[Support] selfhosters.net's Template Repository

9 hours ago, Rusty6285 said:

Based on troubleshooting guides, I expected to find a mismatched path in the docker, however, they are set as follows:

appdata: /mnt/user/appdata/prometheus/data

config: /mnt/user/appdata/prometheus/etc

Etc has prometheus.yml, but the data directory is empty? is that normal?

You're not telling us the container side of the mount...

From the doc it seems the data dir should be the whole /prometheus, not /prometheus/data

https://prometheus.io/docs/prometheus/latest/installation/#save-your-prometheus-data

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

You're not telling us the container side of the mount...

From the doc it seems the data dir should be the whole /prometheus, not /prometheus/data

https://prometheus.io/docs/prometheus/latest/installation/#save-your-prometheus-data

hey @Kilrah, what I'm experiencing makes sense if the data is stored inside of /prometheus, but that seems to differ from the templated docker image from community applications?

image.thumb.png.ffb6acddfdab9298fbef59070f50b069.png

Hello, 

I have a problem with Xibo CMS Docker.

For what I understand on the GitHub page the image should come with MySQL. Am I correct?

Why in the docker installation I should define database address, port, username and password? This is not defined in the config.env file, this is for remote mysql. I also tried with a remote MySQL server but this is not working because the xibo sql client can't connect to the server.

Can someone help me? What am I doing wrong?

7 hours ago, Rusty6285 said:

hey @Kilrah, what I'm experiencing makes sense if the data is stored inside of /prometheus, but that seems to differ from the templated docker image from community applications?

Don't know if it's the case here, but sometimes container developers change things and there's no one to proparate the changes to the template.

Edited by Kilrah
1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Don't know if it's the case here, but sometimes container developers change things and there's no one to proparate the changes to the template.

Thanks @Kilrah, I guess I had assumed this thread is where the owner of the template may see this and be able to help!

FWIW, based on the doc you shared I manually changed the template path of 'appdata' container path from /prometheus/data to just /prometheus, and I now see files populating as I'd expect inside of the 'data' folder, inside my appdata folder. I'll monitor if this edit resolves the docker image growth issue.

This is a bit of trial & error on my part, so hopefully the template owner will verify this action if they see this!

image.png.91e03f2eda15df0d2cccfb54dbf80182.png

Edited by Rusty6285
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 12:11 AM, Rusty6285 said:

FWIW, based on the doc you shared I manually changed the template path of 'appdata' container path from /prometheus/data to just /prometheus, and I now see files populating as I'd expect inside of the 'data' folder, inside my appdata folder. I'll monitor if this edit resolves the docker image growth issue.

image.png.91e03f2eda15df0d2cccfb54dbf80182.png

Did you solve this problem?

Hi,

I have just downloaded and run the scrutiny application and am looking for a way to see the overall disk health like such shown via "HD Sentinel". Is this something that is available? or is this something that could be added in a future version?

image.png.84a65834c1bc95821a91958ef84372ff.png

Any and all infromation on this would be much appriciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I had a rabbithole adventure today. 🤯

The Adminer image that is live on the community applications will not connect to mongoDb databases at all.
it will report the following error:

None of the supported PHP extensions (mongo, mongodb) are available.

The more info page links to this github:
https://gist.github.com/rickxz/e037248e6082c46295ff0d9e22314e30

The key takeaway is this line

RUN echo "extension=mongodb.so" > /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/docker-php-ext-mongodb.ini

After checking with the command "php --ini" in the container I could see that no such ini file was ever loaded.
Stronger still, the file does simply not exist in the container. /usr/local/etc/ is empty. 🤮 So it could never work!
I wouldn't even know where to point the "PHP_INI_SCAN_DIR" environment variable to it. 🧐

I've basically installed docker desktop and setup the whole thing myself. It was quite the learning experience. I'll post a link here to the working dockerhub image (for anyones that's interested) :

https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/zerreth/adminer/general

Edited by Zerreth

## Duplicacy Docker ##

I noticed the version that is running looks to be 3.1.0, any idea on plans to updating to the latest version.  Looks like Sharepoint support was added in 3.2.2 or 3.2.3.  When can we expect the CLI version to be updated from 3.1.0?

Edited by vcadm
On 2/2/2022 at 6:07 PM, Marzel said:

Hi

i fixed it by changing the rights of the data folder in /appdata/prometheus

chown -R 65534:65534 data

Maybe that helps you guys also.

