[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Can anyone help me with this? my palworld server wont auto update.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
 Update state (0x0) : Timed out waiting for update to start, bailing.
Error! App '2394010' state is 0x402 after update job.

Not too sure if anyone else is having this issue however, the broadcast command for RCON seems to not be working.. I am able to do everything else (save, showplayers, info etc) with no issues but am getting an "unknown command" return when trying to broadcast a message using "timeout 1 rcon -a 192.168.20.5:25576 -p password broadcast Saving..."

Any help would be greatly appreciated i'm sure it is something silly. Thanks in advance.

34 minutes ago, noraa said:

Not too sure if anyone else is having this issue however, the broadcast command for RCON seems to not be working.. I am able to do everything else (save, showplayers, info etc) with no issues but am getting an "unknown command" return when trying to broadcast a message using "timeout 1 rcon -a 192.168.20.5:25576 -p password broadcast Saving..."

Any help would be greatly appreciated i'm sure it is something silly. Thanks in advance.

with the updated rcon plugin you'll need to use quotes around the commands that contain spaces.

timeout 1 rcon -a 192.168.20.5:25576 -p password "broadcast Saving..."

else, AFAIK, it'll see the "Saving..." as a second RCON command.

Edited by Ocgineer
  • Like 1

Is there a way to set up Palworld to auto restart when a new update is available? I have it restarting daily at the same time, but if an update releases, players need to wait until the scheduled restart to play unless i manually restart it.

1 hour ago, Kegath said:

Is there a way to set up Palworld to auto restart when a new update is available? I have it restarting daily at the same time, but if an update releases, players need to wait until the scheduled restart to play unless i manually restart it.

No, I've tried this in the past for Valheim but it does not work reliably.

But since it's Early Access (like most almost all things today) you have to deal with that...

Sorry...

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, I've tried this in the past for Valheim but it does not work reliably.

But since it's Early Access (like most almost all things today) you have to deal with that...

Sorry...

All good, thanks for all you do!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Kesra said:

@ich777 after the latest unraid CA RCON plugin update. all my scripts that uses rcon for my palworld server is not working

Please read the Release notes:

grafik.thumb.png.9a4bca15b885c96ace253ac3b0109253.png

It was necessary to change the rcon binary to a different one that actually is up to date and is working.

The new command line usage will show something like:

rcon -a YOURIP:PORT -p PASSWORD command

(Please note that if you command consists of multiple words you have to wrap it in double quotes)

The description from the plugin will update after you restart your Unraid server.

26 minutes ago, ZerkerEOD said:

What are the "Game parameters" used for in the Enshroud server. I can't really find anything about it

Sorry but you should really use the Support button on your Docker page.

I have no container for Enshrouded.

On 2/9/2024 at 11:46 AM, ich777 said:

Please read the Release notes:

grafik.thumb.png.9a4bca15b885c96ace253ac3b0109253.png

It was necessary to change the rcon binary to a different one that actually is up to date and is working.

The new command line usage will show something like:

rcon -a YOURIP:PORT -p PASSWORD command

(Please note that if you command consists of multiple words you have to wrap it in double quotes)

The description from the plugin will update after you restart your Unraid server.

thanks but I don't know where to use it I have multiple docker containers that uses 2023.04.23 version of rcon, i don't own these  docker containers, In really just want the older version still those developers update their containers.

can you help me to rollback to 2023.04.23 plugin version of rcon.

40 minutes ago, Kesra said:

thanks but I don't know where to use it I have multiple docker containers that uses 2023.04.23 version of rcon, i don't own these  docker containers

I really don‘t understand.

You are using RCON on your server or not?

How do you use RCON or what scripts are you using?

Can anyone help? 

Since updating my palworld container earlier this week the server won't start with my save files. It just crashes and keeps trying to start. I have tried a clean removal of the docker and re-installation and I am able to start a new save file without issue. If i try adding back in my save file I get this and it just repeatedly cycles through this.

image.thumb.png.091395203e9ed769963fcaf711dfc6e0.png

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please see this post:

Thanks for your quick response, I checked this post and I am not sure I followed it 100% as I am very new to this.

