Unraid OS version 6.12.1 available

The 6.12.1 release includes a set of bug fixes and security updates.  All users are encouraged to upgrade.

Please refer also to the 6.12.0 Announcement post.

As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".

Bugs: If you discover a bug or other issue in this release, please open a Stable Releases Bug Report and please attach your diagnostics.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Sorry if this was asked before but should I be worried about this or investigate further?

grafik.png.dccc481564992419b02c5c0f3138eae5.png

Note: only my 2 NVMe drives (each 512 GB) mirrored are using ZFS. Currently the cache is at 3% utilization only.

Edited by Pete0

Just upgraded both my main production systems from 6.11.5 direct to 6.12.1.

Everything works great, I can't complain.

Well done guys, another perfect release (for me at least).

Main specs, as a snapshot in case this changes:

UnRAID1 (6.12.1 Pro) Primary: Ryzen 9 5950x, ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), 128GB (4x32GB) Kingston Unbuffered ECC PC4-25600 DDR4-3200, Gigabyte RTX3090 Turbo 24G

UnRAID2 (6.12.1 Pro) Backup: Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI), 128GB (4x32GB) Micron Unbuffered ECC PC4-25600 DDR4-3200, EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3 GAMING

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Pete0 said:

Sorry if this was asked before but should I be worried about this or investigate further?

That's normal, it just means that zfs is using almost the full amount of RAM available for the ARC, in normal use it will always be at or near 100%.

• Thanks 1
On 6/21/2023 at 1:18 AM, trurl said:

Do you have a link to a bug report? SMB has always worked fine for me over Wireguard.

[6.12] Upgrade to 6.12 breaks access when using Tailscale - Stable Releases - Unraid

and

Unraid OS version 6.12.0-rc7 available - Prereleases - Unraid

I use Zerotier, same problems as Tailscale.

Other protocols work (e.g. FTP, HTTPS), but not SMB over Zerotier. Has worked perfectly on 6.11.X, but not on 6.12 any more. It might be due to that "Interface extra" stuff that was added. I ofc set up the "solution", it brings back other protocols, but no SMB.

Edited by TBT
5 hours ago, Vinnieaaaaa said:

Anyone else having issues with right click on the extended docker panel (print screen added). For example to open web ui in incognito or copy link without opening the link ...

Having the issue on both Firefox and Chrome. right click is working elsewhere on the dashboard page

Capture.PNG.017aee438637a45ca255febb61b64865.PNG

This was broken in all of the RC releases as well.  Assuming something to do with the PHP8 changes.

Anyone notice that htop is no longer configured correctly on boot (not sorted by highest CPU and tree view selected) - it is sorted by PID now which pretty useless.

Edited by emb531

Just updated from 6.12.0.  First reboot everything seemed fine.  Discs seemed to mount, array seemed to start, and some apps (maybe all) loaded.  I know this only because IPMI must have loaded; the fans spun down to proper speed.  Then I sat and waited for my Windows 11 VM screen to come up, but it didn't.  No pretty unRAID logo instead of OVMF BIOS screen, no web GUI on a different computer.  Went back to the CLI on the IGPU of the unRAID machine and the cursor for login was not blinking.  Could not get any response from the machine.  Not even a BEEP when I pressed the power down button.  No SSH.  It was totally frozen.

Had to do a hard reset.  After that, rebooted and everything started perfectly so a parity check began.  Seems fine now.  Could not get logs because there was no way to interact with the machine, but fans were running using IPMI settings the whole time.

All seems fine now.

Edited by craigr
clarity
16 hours ago, TBT said:

I use Zerotier, same problems as Tailscale.

You need to disable "netbios" to make SMB work over tunnel interfaces.

The service binding to interfaces reveals the shortcomings of netbios: (1) it does not support IPv6 and (2) it wants to use broadcast addresses.

Hence tunnels are excluded from Samba when netbios is enabled to prevent errors.

Here is a picture of using SMB over tailscale

image.png

9 hours ago, emb531 said:

Anyone notice that htop is no longer configured correctly on boot (not sorted by highest CPU and tree view selected) - it is sorted by PID now which pretty useless.

Open up a terminal and issue:

rm /root/.config/htop/htoprc

After that htop should be sorted as usual.

• Thanks 1

Just upgraded from 6.11.5 to 6.12.1 with no issues.

No so much a bug as an irritant, but since the update, everything I upload to the array has the executable bit set. It's easy enough to remove with chmod of course, but it's a pain to have to do this for everything. Is this normal in the new version or have I missed a setting somewhere?

Thanks,

SR

Well I ran memtest all last night with no errors.   Rebooted unRAID just now without issues.

One thing, AFTER I updated unRAID from 6.12.0 to 6.12.1, the bar at the top of the screen (don't know what you guys call it) notified me there was an update for Unassigned Devices.  Without thinking I clicked update.  Then, I rebooted unRAID for the 6.12.1 upgrade.  Could this have caused the issue?  It seems unRAID crashed on me the first time while it was loading apps after reboot.

20 minutes ago, craigr said:

One thing, AFTER I updated unRAID from 6.12.0 to 6.12.1, the bar at the top of the screen (don't know what you guys call it) notified me there was an update for Unassigned Devices.  Without thinking I clicked update.  Then, I rebooted unRAID for the 6.12.1 upgrade.  Could this have caused the issue?

This is safe. Updating plugins before rebooting into the new OS is a good idea, doesn't matter if that is before or after you download the new OS to the flash drive.

• Thanks 1