[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

1 hour ago, Greyberry said:

Yes when I'm connecting directly it looks like this, but i never use http in the first place on the client side. I wanted to use it on the "backend" so to speak.

of course, was just a way to see if the rule does its job what it obviously does.

im pretty sure you are not alone using NPM ahead of NC so there will be some help ;)

• Like 2
On 8/15/2023 at 5:41 AM, siamsquare said:

Thanks for the reply, no that didn't work...

Screenshot 2023-08-15 113955.png

I have the same problem as you, I think the external container and internal Nextcloud versions are mismatched.

according to my /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php file, it says Nextcloud 'version' => '25.0.3.2'

but according to my /config/www/nextcloud/version.php file, it says Nextcloud $OC_Version = array(26,0,2,1);

Problem is the announcement back on June 25: https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2023-06-25-nextcloud/ it says the updater.phar command is completely removed.  Seems we're in a catch 22

• Confused 1
On 8/15/2023 at 5:41 AM, siamsquare said:

Thanks for the reply, no that didn't work...

Screenshot 2023-08-15 113955.png

Hi siamsqure, I managed to figure out the version conflict.  I saw this comment from user "vset" and figured out the problem is version statements inside the /config/www/nextcloud/version.php file

Like I said here
according to my /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php file, it says Nextcloud 'version' => '25.0.3.2'

according to my /config/www/nextcloud/version.php file, it says Nextcloud $OC_Version = array(26,0,2,1);

You need to edit your version.php to say it is 25.0.3 

So what I did was:

1. stop nextcloud container
  2. edit the container Repository to point to "lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:version-25.0.4" and apply
  3. stop nextcloud container again
  4. back up the text inside config/www/nextcloud/version.php, then open version.php in nano
  5. change from:
    <?php 
    $OC_Version = array(26,0,2,1);
    $OC_VersionString = '26.0.2';
    $OC_Edition = '';
    $OC_Channel = 'stable';
    $OC_VersionCanBeUpgradedFrom = array (
      'nextcloud' => 
      array (
        '25.0' => true,
        '26.0' => true,
  6. change to:
    <?php 
    $OC_Version = array(25,0,3,2);
    $OC_VersionString = '25.0.3';
    $OC_Edition = '';
    $OC_Channel = 'stable';
    $OC_VersionCanBeUpgradedFrom = array (
      'nextcloud' => 
      array (
        '24.0' => true,
        '25.0' => true,
  7. save the modified version.php
  8. Start nextcloud container
  9. open a terminal and then run "docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar"

Now you can follow the directions here and keep updating each Major version

1. stop nextcloud container
  2. edit the container Repository to point to "lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:version-26.0.2" and apply
  3. open a terminal and then run "docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar"

eventually you'll hit the version 27.0.0 of nextcloud container where updater.phar is removed. and you won't have to manually update anymore, everything is done within the container.  Just make sure you run the log after installing ver 27.0.0

Edited by MoebiusStrip

Hi there,

I recently updated the Nextcloud docker as well as restartet the whole server; I am not sure which exactly lead to my issue, I only noticed it after both.

My Nextcloud is in maintenance and won't come out of it. I didn't set it manually. I waited around 48h, no avail.

I tried googling for a solution and while I found people with the same issues, I somehow found no solution.

I attached the log of the Docker, anyone has an idea?

Best Regards

Screenshot 2023-08-25 120615.png

nextcloudLog.txt

Hi, hoping someone can help me track down a recurring issue I've been having for the last few months. Every Sunday at 2am I get the following error in my php error.log file and Nextcloud is unreachable until I manually restart it from the Unraid GUI. The error repeats every second until the container is restarted.

[27-Aug-2023 02:00:01] ERROR: unable to bind listening socket for address '127.0.0.1:9000': Address in use (98)
[27-Aug-2023 02:00:01] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

I assume there's a misconfigured background task or something that's running at this time every week, but I don't know how to locate it.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I should start looking, or has anyone come across this issue before? My Nextcloud installation is pretty simple, with the default apps plus Memories and Recognize. The issue seemed to start around the time I setup Memories and Recognize, but I'm not entirely sure if they're related.

13 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Do you have containers that are used for occasional things and that would start only at that time e.g. to back something up? One might be using port 9000.

Just check all port assignments on the Docker page.

Thanks for the response. There are no other dockers using port 9000, and none are scheduled to start and stop automatically. I also checked my scheduled tasks in Unraid, none are set to start around that time.

I feel like the problem is an internal Nextcloud or Nextcloud app task, cronjob etc. but I don't know how to view a list of those.

On 4/7/2023 at 8:25 AM, Avsynthe said:

Hey all,

So I'm trying to set up Recognize. I'd like to run it without Tensorflow WASM mode as I understand Video tagging is not available with that setting.

Under Tensorflow WASM mode, it reads:

Could not check whether your machine supports native TensorFlow operation.

And with it disabled, under Node.js it reads:

Could not load libtensorflow in Node.js. You can try to manually install libtensorflow or run in WASM mode.

Under that is the note:

If the shipped Node.js binary doesn't work on your system for some reason you can set the path to a custom node.js binary. Currently supported is Node v14.17 and newer v14 releases.

