Unraid Forum 100K Giveaway

Thank you all for entering our giveaway! At 1/9/2020 at approximately 11:55 AM Pacific, we hit 100,000 forum members! Entries are now closed, winners have been contacted and prizes have been mailed out. A sincere thank you to you all for being a part of this 100,000 strong community!

The Unraid forum is about to hit a major milestone: 100,000 members! As of Christmas time, 2019, we're sitting at approximately 99,000 forum members. To commemorate this awesome community achievement, let's do another giveaway!

What's at stake?

• 90 winners will receive limited-edition Unraid case badges! These 2x2 inch domed, polyurethane server badges will look great on your own home lab (badges not for sale, sorry)!
  • 9 winners will receive an Unraid case badge AND a $25 gift card to the Unraid merch store.
  • 1 Grand Prize Winner: receives a case badge, a $25 gift card AND an Unraid pro license! Pretty sweet huh!?

See the linked blog post for pics and additional info!

How to Enter:

Simply tell us:

• one thing you like most about Unraid

and

• one thing you'd like to see added to the OS in 2020

That's it! Winners will be drawn at random from the forum entrants here. 

At our current rate, we will likely hit 100,000 members late January or early February 2020. Follow the Unraid twitter account for periodic forum # updates!

Entries will close as soon as we hit 100,000 forum members so don't delay in entering! Good luck.

https://unraid.net/blog/unraid-forum-100k-giveaway

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

It’s a toss up between what I like most: 1: LimeTech is responsive to the community 2: the community is a fantastic support apparatus

the thing I’d like to see added actually demonstrates the first point because it is going to be added: multiple cache polls! (Maybe I should say all ssd array instead?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, SpencerJ said:

The Unraid forum is about to hit a major milestone: 100,000 members! As of Christmas time, 2019, we're sitting at approximately 99,000 forum members. To commemorate this awesome community achievement, let's do another giveaway!

What's at stake?

• 90 winners will receive limited-edition Unraid case badges! These 2x2 inch domed, polyurethane server badges will look great on your own home lab (badges not for sale, sorry)!
  • 9 winners will receive an Unraid case badge AND a $25 gift card to the Unraid merch store.
  • 1 Grand Prize Winner: receives a case badge, a $25 gift card AND an Unraid pro license! Pretty sweet huh!?

See the linked blog post for pics and additional info!

How to Enter:

Simply tell us:

• one thing you like most about Unraid

and

• one thing you'd like to see added to the OS in 2020

That's it! Winners will be drawn at random from the forum entrants here. 

At our current rate, we will likely hit 100,000 members late January or early February 2020. Follow the Unraid twitter account for periodic forum # updates!

Entries will close as soon as we hit 100,000 forum members so don't delay in entering! Good luck.

https://unraid.net/blog/unraid-forum-100k-giveaway

I love the ability to add one drive at a time in unraid, and a feature I’d love to see is a native and secure remote access solution for outside the home. 

• Like 1

Greetings I would like to win a prize from you, I would like to create a NAS server with your operating system and I have tried other systems and there is nothing better than unraid it is easier to handle and I think it is super stable and I would like that it was my first  NAS system that I'm going to set up official.

Edited by Espangel

I absolutely love how easy it is to deploy docker containers....UnRaid was kinda my gateway into the whole docker system. I've always been a linux guy, but before dockers were a dark area for me. 

One thing I would absolutely love to be implemented into UnRaid is "High-Availability" both for dockers and the filesystem. I host websites and data storage (NGINX wordpress sites and Nextcloud) for friends and family. I run 4 UnRaid servers right now...each have their intended purposes, but it would be nice to set them up in cluster nodes, that way if I need to shut one down for maintenance or something....it doesn't bring everything down with it.  

Stability! I've had half year plus uptimes with unraid and the only reason it didn't continue was because I chose to reboot to upgrade the os. This answer is boring because I also love the ease of setup, maintenance, and power features when desired, but stability is the most important for me.

I'd love to see additional btrfs pools in unraid so I can dedicate one to vms and one to normal cache duties. I've done this via the command line and unassigned devices, but would be great to get native support for this feature.

Edited by NNate

Thanks for doing the giveaway.

My favorite thing has always been the flexibility, being able to mix and match different disk sizes and easily being able to add/remove disks from the pool.

I would love to see multiple cache pools, IE a cache pool for only my vm's and dockers and then another cache pool for just acting as a write cache

• Like 1

I like the ease of use, and it is much better than Xpenology and Freenas
I have just been working on it for a month now and it is easy and I am also going to buy a license.

What should be included as a notification agent, for example, and I would like to see added to the OS is support for SSD drives..

Edited by Chrisw