My share for my dockers doesn't have mover setup so nothing should be moved off the share is my understanding.

I also attempted to change the server settings path and steamcmd path between user and the share which didn't seem to change anything. I tried with both on the user path and both on the cache path. 

I also tried transferring the save files to a new dedicated server setup on my windows computer. I wasn't sure if the files would work but it seems to have the same results as running in the docker.

12 hours ago, Jetty said:

My share for my dockers doesn't have mover setup so nothing should be moved off the share is my understanding.

What exact settings do you try to change?

You didn‘t change the format from the config file for better readability correct? Keep in mind, it has to be all in one line.

Maybe send some screenshots.

What did you change in the Docker template?

26 minutes ago, MrTroll said:

I've been trying to deal with the memory leak issue

I‘m not 100% sure if there is a memory leak at all, it needs just a lot of RAM, my server is now up for a week and have no issues at all.

27 minutes ago, MrTroll said:

I've been trying to use it as per your instructions, but I can't get it to accept any commands.

Did you enable RCON in Palwaorld? By default it is disable.

A bit more information would be helpful…

What command did you issue?

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

What exact settings do you try to change?

You didn‘t change the format from the config file for better readability correct? Keep in mind, it has to be all in one line.

Maybe send some screenshots.

What did you change in the Docker template?

From the post you linked it looked like the concern was the mover had taken files from the cache to the array. I double checked the settings for the cache my dockers run on and the mover isn't setup.

Additionally i checked the docker paths and tried them with user and with the cache name.

I only have an issue when i copy my save file back into the palworld folder and change Gameusersettings to the use the old save file. If I use a new game file the docker starts and runs fine. 

image.thumb.png.a927980a2a88fa5bcfdbc1b640bd4832.pngimage.thumb.png.6efc1553c9e212398d1658bab346af07.png

Diagnostics.txt Pal-CRC-backup-2024.02.11-14.45.27.log

Hey all! Sorry if this issue has been posted before, I searched through the topic and could not find it.

So I played for a few weeks now with a friend via co-op. Yesterday we decided to move to e dedicated server, so it's always up and I dont need to be online so he can play. Since I already had an Unraid server running, it didn't take long until I had this container running. Copying over our world and saves took a bit more time but we made it. All is fine, we played for a few hours on the server.

However, I noticed that there seems to be a password issue. I only changed the server password from the default to something else, but it seems it actually does not matter. My friend and I can connect to the server, just by entering my IP and the port, no password needed. Either we leave the box unchecked, or we check it and enter whatever, we can connect in all cases.

Now I am worried to leave the server running, in fear someone else might connect and ruin our world or what not.

Has anyone experienced this? What could be the cause?

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, forgot this is for more than one game! I use the server for Palworld.

Edited by reygok
forgot to mention the server type
30 minutes ago, reygok said:

Hey all! Sorry if this issue has been posted before, I searched through the topic and could not find it.

So I played for a few weeks now with a friend via co-op. Yesterday we decided to move to e dedicated server, so it's always up and I dont need to be online so he can play. Since I already had an Unraid server running, it didn't take long until I had this container running. Copying over our world and saves took a bit more time but we made it. All is fine, we played for a few hours on the server.

However, I noticed that there seems to be a password issue. I only changed the server password from the default to something else, but it seems it actually does not matter. My friend and I can connect to the server, just by entering my IP and the port, no password needed. Either we leave the box unchecked, or we check it and enter whatever, we can connect in all cases.

Now I am worried to leave the server running, in fear someone else might connect and ruin our world or what not.

Has anyone experienced this? What could be the cause?

Thanks!

You kind have to tell us what server?   This forum thread is support for more than 100 games.

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, reygok said:

Is the password updated in the config file.

Keep in mind you have to stop the container, edit the file, start the container.

Restarting and editing the file while running will disacrd your changes.