[PLUG-IN] NerdTools

2 hours ago, originade said:

Thank you for figuring this out. How would you go about building the previous version and replacing the current version?

Exactly. I felt comfy in Linux but unRAID is another story. @fabricionaweb could you please elaborate on downgrading python? Thank you!

14 hours ago, ANIMATEK said:

Exactly. I felt comfy in Linux but unRAID is another story. @fabricionaweb could you please elaborate on downgrading python? Thank you!

I dont want to say something wrong here... I'd prefer to wait they to fix it or provide a way to do it, sorry.

The only way I know is to install the package outside nerdtools and I can not advise it here.

On 5/13/2023 at 3:04 PM, fabricionaweb said:

I dont want to say something wrong here... I'd prefer to wait they to fix it or provide a way to do it, sorry.

The only way I know is to install the package outside nerdtools and I can not advise it here.

The issue has been fixed in the update from yesterday. Happy nerding.

• Thanks 2

Seems like it's still not working for me.

unRaid 6.11.2

Installed version as per NerdTools, no updates to apply - python3-3.9.16-x86_64-1_slack15.0.txz

Script Starting May 16, 2023 21:03.47

WARNING: pip is configured with locations that require TLS/SSL, however the ssl module in Python is not available.
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/qbittorrent-api/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/qbittorrent-api/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/qbittorrent-api/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/qbittorrent-api/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/qbittorrent-api/
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/qbittorrent-api/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/qbittorrent-api/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")) - skipping
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement qbittorrent-api (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for qbittorrent-api
WARNING: pip is configured with locations that require TLS/SSL, however the ssl module in Python is not available.
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/pip/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/pip/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")) - skipping
WARNING: There was an error checking the latest version of pip.
Script Finished May 16, 2023 21:03.55

There was an issue with python3, even though it said it was installed, apparently, it wasn't. I applied an update to powershell and was notified that python was missing. 
I uninstalled python and reinstalled it. No longer receive the error message above.

Edited by unRAIDuser7
Update with solution
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,
After reading through most of this topic, I wasn't able to find a way to add/install one of the utilities which would generate an image from a STL file.

Now, before I come across as a needy person, I have done my research and attempted to self-service my issue, but alas, I am not that smart.

One command line tool is this:
https://github.com/unlimitedbacon/stl-thumb
And the other is this:
https://github.com/aslze/minirender

Any would suit my needs.
The reason to ask is, I have a large collection of STL files which I would like to generate thumbnail images for. I can create scripts which use the command line tools, but I haven't found a way to compile and use them under Unraid. I also should mention I do have a way to generate thumbnails using a script and a different tool from my remote Windows machine, but that means I need to read each STL over wireless and generate a thumbnail. Some of those files are BIG (up to 1 GB each) and it takes an enormous amount of time. Generating images locally would be preferrable.

So... if it's not that big of a hassle, could you please add any of those tools to NerdTools?

Thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

can we get support for auditd?

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/502878/slackware-14-2-turn-on-the-auditd-daemon

https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/system/audit/  a newer version would be better.

https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/system/audit/

https://github.com/linux-audit

I think is crucial to be able to monitor Unraid security

Or wazuh agent? not sure if it's compatible but this is the only reference to slackware I have found

https://github.com/wazuh/wazuh/blob/master/src/init/init.sh

Edited by L0rdRaiden

Two arrays that I have - Borgbackup stopped working on both - same error:

root@nas01:~# borg --help
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/borg", line 33, in <module>
    sys.exit(load_entry_point('borgbackup==1.2.4', 'console_scripts', 'borg')())
  File "/usr/bin/borg", line 22, in importlib_load_entry_point
    for entry_point in distribution(dist_name).entry_points
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/importlib/metadata.py", line 524, in distribution
    return Distribution.from_name(distribution_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/importlib/metadata.py", line 187, in from_name
    raise PackageNotFoundError(name)
importlib.metadata.PackageNotFoundError: borgbackup

Anyone else have a borg currently working or did this recent update cause an issue?

Edited by flinte
On 6/13/2023 at 12:08 AM, flinte said:

Two arrays that I have - Borgbackup stopped working on both - same error:

root@nas01:~# borg --help
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/borg", line 33, in <module>
    sys.exit(load_entry_point('borgbackup==1.2.4', 'console_scripts', 'borg')())
  File "/usr/bin/borg", line 22, in importlib_load_entry_point
    for entry_point in distribution(dist_name).entry_points
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/importlib/metadata.py", line 524, in distribution
    return Distribution.from_name(distribution_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/importlib/metadata.py", line 187, in from_name
    raise PackageNotFoundError(name)
importlib.metadata.PackageNotFoundError: borgbackup

Anyone else have a borg currently working or did this recent update cause an issue?

fyi, I was able to find the root cause of this was python 3.9 (a dependency) was failing to install at boot.  I was able to remove the python + borg packages then reinstall via the nerd tools gui and then everything was fine. 

A request for nvme-cli please

I tried adding it manually for testing purposes from the Slackware15 mirror and installing with upgradepkg --install-new but nvme-cli doesn't exist after install is complete. No error during the install /setup either.

On 6/28/2023 at 10:36 PM, flinte said:

fyi, I was able to find the root cause of this was python 3.9 (a dependency) was failing to install at boot.  I was able to remove the python + borg packages then reinstall via the nerd tools gui and then everything was fine. 

@EUGENI_CAT This continues to be a problem/bug.  I have isolated the root cause to be that on reboot python 3.9 regularly DOES NOT get installed correctly and anything that depends on that package, in my case borg which I depend upon for unraid appdata backups, is broken.  The result is after every reboot I have to manually intervene and remove and reinstall borg, python 3.9 and all other dependancies else all my backups will fail.

Just a thought, could nerdtools not install a package manager like apt or yum/dnf (whatever base slackware uses, im not very familiar with slackware).  My thought is just that a good package manager will handle installation success/fail better plus better dependency resolution.

Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 12.36.35 PM.png

21 hours ago, flinte said:

@EUGENI_CAT This continues to be a problem/bug.  I have isolated the root cause to be that on reboot python 3.9 regularly DOES NOT get installed correctly and anything that depends on that package, in my case borg which I depend upon for unraid appdata backups, is broken.  The result is after every reboot I have to manually intervene and remove and reinstall borg, python 3.9 and all other dependancies else all my backups will fail.

This kind of issue is why docker is the recommended way to add services to unRAID. Is there not a dockerized version of borg?