[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

It looks like that for me the Plugin does not scan anymore. I did deinstall und install again but wont help. Before it was showing the popup with changing text at the bottom (telling what is being scanned right now).
But now it does not show any additional text (about what is being scanned) ... the popup stays forever.

Is there any known issue if i am on newest version of plugin but did not yet update unraid itself?

On 7/6/2024 at 8:27 PM, glassbase said:

Also getting this new SSS Trim schedule error.

I’ve disabled and re-enabled and still have the error. Even tried changing the time. 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you 

On 7/6/2024 at 10:57 PM, Squid said:

The description tells you exactly what to do.  Go to settings, schedules, SSD Trim, make a change any change and hit apply.  Problem fixed

I am having the same issue. Did the recommended steps but after rescans the error is still present. Could this be an issue with having the Fixed Schedules plugin conflicting with the cron job? Only thing I can think of.

On 7/9/2024 at 12:11 AM, Saarlaender said:

It looks like that for me the Plugin does not scan anymore. I did deinstall und install again but wont help. Before it was showing the popup with changing text at the bottom (telling what is being scanned right now).
But now it does not show any additional text (about what is being scanned) ... the popup stays forever.

Is there any known issue if i am on newest version of plugin but did not yet update unraid itself?

I am getting the same issue. The scan does not seem to start, or the progress text does not update. I have to press to Esc to clear the modal dialogue.

On 7/13/2024 at 6:41 AM, DigitalAnalog said:

I am getting the same issue. The scan does not seem to start, or the progress text does not update. I have to press to Esc to clear the modal dialogue.

Same for me too.

On 5/29/2024 at 4:31 AM, smdion said:

I think you are mis-reading  your report on the bad detection.  You need to remove the one by Bergware and Install the one by dlandon.  It is 100% correct calling it out.

@smdion I'm not mis-reading it; as the description talks about 'Cache Dirs / Folder Caching published by Bonienl', and I have 'Dynamix Cache Directories by Bergware'; Boniel and Bergware are 2 different names. It may be that the intent of this message is to also apply to the Bergware plugin I have, but if that is the case, then it would be better if the message actually stated as much.

6 hours ago, devalias said:

@smdion I'm not mis-reading it; as the description talks about 'Cache Dirs / Folder Caching published by Bonienl', and I have 'Dynamix Cache Directories by Bergware'; Boniel and Bergware are 2 different names. It may be that the intent of this message is to also apply to the Bergware plugin I have, but if that is the case, then it would be better if the message actually stated as much.

For info Bonienl and Bergware are the same person. One is the forum name other is Github user.

Since moving to the beta I get the following from FCP

Share Library set to use pool cache, but files / folders exist on the ssdraidz pool

This share uses cache pools for primary and secondary storage. I have these ignored for now, just curious if this will be recognized as a valid config in a future release. Or maybe I am doing something wrong.

Hello

I'm getting Invalid folder ncdata contained within /mnt and I'm not sure why.  I'm running nextcloud aio and i have no variables pointing or mention ncdata.  I have NEXTCLOUD_MOUNT pointed to /mnt for the purpose of passing external media.  I cannot find what is causing this.  I have tried deleting the folder but it crashed nextcloud. Any help would be great!

diagnostics-20240726-1631.zip

On 1/6/2024 at 11:19 AM, wndq8h21 said:

Same issue here.

Resolved for me with these steps:

1 - Uninstall plugin

2 - Delete temp file (rm -rf /tmp/fix.common.problems)

3 - Reinstall plugin

4 - Scan

Thanks this worked for me today. Had this issue today randomly out of the woods.

Cheers!

I'm getting the following message:

"Share SHARENAME set to use pool ZZZZ, but files / folders exist on the YYYYY pool"

So pool ZZZZ is a NVM cache pool in ZFS, YYYYY is a separate pool of a HDD in XFS. All I did was add the cache drive to work for the HDD as that is something you can do on the latest Unraid version. I'm on 7.0.0-beta.2 (so thats probably why I got the error). But I thought I'll mention it.

On 7/18/2024 at 2:47 PM, kennymc.c said:

The included Update Assistant tool still shows 6.12.10 as the latest version. Is this a know issue as the update process has changed with the previous version?

+1

Hello Team,

I still get notifications when ignored.

I have immich installed with docker compose and have marked it as ignored for update notification and still get the notification.

Additionally, no update is available, still the docker tab shows update available.

Please provide a solution.

Thanks

Screenshot from Plugin:

image.thumb.png.f0e0d4a0852fb12c93202843bd9f894c.png

Screenshot from Notification Archive from this morning.:image.thumb.png.c024f3cd739dc0db48a364aa114094cf.png

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2024 at 2:47 PM, kennymc.c said:

The included Update Assistant tool still shows 6.12.10 as the latest version. Is this a know issue as the update process has changed with the previous version?

Reporting same result. Fix Common Problems / Update Assistant not seeing new versions (reporting 6.12.10) is the latest. 
Is there a known fix or plugin update in the works perhaps?

On 8/18/2024 at 6:43 PM, bombz said:

Reporting same result. Fix Common Problems / Update Assistant not seeing new versions (reporting 6.12.10) is the latest. 
Is there a known fix or plugin update in the works perhaps?

I think this is because of the new method of update checking / installing.  Will investigate further.

22 hours ago, Squid said:

I think this is because of the new method of update checking / installing.  Will investigate further.

Hello,

Sounds great! Has been a such a useful plugin over the years, be wonderful to resolve the concern. 
Appreciate the follow-up !

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, methanoid said:

what do we do (apart from seek help and post logs) ???

just copy the desired tools into the /extra folder (/boot/extra if UNRAID is running) of your USB stick. They will be installed on the next reboot.

Thats the same as "nerd tools" does. It downloads the packages and copies them to /extra.

If you do not want to reboot, use "installpkg" from the UNRAID shell.

Here is an article that shows you what to do without nerd-tools: https://ericswpark.com/blog/2022/2022-09-24-manually-installing-packages-on-unraid/