Oh I wish I had found this post  4 hrs ago.
These "combined" one-for-all threads are a huge mess.

Just so other's can find it when they're searching for the error:

caller=query_logger.go:93 level=error component=activeQueryTracker msg="Error opening query log file" file=/prometheus/queries.active err="open /prometheus/queries.active: permission denied" panic: Unable to create mmap-ed active query log

@Roxedus 
I think this actually is an issue with the template, or could at least be adressed by it - when I searched for the problem, ppl using docker on other platforms also had the issue though. So Prometheus changed this at some point and the template did not follow.

Ideally though the container would somehow translate the user inside 65534 to the user 99 on unraid... 

Edited by wambo
On 9/24/2023 at 2:38 AM, pho said:

Hi Iqgmeow,

many thanks for your help - I managed to follow your instructions and overleaf is running now! I was able to set up an admin account by using the command: grunt user:create-admin [email protected] in the overleaf console. I can access overleaf now via the local ip adress, but the access via domain over Nginx Proxy Manager does not work yet. It is a tad strange, as for running behind a proxy according to the documentation you apparently need to set the following variables: 

SHARELATEX_SECURE_COOKIE=true
SHARELATEX_BEHIND_PROXY=true

SHARELATEX_SITE_URL=https://overleaf.mydomain.com

but once you do set them in the unraid template, you get an error relating to cookies when trying to sign into overleaf. 

https://github.com/overleaf/overleaf/issues/1032

no matter if those variables are set up or not, I get a 404 Error when trying to access via the URL. I have seen a few nginx configuration file examples in relation to overleaf, they have a couple more entries then mine - The nginx Proxy manager config files generated through the WebUi have just a limited amount of options, including the enabling of websockets - but nowhere is an explanation if these additional entries are actually a necessity or not. 

In case you have come across that issue and a solution, please do let me know. 

Did you manage to fix this? I am trying exactly the same thing and I got to the point that overleaf is up and running locally, but when I try to create the admin account I cannot set a password, I get the coockie error. And I cannot access through the external IP adress (I think it is correctly pointing to the server, but I am not so sure of how to configure it in cloudflare).

Backblaze

i believe I am running into permissions issues? I follow the steps and can see drive D but can not access it. Permissions for /mnt/user are nobody/users. I know wine uses app/app but I don’t feel like the answer of changing /mnt/user permissions is correct? It might break things?

I seem to have fixed this with the following changes to the setup, ubuntu18 repo, priveledged container, and adding USER_ID/GROUP_ID variables with a value of 0 so the container runs as root.

Edited by bubbadrk

@Kilrah @Rusty6285 Not sure if I am late to the party but, I had issues deploying Prometheus and managed to fix the broken template and got it running. I saw that you had issues in September and maybe you fixed it by now. Appears the template is still not updated though.

I identified two issues with it.

1. The mappings to the yml file is indeed wrong. The correct Docker path for the config should be "/data".

image.png.5642486ca123d6adcf6fd0fe875f5f45.png

2. For some reason (at least for me) the appdata folder for Prometheus installs with owner root:root:, which is incorrect and hinders it from starting. Viewing the log shows denied permissions etc.

image.png.b80932ceb32d3a4edc6fbdf417a52f10.png

Should be changed to "users" group and your user uid.

Example: "chown -R 65534:users prometheus/"

image.thumb.png.f2153c183877b1d30a63f470436f5b6d.png

And its up!

Might be more to fix to get it completely up, for example chmod the appdata folder with correct attributes etc, but at least it's running.

Cheers 🍻

Edited by SolidFyre
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 6:08 AM, chip said:

Is there a good guide on how to get Graylog installed?

Second this.

Tried installing it and I'm getting a lot of errors. Then tried finding the guide on how to get it up and running properly, but it's either this topic or the official Graylog website (which doesn't include details on the unraid docker container config, for obvious reasons).

Any other recommendations?

Thank you!

FYSA, Dozzle changed how they do authentication.
https://github.com/amir20/dozzle/issues/2630 explains the simple changes to create a configuration file to replace the environment parameters.

You will need a new "Container Path" for /data where you will put the "users.yml" file.

You will also need to remove the "Username" and "Password" fields from the template for Dozzle to start

Edited by martial