Unraid Forum 100K Giveaway

What i like:

i love the stability of Unraid and the ease to set it up.

What could be added:

- intergrate CA into unraid itself so it isnt community depent anymore

- an step by step tutorial which explains every aspect of Unraid (which you can opt out from)

Thanks!

On 12/27/2019 at 10:27 AM, SpencerJ said:

The Unraid forum is about to hit a major milestone: 100,000 members! As of Christmas time, 2019, we're sitting at approximately 99,000 forum members. To commemorate this awesome community achievement, let's do another giveaway!

What's at stake?

• 90 winners will receive limited-edition Unraid case badges! These 2x2 inch domed, polyurethane server badges will look great on your own home lab (badges not for sale, sorry)!
  • 9 winners will receive an Unraid case badge AND a $25 gift card to the Unraid merch store.
  • 1 Grand Prize Winner: receives a case badge, a $25 gift card AND an Unraid pro license! Pretty sweet huh!?

See the linked blog post for pics and additional info!

How to Enter:

Simply tell us:

• one thing you like most about Unraid

and

• one thing you'd like to see added to the OS in 2020

That's it! Winners will be drawn at random from the forum entrants here. 

At our current rate, we will likely hit 100,000 members late January or early February 2020. Follow the Unraid twitter account for periodic forum # updates!

Entries will close as soon as we hit 100,000 forum members so don't delay in entering! Good luck.

https://unraid.net/blog/unraid-forum-100k-giveaway

1. The one thing I like most about Unraid is the UI, as a beginner with Unraid it was extremely easy for me to get started and now that I have used it for a few months I really enjoy how simple it is to do most things such as build VM's and Docker containers. The most useful thing I have found so far is the community though, they help out a ton.

2. One thing I would like to see added to the OS in 2020 is the ability to set up Snapshots so if say a picture was accidentally deleted on a share It would be easily recoverable, also snapshots for VM's and Docker containers, but it would also be nice to have native ZFS

Edited by Frankthetank907
added a couple extra thoughts

I like the home-user-friendly array approach.
It's definitely way more effective to repurpose old hdds, which vary often in size.
AND
I really like the community supporting this project.

I think some kind of notification service would be nice. (via email, Signal, Telegram, etc.)
To receive a message from the server itself is way more convenient than regularly checking the servers website.

2 minutes ago, vonDowntown said:

I think some kind of notification service would be nice. (via email, Signal, Telegram, etc.)
To receive a message from the server itself is way more convenient than regularly checking the servers website.

Last time I checked there is Settings - Notification Settings for that...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been using Unraid for a long time and what I like most is it's versatility.  When I first started, it was basically just used for storage.  But now you can use it for so much more with dockers and VMs.

One thing that would be nice is a native backup solution.  Whether it be off site, or to another server.

I love how much information is available to solve specific configuration problems with any system combination imaginable, and how even a specific question for a very isolated problem will usually get addressed by either staff or a member of the community in a reasonable timeframe. 

I would like to see some more specific performance optimization tools for VMs on Threadripper systems, as it can be a challenge to properly configure a processor with multiple numa nodes to run efficiently.