 1 or 2 seconds and I don't know what it is or if I should be worried about it, other then filling up the syslog.

Feb  5 09:01:08 FileSvr kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: URB transfer length is wrong, xHC issue? req. len = 0, act. len = 4294967288

Diagnostics attached.

Gary

Is this a new issue vs. 6.2.4?

This issue might be caused by an attached USB device auto-suspending or auto-poweroff.  A plugin or container or vm might be trying to do this  Please post output of these commands and we might be able to figure out which device it is:

lsusb
for i in /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/power/autosuspend; do echo -n "$i "; cat $i; done
for i in /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/power/level; do echo -n "$i "; cat $i; done

(Click [select] above, then Ctrl-C to copy to clipboard.  Then in telnet/ssh window open to server, "paste" those commands - with putty you can use right-mouse click or hit Shift-Insert.)

I've had this issue prior to v6.3.0 so it isn't specific to this version of unRaid.

Here is my output to the commands you requested:

root@FileSvr:~# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:8001 Intel Corp.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 0764:0501 Cyber Power System, Inc. CP1500 AVR UPS
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8009 Intel Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 13fe:5200 Kingston Technology Company Inc.
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0471:0815 Philips (or NXP) eHome Infrared Receiver
Bus 003 Device 007: ID 147a:e042 Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc.
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 04d9:a015 Holtek Semiconductor, Inc.
Bus 003 Device 006: ID 046d:c31c Logitech, Inc. Keyboard K120
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 046d:c05a Logitech, Inc. M90/M100 Optical Mouse
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

root@FileSvr:~# for i in /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/power/autosuspend; do echo -n "$i "; cat $i; done
/sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1/power/autosuspend 0
/sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1/power/autosuspend 0
/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-10/power/autosuspend 2
/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-13/power/autosuspend 2
/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-3/power/autosuspend 2
/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-6/power/autosuspend 2
/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-9/power/autosuspend 2
/sys/bus/usb/devices/4-3/power/autosuspend 2
/sys/bus/usb/devices/5-1/power/autosuspend 2
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb1/power/autosuspend 0
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb2/power/autosuspend 0
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb3/power/autosuspend 0
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb4/power/autosuspend 0
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb5/power/autosuspend 0
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb6/power/autosuspend 0
root@FileSvr:~# for i in /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/power/level; do echo -n "$i "; cat $i; done

/sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1/power/level auto
/sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1/power/level auto
/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-10/power/level on
/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-13/power/level on
/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-3/power/level on
/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-6/power/level on
/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-9/power/level on
/sys/bus/usb/devices/4-3/power/level on
/sys/bus/usb/devices/5-1/power/level on
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb1/power/level auto
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb2/power/level auto
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb3/power/level auto
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb4/power/level auto
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb5/power/level auto
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb6/power/level auto
root@FileSvr:~#

One other thought that might help if you think this is a USB problem. I have 2 USB devices being passed through to 2 Win 10 VM's. Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0471:0815 Philips (or NXP) eHome Infrared Receiver is passed through to a VM via an Ethernet to USB adapter. And the other one is Bus 003 Device 007: ID 147a:e042 Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc. is passed through to a different VM via an Ethernet to USB adapter.

I've tried passing these devices through in both USB 2.0 EHCI mode and USB 3.0 XHCI mode and both modes still cause problems. I've disabled all power saving features inside the VM's and ran through the BIOS to check for any possible problems there. I've also tried switch Ethernet cables too. None of which helped. Of course I could go through and troubleshoot again now that I'm on unRaid v6.3.0.

If you could point me in the right direction, that would be great. I just don't know if this is an unRaid problem or something on my end.

Thanks again, Gary

Well not sure how to correlate the xhci error with a specific device.  Something to try would be to open a telnet/ssh window and tail the syslog:

tail -f /var/log/syslog

As you observe those messages pop up... unplug usb devices one-by-one until the messages stop (but don't yank your usb boot flash).

Most of this sounds like network or Internet problems.

I scream at 75MB/s replicating primary to secondary raid array as well as pulling in 10MB/s from the internet on torrents.

With my managed network switch and firewall I see minimal traffic when trying to pull in data from the internet.

Networking is not an issue.

Is there a way to download/downgrade to 6.2.4 for now? I don't see the download link anywhere.

Getting kernel panics at boot up with 6.3. 1st picture is normal boot up with KP. 2nd doesnt have a KP but it freezes and i removed all plugins. Safe mode gives the KP.

I had this problem going from Version 6.3.0-rc6 to Version 6.3.0-rc9 as well but at the time didn't have time to trouble shoot it or report it.

Diag is attached but not sure if it will help at all since it wouldn't boot and i had to go back to 6.2

IMG_4072.JPG.f7bfa1a540e98cc4104337121163573e.JPG

IMG_4082.JPG.4e67a1f77ce6e043dd33536465ffdd4e.JPG

tower-diagnostics-20170206-1416.zip

Upgraded for 6.2.4 to 6.3.0. Web-GUI stopped responding overnight. Rebooted into safe mode. Every time I click on the webGUI the line

ioctl(SIOCGIFHWADDR): Bad address

appears in the console. Every single click generates a line and they sometimes appear spontaneously. Maybe on refresh. Ran memtest overnight without error. Rebooted into safe mode. The Line appears in the console with each interaction and sometimes spontaneously.

See here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=55052.0

and here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=56281.0

Thanks.

rack-diagnostics-20170206-1142.zip

I updated from 6.2.4 to 6.3.0 yesterday. I usually use just 2 VM's, after update it's really bad to use, watch a youtube video is practically impossible.

When I look my logs I don't see nothing out of normal.  :o

The only thing in your generic system log that stands out to me relating to VMs at this point is this message:

Feb  6 10:24:44 Inefavel kernel: kvm: SMP vm created on host with unstable TSC; guest TSC will not be reliable

There isn't much information on this issue available, but in general, it means that your host has an unreliable TSC (used for timekeeping).

Then, separately in your Windows 10 VM log, this series of errors keeps repeating:

smbus: error: Unexpected recv start condition in state 3
smbus: error: Unexpected read in state -1
smbus: error: Unexpected NACK in state -1
smbus: error: Unexpected NACK in state -1

You have another VM called "Windows 10 g" and this one doesn't seem to have the same messages in its log.

There are others who have also previously reported seeing this in their logs, but they didn't report any performance issues as a result of the errors.

Have you tried reverting to 6.2.4 and confirmed the issue goes away?