I'd also like to run Tensorflow GPU mode, so I'd like to know if GPU passthrough works in the traditional sense with the --runtime=nvidia extra parameters and the NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES variable set.

Thanks in advance!

I would like to push this issue, as it is also affecting me.

Could not check whether your machine supports native TensorFlow operation. Make sure your OS has GNU lib C, your CPU supports AVX instructions and you are running on x86. If one of these things is not the case, you will need to run in WASM mode.

3 hours ago, hblockx said:

Anyone an idea how to change the webroot since the big update of this container? No matter what I try, I am getting nginx issues, the time I am using 'overwritewebroot' => '/nextcloud',

Nope, I've tried everything and have given up with trying to get it working externally again. Worked perfectly previously but I've spent hours and days trying to get it working again.

Hello guys,

new to the topic. Maybe it was already mentioned here, but I have a problem with the web interface. If I upload an image or a file larger than 100mb, nothing happens. It keeps showing me that it is uploading data, but it remains at a few KB even if I leave the web interface on for more than an hour. It happened after I updated to version 27 of nextcloud. Unfortunately, I don't even get an error, so I have no idea where the problem is. It uploads data through applications without any problems. At the same time, I will ask where the php.ini file was moved? I would like to set max_upload and similar but I couldn't find it. I appreciate your help.

On 7/5/2023 at 2:38 PM, iXNyNe said:

The update process has been built into the container image, so updating the container will perform the update to nextcloud itself going forward.

Hi @iXNyNe - can you clarify whether you mean use the 'apply update' option from the Docker menu in UnRAID, or to use the 'Open Updater' option from the administrator settings menu within the Nextcloud container? I am guessing its the latter... but just wanted to make 100% sure I do this correctly as nearly everytime I've ever done an update I have ended up deleting the Nextcloud docker and having to start from scratch :(

Many thanks 

4 hours ago, SliMat said:

Hi @iXNyNe - can you clarify whether you mean use the 'apply update' option from the Docker menu in UnRAID, or to use the 'Open Updater' option from the administrator settings menu within the Nextcloud container? I am guessing its the latter... but just wanted to make 100% sure I do this correctly as nearly everytime I've ever done an update I have ended up deleting the Nextcloud docker and having to start from scratch :(

Many thanks 

Do NOT update nextcloud by clicking the update button from the nextcloud admin status page.

Do update nextcloud by telling unRAID to check for and apply updates to your container.

• Like 1

Can anyone help me with userscript with preview generator? I don't know why this is not working but when I googled and ask chat gpt this it give? It seems the occ files are not there anymore with update? What should I edit to use it in userscript for nextcloud? Thanks

docker exec -u abc nextcloud php /config/www/nextcloud/occ preview:generate-all -vvv >> /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/preview_generate.log 2>&1

On 6/1/2023 at 7:47 PM, Iceman1199 said:

I'm in the same boat.  I tried @Danuel @allinvain and @dodgypast steps.  I even get the error about permissions being needed, but they are correct from what I can tell. 

And when I try to run the docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar command, I get this mess:

Nextcloud Updater - version: v26.0.0beta2-9-g64e2e4c dirty

Current version is 26.0.2.

Update to Nextcloud 17.0.10 available. (channel: "beta")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-17.0.10.zip
Open changelog ↗

Why is it looking for 17.0.10 and even beta now? Really just thinking about blowing it all away and restarting lol. 

Thoughts?

Might be bit late but just in case somebody else sees this post like I did. In my case it seems like the /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php reverted back to an older version and that is why the update shows for an old version even though a newer version is already installed. I manually updated the current version to what is actually installed and I was then able to run the updater from there and continue forward. 

SOLVED:  Got some help from phobos on Discord.  I am using SQLIte3 and somehow the sync database (/data/owncloud.db-shm) got chown'ed to root, so the nextcloud user couldn't perform db transactions.  A simple 'chown abc:abc' on the offending file fixed it.

--------------------

I am suddenly having problems with my NextCloud container v27.0.2.  The GUI keeps throwing Internal Server Errors, and the log is filled with variations on the following error:

PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 8 attempt to write a readonly database in /app/www/public/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Driver/PDO/Statement.php:101
Stack trace:
#0 /app/www/public/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Driver/PDO/Statement.php(101): PDOStatement->execute()
#1 /app/www/public/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1155): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDO\Statement->execute()
#2 /app/www/public/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(295): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeStatement()
#3 /app/www/public/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Query/QueryBuilder.php(354): OC\DB\Connection->executeStatement()
#4 /app/www/public/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(280): Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder->execute()
#5 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppConfig.php(332): OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder->execute()
#6 /app/www/public/lib/private/AllConfig.php(227): OC\AppConfig->deleteKey()
#7 /app/www/public/lib/base.php(751): OC\AllConfig->deleteAppValue()
#8 /app/www/public/lib/base.php(1180): OC::init()
#9 /app/www/public/cron.php(43): require_once('...')
#10 {main}

The variations are different PHP source files hitting the readonly database, but the error is always the same.

Can anybody tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks.

Edited by CJW