[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

5 hours ago, itimpi said:

That message means that there is something under /mnt that should not be there.

Running the command:

ls -l /mnt

should give a clue as to what is (and therefore what might have done it).

Hi itimpi,

thanks for this info

I checked it and found... nothing (?)

There are some folders:

.) addons... empty

.) remotes... empty

.) rootshare... empty

These folders are new but dont ask where they come from 🤣

Can i delete this empty folders or do they have some functions?

Edited by Zonediver
1 hour ago, Zonediver said:

Hi itimpi,

thanks for this info

I checked it and found... nothing (?)

There are some folders:

.) addons... empty

.) remotes... empty

.) rootshare... empty

These folders are new but dont ask where they come from 🤣

Can i delete this empty folders or do they have some functions?

Those are all expected - they are used by the Unassigned Devices plugin.

Receiving the following error:

Fix Common Problems - homegrown: 03-02-2024 04:40 AM

Errors have been found with your server (homegrown).
Investigate at Settings / User Utilities / Fix Common Problems

FCP states:

File mounts present within /mnt

Can't figure out what is causing this issue. It may be related to how I have Google Drive mounted with SMB? There is a "mounts" file in /mnt, but I'm not sure if that's expected to be there. Or maybe related to /mounts folder? Other possibility is perhaps I need to exclude /mnt from Recyle Bin plugin? Not sure.

image.png.c3bf8199ac358d2936346b7247360cbb.png

Diagnostics attached. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

homegrown-diagnostics-20240205-1957.zip

Edited by ramair02

You have the file ‘mounts’ which should not be there.   You must have something creating it.   It is also not normal for the RecycleBin folder to be there - but that may be an artifact of whatever is causing the ‘mounts’ file to appear.

There should be nothing manually mounted directly under /mnt.   if you are manually mounting anything then it should be under /mnt/addons.   If you use Unassigned Devices plugin to mount anything it will appear under /mnt/disks or /mnt/remotes as appropriate.

11 hours ago, itimpi said:

You have the file ‘mounts’ which should not be there.   You must have something creating it.   It is also not normal for the RecycleBin folder to be there - but that may be an artifact of whatever is causing the ‘mounts’ file to appear.

There should be nothing manually mounted directly under /mnt.   if you are manually mounting anything then it should be under /mnt/addons.   If you use Unassigned Devices plugin to mount anything it will appear under /mnt/disks or /mnt/remotes as appropriate.

This makes sense. How can I figure out what is creating the 'mounts' file? It contains a bunch of mountpoint information about all of my disks. Here's a snippet of the file contents. Entire file attached.

image.thumb.png.30b73f820024f6cd39ac8a202d3e397a.pngmounts.txt

Edited by ramair02

So.... the message is back again... today 4:40 i got an E-Mail from my Server (again)

Event: Fix Common Problems - Horus Subject: Errors have been found with your server (Horus). Description: Investigate at Settings / User Utilities / Fix Common Problems Importance: alert

* **File mounts present within /mnt**

What the heck is going on with this plugin????

Is there something i can check?

grafik.png.fbc8719eaffed1c390e494f1ef1d514c.png

Edited by Zonediver

Hello all. I have this error that i cannot work out how to fix (assuming it needs fixing).

Invalid folder cache contained within /mnt

I've checked my Dockers and VMs and cannot find a reference to anything un-toward. I do seem to have gained an extra share /etc which has libvirt/qemu/ in it!

Everything seems to be working correctly.

Diagnostics attached.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for your time.

W

tower-diagnostics-20240207-1344.zip

2 hours ago, Zonediver said:

So.... the message is back again... today 4:40 i got an E-Mail from my Server (again)

Event: Fix Common Problems - Horus Subject: Errors have been found with your server (Horus). Description: Investigate at Settings / User Utilities / Fix Common Problems Importance: alert

* **File mounts present within /mnt**

What the heck is going on with this plugin????

Is there something i can check?

grafik.png.fbc8719eaffed1c390e494f1ef1d514c.png

You're having the same issue as me. I'm assuming it is a bug that a future update of FCP or UD will fix? For now, I'm just ignoring the error until I hear from folks here that know more

It looks like when you assign a docker container a memory limit and it violates that limit, FCP sees that as an OOM error for the entire system, which is incorrect.  I would like to see system level OOM errors be a separate alert from container limit violation OOM error with the docker limit set to be a warning and system level remain as an error as it currently is.

image.thumb.png.a187d9bcf8e8d9c10bef789dab2bd274.png

image.png.844d3f312d8e6e0f0e1daea028dd65db.png

Plenty of memory available during the timeframe of the issue

image.thumb.png.26f15213afde6588f50cc3f17afbaf27.png

image.thumb.png.a9c47833443ddf392034248736206534.png

it looks like a difference you can key off of is the gfp_mask, it has NOFAIL for docker kills, but total system OOM gives something like

Nov 27 00:54:56 Tower kernel: pgrep invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0xcc0(GFP_KERNEL), order=0, oom_score_adj=0

GFP_KERNEL

Edited by Gunny

Just looking for a bit of help with an FCP alert in relation to macvlan/bridging being active. 

So I made this post on general support about it. Essentially no matter what settings I have active it will give me the alert about macvlan/bridging being active. I have tried macvlan with bridging active which obviously gives the alert, then macvlan with bridging disabled which again gave the alert. macvlan with bridging disabled and making sure no containers have bridge set, and finally ipvlan active which will still give me the alert about macvlan and bridging being active. I made sure to reboot after each settings change. 

Everything seems to be working just fine with the exception of the MAC address not populating on the network settings page. Pic of this available on the above link along with diagnostics. any help would be appreciated. 

Possible Hack Attempt - "On Feb 16 there were 69 invalid login attempts. This could either be yourself attempting to login to your server (SSH / Telnet) with the wrong user or password, or you could be actively be the victim of hack attacks. A common cause of this would be placing your server within your routers DMZ, or improperly forwarding ports."

I've gone through my port forwarding in my router and disabled everything except Plex and Jellyfin several weeks ago and this is become a daily occurrence. I've validated the IP address to my Unraid server is unable to be accessed outside of my network. I do use OpenVPN to remote in to my network outside of the home. 

themonster-diagnostics-20240216-1624.zip

7 minutes ago, BigDaddyDingDong said:

it appears my main home PC is causing the "hack attempt" warnings. 

Probably your antivirus software is attempting to hack any device it finds on the network to alert you to any open services. Personally I find this practice disturbing, but it seems to be a thing with certain antivirus programs and even routers.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Probably your antivirus software is attempting to hack any device it finds on the network to alert you to any open services. Personally I find this practice disturbing, but it seems to be a thing with certain antivirus programs and even routers.

You know! You're absolutely right! My AVG antivirus is probably doing this. This is absolutely annoying!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of days ago I upgraded the Fix Common Problems plugin, and it's now warning "Possible rootkit or malware detected". After a bit of Googling I think this used to look at the size of the .key files in /boot/config.

Everything looks normal, does anyone have any suggestions of things I should check?

On 2/16/2024 at 7:10 PM, BigDaddyDingDong said:

You know! You're absolutely right! My AVG antivirus is probably doing this. This is absolutely annoying!

Mine too. I'm using Avast and I went in and disabled "Network Inspector". So far after a few hours nothing has showed up. I've already had 66 invalid login attempts just today before I disabled it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will resolve this issue.

AvastNetworkInspSettings.png