[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

3 hours ago, honorary-kicking8931 said:

Intel 1290k MSI Z-690-A board.

Official Plex Media Server. Installed Intel-GPU-Top, but when i go to the terminal and type in cd /dev/dri i get no such file or directory. What am I doing wrong here?

You need to black list i915 for intelgputop to work or include forceprobe as per syslog.

Example for 12600K on MSI Z690

image.png

image.png

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry, I completely overlooked that post.

Why not use the offical image? Sadly enough @SmartPhoneLover‘s repository is now dead which had the official image in it.

For me the official image is working just fine.

The official image also got updated to 7516. When you say official image which version are you referring to?

I was able to download using
lscr.io/linuxserver/plex:version-1.32.5.7349-8f4248874

Edited by xokia
1 minute ago, xokia said:

When you say official image which version are you referring to?

Oh sorry, the other user was talking about Jellyfin not Plex and his issue boiled down to enabling a wrong option.

2 minutes ago, xokia said:

I was able to download 7349 again by pointing to the following. But that also refuses to HW transcode

If you want to give the official Plex image a go then use that one here:

grafik.png.87461ed4a8f17eeddad391f74d858577.png

As said, I'm not really a Plex person and that would maybe be better suited in the Plex support thread from your container but maybe @alturismo or @sonic6 can help here too.

2 hours ago, xokia said:

The official image also got updated to 7516. When you say official image which version are you referring to?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

but maybe @alturismo or @sonic6 can help here too.

image.png.e69b2bc21f8b040b4caff6a2b84eb9a6.png

working fine here, 1.32.6.... was the one where HDR tonemapping feature broke the hw transcoding (again), thats why plexinc "downgraded" on the latest update to 1.32.5.,,,

• Like 1
7 hours ago, frodr said:

Is it possible/likely that the iGPU gets disabled?

I don't know, I would recommend that you visit the support page from your motherboard and see if your CPU is listed as compatible or if there is any additional information.

You Diagnostics show that only the integrated ASPEED GPU is activated:

09:00.0 PCI bridge [0604]: ASPEED Technology, Inc. AST1150 PCI-to-PCI Bridge [1a03:1150] (rev 06)
    Subsystem: Super Micro Computer Inc AST1150 PCI-to-PCI Bridge [15d9:1c48]
0a:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ASPEED Technology, Inc. ASPEED Graphics Family [1a03:2000] (rev 52)
    DeviceName:  ASPEED Video AST2600
    Subsystem: Super Micro Computer Inc ASPEED Graphics Family [15d9:1c48]
    Kernel driver in use: ast
    Kernel modules: ast

I would rather recommend that you double check in the BIOS if you have set your iGPU to the Primary Graphics output and/or if you can deactivated the integrated one in the BIOS or with a dedicated jumper on the motherboard itself.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

I don't know, I would recommend that you visit the support page from your motherboard and see if your CPU is listed as compatible or if there is any additional information.

You Diagnostics show that only the integrated ASPEED GPU is activated:

09:00.0 PCI bridge [0604]: ASPEED Technology, Inc. AST1150 PCI-to-PCI Bridge [1a03:1150] (rev 06)
    Subsystem: Super Micro Computer Inc AST1150 PCI-to-PCI Bridge [15d9:1c48]
0a:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ASPEED Technology, Inc. ASPEED Graphics Family [1a03:2000] (rev 52)
    DeviceName:  ASPEED Video AST2600
    Subsystem: Super Micro Computer Inc ASPEED Graphics Family [15d9:1c48]
    Kernel driver in use: ast
    Kernel modules: ast

I would rather recommend that you double check in the BIOS if you have set your iGPU to the Primary Graphics output and/or if you can deactivated the integrated one in the BIOS or with a dedicated jumper on the motherboard itself.

Thank you very much for the advice. It was a bios setting I missed. IGPU is now there, and I do not have to buy a new CPU. I am running non-turbo, so no risk of frying the mobo.

• Like 1

Attempting to get fan control to work on the TS-664 model. Installed QNAP-EC and the Dynamix fan plugin, but the sensors were not showing up. Tried running sensors and sensors-detect and the fan sensors don't show up there either. Fan speeds do show up in the BIOS. Is there anything I can do on my end to help include support?

Edited by gilded-oxford8874
1 hour ago, Mald3 said:

Hello, power draw bug intel 12100t

This is a known issue and there is nothing that I can do about that because intel_gpu_top reports that value after some time wrong.

If you reboot your system everything is back in a working state, I have no solution to that, sorry.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi ich,

Have had a Mellanox Connect-X3 card running for over 3 years now. Has worked fine. Performs as it should over SFP+, etc. I've just seen your Mellanox firmware tools addon and given it a try, but I can't seem to find the right firmware for my card. Listed PSID is MT_1050110023, but on firmware download page it is MT_1080120023. I've googled MT_1050110023, and all I see is some old firmware release notes for MCX312A-XCA. Current firmware for the card is listed as 2.30.8000 by the tool. Mac addresses are shown, but the GUIDS is shown as 'ffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffff'. It was an ebay purchase, so who knows what it doing on here. It does work, but would be good to see if I can update the firmware if there is an update possible.

Edited by Lebowski89
3 minutes ago, Lebowski89 said:

Have had a Mellanox Connect-X3

What card did you buy, do you have a screenshot from the listing, usually you'll they list the model number there too.

I can't help much with Firmware because you need the exact model number.

3 minutes ago, Lebowski89 said:

but the GUIDS is shown as 'ffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffff'

This is probably because the BIOS from the card was deleted to speed up boot times.

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What card did you buy, do you have a screenshot from the listing, usually you'll they list the model number there too.

I can't help much with Firmware because you need the exact model number.

Thanks for the reply.

Sadly, ebay in their wisdom only show up to 3 years of purchase history, and I can't find it in my Paypal. But it looks like this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/192515477316

There is a sticker on the card, but I can't access it at this second. Can open my case up and check it out later today. In UnRaid system devices it is listed as: 'Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27500 Family [ConnectX-3]'

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

If it's this card then you need this:

That's what I assumed as well. But I get this:

Edit: I know you can change the PSID with the tool, but I saw this 'Please note that the numbers after the letters, in this case "IBM" and "MT_", should be the same otherwise it is very likely that you have the wrong Firmware for the wrong card'

Screenshothhh_3.jpg

Edited by Lebowski89